not just a pretty face [sasus...

By saccharinskies

i fell in love with a person, not just their pretty face ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "Tell me why you love me." "You're beautiful... More

one
zero
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
epilogue
a final note

twenty four

1.4K 64 26
By saccharinskies

S.H 

Sasuke Uchiha wiped his mouth as he finished the last of his coffee. He placed his mug down rather harshly, earning a few questioning looks from his mutual models. He only glared back in return, and then ignored Naruto's complaints.

To put it frankly, Sasuke was irritated.

A few minutes ago, the woman he loved made an awesome clap-back. He thought it was the comeback of the century. And he wanted to let Sakura know that, to hug her and praise her for being strong. 

It seems like other people had that idea, too. Sakura had been whisked away by the French girl called Camila or whatever. They were talking outside right now, Sakura with a shocked expression. 

Sasuke nearly stood up to get Sakura when another French girl, this one blonde, introduced herself to him and began babbling to him about feminism and Sakura and how great she was. Sasuke ignored her and ordered another coffee.

The girl frowned. "Are you listening to me?"

"Of course I am," Sasuke said sarcastically. 

"Oh, cool!" The girl's eyes lit up. "Can you ask Sakura for her autograph?"

"Look, Elise-"

"It's Eloise."

"Eloise, I don't really have the time to listen to you any longer-"

"Sure you do!" Eloise grinned. "Come sit next to me, and we can discuss how perfect Sakura looked in her last shoot!"

Well, this will be quite tiresome.

----------------------

S.H 

Their leader?

Sakura's mind was buzzing at she stared at the girl with hopeful eyes in front of her. She guessed that the group of women were active feminists, and she supported that, but leader? It sounded almost like a cult.

Sakura didn't even know Camille and Eloise that well, let alone the others. She decided only a minute ago that she was a feminist, and now's she expected to lead as one? She doesn't even know what feminists do most of the time. And now she's a leading feminist?

Why me?

"I mean, why not you?" Camille asked, eyes sparkling as if she had just read Sakura's mind. "You're a feminist, aren't you?"

"Yeah...but I don't even know-"

"Look," Camille stared at her directly. "My friends and I have been campaigning for years. But no one can hear us. We're just a bunch of silly French girls who supposedly spend our time in malls. But you have such a big following. If you make a stand, it will be sure to impact the world in time."

Sakura looked down. "I'm a model. Why would anything I say matter? I'm not even a proper model, I had to get plastic surgery to get here."

"You don't understand," Camille smiled. "If what you say doesn't matter, than how come that man before felt so cornered by your words? Sakura, you drove him out of the café without even using actions. And that was just a hater. If even haters feel affected by your words, then how will your fans feel?"

She's right.

She's right.

I can affect people.

I need to. 

-------------------------

S.U 

Sasuke shot to his feet as Sakura entered the doorway. A big smile as on her face as well as Camille's. They joined their respective groups, each one excitedly explaining the conversation they just had.

"So, I've agreed to lead their group," Sakura finished happily. An excited chatter broke out amidst the models, all in support of her choice. 

Sasuke was in awe. Sakura was truly a leader. Such a strong, passionate one. If she got any more awesome, Sasuke could fall in love with her. But he already is, isn't he?

He opened his mouth to praise her again, but his friends beat him to it. They all circled her, chiming in with ways they could help to and ideas in support of gender equality. 

Sasuke touched her wristed, and she smiled at him, "Hm?"

"I think-"

"Oh my gosh!" Eloise suddenly rushed over. "I cannot believe I will be working with Sakura Haruno!"

Sakura sent him an apologetic look as she went away to go talk with Eloise and Camille. Sasuke was getting increasingly more and more irritated, especially when his group of friends decided to go back to the hotel and he was in a different taxi to Sakura's. Even back at the hotel lobby he still couldn't voice his thoughts because Tsunade pulled the two back from the group to have separate conversations.

"How are things going with Sakura?" Tsunade whispered, her cheeks pink and her eyes bright from the champagne she had had previously in the day. The pinkette mentioned was on the other side of the lobby, chatting with Shizune.

Sasuke looked down. "Not very well."

"I guess even you have troubles with ladies sometimes," Tsunade laughed a little drunkenly. "Just don't be the stoic person you are. Loosen up, make her laugh, make her smile. Good luck!"

Sasuke took that as his cue to leave, and he went to the room. He took a shower, pondering over the ways to make Sakura fall in love with again. Rebuilding trust was an essential, he knew that. But what else?

He sighed and stepped out of the bathroom, fully dressed in his PJs. Sakura was on the bed watching Netflix, still dressed in her day clothes. When she noticed Sasuke's presence, she offered him a seat and said, "I'm sorry for not talking to you, you must've been wanting to say something since the café, right?"

"Yeah," Sasuke nodded, sitting next to her. "I just...I just think..."

He mentally cursed at himself. He had been waiting so long to tell Sakura that she was doing great, and now that it was happening he could barely say anything because of damn nerves.

It's so hard to talk with your crush, Sasuke inwardly complained as he turned his face away from her, fearing that Sakura would see the pinkness tainting his cheeks. 

"Do you think I shouldn't become leader?" Sakura said with a worried look. "Well, I did too, but then I realized that-"

"No!" Sasuke interrupted. "It's not that. It's..."

Say it, Sasuke.

"I think you're c-cool."

He could sense that he was blushing furiously and turned away, even more flustered. He heard a small giggle.

