Mew Gulf Sweethearts (Complet...

By rendezvouswithlove

This story involves around the life of a successful cunning boss Mew, who's lived a lone motherless life and... More

Thank you!
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Seven

3.7K 245 17
By rendezvouswithlove

Gulf was surprised to see Mew there. Surprised would be an underrated word. He was shocked rather. Shocked to see this side of Mew. He was totally lost in Mew's expressions. Mew was too engrossed in playing drums, he did not notice a new emerging fan of his. The way he was focused on every beat, the way he enjoyed playing the drums, like there was nothing best out there. Gulf slowly marched up to the band and sat right in front of Mew, unnoticed. The other guests were all focused on the couple's dance performance, while Gulf's entire attention was on Mew, who at this time was not his boss, but someone who's break free the shackles of his painful past.

Once the song was over, the couple thanked the audience and the band for such a lovely and lively song. Mew was clapping when suddenly his eyes swept to the person right in front who was looking at him unperturbed. Mew was surprised to see Gulf there. Yet keeping his professional demeanor he smiled back at Gulf. Gulf could feel butterflies in stomach, his heart was beating faster.

Mild took over the stage and asked the couple to share their part of the story. The audience gasped and awed at every pause, while Gulf and Mew were lost in each other. When the applaud completed, Gulf was shaken by his mom Phon.

"Son, c'mon. I need your help in distributing the return gifts to the guests." Phon called him.

He nodded and went after her. Mew eyes followed until they could. Tay turned towards him and smirked. He smirked back. Tay signaled him to go and talk to him since they were to wrap up now. Mew declined and got remained seated in his place. Tay sighed and got back to his position. Mew called him again and whispered something.

Tay took the mike and announced.

"Ladies and gentlemen, as we close for the evening, with the permission of the couple standing here, we'd like to dedicate this song to everyone out there who's in love, who might fall in love and who is waiting for love."

There was applause and then they started.

"But this song will be sung by our very talented singer, Mew. Please welcome him with a huge applause."

Gulf immediately froze in his place. He didn't even dare to turn around, yet his ears were focused on every sound when Mew got up from his seat, walked up to the mike and cleared his throat. There would be no background music, just his voice.

"Please turn around." He said before beginning the song. He didn't call out anyone, but Gulf knew that command was for him. So, he turned around. His heart was beating faster when he saw Mew's eyes stuck on him. Mew began his song.

There's a calm surrender

To the rush of day

When the heat of a rolling wave

Can be turned away

An enchanted moment

And it sees me through

It's enough for this restless warrior

Just to be with you

And can you feel the love tonight?

It is where we are

It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer

That we've got this far

And can you feel the love tonight? (Tonight)

How it's laid to rest?

It's enough to make kings and vagabonds

Believe the very best

There's a time for everyone

If they only learn

That the twisting kaleidoscope

Moves us all in turn

There's a rhyme and reason

To the wild outdoors

When the heart of this star-crossed voyager

Beats in time with yours

And can you feel the love tonight? (Tonight)

It is where we are

It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer

That we've got this far

And can you feel the love tonight? (Tonight)

How it's laid to rest?

It's enough to make kings and vagabonds

Believe the very best

It's enough to make kings and vagabonds

Believe the very best

- By Elton John.

When Mew sang this song, there were flashbacks running in Gulf's mind. He had heard this song before. When he was a child, there was a boy who'd sing this song for him. After that, it had become one of his favorite songs. Even today, when he'd feel low, this song helped him sooth as it brought those memories where he'd play with that boy for hours. But it also brought tears, as one day that boy had vanished, and he never came back. He was very small then. He does not remember how that boy looked like, but he remembers him. He was on the verge of breaking down, when he realized where he was. He cut the eye contact and walked away.

Mew was startled with this sudden change in Gulf, but he continued with his song. Gulf was leaning on a wall at the backyard, letting the tears flow on their own. He wiped his tears when he heard footsteps. He knew who it would be.

"I knew you'd be here." Boat spoke. "Mild and I were worried when we heard that song. He's winding up the evening, so I came."

Gulf smiled. "I am fine. I wasn't expecting it. I don't know, I have heard that song several times, yet that voice resounded something."

"Do you think it's him?" Boat asked.

"I don't know. I don't remember his face." Gulf answered.

