Oh Brothers

By honestotter

"Something you want to ask me?" he asks, amused. "Nope," I pop the 'p' sound and don't even spare him a glan... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 part 1
Chapter 29 Part 2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 39 (again - different)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Sequel to Oh Brothers!

Chapter 44

12.6K 432 83
By honestotter

"Cole where are you taking me?" I ask as he holds open the car door for me.

"You finished your homework right?" he asks as I buckle myself in.

"Yes," I begin and I open my mouth to say more but he closes my door and walks around to his side. He climbs in.

"Well, I have a treat for you!" Cole exclaims and nods his head towards the tie.

I groan, "you cannot be serious, not again!"

"Yes again! This vehicle is not moving until the tie is around your eyes. I can wait all night," Cole crosses his arms and leans back.

I moan in protest and comply to his silly command.

I hear the car start and feel it moving.

"You are so getting blindfolded when it's your turn, chief."

"Anything for you princess," Cole cheekily smiles at me before he takes away my sight.

"How are you even real?" I half mutter to myself.

"I'd explain to you, but I think I'll just show you sometime in the future," Cole says. I feel my cheeks blush at his insinuation.

"Alright smarty pants," I quip.

He starts the car and starts driving away. He flicks on the radio and Taylor Swift's "Shake it off" blasts through the speakers.

Cole starts belting the lyrics at the top of his lung like he forgot I was there. I desperately want to see this so I pull off the tie and my breath hitches at the sight of him. He's so wonderfully alive.

I smile and join him. He flashes me a cheeky grin and we both finish the song, completely out of tune, but it feels like the best song I've ever sung.

When the song finishes we both burst out laughing.

Cole reaches his right hand out to me and laces it with my left hand.

"We're almost there, princess," he says.

"Why do you always call me princess?" I ask, curious.

Cole chuckles, "Ask me again in six months."

I frown, "Why won't you answer me know?"

"Now's not the time. Are you going to put your blind- ah forget it we're here."

I look away from Cole and see we're in a parking lot. Cole reaches over and unbuckles my belt.

My breath hitches at his close proximity and he grins. He closes the few inches between us and kisses me once again.

I could kiss him forever and not get enough. He pulls back and leans his forehead against mine.

"Ready, babe?" Cole asks.

I pull away from his slightly to regain conscious thought.

"Born ready," I reply, even though I have no idea where he's taking me. Cole jumps out of the car and runs around to open my door for me. He closes the door for me as well and entwined his fingers in mine.

We walk in comfortable silence to the door which appears to be at the back of the building. Cole tugs the door open and I follow him inside.

He pulls me to an abrupt half and raises a finger to his lips, as a signal to a quiet. I nod my head and follow him in. There's a long dimly lit hallway and then we make a sharp right turn which leads to another hallway with a set of double doors.

Cole opens the doors and lets me in first. I forget how to breathe as I take in my surroundings. It's a theatre. The stage is ornately carved in golden colors and velvet curtains adorn the sides of the stage. The theatre must hold a thousand seats.

I exchange glances with Cole and I'm glad to see that he shares my excitement. I turn back around and focus on the stage itself.

It's a cast at rehearsal, but for what? Suddenly a person comes flying through the house. Literally. I glance around at the half finished ship and the crocodile puppet in the corner of the theatre. I turn around to face Cole.

"They're doing Peter Pan?" I whisper to him.

He nods his head, "their rehearsal ends in five minutes and I have scheduled it so you and I can fly today, Ara."

I quit. I can't deal with how amazing Cole is. There's gotta be something wrong with him, I don't buy it. How did I get so lucky?

I kiss him and he automatically wraps his arms around my waist. I reach my hands up to fiddle with his soft hair. He reaches up an entangles his hands in mine. I drop my hands to his shoulders and pull back.

I love the affect I have on him. I smile at him and my smile widens when he responds with a smile of his own.

We sit in the back of the auditorium of
the next couple of minutes. I encompass Cole's hand with both of my own and play with it. Running over each rough and soft part. His hands are tough but soft. Just like him.

Cole's POV
I watch her face as she plays with my hand. It sends tingles up and down my arm. She looks so engrossed with whatever she's doing, even if it's just playing with my hand. It's hard not to be enchanted with her.

I lean into my chair and continue to admire every inch of her. She's so incredibly beautiful. She looks up at me and smiles, making a mess of me inside.

I glance around the theatre and see the cast packing up to leave. Any minute now they'll come get us. I was so nervous planning out this date. it was our first official date, one I knew we'd both never forget , although I doubt I'll ever forget a second I spend with Ara.

I had asked Carter for suggestions and he said Ara adored bowling, even though she was terrible at it. I was going to take her there then I came across a poster advertising this show. All I has to do was mention my dad's name and we were in. That's pretty much all he's been good for.

I also really wanted Ara to be able to see David again. She's totally amazed by that little boy and so am I. If we ever have kids I'm sure they'll be just like him. I used to resent the idea of ever having kids, but if I'm still with Ara in ten years... she'd make an incredible mother.

The flying instructor starts making his way over to us and I nudge Ara to get her attention. She looks up and excitedly stands. I wanted to be able to do something with her that no other guy could do for her. She has a lot of them in her life, but I want to be significant.