"Did you just stutter?" Sakura was laughing loudly now. She peered at Sasuke's nearly hidden face. "The man who's so smooth with ladies, who was flirting with me for the past few days just stuttered."

"S-Shut up!"

Sakura clutched her stomach. "And again!"

Her laughter ebbed away, and Sasuke stood still, his cheeks burning. Then he felt smooth hands squeeze his shoulder and he looked back into emerald eyes. Sakura whispered, "I think you're pretty damn cool too."

And then she kissed him on the cheek.

--------------------------

"Morning, sleepy head."

Sasuke opened his eyes only to see pure golden. He winced before groaning and waking up. The person who spoke only laughed gently. Sasuke turned in the direction to see a breathtaking sight.

The balcony doors were open, the translucent curtains flowing with the Paris breeze. The morning sun was shining brightly, illuminating the city of love before them. Pink hair floated gracefully, forest hues invitingly warm.

Despite his grogginess in comparison to her beauty, Sasuke stood up and walked next to Sakura. The balcony was beautiful, bouquets of scarlet and white pristine roses decorated the golden railings, all freshly watered and crisp to match the air.  

He glanced at her. She was dressed in an simple white bishop dress with flaring sleeves. She wasn't wearing any makeup, and the flowery perfume of sakuras emitted from her. She seemed so natural and alive.

"How?" he asked her. "It's only ten in the morning and you've already gotten ready looking gorgeous."

Her cheeks were dusted with pink. "I would've slept in until two, but a pigeon hit the window quite loudly. And as for the gorgeous part, I wouldn't say that that's true. All I did was get dressed."

"You look gorgeous compared to me," Sasuke pointed to himself. "I just woke up and I look dead inside."

Sakura laughed again. "Maybe a little. But I like your bedhead. It's cute."

"I hate it," Sasuke said, brushing his hair in an effort to keep it down.

"Well, you can't hate your bedhead that much considering you look the same with your usual hairstyle," Sakura grinned. "Duck-ass."

"Billboard brow."

"What are you, Ino?"

"Nah, I wish I had her stamina for time in bed, though."

They laughed together, their happiness ringing out joyously underneath all the Paris commotion. Sakura's stomach grumbled and they only laughed harder. "We should probably go downstairs for breakfast."

"Yeah," Sakura said sheepishly. "I'll wait for you."

Sasuke nodded and went into the bathroom to get ready. Fifteen minutes later the two took the elevator down to the lobby, Sasuke wearing black jeans with a white button-up shirt. Sakura glanced at her phone for the time as the two sat on the lobby's couch. "It's nearly ten thirty, the others should be here soon."

Ten thirty came and went, and it was ten forty when both Sasuke and Sakura got a message. Sasuke's message explained why each member of the boys couldn't come, and Sakura's for the girls.

"Shikamaru is going to buy a shogi set," Sasuke began listing, reading off his phone. "Sai is busy buying art supplies, Neji is getting his hair trimmed and Naruto is occupied with checking out Paris' ramen shops."

"The girls all said that they will be busy accompanying their boyfriends," Sakura narrowed her eyes, and exchanged suspicious looks with Sasuke. "Sounds sketchy."

"And fake," Sasuke agreed. It was obvious that Sakura and Sasuke were trying to be set up together. Maybe I should take this as an opportunity, Sasuke thought. An opportunity to get closer to Sakura. It won't be awkward, right? He stood up and shoved his phone into his pocket. "If no one else is coming we should get going to the brunch place."

"Eh?" Sakura blinked. "So we'll be going...by ourselves?"

"Yeah."

"Ok," mumbled Sakura, her cheeks pink as she smiled to herself. She stood up too. "It isn't too far from here, just a few streets down. I'll direct."

The two stepped out into a bustling Paris and began weaving their way through the city. They walked in comfortable silence, nudging each other whenever they saw something fascinating. Which was quite often. 

After fifteen minutes they arrived at a restaurant called, 'La Fleur', which Camille and Eloise had recommended yesterday. It was a beautiful restaurant, delicate and elegant, but also simple, grand in its own modest way. It seemed quite busy, and Sasuke was a little worried about Sakura would feel about it, but seemed happy. 

"This way," a waiter guided them, with a rather excited smile on his face. He led them outside, to a table underneath a veranda overlooking park. The warm sun shone down onto the lush grass. Willowy trees sprouted out, its leaves dancing in the wind. Laughter rung out from the children playing, their kites flying high in the sky. Several types of flowers were dotted throughout the park, some creeping to decorate their table.

"My name is Claude and I will be attending you today," the waiter introduced himself. "It is a pleasure, Sakura Haruno and Sasuke Uchiha. Regarding privacy, I won't leak your location. That would be plain creepy."

"Thank you, Claude," Sakura smiled. "It was also a pleasure to meet you."

Claude jotted down their orders before leaving with a wink, whispering, "What a cute date you two have."

Sasuke sat back, those words swirling in his head.

A cute date.

He smiled.

-----------------------

i changed the book cover again, i'm indecisive lol 

word count: 1939

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

678K 33.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
50.6K 1.4K 44
He enjoyed the view of Cherry Blossoms and how each petal gracefully fell...floating as if it was dancing in the wind to a silent song...ever since t...
30.7K 159 20
a collection of harry styles oneshots from my tumblr stylesharrys :) 🍒 - indicates smut
174K 6.3K 35
Uzumaki-Namikaze Naruto, the son of the Yondaime Hokage. ... That was a complete folly. Naruto was never related to the hokage or his wife. In fact...