Running For Miles | ✓

Gemma_Grace_ द्वारा

Eden Rivers is the new girl, she transferred from Pennsylvania in the middle of the year, on the run from an... अधिक

Running For Miles
Characters
Prologue
01 ➳ Meeting Lila
02 ➳ New Girl
03 ➳ My Personal Bully
04 ➳ Your Fly's Undone
05 ➳ Tater Tots
06 ➳ Emotionless Player
07 ➳ Are You Stoned?
08 ➳ Few Screws Lose
09 ➳ You're All Pathetic
10 ➳ Loneliness And Anxiety
11 ➳ It's A Drug Thing
12 ➳ Lila Fucking Hayes
13 ➳ Jump Off Of A Cliff
14 ➳ I'm Just Fucked Up
15 ➳ Drugs Are Bad
16 ➳ Rich People
17 ➳ My Old Friend Molly
18 ➳ In A Friend Way
19 ➳ Lila's Almost Doppelganger
20 ➳ As In Lakyn Westbrook?
21 ➳ Option Two
22 ➳ The Comedown
23 ➳ The Party
24 ➳ The Rooftop
25 ➳ Arden Roson
27 ➳ New Haven
28 ➳ Pinky Promise
29 ➳ Trauma
30 ➳ I Love You Too
31 ➳ Hard, Meaningless, Sex
32 ➳ Kian Karrington
33 ➳ I Don't Do Relationships
34 ➳ This Taste's Like Shit
35 ➳ Feelings Are Overrated
36 ➳ Eden Likes Hale?
37 ➳ Until Lila Hayes
38 ➳ Baby Steps
39 ➳ You Looked Pretty Too
40 ➳ Until Miles Hale
41 ➳ Four Different Blood Types
42 ➳ Suck Him Off
43 ➳ Enemies With Benefits
44 ➳ I Love You
45 ➳ Lila's Story
46 ➳ Beautiful Ghost
47 ➳ Boys Can Cry Too
48 ➳ He's Broken
49 ➳ That Wasnt Sex
50 ➳ Bye Mom
51 ➳ Found You
52 ➳ Bit Fuckin' Weird
53 ➳ The Kian Thing
54 ➳ Forever And Always
55 ➳ I Would Punch Hale
56 ➳ Are You Two Fucking High?
57 ➳ Forever And Ever
58 ➳ Incest
59 ➳ Goodbye
60 ➳ Truman, Kian and Blaire
61 ➳ Lakyn or Boston
62 ➳ Let's Play A Game
63 ➳ I Killed Arden Rosen
64 ➳ They Will Never Find Him
65 ➳ Get Off Me
66 ➳ Blood, Tears, And Heartbreak
67 ➳ I Deserved Hale
68 ➳ What Did You Do?
69 ➳ Beautiful and Damaged
70 ➳ It's Just Us Now
Epilogue

26 ➳ Sorry Dad

8.3K 181 106
Gemma_Grace_ द्वारा

RUNNING

FOR  MILES

Hale and I skipped a step or two as we quickly made our way up the stairs and towards the police station doors. I nodded at the usual lady that was at the front desk she nodded back at me as hale followed me down towards my father's office.

I knocked twice before I slowly opened the door.

"Hey Pumpkin." My father said as I walked in as Hale followed closely behind me. "Oh." My father said from his desk as he watched Hale shut the door behind him, "Hale, haven't seen you in a while, How are you?"

"I'm good thank you, Sheriff Rivers." Hale said all to politely.

"Please call me Noah." My father said as we sat down in the two chairs that faced his desk.

My father cleared his throat, "So what can I help you two with?"

"Well, today at school Lila, Lakyn, Hale and I were all taken out of class and questioned by Officer Tanner." I started, "Do you know him?"

"It was more of interrogation for others." Hale said under his breath.

"I do, in fact, he works here as well." Father scratched the back of his neck, "I think I know what he was questioning you guys about."

