Paradox of Time

By Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... More

#1: Locked Up
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#2: Closet Game

1.8K 44 5
By Yel_lue04

I was locked up in a dream and I couldn't manage to wake up. I tried jumping out of the window but the butlers and maids were all begging since their duke might kill them all.

I tried stabbing myself with a knife but I might feel the pain so I passed. Also, the blade looks so scary. I feel bad stealing from the chef's kitchen. 

I also tried to slap myself a hundred times but Mari was giving me a weird look.

It's already nighttime. Aren't they going to call me for dinner? 

There is nothing much to do here. 

Eleanor roamed around the hallways and saw a lot of photos. It seems to be the family portraits.

Oh, is that this girl? She's pretty warm to look at. That's a good smile she's wearing. 

"Lady Eleanor hated this portrait. She hated looking at it so she avoids walking in this hallway", Mari informed. She felt like Eleanor this time just a rabbit hopping around the place. "I don't find it ugly or what. She's smiling in this portrait and seems to be having fun", Eleanor chuckled. Mari gulped.

"Are you another spirit inside Lady Eleanor?", Mari stepped back. Eleanor gasped and held Mari's hand. "Mari. You figured it out. You are right. I'm stuck in someone else's body. I'm trying to wake up from this dream that's why I was trying to jump out of the window. Maybe you can help me out. They say that being jump-scared will do the trick", Eleanor explained her actions. The old lady cannot even imagine being an accomplice to her suggestions. 

Mari sighed and gently removed Eleanor's hand. "My lady. I will call another doctor tomorrow. Your mind must have been mixed up", Mari bowed politely and started to walk away.

That was stupid of me.

At the same time, Charles went up and saw Eleanor standing in front of the portrait she hated. "Are you hungry? Let's go eat together", Charles reached out his hand. Eleanor hesitantly took it. "Rendell told me that you lost your memory. Don't worry. We'll get to gather them little by little", Charles assured. Eleanor felt warmth through Charles' huge hand. "Rendell?", Eleanor asked. "He's your favorite butler. You said that he's so sensitive and you enjoyed watching him cry", Charles informed.

Grub! This girl is such a sadist.

Dining Hall

They entered the dining hall and Eleanor's eyes widened to see a huge chandelier and a buffet on a large table. They are to sit from a distance.

"Then, how are you feeling now?", Charles asked.

"I'm a little dizzy at times but I can manage. Mari gave me some kind of bitter drink but she said that's for medicine", Eleanor excitedly reported. Charles was just with a poker face. Did she go overboard? Is she allowed to say that?

"Eleanor, what happened to that loud mouth of yours? I can't hear you", Charles tilted his head.

No way. I already tried to make it louder. Does this chick have a megaphone in her throat?

"It's okay. You may sit closer to me", Charles permitted.

Eleanor dug in the food and paused for a while. The chef and the kitchen maids peeked in. They were expecting Eleanor to throw the food out the window. "Amazing!!! The food is so delicious", Eleanor smiled. Charles raised his eyebrow and looked at the people peeking through the door. They were all crying. The lady never said that even once. "Eat well, Ellie", Charles smiled as well.

Eleanor's Room

Charles walked her to the room. "Ah.. Fathe.. Pa... Duk", Eleanor was searching for a better way to address him. "You usually call me Father but I would prefer if you'd call me Dad", Charles patted his head. "Dad. What if my memories won't come back?", Eleanor looked worried. "There's no need to be worried. Even if you won't have them back, you will be able to form new ones", Charles flicked her forehead. He can't believe that he can do it to her now.

The next day,

Everyone is panicking.

"Make sure the bath is warm".

"Look for ribbons!".

"Go fetch some rose water!".

Eleanor woke up from the noise. She massaged her head and opened her eyes. She saw everyone running around like rattled rats. "Lady. You are already awake. The prince is going to visit again. We have to dress you well. Get up and you'll have to prepare. Your actions toward the prince last time were rude", Mari informed calmly. The rest were amazed that she could order her.

"Prince?! Is that the blonde guy from before?", Eleanor remembered not giving her greeting. She might get hung by a guillotine.

"What should I do? Mari?", Eleanor panicked with the rest. Mari pushed her inside the bathtub set up in her room. The maids were about to lose their souls. "You guys can leave us", Mari allowed. The rest of the maid left.

"Mari. I noticed something. Almost all of the maids aren't making eye contact with me", Eleanor opened. Mari scrubbed her back. "My lady, they have their reasons. Ever since you came back to life from falling on that cliff, you seemed like a different person and they weren't used to that", Mari poured scented water on Eleanor. "We'll talk about that more", Mari prepared the towel.

She led Eleanor in front of the huge closer. Eleanor's eyes were all dizzy looking at the hundreds of dresses. "What dress would you like?", Mari asked. Eleanor doesn't like flashy and ornamented dresses. In real life, she's already 22 and her taste changed after some time.

"This is good", Eleanor smiled. It was a white dress with blue linings and a few butterfly embroiderers on the side. "Are you sure? You wanted to throw this one before", Mari hummed. "Why would someone throw such a pretty dress like this?", Eleanor pouted.

Mansion Garden

Eleanor looked behind and saw Mari kindly cheering on her. 

"Lady Ellie, you look beautiful as usual", Keanne, the firstborn of the Emperor complimented. For a generous amount of time, the lady was awed by the Prince's aura and how he carried it with such elegance. Eleanor knelt and bowed. She wasn't sure if she did it correctly. Was it the same culture?

The Prince grabbed her arms and pulled her up. "You're going to ruin your dress, Lady Ellie", Keanne said worriedly. Thankfully they were on grass so the dress was fine. "I apologize for not greeting you before your highness. I will make sure to recognize you next time", Eleanor bowed her head avoiding eye contact. Keanne was shocked by the sudden change of behavior so offered his hand. "Shall we take a walk?", Keanne asked. Eleanor surprisingly took it, something that the prince was anticipating to be rejected after the incident. The prince looked at his hands locked with the lady. 

Wah~ just as when I first saw him. He's got that princely atmosphere being thrown here and there. 

"The doctor told me that you lost some of your memories. Normally, you would have clung unto my arms but that suddenly changed...", Keanne paused and caught himself. "Hmmm?", Eleanor tilted her head. There was something different in her. Her eyes weren't as sharp as before.

Eleanor saw the hundreds of daisies and irises in the garden. She gasped and covered her mouth. "It's so pretty", Eleanor's eyes brightened. "The Palace has more flowers of different kinds. Would you like to visit the Palace with me?", Keanne asked. 

Chapter end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1.6K 47
"𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴... 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴.... 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦...
61.3K 1.9K 53
"Monsters aren't born. They are created. Not from the imagination of someone's deepest fears, but from tangible negative energy. Darkness formed fro...
495K 8.4K 84
Requests are always open. Message me the details. Oh and if you get any of the references(welcome sinners) 😉
44.9K 4.3K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me 😉 *There wi...