Perfect Man | Taehyung [disco...

By sincerelytae

❝You make me wanna be a better man, darling.❞ The spark takes place when a girl is dragged to a birthday part... More

PREFACE
✦ ──── 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭
.·♡༄ 𝐜. 𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜
01 | fancy
02 | hypnotic
03 | strangers
04 | bizzare
05 | levitate
06 | stigma
07 | hope
08 | motive
09 | lovely
10 | singularity
11 | his
12 | dandelion
13 | heartbeat
15 | lucky
16 | danger
17 | fragile
18 | crush
19 | fairytale
20 | liar
21 | redemption
22 | honey
23 | jealous
24 | attention
25 | dilemma
26 | classic
27 | haywire
28 | dystopia
29 | filth
30 | irresistable
31 | comfort
32 | hook
33 | unsaid
34 | traitor
35 | cruel
36 | reset
37 | aftermath
38 | inevitable
39 | unspoken
40 | limerence
41 | serendipity
42 | intrusion
43 | fantasy
44 | lost
45 | love-struck
46 | history
47 | pain
48 | tragedy
49 | bittersweet
50 | strawberries

14 | position

734 63 19
By sincerelytae

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 14
POSITION
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"GOOD MORNING, MR. KIM," The woman at the receptionist table greets Taehyung politely with a smile on her features.

"Good morning," he answer rather in a more sternly manner.

I trail behind him to the lift as he presses on the highest floor of the building before the metallic door is fully ajar.

When he walks out of the lift, everyone in the area immediately straighten up and greet him. 

"As all of you have been aware, two new recruits will be joining us starting from today," he starts, and I notice a familiar looking man standing beside him.

Reading the atmosphere, I muster a courage to introduce myself.

"Hello, I'm Mia Lee, one of the new recruits for engineers. Please take care of me," I announce nervously. Every pair of eyes subtly trying to examine my appearance, making me grow anxious but then they cheer lightly.

"I'm Jung Jaehyun under architectural design. Please, take care of me," A male voice suddenly continues before all of them nod and clap for him.

"I don't want any of you bully or make them do something they shouldn't. If you do, you'll terminally be fired for breaking the rules of professional circumstances," Taehyung exclaims in a fierce tone. I was kind of intimidated by how repelling and scary he sounded. Should I be scared of him?

"Yes, sir!"

Taehyung nods his head before he saunters his way to his office. "Both of you, come with me,"

We follow him into the office, where he retrieves something out of his drawer and hands us a black file.

"You two are going to work together for this mini proposal to prepare a presentation. I need both of you under my supervision so your position seats are right outside my office. Is that clear?" he strictly growls, glaring at us.

I blink my eyes, baffled at his sudden request. It is too soon.

"Consider it done, sir," The guy, Jaehyun answers him enthusiastically.

"How about you, ma'am?" he says, staring at my direction.

"We'll prepare it as soon as possible, Mr. Kim,"

He smiles proudly as he nods. "Good, that's what I like to hear. Now, go on and prepare your presentation. I need it by the evening,"

Both of us nod and walk out of the room. In front of his office, there are a few desks sitting with things scattering on the tables.

"Uh, so how do you want the presentation to be?" Jaehyun asks straightforwardly after he takes the desk opposite of mine.

I gather a few things that I bring onto the desk before looking up at him. "You should read it through first,"

"Okay, um, anyway, I'm Jaehyun," he stands up and puts out his hand to shake with mine.

I lift an eyebrow in surprise. "Hello, Jaehyun. I'm pretty sure you know my name but it's Mia,"

He grins, and I notice his ears turn red. "You have a pretty name,"

"Oh, thank you. You do too, actually. It's very unique,"

He chuckles lightly. "I hope we could work well together for this project,"

"Yeah, I hope so,"

•••

The clock strikes two in the evening but Jaehyun and I haven't had any lunch yet. We are still busy arranging parts and certain implications on how to write about the speech.

Within the preparation, I took a short minute break. I heard there was a coffee maker somewhere, but I didn't know where.

"The coffee room is down on the left," Jaehyun says as if he reads my mind.

"Wow, thank you,"

Walking down the hallway, I found a counter with a coffee maker displaced on the table. There are a few people waiting in lines but it seems like they don't notice my presence.

"Do you think that new ugly recruit is Mr. Kim's wife?" A woman scoffs while holding her mug. "Ugh, I just can't believe he's married!"

"I know! I was shocked after hearing it on the news. Speaking of that woman, I think she might be since they went up together. Mr. Kim doesn't let anyone else walking with him except Mr. Park and his secretary," Another woman behind her retorts curiously.

I grit my teeth in anger as I feel violated over their gossip. I clear my throat, sending them to turn around as they are shock to see me.

"Excuse me, are you guys done? There's still people here waiting," I speak up, glaring hard at them.

They look intimidated and moved out of the way. I roll my eyes and reach over to grab a mug before pressing the button for the coffee to pour.

"What a rude bitch. Didn't you see how she talks?" A familiar female voice mutters quietly but I could still hear it.

I sigh, shaking my head. "Isn't there anything better to do rather than gossiping about your boss?"

"Hey, let's just get out of here. It's a waste of time talking to rude people like her," The another female voice groans as their heels shutter on the ground.

It is only my first day but I feel terrible for getting such comment.

"Mia.. Mia, right?" Another voice calls, causing me to whip around. There stands a woman around mid-30s, staring at me with a genuine smile.

"Hello, sunbae," I beam at her.

"Ah, don't call me sunbae, just call me eonnie. I figured I'm older than you because you look young. My name is Jiyeon,"

I grin. "Hello, Jiyeon eonnie. Nice to meet you,"

"Nice to meet you too. Anyway, don't bother about what the two women said. They're always that nosy about people's business," she assures kindly.

