-Always play- ||| Spinel x Re...

By LocalHoodlum_Mel

Spinel will be more soft and sweet in this story, due to her change of heart. She will also have bad separati... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
-Chapter 3-
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
-Chapter 6-
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
-Chapter 9-
Chapter 10
Facts about dating Spinel! And other stuff!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12- Friday pt. 1
Chapter 13- Friday pt. 2
Chapter 14- Friday pt. 3
Chapter 15- Friday pt.4
Waiting Gift
The Beginning of the End (Chapter- 17-ish)
Simple but to the point
Just a treat
{Chapter-17} Not For Kiddies
Chapter-18 Something bad is coming
Chapter 19- Many feelings
The End Of An Era
Chapter 20- Saving Steven
Chapter 21- Like a happy Family
Chapter 22- Shopping and Dogs
Future Chapter Promos
Chapter 23- The Rescue
Chapter 24- A Trip
Chapter 25- Patching things up
Chapter 26- If We're Together
Chapter 27- Still So Much To Do
Facts about dating Spinel pt. 2
Chapter 28- Gifts
Chapter 29- One Day

~!!CHAPTER 16!!~

2.3K 47 335
By LocalHoodlum_Mel

It's Saturday

The day of the party

You wake up to the sun glaring in your eyes. You groan and yank the blanket over your face- Spinel taps your shoulder, 

"Doll. Doll. Doll. Doll. Doll. Doll. Doll. Doll." 

You groan and sit up; removing the blanket. There sat Spinel with an expression that held a hint child-like innocence. You rub your eyes,    "What time is it?"    Spinel looks at the alarm clock.    "1...1...1...3."   You make a sound of confusion, then look to the clock yourself. It was 11:13 am. You groggily flop back onto the bed, but Spinel gets on top of you, grabs your shoulders and lovingly...

Shakes the devil out of you.

"Dolllllllyyyyy! Wake up!" 

You grumble, but get up anyways; knowing that Spinel would just continue. You walk to your dresser and pull out an outfit for later tonight (Whatever you want it to be).

You then turn to Spinel,    "Breakfast?"    Spinel nods, and you lead the way downstairs. The sound of Spinels squeaking shoes following.

As you cooked some pancakes Spinel stood close to you.

After a while you were getting concerned,    "Spinel? Are you alright?"    She nods, so you dismiss it as her being a little clingy.

---

After eating breakfast the both of you laid on the couch and started watching a comedy show.

---

3 hours pass

Spinel had gotten up to bring in some snacks and after setting them down, she stopped to look at you. Sure, you thought you weren't that pretty, but Spinel thought you were gorgeous. She looked over your body, your curves, your pretty face.    

"Spinel, you gonna join me?"    

She was snapped out of her trance, 

"Uh, yeah." 

Spinel decided maybe.. Making a move would be a good idea

Spinel walked over and stood in front of you,    "Spinel? I can't see."    Spinel laughs nervously,    "Yeah, that happens to you humans."    You were confused.    "Spinel are you okay?"    She gives an anxious look,    "Of course! Why wouldn't I be!?"    You gave a quizzical look,    "Well, why else would you be shaking?...a lot."    Spinel looks to her hands. You were right, she was shaking so much.

Spinel gasps and hides her hands behind her back.    "It's nothing!"    You cock a brow,    "Then why are you just standing there, honey?"    Spinel swallows hard- takes a deep breath- 

and pounces on you; pinning you to the couch. 

You look around in confusion,    "Spinel what are you doing?"

Spinel looked on at your round cheeks, to your silky hair, down to your lips that were slightly parted. But she soon felt her eyes wander a little lower- to your plump breasts.

"Spinel what's up with you?"

Spinels face is now a deep shade of scarlet, and she shakes nervously, before falling to the floor,    "Spinel!"    You get up and look over the cushion. Her face was.. Well it looked like this---

(only prettier)

And it (quite literally) looked like steam was coming off of her. You reach down and touch her shoulder,    "Spinel, are you okay?"    She groans and shakes her head; snapping herself out of it,    "Yeah! Yeah, I'm okay."    She stands up and claps her hand together,    "I.. I think I'm gonna go.. and uh, sleep some more. Yeah..."    You look her over; confused,    "Okay?"    Spinel stretched out her leg till it reached the top of the stairs, then she let herself practically fly up.

You wished you could get up a set of stairs in one step.

-3rd person Spinel pov-

Oh god why did she do that!? Spinel quietly shut the door and paced around the room. Did she scare you? Did you think she was a freak now? Spinel bit her finger as she panicked. Were you thinking about how weird she was? Were you judging her?

-meanwhile back in your pov-

You thought about how lucky squirrels are. They can shove food into their mouth and run home at the speed of light to keep it in their own secret stash of Nom-Noms.

-Spinel-

Spinel keeps pacing, then tugs at her pony tails,    "Oh god.. What if she leaves me for this?"

-You-

You look at a bowl of Cheeto-puffs that sat on the coffee table in front of you... Maybe you were denying your true calling this whole time.

-Spinel-

Spinel shakes her head and swings open the door, she had to make sure you were alright.

She barrels down the stairs and swings around, with her eyes clenched shut,    "Doll, look I'm sorry- Please forgive me for being weird- and-"    Spinel opens her eyes and looks up in dismay at the sight before her:

Looking at her like a deer in headlights, you stood hunched over a bowl, with a mouth stuffed to the brink with Cheeto-puffs.

Spinel shifts awkwardly,    "Uhhhh-"

-back to normal for good-

Just then the door slams open and Amethyst steps in, 

"Yo! Y/n, let's get to iiiii...ii..i...itttt...."

