Sydney King {COMPLETED}

By RoyceSteele

This is Book 1 of 4. Sydney King is trying to balance being the daughter of a Pastor while also trying to cat... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
The Story Continues

CHAPTER 5

123 10 62
By RoyceSteele

Our football team won the playoffs and was headed to the state championship game. Typically such an occasion would result in a party at Daniel's but it was Thanksgiving break and most had familial obligations. I was laying in my bed reading over SparkNotes for my English test when my phone rung. It was Kevin. I debated answering. But something made me swipe and answer.

"Hello." I answered.

"I'm coming over. Text me your address." He stated. This was my chance to end things with him. My conscience was beginning to catch up with me and I had been avoiding him the last couple weeks.

"Okay..." He was tapping on my window around one a.m. I opened the window and stepped back as he climbed through. He immediately pulled me close pressing his lips to mine. I pulled back quickly, "Kevin wait..." I said as I sat down on my bed.

"Maybe we shouldn't do this anymore." I told him as he sat down beside me.

"Sydney...Has Danny told you he loves you yet?" He asked.

"No..."

"Good, I want to be the only one telling you... I think I love you Sydney." He said holding my face in his hand. I knew he was lying, but he sparked a thought in my head. Why hadn't Daniel told me he loved me yet. Lying or not at least Kevin valued me enough to say it before getting in my pants. My thoughts were interrupted by his lips capturing mine.

"Kevin, I don't know about this." I said as I pulled back again.

"You've been flirting and teasing me for months. You let me come through tonight. Why would you do all that if you ain't want to fuck?" He questioned. I didn't respond.

"Don't be a tease Sydney. You're better than that." He stated before pulling me close again. And I didn't stop him anymore that night.

By the time the holiday ended and Monday rolled around I was dreading going to school. I just didn't want to go. I don't know why. Maybe because I didn't want to see Soraya knowing I had done what I did. I felt like trash. As soon as Kevin left that night I was overwhelmed with the feeling of guilt. I didn't even enjoy the sex. But I got up anyways and made myself look amazing.

"Sydney, are you okay?" Sicily asked me as we stood at our lockers.

"I'm fine Sicily." I told her.

"No you're not, my twin radar is going crazy." She half-joked.

"Sicily I'm fine. I'm just tired. I'll see you later." I said and made my way towards the senior hallway.

"SYDNEY KING!" Soraya yelled as I entered the hall. I froze as she approached.

"How could you?" She asked as she reached me. I couldn't answer. I just stared. I couldn't believe she found out.

"Don't look at me like you don't know what I'm talking about. How have we still not talked about all the details from Daniel's birthday? How was it? How are you feeling? Are ya doing it like rabbits now?" She asked linking arms with me. I smiled in relief.

"Sorry, the game and Thanksgiving had me distracted." I explained.

"Hey Syd." Daniel greeted kissing me and wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"We'll talk at lunch." I told Soraya, happy for the escape with Daniel.

"So are we still on for this afternoon?" Nathan whispered to me in class.

"Oh my gosh I completely forgot, but yea we can totally finish up tonight. After practice, meet me in the library. I don't think my father wants you back, or any guy for that matter." I told him with a smile. Truthfully, I just wanted to keep men out of my space for a while.

"If only your father knew the truth." He laughed. I shrugged. Talking to Nathan put me in a much better mood. Our conversations were so easy.

"So are you gonna tell me what's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm okay..." I told him.

"Yea, you're okay, but you're not perky cheerleader Sydney. You're still sexy as fuck but not perky." He explained.

I smiled at him. "Well thank you for letting me know my appearance hasn't taken a hit. Really though, I'll be fine."

I assured him as class ended. Daniel was waiting for me as I exited the room with Nathan, who didn't hide his dislike for Daniel as he passed.

"Hey." I greeted him with a kiss.

"You feeling alright?" He asked.

"Yea I'm fine." I told him.

"Okay... I gotta get to class. I just wanted to check on you. Text me if you need anything, anything at all." He said as we stopped outside my next class.

"Okay." I nodded.

"I mean it bae, I got you." He finished leaving a kiss on my forehead before walking off. Daniel really is a sweet guy. Which made me feel even worse about the things I'd done with Kevin.

"OUCH!" Erupted from multiple girls as I fell out of a stunt for the fourth time.

"What the fuck Sydney. We've done this stunt plenty of times. This shit is basic." Soraya exclaimed as we got back on our feet.

"I'm sorry. I guess I'm just off today." I explained.

"Let's do it again." She instructed. "1, 2, 3, 4, hold it, 7, 8, 1, 2, hit... DAMN IT!" Soraya yelled as I fell again.

"I'm sorry." I said again.

"This isn't just for the state championship game. We need to be ready for competition in February too. You know what you're dismissed. Come back when your head is in the game." She decided. I sighed and grabbed my bag before walking out the gym.

"Sydney..." I stopped mid-step at the sound of his voice.

"What's wrong girl?" Kevin asked.

"Nothing..." I said as I continued to walk.

"Wait...wait." He caught up to me grabbing my waist and pulling me back.

