Call Me Zero [Completed]

Von laurenskii-

"What are you doing?" -Seventh "Eating a bowl of soul."-Zero ".........Well then." -Seventh "I meant SOUP. A... Mehr

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15: He's such a gentleman
16: I saw that coming, honestly.
17: What happened to you?
18: But wouldn't that be breaking the rules?
19: What's so special about it?
20: You are no fun.
21: He's my friend.
22
23: I told you I'd figure out who you are.
24: Why is it you?
25: You just called me hair gel.
26: Until our luck runs out.
27: Long story, I'll explain tomorrow.
28: Will there be food?
29: Consider it done.
30: I'm not a princess.
31: It took you long enough.
32: -But, Angel?
33: It's a total lie!
34: An Ice Cream Truck
35: Dating who now?
36: Do Well
36.5
37: What did I ever do to you?!
38: Did you guys hear?
39: I don't want to guess.
40: You ready to lose?
41: It does bother you.
42: No, I'm not!
43: No. It's not!
"Do you wanna die?!?" [First drafts and Others]

3 Year Anniversary: "You're Late"

1.8K 82 19
Von laurenskii-

I first published this book on February 11 of 2017. I am aware that today isn't February 11 but I needed a reason to come back from the dead in order to deliver to you this short chapter I wrote. So, I ask you to pretend with me that today is February 11 and we are celebrating Call Me Zero's 3 year anniversary so I'll have the chance to publish this one part. I know that I did attempt to write a sequel, but I never got myself to be in the same place again back when I was first writing this book. So rather than give you something half-hearted, I decided to temporarily not continue it until I can publish something I am proud of.

Anyway, here's a never before seen scene that I would've published if I wanted to make the book longer and have it lasted until they graduated high school and in to their last summer break before college.

Haha. Seen scene.

Enjoy.

•••

[Setting: Summer. Camping Trip with the group. Phillip and Angel still are not together.]

We all met up at school.

It was Maven who picked me, Eve, and Jay up from my house. I hadn't seen Maven since graduation, maybe a month or so ago. Everyone's been busy preparing for college, and this camping trip might be our last chance to hang out together before we all headed off to our own different paths.

Marge's family rented a camp site every year. She said the grounds were huge and the forest was quiet and there was a lake we could swim in. Her family skipped going this year, so she invited us to go with her instead.

When Maven pulled up and got out of his car, I excitedly ran to him to give him a hug. "Mr. President!"

"Hey," he smiled and hugged me back.

We all then started putting our things in his trunk--tents, sleeping bags, all that--and some overflowed into the passenger seats. My mom invited Maven to have some breakfast inside first. We all managed to convince her that we'd end up late if we didn't go now. My mom then asked for Maven's number, then Maven's parents number, then Marge's parents' number. Only then were we all able to finally go.

By the time we got in the school's parking lot, Phillip and Marge were already waiting for us.

"You're late," said Marge with a smile on her face. I gave her a hug too. Phillip was leaning on the hood of his car with his arms crossed. I hadn't seen him too since graduation. He'd been in a swimming camp for a month. He said if he wanted to keep his swimming scholarship that got him in the university he always dreamed of going in, he needed to keep getting better. I didn't get to talk to him at all. Even when he got back, he didn't send me a message. For a month, I've had to wonder how he was doing.

I was studying him now. He'd changed. He'd. . .matured. His hair was longer instead of the neat, proper, school boy cut he's sported for years. He was taller too, or maybe that was only my imagination. After everyone gave their greetings to each other, I thought that Phillip would approach me. But aside from the heys, that was it.

"Ross said he'll just drive up there after lunch," Marge told us. "I've sent you both the directions?" she asked, and both Phillip and Maven nodded.

"We should go," said Phillip, "Marge is moving to Maven's car, so Jay wanna come with me?" Phillip started heading to his car.

"Yes, sir," said Jay as he followed him.

I was kind of hurt that Phillip didn't invite me instead. "Hey! Drive safe!" I called out to him, to which I only received a thumbs up in return. We all got in Maven's car then, and started for the campsite. I didn't make a huge deal of the awkwardness between Phillip and I that morning.