 Steven quickly runs up beside her,    "Amethyst! Don't just barge in! Sorry guys I-...um."    Steven looks on at the sight before him: 

Spinel was awkwardly standing at the bottom of the stairs; looking at him and Amethyst with a huge and anxious smile that should belong to a flight attendant. Meanwhile, you were looking at them with a surprised look; face full of-and covered in Cheeto-puffs. 

Steven smiles in nervous fear,    "-Is this a bad time..?"    You shake your head and were about to welcome them in---

then the urge to vomit arose.

You dash to the restroom and do just that.

Spinel just stood and waited (still creepily smiling) as an awkward silence filled the room , with the occasional sound of your yacking in the background.

When you came back, You looked a mix of: sick, tired and disgusted. Steven laughs nervously,    "You alright sis?"    You nod and grab a glass of water. 

Once you drank it you felt good as new. You wipe off the remaining cheese from your mouth and walk to the door. 

Amethyst smiles and gestures outside,    "Oh, right!-"    You turn to your girlfriend,    "Spinel, I'm gonna step out with these two for just a minute."    Spinel snaps out of her frozen state,    "Oh! Um.. alright?"    You shoot her a thumbs up and step outside making sure to close the door behind you.

The three of you walk to the curb- far away from the house, just to be sure Spinel wouldn't hear anything. Steven hands you his phone; a picture of a lovely scenery by the beach was displayed on-screen. There were tables, a stage, balloons everywhere, and sets of chairs and benches were set up strategically around the area (no doubt by Pearl).

But what really caught your eye were the pretty tablecloths, they were shiny and pink with grey stripes (A tribute to you and Spinel). 

You smile brightly,    "It's perfect!"    Steven waves a hand in proud dismissal from the flattery, Amethyst just grins and punches your arm 'gently' but you were used to her doing that. You hand Stevens phone back and give him a huge hug,    "Once again, you're the greatest brother- that isn't really my brother!"    Steven laughs and returns the hug. Amethyst shrugs and joins in.

---

You wave goodbye to your friends and shut the door

"Alright I'm back."    Spinel looks up from the recliner and smirks,    "So it seems."    You giggle and walk up to her,    "Don't forget to dress up. We'll be leaving in another 4 hours"   Spinel nods and watches as you walk into the kitchen.

(lookin' at your- ehem..)

_ B U N Z _

You washed some dishes and made yourself a cup of coffee, knowing the energy you'd be spending today.

As you stare into the seemingly endless stream of brewing coffee, a familiar voice speaks behind you, 

"Hey Sugar." 

You smile and turn around to face your lover, when you do she envelopes you in a firm hug, and hums to herself,    "You're so beautiful, doll-face."    You give a wiry smile and feel your face heat up,    "Aw, why are ya' being so shy?"    Spinel rubs your hips gently. You resist the urge to kiss her.    "Doll, what's the matter? You feelin'.. tongue tied~?"    You snort and wrap your arms around her neck,    "No."    Spinel bites her lip and smirks, then nuzzles into the crook of your neck, you laugh- 

until you feel her start kissing it. 

You gasp and pull back. 

Spinel looks at you worriedly,    "Oh! I'm Sorry doll!"    You rub the spot she had kissed and look up at your lover, she looked worried, but you placed a hand on her shoulder,    "It's alright. I just wasn't expecting that."    You laugh. 

Spinel smiles nervously, then groans in embarrassment,    "Ugggh, I'm sorry.. I-I don't know what's wrong with me lately! I don't know what I'm doing!"    You smile with a still red face,    "It's okay, I think we're just getting to the 'next base'."    You turn off the machine and quickly pour yourself a cup,    "Next base? What's that?"    You resist the urge to laugh.    "Dolly, what does that mean?"    You snort and walk out of the room,    "Nothing."    You laugh to yourself, Spinel continues to question your statement as she follows you.

---

Spinel stroked your hair softly as you took a quick rest on her lap. Spinel wanted to move you upstairs to the bed, but you looked so cute, and she was afraid she'd wake you. 

Spinel couldn't stop thinking about you. You were the most important thing in her life right now. 

As she played with your pretty hair, her eyes landed on your phone that sat on the coffee table..

 It couldn't hurt to take a peak. Spinel swiftly stretched her arm and grabbed the device without hesitation.

"Okay, I think it was....there we go!"    Spinel was able to remember your password. 

   "Now what should I do first?"    Spinel clicked on your messages and snooped through your conversations with Amethyst.    "These two are weird.."    

Spinel came across several jokes, puns, and memes, that were sent without context and in random intervals. Spinel couldn't understand what they meant or why the two of you found them so funny, but she didn't put much thought into it. 

---

After a while of scrolling, she got bored so she decided to try something she saw you do a lot: Get on Google. 

She thought about what she should look up. Then she realized now would be a great opportunity to learn more about 'sex'.

Spinel typed in SECKS (which properly auto corrected.. for once) and saw lots of article links that she didn't understand, so when she saw an option for images, she knew she'd be able to understand that.

But she found herself looking at Un-Godly images that just made her more confused.

Well.. at least now she knew what it really looked like..

Spinel had a weird feeling the more she looked at the photos. Then she came across the most naughty thing, a link to Porn- I mean CORN-Hub. Yeah..

So, she tapped on it and was transported into a massive inventory of   S I N.

Spinel was beet red, but curiosity got the better of her, and she selected a video. It was just an ordinary (as ordinary as Corn-Hub can get) video of a man and woman doing the Nae-Nae. 

Spinel was unsure if she liked what she was watching, but a part of her knew she did.

