Manon's Child

Por AmayhaR

After the war, everything has changed for Manon. All of her friends are dead and grief is eating her up insid... Más

Intro
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22 - IF YOU KNOW ME DONT READ THIS
Part 23
Part 24
Part 26
Part 27 - IF YOU KNOW ME DONT READ THIS
Part 28 - IF YOU KNOW ME DONT READ THIS
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
THIS IS NOT A PART
ALSO NOT A PART
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Not an update sorry :,(
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Bye
The Wedding

Part 25

1.5K 37 4
Por AmayhaR

I don't know why I start crying, just that I do, stupidly loud sobs. Beside me, Elide jerks back in alarm. I haven't sobbed like this since the Thirteen died. Why...?

"Manon," Elide exclaims, worry in her eyes. "What's the matter?"

I don't reply, unable to form words around the sobs racking my body. I don't know why I'm crying, but now I am, I can't stop. Elide, instead of prying for answers, wraps her arms around me in a hug. For once, I don't shove them off. I try to suppress my shuddering sobs, but I can't, too many pregnancy hormones coursing through my body, so we just sit there, Elide hugging my as I cry.

Eventually, my sobs begin to die down, and I wipe my eyes with my hands. I sit up straighter, resisting the urge to shake, and Elide takes her arms away from around me. My face tingles unpleasantly. 

Elide leans back against the plush cushions on the sofa. I can't stay seated, my body wanting to move, and I stand and pace around the lavishly furnished room. I stop by the same vase as earlier, once again entranced by the elaborate patterns on it.

"Dorian," I say softly, answering Elide's question from earlier. "Dorian does know that I'm pregnant. But -" I cut myself off, the mention of that catastrophic meeting threatening to make me cry again. I take a deep breath, Elide listening patiently. "But I didn't tell him in the... friendliest way."

Elide doesn't say anything as I pause, and an intense silence follows my words. She's waiting for me to continue. I say, "I kind of... yelled in his face and then flew off without waiting for him to react at all. I think... he hates me now, Elide. I ruined -"

I stop, taking a breath, not able to voice the words that I think are true. I think we're over, me and Dorian. I think I ruined everything. And if I have... with the baby...

It'll be my fault.

Elide stands and walks over to me. "Manon," she says, a delicate hand on my shoulder. I turn to face her, and see her eyes are full of worry. "You didn't ruin anything."

"You weren't there. You didn't see it." I rub at my face, tiredness pressing down me. "I - I don't know, Elide. Maybe you're right. Damn this pregnancy!"

Elide smiles softly at me. "Look, Manon, you look exhausted. Why don't you go get some sleep or something and I'll find you tomorrow. Let me just get Lucinda to make up a room for you."

Elide steps into the hallway, calling for some servant and asking for a room to be made up for me. I'm almost numb with tiredness, and getting that stuff with Dorian off my chest, just talking about it... I think it's helped. Maybe.

Elide turns back to me, still standing in the centre of the room. "Do you want something to eat, Manon?"

"No," I say. A thought hits me. "Where's - will Abraxos be alright?"

"Yes, I'll make sure Finlo makes room in the stables for him." She turns back to the servant she was talking to.

Suddenly, I realise something. "Elide," I say, and she turns to me. "Do you know all your servants names?"

Elide frowns. "Of course I do. They're still people, Manon, even if they serve me."

"I know." I pause, considering. "I don't think I've ever met another person, ever, who has bothered to learn all of their servants names."

Elide stares me down, as if I'm insulting her. "Well then, I'm proud to be the first."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

38.6K 405 53
Just a bunch of Throne of Glass One Shots Sorted by Ship Rated mature for explicit language. (I try to control them but they can't keep their tongue...
85.8K 3K 38
Feyre Archeron, High Lady of the Night Court, is one step away from a secret. Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen, is one step away from the truth...
384K 10.2K 54
(#790 in fanfiction 2017-04-30) **I am including a spoiler warning for Empire of Storms and A Court of Mist and Fury. Both now have canon follow-ups...
27.5K 846 54
6 years after regaining her throne, Aelin is bored. But that doesn't mean she's prepared when her 3 children are kidnapped by a portal in the middle...