"Arden Roson." Hale and I said simultaneously.

My father let out a somewhat sad sigh, "Now I could get in serious trouble for talking to you guys about this because you four seem to be the main suspects."

"Why us though?" Hale asked with confusion deep in his voice.

"Well let's see, Lila and Eden were the very last ones to leave the building and not with all of the others that had evacuated so in the eye of the law that sparks some major concerns and suspicions." He paused, "and then it's an absolute mystery as to why Hale and Lakyn were seen entering the building with you Lila and Eden but then did not leave with them."

This is not good. Anyone with even two brain cells can tell that we all look suspicious; I mean I don't know what the boys were doing and I highly doubt that they would ever be able to kill someone but I can confirm that Lila and I certainly did not kill or have anything to do with the disappearance of Arden Roson.

"Yeah, I mean that's understandable and we have valid explanations as to where we were but since this isn't an interrogation it doesn't matter right now." Hale paused as his eyebrows knitted in confusion, "But Officer Tanner said that there was a note, we all read it and to me, it sounded like the guy ran away." Hale stated a fair point.

My father sighed, "Fair point Hale but we found a lot of evidence at the scene where we believe that Mr. Roson didn't run away."

"So, what are you saying?" I asked confused as I sat on the edge of my seat.

"We have suspicion to believe that Arden didn't run away and was actually murdered."

What? Murder? There's no way someone could have murdered Arden, I mean I guess not many people did like him as he just rubbed it into everyone's face that he was supposedly better than pretty much the whole school all because his parents are rich and we would soon be taking over his father's company.

But that wouldn't drive someone to murder Arden, would it?

"Why do you suspect someone murdered him? A lot of people didn't like Arden and that's probably why he left that note and ran away." Hale stated.

"Well for starters his parents said that he would never just run away out of the blue but if he did then he would most likely drain his bank account but all the money is still in his account nothing has come out of it but we are still watching it since we don't actually know where his wallet is."

"Then there's his car, which is still in the Rosons Garage, it hasn't been touched or moved since he parked it there the night of the party." My father concludes but I could tell by the look on his face that there was something he was trying to leave out.

Hale tilted his head ever so slightly, "There's something else, isn't there." He pushed.

"Hale, we found blood and heaps of it in his room, we're waiting for the DNA results to come back but we are pretty sure that it's Ardens."

Blood?

Wait, didn't Lakyn beat the crap out of Arden on the night of the party?

What if the blood is traced to Lakyn? Lakyn could be in huge trouble and I really don't think he would be able to get out of this one, I mean there's no way if it points to him being the main suspect.

"What's wrong? Is there something else?" I asked as I watched my father's face trying to hide the obvious confusion across his face.

"But we can't seem to figure out where Arden is as he wasn't seen leaving the building either and there was no sign of him in the hotel security cameras."

"Well that's strange, I'm sure you'll figure it out though dad." I encouraged.

Hal nodded with a smile, "She's right you know, if anyone can figure this case out it's you, Mr. Rivers, you are the best sheriff there is."

"I hope you guys are right." My father said as he scratched the top of his head.

"Well I think Hale and I should let you get back to work, I'll see you later on when I get home." I said, getting up from my seat and giving him a hug.

"Yeah thank you so much, Mr. Rivers. We really appreciate this." Hale said as he shook my father's hand.

"Just don't go telling anyone about this, alright?"

"Our lips are sealed." I said as I made my way to the door and walked out with Hale behind me.

Once we were out of the police station there appeared to be a possible snowstorm brewing and coming straight for Dayton Lakes, once safely in Hales car and away from any ears that weren't our own, Hale looked over at me as he started his car.

"Do you really think someone murdered him?" he asked with slight worry and shock evident in his voice.

"I really have no idea." I said truthfully.

"Well, Lila and Lakyn are for sure going to want to hear this."

"Definitely."

Sorry, Dad.