---

Spinel watched a few more videos, and felt this hunger arise the longer she watched, but it was cut short, by your alarm. Spinel almost screamed as she rushed to close the tab. Once she did, she placed your phone back on the coffee table and tried her best to relax her nerves and cool off her burning face.

After a moment of you resisting the idea of waking up, you groan and force yourself to get up.

You peck Spinels cheek and you stand up,    "Welp it's time to get ready."    You read the time on your phone: 5:30. 

You rub the top of Spinels head and groggily head for the stairs, but you stop yourself,    "Don't forget to dress-up nice."    Spinel smiled and nodded.

Spinel then put a hand to her chin as you continued to your room.    

"I think I got just the thing, doll.."

---

You put on your clothes and dolled up as much as you believed you needed. 

When you walked downstairs, Steven, Amethyst and Peridot were already there, and were waiting, with who you were guessing was Spinel being hidden under a blanket. 

When they saw you, Amethyst whistled, while Peridot and Steven gave their respective smiles. 

The blanket hiding your lover moved as she talked,    "Doll, tell them to let me out!"    Peridot covered the area where Spinels mouth should be as she spoke up,    "Nonsense! You both have to be hidden from each-others view to preserve the surprise!"    You cock a brow,    "Surprise of..?"    Peridot gives an adorable devilish smirk,    "The surprise of how FABULOUS the both of you look."    

You laugh and shake your head fondly. It was then that you noticed how the three of them were dressed..

 Steven was in a cute long sleeve-pink button up. Peridot was in a green dress with yellow stars all over, and Amethyst.. Well she wasn't much different, but she put on a cool black jacket with awesome looking graffiti art printed on the sleeves and back, and she had her hair up in a ponytail. 

You smile,    "Wow, you guys didn't have to dress up-"    Amethyst cut you off,    "No, This is a special occasion, 'it has to be done'."    Amethyst put on her Pearl accent at the end. You grin knowing what that meant,    "Pearl made you dress up, didn't she Amethyst?"    She nodded but looked over herself,    "Yeah, but I can't say that I mind. I mean this jacket is sick!"    You laugh and nod in agreement. 

Pearl seemed to be getting more lenient on the dress code. I mean, a jacket with graffiti? She must really want to support the interests of others. 

Steven ruffled your hair,    "You look great too Y/n."    You make a silly face,    "Awe shucks bro."    Steven laughs and looks at the time,    "Well, It's time. Are you ready?"    You look around at your three friends, then to your girlfriend who was still hidden under the huge blanket. You grin brightly, 

"Yeah.. Yeah! Let's go!"

---

During the car ride towards the beach, Peridot sat between you and Spinel; making sure to lean in your way to keep you from looking at her (even though she was still covered by a blanket) You talked with the small green gem and listened to some of Amethysts jokes.

At some point Spinel asked in a muffled voice,    "Are we there yet?"    You chuckle and Steven answers,    "Almost, just be patient."

Before you knew it Steven pulled to a stop and you were at your destination.

You peered out the window.

In the young sunset, you saw gems and a few humans crowded around and enjoying themselves. 

You smiled at how beautiful the scene looked.

Sour cream was being his casual DJ self on-stage as usual.

Everyone was smiling and looked like they were having fun.

"Hey, You coming?"

You quickly look to Steven who was already out; but had leaned inside to check on you. You nod and step out. The cool ocean air made you feel so at peace.

 As music played in the distance, you felt a soft tap on your shoulder. When you turn around..

It's Spinel.. and she looks beautiful.

Her pony tails were curled and faced downwards. She wore what almost looked like a bodysuit with her usual pointed shoulder pads, draped and exposing her shoulders. And finally her boots were now thigh-highs (ya know, the outfit I drew her in). You felt your face heat up. Then she looked you over.    

"Wow doll. You're beautiful. Like always."    

You laugh and see her face turn a dark pink. 

"Are you two coming?" 

You look over to Peridot who was staggering behind the others; waiting for you two.    "Oh, right!"    Spinel then notices the party in the distance,    "Dolly, what's going on?"    You grin excitedly and grab her hand. Spinel gives you a confused glance, but you run forward, towards the crowd; pulling her with you.

When you reach the heart of the celebration, you face Spinel and take both of her hands excitedly.

"Uh..dolly, what's all this about?"    You chuckle,    "Have you really not caught on yet?"    Spinel gives you an intense look of confusion. You sigh but chuckle,    "Here's a hint: Happy Anniversary!"    

Spinel takes a moment to process, not long after she gives a look of understanding and shock.    "Doll, you.. You didn't do this." 

You place a hand on her cheek,    "Yes I did. But, I had a little help."   You gesture to Steven and the others. Spinel is speechless,    "But..why?"    You shrug,    "Because I love you."   Spinel smiles sweetly and pulls you into a sudden embrace,    "I really don't deserve someone like you.."    You pull back with a smile and the two of you share a quick kiss- 

Then Steven stepped up to the stage,

"Hey! Thank you all for coming! Now in honor of a special couple, another couple will perform a song before the show!"

You're filled with a child-like giddiness as Shep and Sadie step on stage.

"Take it away you two!"

Sadie smiles as Steven hands her the microphone

She looks over the crowd,    "Hey everybody! This one is for the couples, the friends, and the family. So feel free to grab a partner and have a nice dance."    Sadie steps back, and Shep begins to play their instrument that made you think of an atomic-tone. Sadie began singing a sweet song soon after.

You shift into a more formal dancing position and pull Spinel close,    "Geez doll, you really didn't have to do all this."    You scoff lightheartedly and put your forehead against hers,    "Yes I did." Spinel goes to protest again, but you hush her like a mother would to her child.

Spinel chuckles and just lets it go.

