Paradox of Time

By Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... More

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#4: Tutor's Dilemma

846 40 3
By Yel_lue04

Library

Eleanor peeked inside and felt the thick aura of depression. She peeked inside and saw someone with flies hovering around him.

"Excuse me. I heard that you didn't go out from this library since...", Eleanor slowly entered. The hopeless man raised his head and the room suddenly turned bright when the tutor saw Eleanor. "Welcome back Milady!!!", he shouted.

"I'm sorry I ditched you for the whole month. I don't know the rest of the story but I hope you will accept me back as your student", Eleanor bowed.

"Huh?! Me?! Milady. Why are you bowing?", Gilbert pointed at himself and regained his composure. 

Eleanor decided to go back to studying rather than getting stuck with Oliver who continuously teases and mocks her. She's also embarrassed to talk to the maids since she isn't sure to what extent the lady of the house ridicules them.

"Gladly, Milady. You may take your seat. Just give me some time to gather your books", Gilbert smiled. Eleanor was surprised. She didn't give it much of a thought but the royal tutor gave a noble-like atmosphere around him. "Sorry", she suddenly apologized because she was expecting to see an old man who was senile. "Hm? Do you have something else to apologize for?", the tutor gave a soft chuckle. "I actually thought you would be some kind of old man or maybe a monk", Eleanor found herself able to speak her mind without any fear. Compared to the rest of the people in the mansion, he's the first person who smiled at her.

"I just started working but you never entered my class. For the past two weeks, you were unconscious. This is the first time we see each other", Gilbert informed.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Gilbert de Francisca. I was formerly the tutor of the Crown Prince and now the tutor of the Duke's daughter", Gilbert introduced.

"Ah, my name is Eleanor from the house... Wait... What's the name of this house again?", Eleanor covered her mouth. "Varian. This is the proud house of Varian", Gilbert pointed out. "Sorry. I just lost my memories so...", Eleanor felt embarrassed. "Milady, there is nothing to apologize for. It wasn't your fault that you fell on that cliff", Gilbert smiled again and opened some books.

"Your assessment test told me that you are already at this level but I want you to take another test. I will allow you to review for a week. After that, we'll resume your classes once you take the tests again", Gilbert informed. "What's the last result of the assessment?", Eleanor asked. Gilbert flinched. He scratched his nape which Eleanor found adorable. He was around 25 or somewhere near. "You failed all of them. That's why you originally had to take a whole day class", Gilbert informed. Eleanor felt like her heart was going to fall on the ground. She never heard that in her entire life. She was an A student since she was a child. She took that as a challenge.

Charles peeked because he was worried that Eleanor might be bullying the tutor. He spent a lot on inviting a royal tutor. The last one he invited almost gave up on tutoring because of Eleanor's laziness in studying.

Charles's eyes widened when he saw Eleanor's serious eyes while reading the books. She raised her hand and asked Gilbert about something.

He heard someone laughing. "Did you give her a scare? She seems to be genuinely doing her best now", Oliver asked. "I'm not sure. She must have hit her head so much but think I also want to watch this version of her", Charles smiled.

Afternoon

"Milady, you have to take your meal", Gilbert looked at his clock watch. "Your clock watch is different than mine", Eleanor noticed. "Would you like to have it?", Gilbert asked. "No. It seems so precious for you", the lady shook her head.

"I'll be back after eating. How about you, teacher? Aren't you going to eat with me?", Eleanor asked. "Teach...", Gilbert had teary eyes. "Thank you for attending your class, Milady. After my task was done for the crown prince, I thought I would be done for life", Gilbert chuckled. "You're a great teacher, Gilbert. That's why I will be attending your classes", Eleanor assured and left the library.

"She doesn't seem what the rumor tells", Gilbert smiled.

Dining Hall

Eleanor was eating alone at a huge table. She looked around and saw the chef and maid peeking. She flinched and pretended not to see them.

This cheeky lady threw their food as if it was trash.

Eleanor ate a lot and saw the chef and maids feeling satisfied l. She smiled and left the dining hall.

I wonder if she had always eaten alone in that huge hall.

"Lady Eleanor. Did you finish your meal?", Mari asked. Eleanor nodded and held Mari's hand. "Mari, can we request my tutor eat with me during the mid-day meal? It feels lonely eating alone. Please", Eleanor gave puppy eyes. Mari cleared her throat. "I will talk about it with your father", Mari answered. "Mari. You're the Head maid, right? Why is it that you bathe me every day if you can ask the rest of the maids to do it?", Eleanor lets go of her hand. "Do you dislike it, my lady?", Mari looked at her eyes. "It's not like that. I mean, there are other easier tasks. You're getting older Mari. If the maids don't want to help me in my bath, I can do it alone", Eleanor said confidently. 

I'm actually embarrassed having someone scrub my back and see me naked every day.

"I bathed your father when he was young. I was entrusted such a great duty by the house Silverstone and that is an honor for me. That's why, even if the other maids don't want to do tasks for you, I am still willing to do so", Mari explained. Eleanor hugged her. "Thank you. I know this brat is difficult to handle so thanks for sticking around. It might have been lonely without you", Eleanor slightly chuckled.

She gently pushed Mari away. "Time for class", she said and then ran away. Some of the maids saw what Eleanor did and were looking at each other.

Next few days...
Charles' Room

There was a surprised look at Charles's face. "Yes, Duke. Your daughter was able to score at par with the Crown Prince. I have her paper with me", Gilbert gave the test paper.

"Geography, Politics, Math, and Language. She was able to answer them properly without my help", Gilbert said with a proud tone. It's not like he taught her for a long time. It was just a week.

"How was she? Did she faint? Did you make her study until midnight?", Charles was worried. "Your daughter is fine. I can call her for you, Duke", Gilbert volunteered. "No need. I'll visit her in her room this night. I have to discuss some issues with the Emperor today. His son is nearly in his coming of age", Charles sighed. "Are you worried because he might not pick Eleanor to be the Empress? She's four years behind", Gilbert stated the fact. "It's not that. The Emperor is asking me to be the Commander of the First Squad. If I do that, I'll be spending less time with Ellie", Charles shook his head in disagreement.

"The lady had changed a lot. If you're worried that she'll be causing trouble, I don't think that she's capable of doing that now", Gilbert assured.

"What if her memories return, it'll be such a pain if I am the Royal Commander and my daughter ends up being the Empress. She'll be more powerful than me if that time comes", Charles just laughed. 

"I now understand where the lady got her rumored prideful behaviors", Gilbert chuckled.

Chapter end

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1.6K 47
"๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด... ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด.... ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ...
2.5K 155 7
[adrienxgenderneutral!reader] disparate /things so unlike that there is no basis for comparison/ โ”โ” Rich people are the worst. โ”โ” disclaimer: i dont...
56.7K 1.7K 24
I'm tired. I did my best, no one acknowledged me. It seems to be hell wherever I go or do. I died and reincarnated. When can I stop acting? "END MY M...
225K 10.3K 100
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š.. ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ข ๐™„? โž โˆ˜โ‚Šโœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ‚Šโˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...