Paradox of Time

Від Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... Більше

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#3: The Arrogant Lady

1.1K 37 4
Від Yel_lue04

"Do I look worthy to stand in the Palace with this dress?", Eleanor twists and turns in front of Charles outside the house. Charles held his chin and shook his head. "This is just wrong", Charles sighed. "Do I look... ugly?", Eleanor was worried. "You're the prettiest!!", Charles said with conviction. 

It's just that your smile is so innocent that I feel like I am just dreaming. I should go with her. There might be noblemen who will be following her around. 

"Your father was worried because you might get harassed at the Palace again. There are some other ladies of the house visiting the Palace now and then", someone entered the scene.

"Oh, Ellie is headed outside. I hope you meet some black cats along the way", the man laughed sarcastically. "Who...", Eleanor saw familiar eyes. "He's my little brother. Remember, his name is Oliver", Charles introduced. "Eh?! Did something happen to our little witch? Did you lose your memories?", Oliver pulled her cheeks. Eleanor tried to push him away but he kept teasing her. Charles slapped the back of Oliver's head. "Go with her. You also have some things to attend to with the Emperor, right?", Charles sighed.

Carriage

Oliver spent his time talking about his expeditions and the women who cried because he was leaving. He boasted about his good looks and that he was more popular than his brother. With his attitude, he's more of a lady's man than Charles. "But father was the one who married and got a child, not you", Eleanor found herself wanting to side more with Charles. 

"Tch. You're really crafty with your mouth. You dressed up differently as well. You always wore your expensive jewelry. Why have you decided to dress down", Oliver commented. 

"Prince Keanne called me. I was worried that I'd be embarrassing him so I decided to wear more vibrant colors. So this is still called as dressing down?!", Eleanor explained and panicked. "What now? Are you trying to get back with the older brother?", Oliver laughed. "What are you talking about?", Eleanor asked. Oliver hummed in amusement.

"Did you forget? You're originally engaged to Prince Keanne but you learned that he's no longer the crown prince so you broke up with him and pushed your way to the younger brother. Unfortunately, the younger prince rejected you...not once but 10 times", Oliver laughed. He was enjoying the mortified look on Eleanor.

This girl has what you call guts!!!

"We're here", Rendell informed.

Palace Grounds

"I don't want to get in anymore", Eleanor is melting in embarrassment. "What are you shy for? You've been here more than you visited your teacher in the library", Oliver dragged her inside.

"I'll be separated from here. If you get past this fountain, Prince Keanne will be in his greenhouse. If none, then search for the whole Palace", Oliver informed and pushed her.

Eleanor gulped and walked towards the fountain. There were so many knights walking around. She can see maids whispering to each other in her peripheral vision.

What kind of person are you? Eleanor.

"Who allowed you to set foot in this place?", Eleanor heard a stern voice. She turned and saw someone with a slight glare towards her. Since he was quite far away, all she could feel is his annoyance towards the lady. "Pardon my intrusion. I was invited by the Prince", Eleanor looked at the ground. 

"You haven't learned your etiquette. Go back to your mansion and learn from your tutor. You're wasting his time", the lad said with a bored tone. He was about to go away. "Sorry. Can you please help me look for Prince Keane?", Eleanor bowed. The blue-haired lad raised his brow seeing the arrogant lady bow that low.

The lad ignored what she said and started to walk away. "Please. I just lost my memories so I don't know my way here. I might end up crossing paths with the crown prince's. Well, we're not really on good terms", Eleanor grabbed his sleeves. The ones who are watching flinched. They thought that Eleanor was flirting with the Prince again. She was rejected 10 times. Is she going to be rejected again?

The lad felt that she wasn't lying so he agreed. "Keep up with my pace", he smirked at the idea that the lady who had been pestering him for years wouldn't want to cross his path. Walking behind the lad, Eleanor felt amazed at how he carried himself. He's got a good poise and the way he talked demanded full attention. 

Greenhouse

The blue-haired lad opened it and Eleanor entered. She was amazed by the variety of plants. Keanne was right, there were more flowers and plants in the Palace.