Her beautiful eyes staring into yours, you felt completely at ease, like the two of you were the only people in the world- No, in the universe.

The two of you continue to dance to the gentle song.

Once the wonderful performance ended, Everyone gave a large applause and Steven stepped back on-stage.

"Alright! That was awesome! Big thanks to Shep and Sadie for that stellar performance. Now we will have a small intermission for the band to get ready."

Sourcream walked onstage and played a CD of some good old techno-hip, then went back behind the stage to join his friends.

You and Spinel head over to talk to the others as you wait.

Garnet and Steven pretty much hogged you to themselves though.

 Steven had many questions,    "So how's it going? Does she like It?"    You grin,    "Yeah, she's really enjoying herself!"    

You look over to Spinel; she was practicing some.. interesting  moves with Amethyst. 

You shake your head and laugh-  Granet then grabs your shoulders,    "Y/n, I have to tell you something very important."    You look up into her visors as confusion washed over you,    "What is it?"    Garnet pulled you aside a little; away from everyone,    "Y/n, I understand that you and Spinel are so close you'd never leave each-other.. but when I try to look forward, I've been having some blocked and obscure visions.."    

That's when fear poked at the back of your head.

"What do you mean?"    Garnet messes with her wedding rings,    "Well, when I look into you both, I can't see anything past a certain point in several different timelines, any of which could be your future."    You lean in,    "Well, where does it stop?"    Garnet cups a hand over her mouth in thought, and she was about to tell you, but Steven interrupted, 

"Y/n, you wanna dance?"    

You chuckled awkwardly and turned to Garnet with a nervous look. She sighs and stops fidgeting with her rings,    "Never-mind. You go have fun! I shouldn't ruin the mood."    You nod and walk with Steven, but you really wanted to know what she saw.. or, well... couldn't see..

A few more seconds beside her and you would've pressed for details, but you couldn't because Steven has dragged you far into the crowd by now.

He grabbed your hands and the two of you danced. Not a formal dance, but a silly one.

You both laughed so much.

It was just really fun to enjoy yourself with the greatest guy.

Steven had to hunch over and catch his breath at some point, but he kept laughing,    "Wow, haha, I haven't been able to enjoy myself this much lately."    You smile bitter-sweetly,    "Why?"    You asked, thinking it was a harmless question. You were just confused because he hadn't had any big threats to fight for a while. You just thought there might have been another gem trying to destroy everything and you didn't know.

But that thought went out the window when Stevens' face morphs into light guilt.

However, he shakes it off and continues to smile,    "No reason, I've just been... caught up in stuff."    You smile, but now you were worried again. First Garnet is hiding something, now Steven? You put a hand on his shoulder,    "Steven I know when you're keeping secrets. No offence but, you're not the best liar."    Steven smiles and sweats nervously,    "Is it that obvious?"   You sigh and pat his shoulder,    "Look Steven, You know you can talk to me, I'm like your big sister."

Steven sighs as his smile finally fades.    "I know.. I just don't feel like telling you would be a good idea."

You give a confused look,    "Why not?"    Steven rubs his arm and shifts around a little as if he wanted to leave,    "Steven?"

He lightly groans and drags his hands down his face,    "I'm sorry! My mind's just.. somewhere else."    Steven gives a small smile, but you don't let up your persistence,    "Steven, stop stalling."

He once again groans,    "Ugh, I'm sorry-I'm sorry! I don't know what's been wrong with me lately! Well I do, but it's complicated and so much to take in!"

You notice pin prick tears in his eyes and a slight hue of pink forming on his face..

"Steven.. How long have you been feeling like this?"

Steven rubs his eyes quickly and looks to the ground,    "I don't know.. a few months?"    You groan,    "Steven, why didn't you tell me this sooner!?"    He sighs pathetically and runs a hand through his curly hair,

"I didn't want you to worry about me! I thought if.. if I kept it to myself, everything would be fine- and I'd get over it!"    Steven is refusing to look at you at this point, you could tell how ashamed he was.    "But.. I guess I was wrong- because I don't feel any better! Actually, I feel worse!"

You pull him into a sudden hug and hold him tight,    "Okay, okay.. Just relax Steven. You'll be okay. You're not alone-"

You pull back and turn, Steven follows your line of sight.

"-You have us."

The two of you looked on at some of the greatest gems you both have ever known.

"Please don't bottle this stuff in. You can trust us to help you."

Steven tears up and this time- he hugs you.

"I know.. Thank you Y/n."

You smile sweetly and kiss the top of his head,    "Anything for my favorite guy."    Steven chuckles and blushes from the flattery,    "Spinel sure is lucky to have scored you."    You blush and lightly shove him,    "Thanks. I can say the same for whoever you end up with."    The two of you laugh and hug one last time,    "Thanks for being so great Y/n. I don't think I'd be who I am without you."    Steven hugs a little tighter and you smile,    "Don't say that, you're Steven Universe. You'd be the great guy you are either way."    Steven laughs and mutters an    "I don't know about that "    under his breath. The two of you pull back and Steven clears his throat.    "Soooo... Wanna dance again?"    You snort and grab his hand,    "Of course."

---

After dancing way too much, you and Steven rejoin your friends and tucker down for some chill conversation.

As Peridot jumped around everyone; ranting about several random things, you see Spinel laughing happily.

She was so gorgeous- and cute.. and the greatest girl ever.

You walk up beside her and hug her from behind. She jumps in surprise, but laughs happily,    "Oh, hi dolly!"    You smile with a small sigh as you rest your head on her shoulder,    "Hi my love."    Amethyst gives a doofy grin as she wiggles her brows,    "Awwww."    She starts making kissy faces at the two of you. Spinel and you give unamused stares as she teases.