***

As Hale and I made our way into the somewhat warm coffee house, we noticed that Lila and Lakyn were here already obviously but Lakyn was sitting by himself at a table with a faraway look on his face and then Lila was at the front counter talking to one of the workers.

The boy was pretty easy on the eyes with his thick curly locks which framed his face perfectly. His skin was porcelain and his jawline could be good enough to resemble one of the Dolan twins', he looked like a literal model, especially due to his tall height and lanky physique.

Now that I think of it, I haven't actually seen him around here before, he must be new to town. I mean I guess I could be still classed as new and maybe I'm wrong

"Hale?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"Whose Lila talking to?" I questioned him as his glance followed mine.

"I have no fucking idea." he said with a strong and weary tone.

As if on cue Lila turned around and instantly made eye contact with us, we then quickly made our way over to her, I knew that she wanted to know what we had found out and we really wanted to tell her but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hungry.

So, the gossip will have to wait a few minutes.

"Hey." Lila greeted us.

Hale and I smiled simultaneously, "Hey," Hale greeted her, whilst I offered her a small wave, "We're just going to order something to eat and we'll be right over."

Lila simply nodded as she made her way back over to the table where Lakyn was sitting at. Hale and I waited in line for a few minutes before the boy that Lila had been talking to asked what we wanted to order.

Hale decided on getting a cheeseburger and a chocolate milkshake, while I decided on a serve of fries and a vanilla milkshake. Truman the boy that took our orders said he would bring them over to us once they were ready, Hale paid for our food which I protested about and was going to without a doubt pay him back later.

When we were at the booth, I sat down next to Lakyn while Hale sat next to Lila, who didn't seem to happy, she looked quite annoyed and I only need one guess as to why she was annoyed.

"Took you long enough." Lakyn snarled causing everyone to groan in annoyance.

We all huddled closely over the table, immediately delving into a conversation and despite the conversation being about a possibly horrific situation, I could not help but notice the adrenaline flooding through my veins, leaving my bones with a tingling sensation.

"What happened?" Lakyn and Lila both said in unison.

I rested my chin on my hand, my eyes diverting over to Hale before back to Lila, "Apparently it is unlike Arden to run away, not to mention his bank account hasn't been touched—which is usually the first thing a person on the run would do, take out money—and there was a decent amount of blood found on his bedroom floor."

Lila looked over to Lakyn, "Some of that blood could be Lakyn's." She stated, "From his knuckles."

We all subconsciously looked at both of Lakyn's bruised and battered knuckles as he slid them off the table, his usual scowl taking over, "They won't find my blood." he stated.

"How do you know?" Eden asked him softly.

He shrugged, leaning back in his chair, "They just won't."

I mean what if he's right? If they think about it, they are going to take a small swab of the blood that's on the floor nor scrap it all off and tests it, so I guess there's only a really small chance that they could have taken his blood as well.

"Whatever, back to the original point."

I nodded, continuing, "Anyways," I sighed, "Dad said that it is possible that he was murdered."

"Well, that's not something you hear every day." a voice said out of nowhere and we all backed away from the table in freight, my lips pursing together as my eyes widened.

Fuck.

It was the guy that had taken our order I'm pretty sure his badge said Truman, holding a tray of food and drinks as he stood next to our table.

Lila cleared her throat, "It's just about this. . ." She paused, trying to come up with an excuse, but she seemed to struggle because it was well and truly something you don't hear every day.

"Just mind your own fuckin' business." Lakyn spat, leaning onto the table.

Sometimes I just want to hit him for being so rude.

Truman chewed on the inside of his cheek nervously before placing down a plate of fries in front of me than a cheeseburger in front of Hale and lastly, a milkshake in front of both of them.

"Thank you." I said politely as Truman nodded before hurrying back over to the counter, "Anyway," I said rather irritated as I paused to take a sip of my milkshake, "his car never moved from the garage and considering he lived in the city, I doubt he would have walked anywhere."

