Farthest North -CountryHumans...

By DatFandomGirl1

America was going to go about his day like it was any other, nothing could possibly go wrong... until his fam... More

A Small Description
You Have Mail
49th State Rebellion
There's no Place Like Home
Imported Friendship, Exported Trust
Diary of a Young Girl
Old Grudges, New Friends
Value
Bitter Sweet
Desperate
Cinderella Didn't Run
The Second Meeting
She's Fine
He's Fine
They're Not Fine...
Imaginary Friends
Like Father Like Son
Familiar Embraces
Pick and Choose
Weg
Brainwashed
Betrayal
Here to Help
Country-Hood
His House
Code-name Chi-laska
All Grown up

The Boroughs

195 4 0
By DatFandomGirl1

         "Twenty one?" America cleared with the woman in front of him, who brought him a cup of lemon water, a couple ice cubes keeping it cool. Alaska nodded.

         "Twenty one," she confirmed, "They came in order of what was decided, which didn't take long, I just kept them as the usual Boroughs. It worked when I was a State, why wouldn't it now?" 

     The United Boroughs of Alaska, or UBA, were twenty one in total. America was elated when he found out his little girl now had kids, and her house, originally a one bedroom cabin, transformed into what seemed like a military base, much to everyone's surprise. When those closest ran to Alaska's aid, thinking something was wrong (like a Country's military uniform, their house can morph into what is needed at any point in time), they were surprised to hear laughing, even more so to find that the new found Boroughs loved the change the house took to accommodate them. Alaska speculated it was because of the summer months, and that the house would most likely change once winter hit.

         "So where are the little ones now?" America smiled widely.

         "They're playing on the training course out back," she chuckled, "I will warn you, Anchorage is a bit of a hell-raiser, most everyone else is pretty mellow. But don't make Fairbanks angry, she's one to voice her opinion, and she's usually right, also very good at research. The twins, East and West Aleutians can't be separated in any way, be it picking one up or pinching the others cheek. Do that and they'll for sure think you hate either of them."

         "Why's that?" he questioned, a brow raised. Sure twins thought the other should get the same attention but to that extreme?

         "World War Two," she said, and America paled. They were just now created and they remember things like that? "Neither want to be neglected," another stab at America's guilt, though unintentional, "They don't want to feel unimportant, or to far out of reach again."

The patriot cringed, but the conversation was abruptly ended by the sound of the back door slamming open.

         "Mama, Anchorage kicked Yaku off the monkey bars!"

         "Yaku?" America chuckled, and Alaska sighed.

         "That's Yakutat," she explained, "she's a bit slow, which is why Anchorage picks on her. I'm coming!"

The two followed the little Borough out, finding two unmarked Boroughs trying to keep who America guessed to be Anchorage from running to the door, most likely trying to pummel the Borough who just tattled. His flag held a blue anchor, with a yellow background, and yellow ships on a circular white backdrop.

         "Anchorage," she scolded, and the two others let go, "This is the third time today."

         "She was going to slow," the boy mumbled, wearing a leather jacket, ripped jeans and smelled of cigarette smoke, though he hadn't even touched one.

         "We let her take her time," she shook her head, "You now she has the least population out of all of you, that makes her slower, not as lively, but proficient. She has never fallen unless you throw her off. Go to your room until I tell you otherwise."

The Borough stormed off, the others quiet as they helped their sister.

         "Poor dear," Alaska sighed, "His population is past it's capacity, and has the most dangerous city on my land..."

         "Why not expand the city's boundaries?" America asked.

         "Because it's surrounded by mountains," one of the boys explained, "If the city grew anymore there'd have to be a major haul through or onto the entire Alaska Range."

         "Now which one are you?" America asked, "Are you Fairbanks?"

         "That's me," the girl who tattled laughed.

         "I'm Matanuska-Sasitna!" the unmarked Borough laughed as well, pointing at himself, "But you can call me Mat for short!"

         "Well, I'm starting to get to know you all, but do you all know who I am?" America bent to his knees, pointing a thumb to his chest.

         "Of course!" The twenty children in front of him guffawed before tackling the Country to the ground in a million pint-sized hugs.

     Now it became known that summer was harsh to all of them as well. Each Borough shared the sharp teeth of their mother figure. Brazil described them as a swarm of piranhas, much to their disliking. The 21 children loved their grandfather though, the Aluetian Twins warming up to him after awhile. Faribanks and Juneau had a lengthy talk with their step-grandfather when he mistook the knowledgable girl as the capitol of Alaska, the actual capital being Juneau, her brother (though the word 'capital' was plainly seen on his flag). The only one who didn't seem to have a problem with the group of odd ducks, was China, who came to greet them regularly, arranging play-dates with his Provinces, who all enjoyed staying overnight with the Boroughs if they could.

         "Mom I want a katana!"

         "Anchorage," she sighed, halting in the cutting of several carrots for the little ones, "You've asked me this a million times, and what has my answer been?"

He mumbled an indignant 'no' as he glared at his foot, digging a hole in the lenolyum floor.

         "Exactly, now, are you going to ask me again, or, are you going to be good so you can play with China's Provinces the rest of the day?"

He huffed before going back to play outside with the others.

The man sitting at the dinner table chuckled.

         "And you were worried you couldn't parent."

         "You're the one who gave me advice," she shook her head with an amused, pointy smile, "I've just followed along and gave it my own spin. That and went off the best examples of what not to do."

They both laughed, until someone screamed outside, and both went running to see who it was. 

     Fearing the worst, Alaska counted her Boroughs, finding all 21. China ordered for his Provinces to line up, and all came to a perfect line. They looked at each other, confused.

         "Who screamed?" China questioned, but the children only shrugged.

         "Wait..." Alaska thought, beginning to pace, "Did someone let the lynx out?"

The Boroughs stared at Anchorage, who whistled as he examined the blue sky.

--------------------

The Alaskan Boroughs -

East and West Aleutians-the twins (No flag)

Anchorage (Flag below)

Bristol Bay Borough (No flag)

Denali Borough (No flag)

Fairbanks North Star Borough (No flag)

Haines Borough (No flag)

Juneau  (Flag below)

Kenai Penisula Borough (No flag)

Ketchikan Gateway Borough (No flag)

Kodiak Island Borough (No flag)

Lake and Peninsula Borough (No flag)

Matanuska-Sasitna Borough (No flag)

North Slope Borough (No flag)

Northwest Arctic Borough (No flag)

Petersburg Borough (No flag)

Sitka (Flag below)

Skagway (No flag)

Unorganized Borough (No flag)

Wrangell (Flag bellow)

Yakutat (No flag)

I do realize there are more Boroughs but I kept it to these 21 misfits, knowing the Unorganized Borough is literally a clump of smaller Boroughs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 60 44
After the Korean War and after Russia and America brake up the two Korean brothers North Korea goes away for at least 50 years. When he returns to th...
64.6K 2.6K 52
After WW2 Germany is seen as a monster. Because of him, Prussia was dissolved and is forced to live with Russia. Because of him, millions died and ma...
40.6K 769 20
Go read The Chrononauts by @KRE4TIVE America has 51 (psychotic) children to take care of and the only other person that knows is his half, Confederat...
40.7K 565 14
Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx The Year is 2043, and the World has been the most peaceful, ever since the United States left NATO. They left...