Pearl notices and walks over,    

"Sorry ladies, I'll take this nuisance off your hands!" 

Amethyst's face turned from an amused one, to a slightly shocked and offended one. Amethyst dramatically puts a hand to her chest, but Pearl just grabs her other hand and dragged her off, making you and Spinel laugh.

---

As you ran your fingers through Spinel's long dark-red hair, you watched Steven as he paced around and talked on the phone to who you were guessing was Connie. Steven has grown so much, you feel like you see that more and more every day. 

But something's very off.. he's been more reserved and emotionally closed off lately. Plus you've noticed his temper growing. Not to mention the pink glow..

Something was really wrong here..

Spinel reached around and put a hand on your cheek,    "You alright dolly? You've been really quiet."    You clear your throat and turn away from your brother,    "Yeah, I'm fine. I was just spacing out I guess."

As the conversation goes on, everyone is cut off by-

"Punch anyone?"

You all look over and see Bismuth holding at least 12 cups of punch for all of you. Everyone accepts (sure a few didn't drink it, but it was such a kind gesture).

Before you knew it Steven was back on-stage introducing Sadie-Killer and the Suspects. They were all dressed up in casual- but darker clothing. It was a kind of nice to see that they didn't go too over the top.

You couldn't help but be glad that they all wanted to do one of their final, if not their final show for this party.

The sudden sound of a guitar and drums began and Sadie began singing one of her classics.

Everyone began to dance and jump around to the loud and upbeat song (even though the lyrics were a little rebellious). It was fun.

As you clumsily danced around, you saw a familiar figure in the distance; standing alone.

You whip around, and it's her.

It's Jasper.

She actually came!

You quickly told the others you'd be right back and you stepped away to see her.

Jasper was standing in a less crowded area- and didn't look to be having much fun so far.

"Jasper!"

You wave out to her and run over. When she looks up, you could almost see a spark of happiness in her eyes, When you reach her side- you hug her.

She almost stumbles from surprise, but returns the sweet gesture.

You look up at her with the happiest face,    "You actually came!"

Jasper feels her face heat up and she shrugs,    "It was something to kill time.. or whatever."

You laugh and grab her hand,    "C'mon, let go hang out with the others-"    Jasper pulls away,    "No thanks. I don't associate too well with gems like.. that."    You groan and try to pull her in the direction of your pals.

You stumble around and tug with all of your might, to no avail..

Jasper felt herself wanting to laugh at your cute attempt,    "Y/n, I'm a 7 foot, heavy-set gem. I doubt you can get me over there."   (Roughly 7. She's actually 6'8 but it's close enough)

You grunt in frustration and continue to pull,    "Keep trying! You might move me a couple inches!"    You groan and collapse into her. Jasper flushes red and looks around nervously, then you defeatedly look up at her with pleading puppy-dog-eyes. Jasper feels her Will crumble away,    "Ugh, fine! But don't make me talk."    You light up and nod excitedly, then pull her along.

When the both of you came back most of the gems were surprised to see Jasper herself with a gentle human like you.

Steven, Amethyst, Peridot, and Bismuth were pretty chill with it, while Pearl, Garnet, and (of course) Lapis were keeping a small distance. And Spinel.. well she was being Spinel, and kept an arm around you the whole time to get the point across that you were hers.

As the party went on and the big show ended, you did what you could to talk to Jasper and make her feel like she belonged. You even took some time to dance with her, one-on-one.

And you could tell that even though she acted otherwise, she was enjoying herself.

Soon the party was coming to a close at around 10, your feet hurt and you were covered in sand. 

You and all your friends were sitting on the ground to continue the conversation, Sadie and Shep even joined. They were so chill, and a pretty good couple. Maybe you and Spinel could go on a double date with them sometime. All of your close friends were together, and just having a wholesome time. It was so nice, and you were happy.

But what made you the happiest at this moment was the fact that Spinel and Jasper were talking.

They were actually talking, and it was so lighthearted..

Jasper even laughed at one point.

---

As the Party finally fizzled out to only your good old pals, Spinel and Jasper had fallen asleep on your shoulders, and you thought it was adorable.

Steven took out his phone and looked around,    "Well, looks like the party's over.."

You stretch and shake Spinel and Jasper awake,    "C'mon you two, It's time to go home."

Spinel grumbles and turns to snuggle into your lap,    "5 more minutes.."    You shake Spinel once more,    "Spinel, it's time to go!"    She suddenly shoots up and looks around frantically as her sleepiness was shaken away,    "Okay, Okay! I'm up!"    

Spinel stands and really stretches her limbs out,    "Ah, that's the stuff."    You laugh as she relieves her limbs from any tension. 

Jasper sits up and runs a hand through her hair. You grin and nudge her,    "Wanna come hang at my place for a while?"    Jasper cocks a brow,    "Hang?"    You nod,    "Yeah, like hang-out."    Jasper smiles nervously,    "Uh, sure."    You smile brightly. You enjoyed Jaspers company, even if she didn't converse or mess around as much as Spinel. If anything you enjoyed her around because she seemed to balance out the atmosphere a little.

All three of you round up into Stevens Dhondye, Amethyst once again tagged along, but she sat in the back by you, so Jasper could have more room in the front. 

As Steven began to drive Amethyst tapped your shoulder and gestured for you to lean in. You did, and she whispered in your ear,    "So.. is this like.. A three way relationship or something?"    You gasp and reel back a little; scandalized, but you quietly answer back,    "No, Jasper's a good friend."    You could tell Amethyst wanted to push the subject a little more, but she didn't want to strike a nerve or anything, so she just nodded and let it go.

