Possessive Kisses ✓

By dinafierce

Daniel Morales. Golden boy, millionaire heir. He's kind, sweet and carrying his own fair share of secrets. Ki... More

foreword
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
epilogue

chapter sixteen

1.7K 74 48
By dinafierce

Chapter Sixteen

My ice cream date with Daniel had been divine. Not only had we gotten a chance to talk and know each other on a much more personal level. He'd told me he was and I quote, obsessed with me.

I wanted to scream at that moment. The urge to run around the restaurant with my hands above my head, wailing, was strong but I got a hold on myself.

This further solidifies and possibly proves that Daniel likes me, the same way I like him.

During the date we'd talked about our interests and hobbies. Daniel was a fan of the MCU, just like I was. He loved Spider-Man and Loki. I loved Bucky Barnes and Natasha Romanoff.

His favorite color was orange and I'd told him I couldn't really choose a color but I liked pastels. He liked to play basketball and videogames. I liked to spend my time watching Netflix, makeup tutorials and cooking shows.

We'd had a major blast!

I fiddled with Daniel's gold bracelet on my wrist as I watched the dancing students occupying the road, colors upon colors of clothing decorating their bodies as they moved to the music from the trucks following close behind them.

Today was Viana's City University students carnival and as usual I was attending. How could I not when Aurora was one of the dancers in her own crew.

It was hard trying to actually watch these people when Daniel was just standing a few steps away looking as gorgeous as ever. Next to him stood a chattering Jennifer and Lucas. They were watching the students who'd stopped to do their dance routine to the appreciative eyes of the audience.

The whole school was packed. It was days like this that one got to know how massive the school population really was. Of course, everyone was allowed to watch the carnival as well, not just students.

As I stood there just watching I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Lucas standing next to me, his blonde hair in a quiff, his green eyes sparkling.

"Why are you standing here and not with us?" Lucas asked, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Um, nothing." I said, swaying slightly. Actually something. I wanted to go talk to Daniel but as usual I was tongue tied. So I just decided to stand here until he noticed I wasn't next to him and initiated a conversation. But I doubt that will happen when the ever chattering Jennifer was next to him, laughing too much.

"You know I never told you thank you." Lucas said, smiling down at me.

"For what?"

"For helping Daniel come out of his shell." Lucas said, he reached up and pushed my hair from my face before dropping his hand. "I never thought I'd hear his voice again."

"I didn't really do anything. He made the decision to speak." I said.

"But that only happened when you came into his life." Lucas smiled.

"Well..." I trailed off. Maybe and maybe not. But in the end it had been his decision. He'd had an epiphany moment after the accident and that had spurred it. I couldn't take credit for that. It was all Daniel.

"It's been so hard for all of us. Especially his parents ever since..." He paused. "Well, ever since the incident."

"What happened to him?" I asked curiously.

"A lot." Lucas breathed in heavily. "But I don't think it's my place to tell you. It's Daniel's secret."

"I understand." I agreed. He was right. Daniel was the only one who should tell the tale and only when he wanted to. I'd almost forgotten that. Damn my curiosity.

"Yeah."

"I hope he's really doing okay. It must not have been easy for him." I said sadly.

I tried to remember what could've happened that school year but couldn't come up with anything. It's like it just happened. One minute, he was speaking, jovial, happy. The next he was closed off, not talking. He still tried to be jovial but I could still see that sad look in his eyes every time he smiled.

A boy greeted Lucas from afar and Lucas excused himself to go meet said boy who was probably a friend of his.

I took a deep breath and walked towards Daniel. I was only two steps away from him when someone grabbed my butt.

I froze and turned around with surprise and annoyance drifting through me. The face of the person who thought he could touch me when he wanted to belonged to Henry, that blonde stupid boy who couldn't take a hint.

I shoved him roughly but he only smiled. "What the hell do you think you're doing Henry!" I seethed, feeling the urge to slap his face.

"Oh don't act like you don't like when I touch you." Henry said, running a hand through his messy blonde hair.

"I'm not acting, I seriously don't like it. So stop." I folded my arms across my chest. He smirked and tried to grab me again but I stepped out of his reach.

"Now, now Kim. I know there's lots of people around but don't be shy." Henry said, a cunning smile on his face. I was disgusted. He made another move.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed.

This caught the attention of everyone within a 100 mile radius. Daniel and Jennifer turned to me worriedly.

Daniel's face contorted with anger as he stepped forward, leveling Henry with a dark look.

"I wasn't doing anything. Don't know why she's screaming." Henry said, rolling his eyes.

"Really." Daniel supplied dryly.

Henry reared back in surprise then sneered. "Look who's talking now."

"Shut the hell up Henry!" I snapped. His cold eyes traveled towards me with contempt.

"It's okay, love. I choose to ignore insipid comments from insipid people." Daniel said, wrapping his pinkie finger around mine with a smile. I beamed.

