paisley and her brothers

By GenGenetics

paisley, being a freshman? no problem...well that's what she thought. she is super excited to be in high sc... More

meet the hayes family
long year
freshmeat
what a day
rosy
tic tac toe
the text
movie time
getting ready
kareoke disaster
nathan and i
that night
job interview
Why
The Bus Ride
Unusual
updated character list
Blackmail
Amu Park
Punishment
Monitored
Basement
Cramps
McDonalds
character list #3
Rules
The Party
Waffles
Ice Cream Shop
Busted
Raina
Cramps (Ashers POV)
The Mall
Bianchi Siblings
Roadtrip
Hotel

The Dinner

5.5K 102 83
By GenGenetics

Recap of last chapter, "Raina":

I sat with the normal table and told them about Jace meeting my brothers.

They were surprised too that my brothers let me even have an option. I'm sure everyone was.

Who wouldn't be, to be honest?

After a few hours, it was time to go home and get ready for this "date." Or whatever you wanna call it.

Whatever it is, it's going to be great, I just know it.

____________________________

The Dinner

After a few hours, it was time to go home and get ready for this dinner

..with all my brothers there.

Luke was already home cooking pasta and making the garlic bread. I smiled to the wonderful scent of sauce while walking in.

My favorite was always Luke's delicious homemade pasta.

"Smells good," I said.

"You know it," Luke said, proudly.

I chuckled at how Luke thought so highly of himself when it came to cooking. He was a great cook, but he definitely wasn't as good as Jamie Oliver, or Gordon Ramsay.

With that, I went upstairs and got ready for tonight.

Since my hair was already straightened, I just decided to brush it out a little. I didn't want to waste my time on something I already did.

Besides, I didn't wanna get a lot of heat damage on my hair, because I used to always get heat damage when I was younger, and when I didn't know how to correctly straighten my hair.

I kept my mascara on, but didn't put on anymore makeup. I didn't want to overdo it.

Besides, my brothers (maybe not Asher) would've probably told me to take it off because, as they say, "I'm too pretty for makeup."

Asher on the other hand,  he would probably tell me I looked like a clown, and I didn't feel like hearing his negative comments today.

I went to my closet, grabbed, and put on my pink-ish, red-ish dress.  It wasn't too revealing, but it was definitely tight.

It was hard for me to breathe but it wasn't that bad.

I turned around to see what I looked like from the back.

Definitely looked like I had butt implants in.

My brothers should be able let me wear it, but knowing them, they probably would tell me to take it off because it's "Showing too much" or "It looks like I can't breathe."

I mean, they would be right about the can't breathe one, but that's really not important.

After I got done getting dressed and ready, I relaxed for a bit and calmed my nerves.

I was super nervous that my idiot brothers would say something or Jace would say something that would upset them.

I definitely know Asher will do something, or say something that could potentially mess something up.

No doubt about it.

Jace kept updating me on how he was feeling, and if he was on his way or not.

He lived about 5 minutes away from me, so it wouldn't take him a while to get to my house.

Soon enough, it was 6:20.

The time seemed to want to go by fast right now.

I nervously smiled to myself because I was so excited, yet so nervous.

10 minutes!

Around the time dinner was supposed to start, I decided to go downstairs to see if I needed to help with anything, since it is MY guest.

When I went down, Luke and Dan were setting the tables.

Luke had on a collared shirt with a tie and black pants, while Dan had on a green-ish polo shirt with grey pants on.

They both looked normal.

They didn't look too overly dressed.

I see Luke and Dan in suits all the time because of where they work and things they do.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey, are you re-"

Luke cut himself off.

"I would tell you to take that dress off," he said.

I was ready for it.

I knew he was going to tell me to take the dress off.

I kept looking at him and waiting for him to give me the answer, but he didn't. So I said something myself.

"...But?" I asked, cutting off the silence.

"But I won't. This is your only pass," he said.

To my surprise, he was actually cool with it.

I gratefully thanked him.

"Thank you Luke," I said.

He smiled, "You look great," he said.

New un-strict Luke?

I think yes.

The rest of my brothers came down sometime before 6:30.

Asher looked like a basic preppy boy with teal chubbies and a shirt.

Nathan had on black ripped jeans and a white shirt with a flannel over it.

He obviously wanted to show off his muscles and be intimidating to Jace.

Cooper just had a polo shirt on with Khaki shorts.

"Aww look at you guys looking all nice!" I said, giving them some appreciation.

"You look good Paisley!" Cooper said, putting his arm over my shoulder.

"It looks like you can't breathe in that thing," Asher said, laughing.

Called it.

"Okay?" I asked rhetorically.

"Well you're obviously trying to show your body off for your little boyfrienddd," he said teasingly.

I rolled my eyes.

"It's 6:30, where is this guy?" Nathan asked, getting impatient.

"I don't know but he-"

While I was speaking, I was interrupted by a doorbell.

It was him.

Perfect Timing.

I don't know what my brothers would think of him if he was late. They would make it such a big deal.

I looked at Luke and he nodded towards the door, telling me that I can open it since it IS my guest.

I straightened myself up and walked to the door.

I opened it.

It was Jace.

He smiled when I opened the door. He looked hot, but nervous.

He had his hair curled back-which looked like it took a lot of gel.

I could imagine the struggle trying to deal with all that gel.

I remember when Asher was in 6th grade and I was in 5th grade, he would make me help him gel his hair for every picture day up until he was in 8th grade.

I would always gel it so well.

Boy, were those the times.

Jace wore casual but nice clothes, like I told him to.

"Hey!" I said.

"Hey babe!" he said, giving me a hug, "You look amazing," he said again, smiling

Nathan coughed in the background either trying to get our attention, or stop the "cringe."