"Kevin, please, I'm not in the mood." I said as I tried to pull out his arms.

"I can always put you in the mood..." He stated as he pressed me against the wall and moved his lips to my neck.

"Kevin, get off...please." I begged as I pushed at him. He pulled back.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"What's wrong? You have a girlfriend Kevin!" I exclaimed but quickly remembered where I was.

"The same girlfriend I had when you was fucking me. So what's changed?" He asked.

"I just don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to cheat on Daniel. I don't want to go behind Soraya's back. I don't want to deal with you anymore." I explained.

"Do I get one last time?" He asked his hands already on my body, pushing me towards the girls locker room.

"Kevin, stop! I didn't even want the first time." I said while pushing him away.

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?" He questioned, raising his voice slightly.

"It means ... I need you to fall back. I'm good off you, for real." I told him.

"Alright, whatever you want Sydney." He smirked and walked the other way. In that moment I realized I was just a game for him. If it wasn't me, it'd be some other girl.

I didn't bother to change; I headed straight for the library to meet Nathan.

"You don't look any happier." He noted as I approached. I didn't miss his eyes scan my body.

"I'm not. Where are we?" I asked turning the computer monitor more towards me. We worked for the next few hours.

"There, all done." He said as the pages came out the printer.

"We really do make a great team." I said as we collected our belongings.

"I'm just glad you're not a stupid cheerleader." He laughed as we walked out to his car. I laughed. "There's that smile I haven't seen all day." He noted.

"It's been a rough day." I shrugged.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"No, it's okay." I said.

"Syd..." He started.

"What's up?" I questioned.

"I really hate that I'm not getting the opportunity to spit my best game at you." He admitted.

"Oh really, you got game?" I questioned, leaning against the car.

"I like you Syd, but Daniel keeps you close." He told me.

"Not that close." I smirked.

"I've been waiting for Daniel to mess up so that I could step in and treat you right. You're a good girl Sydney and you deserve the world." He continued, closing the space between us.

"What if I'm not the girl you think I am? What if I'm a bad girl?" I asked searching his eyes for any insincerity.

"Even better..." He stated pressing his lips to mine. Fireworks went off in my head, cliché I know, but that's exactly how I felt. His tongue swiped my lips begging for entrance. It was intoxicating, I couldn't stop. He pulled back and pulled me away from the car opening the back door. I slid in and laid back as he hovered over me. Our mouths met again. I felt his hands begin to move down my body. Suddenly he pulled back.

"Syd, we can't... not like this." He sighed. I just stared at him, breathless unable to speak.

"I want you so bad, but you're with Daniel and I don't want you to feel like I was just trying to get in your pants. I really like you Sydney ... I can wait." He finished.

"Nathan...I want you now." I stated pulling him back down. He didn't protest. How could he? He'd be crazy to turn me down after I pretty much threw myself at him.

"Sydney..." He groaned pulling back again. "I don't get down like that; I'm not willing to share you." He stated as he pulled me to my feet. 

I guess he was crazy. I wanted Nathan. I thought about this the entire way to my house. Once we pulled into my driveway he turned off the car and faced me. 

"Sydney... I'm sorry." He started.

"For what?" I questioned.

"I shouldn't have let it go that far. I shouldn't have even started." He explained.

"Nathan, I liked it. I wanted you to keep going." I reminded him.

"Still... I don't even move like that. It can't happen again Syd. One day we'll do this right. I'll take you on a date and then maybe we'll build a relationship and then think about sex. You deserve more than a fuck in the backseat of my car." He told me. I could feel tears building up inside me.

"I have to go." I said before rushing out the car and into my house.

I hurried to my room. I collapsed on my bed and cried. I realized how messed up I was. I was caught up in, what, a love square. And one of the guys was the boyfriend of a girl who treated me like a sister. I realized how engrossed I had become in being the girl I would watch on bad high school dramas. I had achieved everything a girl was supposed to want: cheerleader, popularity and a boyfriend but I was making some serious mistakes in the process. Mistakes that may not be unique but they were mistakes that I knew better than to make. I needed to break up with Daniel and focus on school and cheer. I realized I would even need to push Nathan to the side for a little while in order to get myself together. And with those thoughts I drifted off to sleep.

A/N: Ok, how much do ya hate her?

A/N: How are you feeling about Kevin this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.7K 7.5K 46
★ ★ ★#1 Spirituality 16/02/2022 #1 Yahweh 22/02/2022 #1 Non Believer 5/03/2022 #1 Christian Romance 7/03/2022 #1 Spiritual Journey 24/03/2022 #1 Jes...
1.7K 187 55
Got bored and wanted to write a story. 💕 Nerdy, quiet, and shy Niecey is dreading going to school today. She doesn't know that she will meet a perso...
311K 3.5K 12
❝The King can only create wars, it's the Queen that rules the world❞ ♚ Skylar Morgan is cursed with a past that she could not forget, she was scarred...
698 78 9
There was never an us. You made it clear four years ago and I am making it clear now. Ian betrayed his childhood friend and destroyed their friendshi...