Then they heard Mew speaking.

"Thank you for listening to me. I dedicate this song to special someone. That someone whom I met when I was very young, who changed my life and helped me see positivity in life. This is our special song. I hope that person remembers me."

Gulf was astonished. His eyes widened, his face was pale as though the blood had forgotten to run, his heart was beating faster. How could this be? Is it really him? But how? There were so many questions running in his mind. Boat held his hand and they ran back. Mew and his team were packing their stuff and before Gulf could walk up to him, his mother ordered him and Boat to help the couple thank the guests, pack their gifts and upload them in their car.

Perth was trying to find some time so that he could talk to Saint, but what would he talk about? They didn't share anything in common to discuss. Saint sat with his brothers and kept looking at Perth and smiled. He felt uneasy whenever he saw Perth's expressions. He felt like Perth wanted to say something, yet he held back.

Kenji and Yacht were watching the entire scenario. They knew their friend has fallen into the danger zone. While Yacht was thinking on how to tease Perth, Kenji on the other hand was worried for Perth. What if he too falls victim?

The band members were relishing the desert Phon had prepared especially for them. By the time Gulf was done with the work, the band members had already left. Dejected and confused, he sat outside the café. Everybody had left for home, he stayed back to close the café. Also, he needed some time alone to figure out what had just happened. He closed the café and was about to turn back when he felt someone's presence behind him.

"I was waiting for you to finish up." Mew said.

Gulf turned and saw Mew smiling at him.

"I thought you left." Gulf said.

"I thought it wise to first talk to you." Mew replied. "Why did you run away, Gulf?" Mew asked. Gulf knew what he was asking about. He sighed.

"I just remembered something." Gulf spoke.

"About what?" Mew asked.

Gulf sighed again and sat on a bench outside. "Well there was one boy I had met when I was young. I was kind of upset at my parents that evening. After Perth was born, I felt that they had ignored me. I was quite mischievous and short tempered. There was something I was angry about and left the house and sat alone near the railway track. Often, boys would come and play in that area. It was an abandoned track. I sat there angrily waiting for my dad to come after me. It was quite some time and when he didn't come it made me more upset. But then, I heard someone crying. I walked towards the voice. A boy, quite elder to me, was sitting alone near a tree and was crying. I walked up to him. I don't exactly remember why he was crying, but I think he was upset with his parents too. We had the same issue, I guess."

Mew chuckled at this. Gulf looked up to him. Then he continued.

"I used to meet him there every day. We'd play and he was good at singing. He'd sing this song for me. He promised he'd meet me every day. Then suddenly, he stopped coming there. I went quite many days there, but he wouldn't come. I came back home crying. My dad told me that I almost fainted due to excess of crying. I think they realized that I felt ignored, so my dad started paying attention to me. Things went fine after that, but I missed him very much. And the song you sang today reminded me of him."

Mew sat next to him.

"I am sorry to have caused it. I didn't mean to."

"No, it's not your fault." Gulf answered. He was thinking something, while Mew was looking at him smilingly.

"You said the song is for someone? Did that person come today?" Gulf asked.

Mew sighed. "Yeah. He did. Apparently, he doesn't remember me. I thought he would after hearing it." Mew brushed his shoulders with Gulf's.

"Is it you?" Gulf asked innocently.

Mew smiled and nodded his head. Gulf squealed in joy and wrapped his hands around Mew's neck and pulled him into his embrace.

"Oh my God. You recognized me?" Gulf asked again. Mew was chocking in Gulf's squeeze. He patted Gulf's hand to release him. Realizing that he had become too excited, Gulf released him.
"Oh, sorry!" He apologized.

Mew coughed a little. "Yes, I recognized you when I saw your pic in the resume." Gulf was surprised. He wanted to ask. "No, you were hired based on your merit." Mew answered before hand.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Gulf asked again looking annoyed. Mew was enjoying these changes of expressions in Gulf. How he had missed all this.

"I wanted you to realize on your own." Mew answered.

"I was too young then. How could I remember your face?" Gulf pouted. Mew chucked and pulled his cheeks.

"Well, you do now." He answered.

Gulf was very happy. Mew offered him ride to his house. Gulf asked him many questions. Like why he never came back.