When Steven finally pulled up to your house, you hugged both him and Amethyst (be it in an awkward position because you were still in the back). 

Once you step out, Steven calls after you,    "One more thing, uh, do you need me to take her back to little Homeworld later?"    You look over to Jasper- she was trying her best to resist laughing as Spinel nearly tripped over herself while walking up the porch stairs.

You smile sweetly,    "No, I think I'll take her this time. You get rest bro, you really need it."    Steven looks over to Jasper a little nervously,    "You sure?"    You give him the most serious look you could muster (not really succeeding),    "I'm positive."    Steven sighs and shakes his head, but he smiles,    "Okay- but if you need any help, just call me."    You give him a thumbs up and wave goodbye one last time before he drove off.

---

Once the three of you were inside, Jasper seemed to follow you like a lost dog,    

"Uh, Jasper, Is something wrong?"    She looks down at you,    "I'm waiting on instructions for 'Hang-Out'."    You now understand,    "Oh, uh, you just do what you want- But no fighting or breaking anything!"    Jasper raises her brows,   "Oh, okay."   Jasper then leaned against the wall and watched you,    "What are you doing?"    She shrugs,    "You're more interesting to watch than that multi-channeled screen."    You smile; flattered,    "Thanks! I think?"    You take off your coat and walk upstairs- Jasper follows.

When you open the door, you sigh happily at the comforting sight of your bed. You then see your favorite hoodie and shorts- and then realize its shower night. So, you gather your clothes and head back downstairs- pulling Jasper with you.

As you approach the bathroom you see Spinel in the dining room, she was back to her usual form again, thank God cause' that other outfit made you think things that were.. less than appropriate.

As you approach the bathroom door, she looks up at you and frowns,    "Not again!"    Spinel dashes to you and blocks the bathroom door,    "What's wrong, Spinel?"    She gives a semi-frustrated look,    "You disappear in there every all the time- and I don't know if you're okay or not, because you always lock the door!"    You smile,    "I'll be fine, it's just a shower. Humans have to take them."    You reach for the doorknob, but Spinel covers it.

"NO!"

You sweat nervously,    "Spinel I need a shower. What can I do to get in?"    Spinel thinks for a moment, but quickly looks up at you with pleading eyes,    "Take me with you!"    You flush red,    "U-um, Spinel that's-"     -    "Take Me With You!"    You resist the urge to choke on your breath, as you nod your head. Spinel suddenly drops the sad puppy eyes and smiles; gladly opening the door.

You were about to walk in, then you remember-

"Oh, uh, Jasper? Can you stay out here for a while? I promise I'll be right out."

Jasper frowns, but shrugs and pats the top of your head,    "Alright. Just give me a holler if the gremlin tries anything."    Spinel grumbles something under her breath, but Jasper didn't seem to care as she flopped onto the couch with a loud thud (gonna have to get her out of that habit), and turned on the TV.

You swallow hard and step inside.

You avoid eye-contact with your lover as you place your after-shower items on an empty shelf.

Spinel hopps up and sits on the counter,    "So what now?"

You delay the inevitable by turning on the shower.

As you feel the water finally warm up, you turn and look around. This was nerve-racking.

Did you really want this to be her first time seeing you naked?

You take a shaky breath and blurt out,    "COVER YOUR EYES!"    Spinel jumps at the sudden noise, but slowly covers them.

"Are you looking!?"

-"No!"

"Are you lying!?"

-"NO!"

You decide that maybe she was being honest, and you quickly strip off your clothes and undergarments. Then race into the shower.    "Okay, you can open them!"

Spinel does so, and looks around in confusion,    "Where are you?"    -      "In the shower. Y'know? Behind the curtain?"    Spinel lets out a laugh,    "Oh yeah."    You sigh in relief- then Spinel tries to open the curtain. You nearly shriek as you rip back the piece of cloth,    "Geez dolly, what's wrong?"    You do what you can to ease the burning in your face,    "Just.. Don't open the curtains."    You can tell Spinel was confused,    "Why?"    You swallow,    "I'm, uh, nude."    

Spinel gasps in surprise and you hear something fumble, followed by a thud. You quickly peak out with a worried expression,    "Spinel are you okay!?"    Spinel was laying on the floor with a red face,    "Yeah.."    Normally you would rush over to help her, but you couldn't exactly do that now. So, you hesitantly close the curtain and start washing your hair.

You hear Spinel get up again and the room is filled with an awkward silence.

A few minutes later you couldn't take it anymore, so you broke it,    "So did you have fun?"    Spinel hummed in confusion then realized you were talking to her,    "Oh! Uh, yeah, I did... I' ll have to find a way to repay you."    You resist laughing,    "You don't have to repay me."    Spinel groans,    "Don't be stuck-up, dolly!"    You let out a quiet laugh and begin washing your body (You also shave a bit.. or not if that's your thing. No judgement.).

You smile to yourself,    "So, how are you liking life with me so far?"    Spinel raises her brows,    "Gee, that's a touchy question.. But, I haven't been this happy.. Practically ever."    

You feel your heart beat faster and your face warms up. It was one of the most wholesome things she had ever told you,    "Doll? You alright?"    You were dragged back from daisy skipping la-la-land,    "Yeah, just thinking."    Spinel was quiet, then she told you something awesome, 

"You know, Jasper isn't too bad, y'know?"    You were shocked. Did she just? She did.    "I mean, she's cool, and likes a lot of my jokes."    You feel your chest fill with so much joy,    "What I'm saying is.. I guess it's alright if you two hang out.."     You suddenly squeal a little,    "Yay!"    You hear Spinel chuckle... then sigh,    

"Just promise, I'll always be your lover? Promise you won't leave me... For anyone? Even her?"    