"Oh, You're here. Lady Ellie", Keane went out from the bushes. He was cutting some herbs. "Your Highness. Greetings to the.. Future of the Ardania Empire", Eleanor stuttered but managed to bow properly. "Not anymore", Keane smiled. Eleanor flinched and remembered what Oliver told him. Keane was removed from the position of being the crowned prince.

Did I just rub salt on his insults?

"Oh, I see. You already met my brother", Keane saw the blue-haired lad behind her. Eleanor was about to faint. "That means....", Eleanor turned around and saw the crowned prince looking down at her. "Don't I deserve to be greeted as well?", Xylan Neil Ardania crossed his arms.

I really wish I never came.

"Greetings...", Eleanor was cut off when Xylan raised his hand. "Even before, you didn't even dare to give respect because of your arrogance", Xylan stormed away.

Royal Garden

"I apologize for what happened a while ago. I didn't know that was the prince", Eleanor said for the nth time. The maid pouring the tea for her was so stiff that Eleanor could see the pot shaking. "Are you sick? You look pale", Eleanor asked. The maid shook her head and finished her task. She grabbed all that was not needed and ran away.

Eleanor was confused about what just happened. Keanne was observing her. "How have you been, Ellie? Is it okay for me to call you that way?", Keanne asked. "That's a great honor, your highness. Being called by nicknames...is just a wonderful thing. By the way, my name is so long. Eleanor Beatrice Silverstone", Eleanor smiled. Keanne was taken back and coughed to regain his composure. During the past months, she only saw Eleanor smirking and grinning sarcastically. There would be times that she would give off those smiles when Xylan would pass by and give her some attention.

"What a fitting name for such a beautiful person as you are. How's the tea?", Keanne asked. "I'm not too fond of tea but this one is so fragrant. I think the maid brewed it perfectly", Eleanor nodded at her statement. "Ellie, I wonder if you could hear what you are saying", Keanne patted her head. Eleanor flushed and looked at Keanne.

After some time, they talked about flowers, plants, and herbs. Eleanor was amazed at how advanced the medieval era was when it came to medicine. Keanne was also surprised that Eleanor would be interested in it as well.

Carriage

"Thank you for visiting, Lady Eleanor. I hope to see you again", Keanne smiled.

Oliver looked at Eleanor and saw how happy she was.

"See you again, Your Highness. I would like to taste your herb next time", Eleanor talked so casually.

They already left.

Oliver was intently staring at Eleanor. "Are you now playing the role of goody-good person?", Oliver sighed.

"Uncle. I don't know what kind of person I was before... Maybe you can remind me?", Eleanor gave an innocent look.

"Sure. Why not? You were a brat who demanded everything you wanted from people. Once you don't get it. You throw up tantrums. I remember that you always shouted at the chef for being an idiot at cooking. Plus, your tutor never stayed for so long because you are such a lazy and dumb student. You were so sharp with your tongue that the maids kept crying whenever they went out of your room. Oh, did you know? One of the dress shops in town closed because you berated their dress saying that not even peasants could wear such ugly fabrics", Oliver said nonstop.

"Wow. Were you looking for an opportunity to ridicule me?", Eleanor sighed in defeat.

"You played with the Prince's feelings and you kept pushing yourself toward Prince Xylan. All you ever wanted was to become the empress. That was so brave of you. You never answered me why you wanted to become one", Oliver shrugged. 

Chapter end. 

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

I'm Tired Від Helena

Фанфіки

56.6K 1.7K 24
I'm tired. I did my best, no one acknowledged me. It seems to be hell wherever I go or do. I died and reincarnated. When can I stop acting? "END MY M...
12.6K 421 19
[ Book 1 ] [Complete] "I only wish.. for a happy ending." When too unfortunate servents of both the Demon King and The Supreme Deity end up dancing...
41.2K 988 8
"The fear in your eyes is palpable. Begging me to stop will only make me go harder." "Please my Lord, don't do this! I'm not ready- I'm scared..." Th...
234K 3.6K 49
this is my first story, so please bear with it all characters and pictures that appear in this story are not owned by me. this will be a harem story