But it didn't get better. Throughout the trip, we made a two stops. One was a quick bathroom break, just to give our legs a quick stretch. The other was for lunch in Subway where Ross finally caught up with us. In neither of those two stops did Phillip attempt to have some kind of conversation with me. Did I know why? No. Phillip was as mysterious and annoying as he had always been. Did I care? No. I've got other friends I could keep myself busy with. Did I try to talk to him? No.

We finally got to the camp site and began unloading and setting up our tents.

---

I saw Phillip lying down on the open field. Ross, Jay, and Eve went for a swim on the lake, Marge and Maven were by the grill making everyone dinner. Marge was going to swim as well, but no one trusted Maven enough to leave him alone with making our food. Phillip, surprisingly, decided to stay dry. I thought he'd be the first one in the water, but instead, he'd been on the grass since we finished setting up the tents.

The sun had set enough for it to look like light and darkness were fighting for dominance. Half of the sky was orange, and the other an ombre of blue to purple. I walked towards Phillip and laid down next to him. I finally decided that if he was only going to put this much effort in our friendship, then I'd show him what real effort looked like.

He was staring up at the sky. I rarely saw him as peaceful as he was at that moment. He didn't react to my arrival.

I stared up at the sky as well.

"You know," I started, feeling the blades of the grass against my skin, sharp, and cold. "Our world is really lonely."

"Why would you say so?" Phillip asked.

"Just cause. . .there so much out there. There must be. You know, like Star Wars. The planets communicate with each other, know of each other. And yet nothing seems to be going on for Earth. They must be leaving us out."

He didn't say anything for awhile. Then, Phillip turned so he was facing me. At first, I thought that he was going to tell me something, maybe something smart. It was Phillip, after all. Or maybe he'd make fun of my theory about Earth's loneliness. It was Phillip, after all.

So I turned towards him as well. But, he stayed silent and just looked at me. I wondered whether he hated me again, like how I thought he did with all those one worded replies. You made me feel really lonely today, Phillip Emmett, I wanted to tell him.

His eyes held mine for the longest time. Phillip's gaze reminded me of the time he told me it's you that I like all those months ago.

My breath hitched. I hadn't realize how close our faces had been. I pulled off grass from the ground and threw it at his face. "Let's go help out with dinner. Don't want Maven burning anything." I hurriedly got up, not waiting for a response.

"Ange," Phillip finally called. I didn't want to look back. But, I stopped and turned around anyway.

He began to jog towards me and, to my shock, enveloped me immediately in a hug, which was the total opposite of how he'd been acting towards me the whole day today. I could feel his heart beating, his chest pressed against my cheek. I could hear his breathing. I could feel his hands, one around me and the other lightly on the back of my head. I froze and didn't return his hug. I knew that once I did, I might not want to let go.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I've missed you."

"It's only been a few weeks since school ended. And you're the one who's been ignoring me."

"And I missed you," he said. He still didn't let me go. "A month. I didn't see you for a month. I though that maybe, finally, I've moved on. And I know I have to. We're going to be in different colleges and I'd have to be without you for longer than a single month. But, when I saw you today, I knew that I haven't really let you go.

"I'm sorry," Phillip continued, "if I acted cold. I just. . .I. . .couldn't. I couldn't, Ange. I can't let you go." He dropped his forehead on my shoulder.

My hand slowly went up to hold the back of his head. "You've grown up, Phillip," I told him. I'd been amazed at how much he changed throughout this whole month. I repeatedly ran my hand to smoothen down the hair at the back of his head. Then, wrapping my arms around him, I said, "You have me." I didn't think I could let you go too.

"I have you," Phillip repeated slowly.

I hugged him tighter. It was the only assurance I could give him.

"Always," I promised.

---

That's it.

Maybe one day, I'll write something up and post another one again. I don't know.

I do wonder whether my writing has changed.

Also praying for everyone's protection against the coronavirus. Stay safe everyone!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.1K 114 27
COMPLETED!!!! This is a story about a girl named Iris who just goes through some things that make her think her awesome catchphrase and her life "Jus...
386K 16.5K 28
Have you ever gotten the feeling that you're just watching someone's life go by? Hold on... let me explain. For example, for the past couple of year...
460 39 9
Here are short stories (really short ones) that I wrote years back. I won't say when I was younger, because it was only three/two years back. However...
859K 18.4K 50
||Highest Rank: #11 in Humor|| She is innocent, bubbly, kind and sweet. She always helps others even if it be a bloody murderer. She always do things...