You smile,    "I promise. You're my lover forever."    You could tell, even though you couldn't see her, that she was smiling brightly.

---

Minutes of showering later, you were finally done. You turn off the shower, grab your towel and pull it inside to dry off.

Once you were satisfied, you wrapped the towel around your body and stepped out. 

Spinel stretched her hand into the shape of a trumpet and made a silly impression of one, when she finished, she bowed to you,    "Behold, the glorious beauty herself has finally emerged!"    You roll your eyes and give a small chuckle,    "Har-Har. Honestly, I could have taken much longer."    Spinel gives a silly face of disapproval, and you laugh; pushing her shoulder. You look at your clothes and turn to her,    "Okay, turn around."    Spinel groans, but obeys,    "Now close your eyes- and cover them."    Spinel does as you demanded, allowing you to dress.

"Okay you're good."    Spinel opens her eyes to see you fully dressed (to her disappointment)  and watches as you grab a brush and pull it through your hair in rough violent strokes, Spinel grimaces,    "Doesn't that hurt?"    You nod,    "Oh, yeah!- But I'm used to it."    Spinel continues to watch in dismay as you struggled to pull your brush though your hair.

After brushing your teeth and washing your face, you both finally left the bathroom. When you opened the door, you shivered at the cool air from the living room hitting your skin. Jasper looked over at you,    "You're hair's wet."    You nod, and flop onto the couch beside her. You felt how warm she was so you curled into her side, "What are you doing?" You grumble and scrunch up. Jasper taps your head, "Y/n, what's up with you?" You just responded in one word, "Cold." 

Jasper still didn't get it, and was about to poke you again, but Spinel gestured not to. So, as you warmed up and dried off, all three of you watched a comedy show. There were plenty of dirty jokes and you could tell Jasper and Spinel didn't get all of them, but when you laughed- they laughed, it was sweet that they wanted to join in, as to make it feel like you weren't alone.

Maybe an hour later, you were almost completely dry, and your body had adjusted to the temperature. So, you decided to fix up dinner.

You decided to make Spaghetti.

Simple, but classy.

---

Jasper and Spinel walked in as you filled a pot with water, Spinel looked at the pot then realized what you were making,    "Oh, you making that weird noodle stuff!"    You nod, and Jasper leans over you to see,    "I see nothing but water."    You smile and place the pot on the stove; turning on the heat and letting it rest. You yawn and lean against the counter,    "I'll put in the noodles soon."    Jasper stood over the stove and watched the water. It did nothing.    "Nothing's happening."    You chuckle.    "You shouldn't watch it. Water never boils when you watch it."    Jasper scoffed and continued to watch anyways.

After a minute, Jasper perked up,    "It's doing something!"    You look over and sure enough, there were some small bubbles starting to form. You smile,    "Yup, but we should wait for it to heat up a little more, then-"    Jasper suddenly goes to touch the water- and you yelp; grabbing her arm to stop her,    "Don't touch it!"    Jasper looks at you, then the water,    "Why?"    You breathe a sigh of relief and pull her arm down,    "Because it could hurt you, badly."    Jasper wanted to complain, but you looked upset. She didn't like it when you looked upset, so she backed away. 

Spinel was smirking, and Jasper caught onto it, she frowned; annoyed,    "What? "    Spinel shrugged,    "Nothin. Just thought it was funny how you didn't have the guts to argue."    Jasper's face heats up in embarrassment,    "Shut up."    Spinel laughs and walks up to her,    "Chill, Beefcake, I was just teasing ya'."    Jasper grumbles.

She watches as Spinel walked to your side as you put some spaghetti noodles into the now boiling water. She wrapped her thin arms around your waist as she rested her head on your shoulder, the two of you began to happily talk, and shared some quick kisses.

Jasper had a burning feeling in her chest. She didn't know what it was, but she hated it. She felt mad that Spinel was able to give constant affection while she had to sit on the sidelines. Honestly, sometimes Jasper wanted to take you away from Spinel forever.. But when she saw your face.. She couldn't do it.. You just looked so happy with Spinel. You were so attached to her. Jasper didn't want to hurt you by taking you away so she could have you for herself. She couldn't do that.. you gave her hope, that maybe, Steven was right to save this excuse for a planet.

Jasper had to focus on you being happy, whether it meant Spinel was in the picture or not. So she watched in silence as the two of you talked.

---

Once the noodles were all in and cooking you pulled out some sauce and poured it into another (smaller) pot. Jasper looked over your shoulder,    "What's that?"    You slowly stir the sauce and tap your wooden spoon on the rim to get off any excess,    "It's tomato sauce for the spaghetti."    Jasper watches as you continue to stir. You notice her curious eyes, so you turn to her,    "You wanna try stirring it?"    Jasper suddenly flinches as she didn't expect you to offer anything. She looked at you with an intrigued look, so you handed her the spoon. Jasper looks at the spoon and then at the pot. She steps closer and stirs the contents. You clap,    "Great job!"    A subtle smirk traces Jaspers lips as she hears your proud voice. Spinel shrugs and claps after seeing how happy you were.

Now you tackled the M E A T B A L L S.

So you did. and you did it pretty quick; molding some meat into spheres, adding some herbs and spices and placing them in the oven.

---

Once everything is finished cooking, you put together 3 plates. You set them on the dining room table and let Spinel sit while you guided Jasper to her seat. When you were all seated, you gave a thumbs up and Spinel started eating, while you watched Jasper stare at her plate. She picked up her fork and looked over it, before attempting- and failing to hold it properly.   