Henry's eyes glued themselves to our hands and he frowned.

"You weren't doing anything then why did she yell?" Daniel asked, casting a look of irritation at Henry.

"I don't have to explain shit to you."

"Ah yes, because grabbing a girl's budy nappropriately in public is definitely nothing." Lucas reappeared, giving Henry a look of disdain.

"He what?" Daniel said, brown eyes darkening with anger.

"She didn't complain." Henry said. "And it's none of your business so fuck off."

"Kimberly is my business." Daniel supplied, his voice cold. A warning in his eyes when he said. "Don't touch her next time."

"Kim, are you okay? Do I need to smack him with my shoe? You know I'd do it." Jennifer said fiercely.

I would love to see that.

Why can't Henry just dissolve into slime and leave me and my future husband alone?

"Aren't you supposed to be dumb bro?" Henry sneered at Daniel.

"I find it sad how badly you crave my attention. And I don't even know your name." Daniel said, tilting his head slightly.

"It's Henry."

"I don't care."

Henry and Daniel looked at each other heatedly.

Lucas turned to Henry, getting between him and Daniel "Okay, back off. Your presence is no longer welcome."

The smile on Daniel's face irked Henry. "You fucker, you think you can speak to me anyhow you wish. I don't take orders from you. And why the fuck will you care about Kim? She's not with you." Henry snarled.

"Isn't she?" Daniel said, raising a challenging brow. My heart stuttered.

Honestly, what was wrong with Henry? Yes, Aurora may have told me he had a thing for me but I'd made it perfectly clear that I wasn't interested in him like that. I hated it when he did stuff like this. Sometimes I wondered if he was mentally impaired.

"Touch her again and I promise that hand of yours will get broken." Daniel said.

"I'm so scared." Henry said, stepping closer to Daniel. Lucas went in between them again. Daniel smirked.

"I'll have Lucas do it, just because I know he'll enjoy it. And, touching you is not something I care to do." Daniel said, then he turned to me, placing a hand on the small of my back. I bounced on my toes as I smiled up at him.

"Let's go watch the carnival, shall we?" Daniel offered.

"We shall." I replied, looping my hand around his arm.

Henry looked like he'd been slapped in the face. He took a step forward, his eyes darkening.

"Kim, you wouldn't dare date this guy. " Henry said, his voice tight as he looked down at me. My eyes widened and I inched closer to Daniel.

"And who are you to tell her who to date and not?" Lucas inquired.

"She knows she can't dare me. Here's how it goes boys, Kim's with me." Henry smiled.

"Not even in your dreams." I retorted.

"Do you want me to get you a tissue after that blatant rejection?" Lucas asked.

"You'll regret this Kim. I swear it." Henry said coldly.

"Mind your words." Daniel said, his brows furrowed.

But Henry didn't reply. He gave me one long cold look before walking off. My skin crawled with dread.

"How do you know that guy?" Lucas asked, repulsed. "Such a delusional asshole."

At this point, I wished I could un-know him.

We made it to the school's stadium. Which is like this big field with huge erected sitting areas almost similar to that of a regular stadium but a little more like bleachers, only higher.

I sat next to Daniel, Lucas and Jennifer at his right. To my left was some girl and her friends who were busy taking selfies. It was almost 6pm and was getting dark but the lights of the stadium would come on before then.

This was where the final dance and activities would take place and the judges would finally choose a winner from the bands.

As I sat there my mind wandered to Henry who I hadn't seen after what happened, thank God.

Honestly, Henry gave me the creeps. I once heard Jennifer say his last girlfriend got her rib broken by him but Henry had denied it, saying she slipped. That he didn't touch her. I find it hard to swallow his words.

I unlocked my phone and decided to text Daniel who was seated next to me. Texting him was not exactly better but I had more confidence that way.

Beep beep.

Beep.

So, I'm sure you don't know this but my birthday's on Friday.

Really? How old is my little Sapphire gonna be?

20. Also not little.

Lol happy birthday in advance Sapphire, are you throwing a party? I could help.

Not really but I'll be traveling home to my parents during that time.

What should I get you?

Anything.

Really?

Yep. I'll accept anything.

Alright then.

You know you still haven't shown me some of your art.

Oh, that's right. I have most of them up on my Instagram. I'll share you the link.

I sent him the link and watched with bated breath as Daniel clicked on it and began going through my art, a small smile on his face.

You're very talented Sapphire.

Thanks. I try.

Don't be modest. You're amazing.

I smiled, my cheeks heating up. My art style was bright and cartoon-ish, almost like anime. I liked to play around with vibrant colours and palettes.

"Kim, look! Aurora's dance crew is on now." Jennifer said excitedly. I stopped texting Daniel and he smiled over at me.