Lila tapped her manicured nails against the wooden surface of the table, "None of this makes sense." She groaned, "But I believe that he could have run away, maybe he felt guilty after... that night and fled Dayton Lakes."

"He knew what he was doing, Lila." Lakyn said sternly, "Drunk or not, he was aware of his actions, but I don't think he feels guilty.

What in the world was he talking about? And who more importantly.

Lila clicked her tongue, exhaling sharply, "Is that all?"

I popped a few fries into my mouth before shaking my head, "The fire alarm was triggered that night, as you know, and we were the last two seen to leave." I explained, "And the boys were not seen leaving either, meaning you both left after everyone else and you forgot to mention that was why you both left in the first place; because the fire alarm was set off."

Like I said before someone with even the simplest mind could tell that all of us looked extremely suspicious and there was literally nothing, we could do about it especially with an actual witness stating what they had supposedly seen.

"Which brings me to my next point." I stated, looking pointedly at both of the boys, "Why were you two not seen and why the hell didn't one of you tell us that the alarm was triggered instead of making up some stupid excuse?"

Lakyn and Hale both looked at each other, both unable to come up with a single word before Hale took the courtesy of answering, "We were both looking for Lila, so we assumed she left with you, then we got high and passed out and when we woke up everyone was gone."

That's believable but is that what they are going to tell the police if they ask them? Weed isn't legal around here so they would just be incriminating themselves even more at this point.

"Then why did you not exit via the lobby?" Lila questioned, "If you woke up and everyone was gone, why exit that way?"

Lakyn groaned, "Look, Mrs. accusation police," he sighed, "we have no part in this, okay?" he leaned over the table, his face awfully close to Lila's, "I mean, other than beating him until he was black and blue."

Lila rolled her eyes at his, sarcastically annoying side comments, "Lakyn. . ." she said sternly, "Are you sure that you didn't--"

"Didn't what?" he snapped, standing up, "Didn't murder him?"

Hale stood up in his best friend's defense, walking to his side before giving him a comforting pat on the back, "Buddy calm down." he said calmly, knowing damn well how he would react, "It was just a question."

Lakyn always seems to overreact over things, Lila was in no way saying that he murdered Arden, she was just trying to make sure that when he beat him that Arden was still alive and not dead. But this is just the classic behavior of Lakyn Westbrook for you.

"I am calm." he sneered, his words directed to me, "I just think that we should work together to figure out what happened, not against each other."

And with that he left, leaving Lila and I both shocked and confused with nothing else in mind except; why does Lakyn have to be so damn Moody all the time and why has Arden just disappeared into thin air? 

Hey Hi Hello

I hope you guys like the chapter.

This chapter was really fun to write, it was so interesting as well as the thousands of criminal minds and other murder shows are slightly coming in handy with some of the terms and sayings.

So what do you guys think of Truman? I know you didn't get to see much of him but you will soon.

Did Arden runaway or was he murdered?

Please let me know what you think of the chapter.

Please don't forget to vote, leave a comment and go read 'Loving Lakyn' by @sharnahespinosa

GemmaGrace

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

282K 9.9K 75
After witnessing her boyfriend being murdered, fifteen year old Isla Mills instantly becomes his killers next target. With the help from the FBI, s...
380K 8.7K 42
Ava moved from a small town in Minnesota to a busy town in California. Soon after her move, she meets the towns "Bad Boy." Will she be able to resist...
The Downfall Jessica Licollari द्वारा

रहस्य / थ्रिलर

292 87 25
Icelyn Ferrit, a high school sophomore who moves from Seattle, a wealthy American city, to Salmon Arm, a simple, lonely town in Canada. She meets ma...
173K 3.6K 64
"He takes pleasure in seeing me cry. As he walked away he gave one more blow. I think I heard a rib crack." - Eden Holland. 16 years old, a junio...