"Uh, here."   You scoot closer and take her fork; spinning it and bringing the spiral of noodles to Jaspers mouth. She looked at it and cautiously opened her mouth. You feed it to her, and she ate it. You were surprised when she opened her mouth again, like a baby would when they want more. You grin seeing that she must have liked it, so you gave her more. You repeat that process until her plate was empty.

After dinner you cleaned and put Spinel to bed. She was pretty tuckered out. 

At least you thought she was...

----

"Okay, now you can get in."    

Jasper cramms herself into your vehicle and lets you buckle her in. It made you smile. 

It was almost like that one time you and Spinel went to the laundromat a full month ago. 

Once she was all set you turn on your car and get to driving. 

For a while it's completely silent, then surprisingly- Jasper initiates the conversation,    "So.. Are you and the Universe boy, friends?"    You chuckle and relax into your seat a little,    "Actually, we're so close that we go by brother and sister."    Jasper gives a perplexed expression,    "I have no idea what you're talking about."    You gasp and groan; feeling stupid,    "That's right! You don't know what siblings are.."    Jasper shakes her head, so you do your best to explain,    "Well, siblings are two people who were born and raised together  by parents."    Jasper still looks frustrated,    "What's wrong?"   Jasper leans back and grunts,    "I don't know what parents are."   You puff out your cheeks in frustration,    "Okay.. Well.. Parents are two lovers who decided to uh... Make another human. Yeah."    Jasper nods, seeming to understand now.

"So who made you two?"

You stammer in surprise,    "Oh! No, that's not.. We have different parents. We just grew very close to each-other and we address ourselves as brother and sister."    Jasper once again nods, and as if the world knew you wanted this conversation to end, you pulled up to Jaspers (rather dapper looking) hut that was just on the outskirts of the little Homeworld. 

It was fairly sized, and was likely made with leftover materials from the construction of little Homeworld, due to the short notice. But it still looked really nice. You park and get out with Jasper to escort her to her little home. 

As you stand at the door, you and Jasper just sort of look around awkwardly, You clear your throat,    "Well I guess I'll be going...!"    Jasper puts an arm in front of you,    "No. Don't go."    You look up at the gem in confusion.

-Jasper 3rd person pov-

She looked at those eyes. Those gorgeous sparkling eyes. She loved them. They were mesmerizing to her. Jasper loved it when she had your attention. You were something entirely new to her and she loved it. 

Suddenly Jasper's taken away from her thoughts by you waving a hand,    "You there Jasper?"    Jasper cleared her throat awkwardly,    "Yeah."

There it was again..

That warm feeling in her chest..

It didn't hurt..

It just felt..

Funny..

To say the least.

Then you look up at her again,    "Look I gotta go. Spinel will get worried and-....."

She blocked out whatever you said after that..

Spinel...

Spinel.

Spinel!

SPINEL!

Jaspers chest began to burn.

But not in the nice way it had before.

This one hurt, and it made her want to march back to your house and chase Spinel far away from you.

Don't get her wrong, Jasper started to enjoy Spinel around..

But in this moment, she hated the sound of you talking about that pink gem.

If only she could do something about her..

"Jasper?..

Jasper.

Jasper!"

She's brought back to reality by the worried face of the greatest human she'd ever met.

"Are you okay?"

Jasper nods and sighs; looking at her door.

"Look Jasper, I really gotta go."

--"I know."

Jasper frowns and turns back to you,    "Before you head out, can you do that 'hug' thing?"

She watches as your beautiful face spreads to a smile.    "Of course."

As you (try to) wrap your small arms around her frame, she feels the calm warmth return, but this time it also spreads to her face. 

As she holds you, she felt inclined to keep you like that and never let you leave, but now that she thought about it.. you'd probably get mad.

So when the two of you parted ways and said your goodbyes, Jasper felt a hint of dread fill her. But, she pushed it aside.. 

She had to be strong.. She had to be stern.. She had to be who she's always been.. She's Jasper.. And she's not going to let some weird feeling over a human rule her.

-back to the usual-

You laugh to yourself as you drive off, Jasper was so odd, but it was in the best way. You were excited for the day she'd be able to move back. You all could have sleepovers and do cool friend things. Maybe you could even teach her how to cook.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

---

You pull into your driveway-

And. You. Panic.

The door is wide open, and it looks like the house was torn apart.

You were guessing Spinel was freaking out because you left..

So you take a fearful breath knowing what was to come.

You turn off your car.

And start to head inside..

If you're still here, thank you so much for waiting. I worked very hard on this chapter, and I'm so incredibly proud of it. I wrote this chapter twice with different story lines, but didn't like how they were, so I rewrote this chapter over and over until I thought it was was perfect. I really wanted to go for quality over quantity so I've taken so long on this, but I hope you loved it as much as I did.

Now that this Chapter is out, new chapters will be published regularly again. I just really wanted to make this chapter the best it could be.

xoxo

- Mr. Clark Is Jerry?

OH BTW :

You're welcome!

It's an original, so please.

Enjoy It.

See you in the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 56 12
((Oh wow, I'm really challenging myself with this one.)) ⚠️May contain some triggering material, please read ⚠️ * 𝒮𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓍 𝒪𝒞 Ramona-Elizab...
26.7K 477 14
Since everyone else is doing it (or the majority), I'd figured I'd give it a shot. So this takes place a few months, possibly 6, after Spinel's attac...
5.3K 143 9
In the future, gems have a chance to find their true selves at Little Homeschool. One day, a gem arrives in Beach City and is set on serving her Dia...
3.8K 112 7
Spinel's newfound residence on Homeworld was certainly an upgrade from her 6,000 years of waiting in the garden. The Diamonds were starting to treat...