"No, it's fine. I'm immune to it,"

"Good, good. So how was your first day? Was it okay?"

Our conversation soon turns into a couple of minutes before we decide to get back to our works. It feels great to finally have new friends in a different atmosphere.

•••

The presentation about the mini proposal goes on for about an hour and a half in a meeting room with only the three of us. Jaehyun and I take turns to present before it comes to an end.

"Very good. You guys really did a good job. The way you speak, interpret, explain, everything is okay but the slide is the problem. Bring out more details and informations for them to see so that they know what you're talking about," Taehyung comments.

"Thank you, sir," Jaehyun and I utter in unison.

"Good. Actually today, I was just trying to see how good both of you are in presenting and you impressed me. Keep up your great energy," Taehyung says again.

We nod our heads and slide out of the meeting room. Before I could step out, a hand grasp around my wrist, pulling me back into the room.

"Hey, are you okay?" His sweet, honey voice suddenly asks, causing my heart to melt.

"Yes, of course. Why?"

He frowns. "I'm sorry for giving you a hard time on your first day,"

"No, it's alright. Why are you apologising?" I chuckle at his adorable pout. "It's your job as a CEO, you need to see how eligible your workers are,"

"I know, but I feel sorry." he sighs. "Let's go home, I'm tired," he proposes, taking my hand but I stop him.

"Wait, people will see us holding hands." I mumble.

"Oh, wait, I don't care. They know I'm married and besides, it's already past work time so I can do whatever I want," he says, pulling my hand with him.

To my surprise, there are few people left but they don't seem shock or mind. Jaehyun has already gone, seeing his table is arranged neatly without any dust.

"Meet me at ground floor," he whispers, letting go of my hand before we head home afterwards.

•••

"Can I cuddle with you?" Taehyung requests nervously as his forehead scrunching. It is late at night but both of us are in the living room watching Running Man.

I laugh at him. "Aish, you're so clingy. Come here,"

He grins and scoots closer to my body. Without any warning, he engulfs me into his arms. I inhale his scent as butterflies swirling in my stomach.

In between the show, I could sense his body becoming tense when his arm around me tightened.

"Are you alright?" I look up at him, checking if he is okay.

He blinks softly, glancing down. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just wondering for a moment,"

"Oh?" I peer curiously. "What is it that you wonder about?"

"Nothing, you wouldn't want to know,"

I glare at him. "Tell me,"

"Fine, this is random but this has been going on inside my head ever since.. ah- I really don't want to say. It's so embarrassing," he shakes his head as his cheeks blushing red.

"Seriously, just tell me,"

"Okay, okay.. uh, I wanted to know if I was your first kiss?" he shuts his eyes close, biting his bottom lip harshly.

My heart pumps with adrenaline as my body grows nervous.

"Oh, um.. yeah, you were my first kiss," I admit bashfully.

A quiet gasp escapes his lips. "Really?"

"Yeah.. I know, it's embarrassing. Can we not talk about this?" I shyly mutter, adverting my eyes away from him.

"Wow, it's just.. hard to believe that I was your first kiss but it was kinda obvious, though," he chuckles teasingly.

"Okay, stop that. How about you? Who's your first kiss?" The question just slips right out from my mouth although it doesn't really perks up my interest in knowing.

"Ah.. tricky question. I won't answer that,"

I frown slightly. "Oh, come on. I answered yours,"

"Fine, but promise me, you won't laugh," he warns and I nod. "Um.. my first kiss was— okay, but please, don't laugh okay. So.. my first kiss was Hoseok hyung,"

My eyes bugged out in shock, pursing my lips tight in a thin line. "Oh my god, you're joking,"

"I'm not,"

"How? What? Why? Are you gay, Kim Taehyung?"

"No! No! I'm not, it was because of a stupid, old game we used to play when we were younger. I was dared to although I didn't want to do it. I promise you it was only a quick peck,"

I chortle loudly, adorning his adorable red cheeks that starts to turn even redder.

"Yeah, laugh all you want. Let me remind you that your first kiss is me,"

"But yours are even more — pft," I continue laughing.

"Hey, stop laughing! You promise you won't laugh," he pouts sadly but I still couldn't stop laughing. "If you don't stop, I will kiss you,"

"You will kiss me? Really? I love to see you try," I look at him humorously.

"Don't tempt me, darling. It's not going to be a peck, but a real kiss," he cooes seductively, his deep voice drown an octave lower, causing my body to shudder.

I take this as a warning to run away but he is quick to realise my intention. I yelp when he pushes my body down to the couch as he hovers on top.

His sultry gaze falls deeply into mine with so much intensity. We just stare longingly at each other before his eyes divert to my lips.

"May I kiss you?" he softly murmurs, his hot breath fanning against my lips.

I was too baffled and appalled to say anything as my breathing becomes laboured. He takes my silence for an answer, leaning in slowly before crashing his lips onto mine.

•••

A/N: HAHA.. SO HOW WAS IT??? Anyways, I'm so sorry for this terrible writing but I promise it'll get better. Thank you so much for reading and supporting my story <33 I LOVE YOU

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 2.3K 47
This is a story of two people with their own troubled past and present who see no chances in changing that, neither when they were proposed to get ma...
38.1K 1.1K 10
What's better than seeing BTS in concert? Seeing them IN REAL LIFE. Even better than that? HOOKING UP with your BIASES! Could it get better?! ADD y...
536K 22.8K 56
❝ You're so keen on pointing fingers at me. ❞ ❝ Isn't that a given? Girls like you ruin lives. ❞ ❝ And what? Guys like you save lives, I assume? ❞...
131K 3.4K 47
Members of International Boy-band BTS, Taehyung and Jungkook have come a long way in their relationship. They have overcome many hardships. They have...