The instructor goes through the safety instructions and I pay close attention to what he's saying. Ara's so damn clumsy. It's adorable but incredibly nerve wracking. I have his haunting image of Ara not paying attention to where she's going and accidentally down a cliff. I originally wanted to take her to this beautiful view of the city about an hour or so away, but it involved a cliff and I didn't want to take any chances.

Ara is practically jumping up and down. The instructor starts walking towards the stage and Ara grabs my hand and pulls me down to the stage.

The stage is so beautiful. Maybe I can get her to sing for us.

"Wait," I pull them back. They look at me in confusion.

"Ara, will you sing for us?" I ask. Ara glances around looking quite flustered.

"What?" she asks, shyly, glancing at the instructor Donald.

"You don't mind do you?" I ask him. Donald shrugs.

"Nope, I get it, it's a beautiful stage, people dream of singing on this stage, if I could sing, I'd totally sing on that stage everyday," Donald sits down in the front row. I smile at him in appreciation and then turn to Ara.

"So, will you?" I ask.

Ara glances around the theatre and sassily places her hands on her hips. She sighs and moans, "Alright, fine, you win."

She mounts the stage and stands in the center. I take my seat beside Donald.

"You'll never believe your ears, my girl can sing better than you can imagine," I proudly boast to him.

Donald nods his head and leans forward to listen. I love hearing her sing, it's the same way I know she gets about my art. The feeling of pride and awe.

She opens her mouth and feelings and experiences fly out. I'm captivated by her and I barely register what she's singing. Then I hear it.

She's singing I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. My heart swells as my eyes meet hers. This girl is driving me crazy.

I glance around and see the theatre start to fill as people hear her and wish to hear more. She's just been born with such immense skill and natural talent, she pulls anyone in.

She finishes the song and I'm up on my feet cheering. Everyone in the room starts cheering and clapping and whistling.

Ara was wrong. Music and singing is her calling. I think she's just scared to admit it. I'm determined now to let her find it.

I can't contain myself. I run on stage and give her the biggest kiss, I even dip her. I hear the audience coo and aww behind me but I drown them out and just feel her.

Ara's POV

Coles kiss is more exhilarating than the cheers from the crowd that gathered. We break the kiss and look at each other.

"Thanks," I whisper and catch what I said. I just thanked him for a kiss. Mortified, I blush and want to look away but his eyes hold mine. He gives me his signature smirk that I love so much because it's so him.

"Anytime, my dear lady," He responds.

Donald, who's so nice, claps and I look at him.

"That was amazing Ara, your boy was right," Donald exclaims. I glance at Cole who just nods his head.

"So, are you ready to fly?"

Donald straps us to this slightly uncomfortable harnesses and I hold on to Cole's hands as we're hoisted up.

Fear bubbles inside of me but Cole squeezes my hand and it disappears.

We spend the next hour soaring through the air above the seats and stage. Cole shows off and does fancy flips and crap. I just like bouncing from the walls.

This date has been perfect. Literal perfection. I'm so lucky. I can't believe he made me sing but it gave me another chance to express to him what I was feeling for him in words better than I could have mustered.

Once time is up we glide back to the floor and thank Donald for the most amazing lesson.

Cole stops for ice cream on the at home and we talk about our favorite musicals on the way.

Cole walks me back to my room. The lights in the whole house are dim because it's practically 11 o clock on a school night.

We stop in front of my door. I entwine my hands in each of his.

"This night was incredible, thank you," I thank him.

"I've been hearing an awful lot of gratitude from you tonight," Cole tease. I avert my eyes.

"Oh, shut up," I bring my eyes back to his face because I never seem to be able to look away for long amount of time.

"I had an amazing time tonight too," he softly kisses my forehead and starts walking away. I turn to my door and start to open it.

"Oh and Ara?" he calls, I turn back to look at him, "I'm yours."

I smile at his retreating figure and step into my room. I'm surprised to see Carter lounging on my bed in his pajamas with his laptop.

He looks up when I close the door.

"We haven't had a sleepover in a long time, I want to catch up," He smiles and glances back at his laptop as if he hadn't said anything.

I roll my eyes at him but internally melt at the sweet gesture.

"Alright let me get ready for bed and we'll talk!"

I grab my pajamas and head to the bathroom. When I exit the laptop is gone and Carter's under the covers. I plug my phone in to charge and Carter throws his charger at me and asks me to do the same for him. I turn off the lights and run to the bed.

We spend and hour talking about the date and football practice and everything feels right.

My last conscious thought is that everything, for once in my life, seems alright.

THANKS FOR READING LOVES!!!!

I am sooooo incredibly sorry about the late update. I'm going to try and be better!! Life just got hella crazy. I love you all and to the new readers, welcome. We've actually still got a ways to go but the end is starting to formulate.

I LOVE YOU ALL. THANKS!

Unedited, obviously.

Votes and comments are very much appreciated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 7.6K 47
The secret. the divorce. Suicidal. Weak. Brother. Jordan. Trent. Mom. Father. All these things...explain Skylar Lynn Alfaro's life. Sky hasn't seen...
458K 10.7K 38
"I can't do it" I said "Come on baby you have to learn to fight for when I'm not here anymore, I won't be here to protect you" she said I turned to h...
1.2K 53 13
Arabella Lila Romano A name given to her. A name so powerful to make even the strongest fear. The only daughter of Armando Romano. The Italian mafia...
38.2M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...