As they began to dance Jennifer was shouting some words of support that I'm sure Aurora couldn't hear but oh well.

"Kim, is that you?" Someone said and I looked behind me to see a boy smiling down at me. Daniel also turned to see who called me.

"Hey, it's you. I didn't know you schooled here." I said to the boy who I knew because he frequently stopped by at the cafe to have pancakes.

"I don't. I'm just here to, you know, watch." The boy said, smiling, dimples appearing on his cheeks. His brown hair was tousled. He was actually good looking. I wanted to get Jennifer's attention because she sorta thought this guy was cute when he came to eat.

"That's okay. You know, you've never mentioned your name." I smiled.

"Harvey Zafir." He supplied.

"I'm Kim. That's Jennifer." I said, pointing to Jennifer. "Hey, Jenny look who's here huh? It's Harvey."

Jennifer turned her head and her brown eyes widened.

"Hey Harvey. Nice to see you." And she turned back to her phone without waiting for a reply. Eh, maybe she didn't like him as much as I thought.

Harvey didn't spare her a glance which annoyed me because I just tried to play matchmaker. He was still looking at me, in a strange manner. Was there cranberry sauce on my face?

"You know Kim I was wondering when you'd be free to, you know, hang out and stuff." Harvey said, as loud as he could over the blaring music.

Hang out? As in a date? No, he couldn't possibly mean that.

Daniel cleared his throat. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?"

"Ah yes." I shivered when I felt Daniel's hand on my knee. It felt like I was being burned by his fingers. Harvey's eyes traveled down towards where Daniel was touching me and he frowned.

"Um, Harvey, this is Daniel Morales. Daniel, that's Harvey." I said, brushing my hair from my face.

"Nice to meet you Harvey." Daniel said, tone bland, eyes roving over Harvey's features, ignoring his outstretched hand which he quickly retracted.

"Yeah me too." Harvey said. "So about what I said..."

"She already has plans." Daniel smiled and then his voice dropped when he said. "With me."

"Oh, does she now?" Harvey smirked. "Your boyfriend Kim?"

"Um..." I scratched my head, my eyes darting to Daniel.

"I'm guessing he's not." Harvey said.

"Wrong guess." Daniel replied, eyes boring into Harvey's, a silent challenge in them.

Harvey swallowed, eyes darting to me. I avoided his eyes.

"Kimberly, you need to watch Aurora!" Jennifer yelled at me excitedly.

"Enjoy the show Kim." Harvey finally said, dismissing the awkward situation.

"Ah, you too." I reached up and patted his knee before turning forward to look down at the dancing students. Aurora's routine was already over.

"Who is he?" Daniel asked, his tone nonchalant.

"Uh, weren't you listening?" I asked playfully.

"Let me rephrase, how do you know him?" Daniel looked over at me. I avoided his eyes, staring at his chest instead.

"He frequents the cafe. I think he likes our peanut butter pancakes." I laughed.

"Does he come there often?" Daniel frowned.

"Yup."

"You sure it's only the pancakes he likes?" Daniel's upper lip quirked up in a teasing smile.

"Are you suggesting he likes me?"

"Well, he just asked you out."

"He didn't specify if it was a date or anything." I shrugged.

"He isn't short sighted, is he?" Daniel asked monotonously.

"I don't think so."

"I just thought he needed glasses. He was looking at you way too much. Like he couldn't see anything else. That's worrisome." Daniel said, a hint of distaste in his smooth, tranquil voice.

"Hmm, suddenly the air reeks of jealousy." I said, sniffing.

"Don't flatter yourself Kimberly." Daniel said, a small smile curving his full lips.

I laughed, trapped by Daniel's intense gaze. He looked pleased.

"Your laugh, it's beautiful." Daniel confessed.

Speechless, that's it. My throat clogged up, I smiled nervously. How was I, a mere soul supposed to react to this magnetic force of a guy.?

His eyes locked on my lips and a chill ran down my spine. Was he going to finally kiss me? I felt like I was on the edge of a cliff and would fall off any second.

I twiddled my fingers as CILS rocketed through my whole body.. I would never get used to the feeling I got when I was at close proximity to Daniel.

Daniel was inching closer to me, his gaze determined, his lips almost on mine when someone kicked my chair from behind.

"Oops. Sorry you guys. I did not do that on purpose." Harvey chirped. "Totally not on purpose."

• • •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 12.7K 73
𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 with soft and mature themes. College senior Sierra adores her best friend Brian, but he inadvertentl...
3.5M 107K 65
❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to him with every word, maybe a little too c...
36.2K 429 12
Kate Penate just found out her crush is dating her best friend and for some reason she just can't get over him. In order to save her friendship and h...
55.4K 2.1K 55
Allie doesn't expect one semester in California to change her life. At least not until the day she runs into Jack Wyler - a mysterious guy who bears...