"I was living with my grandpa then. After that, I left with my dad to his house. And it was quite far from here. I did come back when I grew a bit older, to those tracks to see if I could meet you again. But I never found you there."

"Yeah. We shifted to another house that's near my mom's café. I too went whenever I could find a chance to see if you'd come there. But you never did." Gulf replied with some sadness.

Mew shuffled Gulf's hair. "We've met now, haven't we?" Gulf nodded.

Mew wanted to say more, that he had fallen in love with Gulf the moment he saw him during the interview. Mew had not taken his interview, but he had seen him from afar. When he saw Gulf sitting there quietly, he wondered if he was the same Gulf he had met then. He was very optimistic and lively. But now, he had grown into a very silent young man. Mew immediately wanted to go and pull him into his embrace. He had missed him so much. Yet he sat there, waiting for the interview to be completed and get the result if Gulf would join him. When Gulf cleared the interview, Mew was more than happy he had ever been in his entire life. Like he had found a fresh air to breathe, like he wanted to jump out of joy and take Gulf in his arms. He refrained from all this while Gulf was preparing to join the company.

They reached Gulf's house.

"Do you want to come in?" Gulf asked him.

Mew looked at him. His fingers moved to caress Gulf's cheeks. He smiled; his eyes were sparkling with warmth. He didn't want to let him go. But he had to.

"Some other time. You need to rest." He replied.

Gulf nodded. "Good night then."

"Good night." Mew answered.

When Gulf reached his room, he jumped in joy. The first thing he did was call Boat to tell him that he was indeed Mew. Boat was quite happy to hear it. But there was something Boat wanted to tell him too.

"Um Gulf. I told him." Boat said.

"Oh finally. So, what did he say?" Gulf asked.

"Well, he didn't say yes but he didn't say no also. He asked for some time." Boat answered.

"Time? What time does that stupid ass need for?" Gulf said.

"Gulf." Boat warned softly.

Gulf laughed. "Possessive much. Okay. Okay. But before that you both are my buddies, so am not gonna change my tone with both of you. Deal with it."

Boat sighed. "Yeah I know...um...so what should I do?" he asked.

"I think it would be stupid to wait for him to come around. He won't. He'll keep ignoring it." Gulf thought. "I have an idea."

"What?" Boat asked.

"Well, you need change your tactics now. You cannot behave like his friend anymore. Show more assertions, that you are serious about him. Maybe act like a boyfriend. Take him out on dates and all. Try to show your love for him, else he'll just forget it." Gulf instructed him.

"Hmm...okay. I will try." Boat answered.

They talked about the event and few things about Mild. Boat told him how he was about to get a kiss from Mild and suddenly were interrupted by Kenji and Ubon. Gulf was laughing at Boat's dejected voice.

After settling down to sleep, he received a message.

Do you want to hang out tomorrow?

Hang out? With Mew? Gulf was still thinking.

I can understand if you are tired. I was wondering if you'd go out for a movie with me.

Gulf didn't have any plans otherwise.

Okay. I'll go.

He answered.

Mew sent him a happy smiley. Gulf chuckled at it and went to sleep.

In the night Gulf saw a dream. He was walking when he saw a small boy sitting near a tree, his head bent on his hands that were wrapped around his knees. He was crying. Gulf walked up to him.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

"No body loves me." The boy answered crying.

Gulf was worried. He cupped the boy's wet cheeks. "I will love you." He said.

"Promise?" The boy asked.

"I promise." Gulf answered. The boy smiled and suddenly, the boy turned into Mew who was looking at him lovingly. Gulf immediately woke up from his dream. His heart was beating faster. He had seen this dream often, but it was the first time the boy had transformed into Mew.

He smiled shyly, pulled his covers and went backto sleep again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.1K 3.5K 15
Mew is 3 years elder than Gulf. It was a senior junior fight that created enmity between them. Three years later when Mew was running his parents' en...
128K 6.9K 45
Gulf, drunk out of his wits, had a one night stand with a complete stranger. However, as much as he wants to forget about it, he never knew that the...
128K 5.5K 12
Mew and Gulf were inseparable growing up. They were not just best friends, they were each other's family. But one day after a little argument Gulf m...
201K 13.6K 40
Gulf Kanawut is married to one of his cousins and he gave his everything to make his marriage work but no matter what he do his husband never gets sa...