"You can come in!" I told Jace, while walking in the house.

He followed me in.

"This is Jace," I said, "Jace, these are my brothers!"

"Hi," Jace said, waving.

"I'm Luke, I'm the oldest," Luke said, stepping up and shaking his hand.

Jace nodded.

"I'm Cooper, I feel like I've seen you around before," He said.

"You probably have" Jace said, smiling.

"Hey, I'm Dan," Dan said shaking his hand.

"Nathan," Nathan said while Jace held out his hand.

"I don't shake hands," Nathan said.

Jace put his hand down.

I gave that look to Nathan.

"Be nice," I mouthed.

Nathan shrugged.

If he causes problems, then I'm punching him in the face.

"I'm Asher," Asher said, shaking Jaces' hand, "I'm the coolest."

"Don't lie," I said.

"Okay," Jace laughed, "Nice to meet all of you guys."

After all the greetings and meetings, we went to the dinner table.

Jace took out my chair for me and pushed me under the table.

I smiled.

We said our Prayers, and then we started to eat.

Jace was just as religious as we were even though some people in our family may not act like it...

"So Jace," Luke said, "How'd you and my sister meet?"

"We met on the first day of school in English class," Jace said, after taking a bite of garlic bread.

"What'd you think of her when you saw her?" Dan asked.

"I thought, gorgeous as heck", Jace said smiling and looking at me.

I smiled.

Nathan and Asher let out a little chuckle.

Luke looked unsatisfied.

"I also noticed her rosy cheeks and that's when I created her nickname, Rosy," Jace said again.

"Yeah, she takes after her mom with that one," Dan said, looking at me smiling.

"I knew she had to take it after someone," Jace said.

"Yeah, mom would always try and put foundation over it, but the rosiness would always still show," Cooper laughed.

"Yeah," I said, while letting out a little chuckle.

"Why do you wanna date my sister-out of all people?" Asher asked.

"Wow, thanks Asher," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Just a question!" he said, shrugging.

"There are a ton of reasons why. But if I had to give a few I would say because she's sweet, she's so beautiful, and she just gives me a good feeling about her," he said, smiling.

He was literally the cutest.

After he was done, my brothers stayed silent
for a while.

"Okay," Luke said, thinking.

It kinda got awkward but then it kinda got live a little after Jace brought up some stuff about baseball-like I told him to.

He didn't bring up the Dallas Cowboys because he didn't like that team.

He just better not tell my brothers that.

On the bright side, all of my brothers seemed to be liking him.

I wasn't all that surprised though so.

They talked about different things that bored me. Jace would sometimes hold my hand under the table and squeeze it every once in a while.

I think he squeezed it when it looked like I was a little uneasy.

I think Nathan was starting to like Jace as well.

I was pretty happy, because Nathan doesn't like a lot of people. I especially didn't think he would like a boyfriend of mine.

Asher seemed to like him too, Asher makes friends easily for some reason, so I wasn't surprised.

I couldn't really tell with Luke, he was just one face the whole time.

"Hey, how about this Jace?" Asher said, after getting to know a bit about Jace.

"Yeah?" Jace asked.

"Wanna see Paisleys baby pictures?" Asher asked.

I shot a look at Asher.

"No," I said.

Jace looked at me and grinned.

"Jace I swear-"

"I would be honored to!" Jace said smiling.

Asher pulled out a book from under him.

My baby book.

"Asher what the heck, you planned this didn't you?" I asked.

"Yep" he said.

"Okay, well you aren't showing him my baby pictures," I said, trying to grab the book from his hand over the table.

This was really not the time.

Asher always has to fuck things up.

Like seriously dude?

He snatched it away before I could steal it.

"Nope! " Asher said.

"Asher stop, just give me the book!" I said.

"Nope," He said again, opening it.

"Asher I said st-"

As I was saying that and reaching over the table, I accidentally knocked some of the sauce off the table.

"Geez Paisley! " Luke said.

"It's Ashers fault!" I said.

"Yeah, say the one who knocked the sauce over." Asher said.

"Asher help me out a clean this up," Luke said.

"But Paisley spilled it.." He complained.

"Okay and? Get down here and help me clean it up," Luke said.

"This isn't fair!" Asher said, rolling his eyes and getting on the floor to help Luke clean it.

I winked at Asher.

He stuck his middle finger.

I walked over to his seat and snatched the baby book from off the table.

"And I'll take this!" I said.

"Best believe I'll get you soon," Asher said, wiping the sauce off the floor.

"Okay cool, " I said, smiling.

After a few minutes everything went back to normal.

Deep conversations, laughing, and having a good time.

Surprisingly, this night hasn't been so bad. This night was going by quickly actually.

After a while, it was 9:00 and Jace had to leave.

"It was so good meeting you guys, I had a great time," Jace said.

"It was great meeting you too!" Dan said.

"You were great man," Asher said.

"Nice to meet you again," Luke said.

"You too!" Cooper said.

Jace walked to the door and I followed him.

"I think they like you," I whispered.

"I hope so," he smiled.

"You did great," I said smiling.

"I tried," He said.

Jaces' phone buzzed.

"I gotta go before my mom flips," he said.

"Okay," I said.

"Love you" He said hugging me.

"Love you too," I said, watching him walk out of the house.

After he was out of the house, I closed the door and turned back into the kitchen.

All my brothers were still seated, talking.

"Hey guys!" I said, hopeful.

They didn't say anything.

"Sit down Paisley" Luke said.

Uh oh.

What now?

I sat down.

"What?" I asked.

They stayed quiet.

I got a little nervous.

What if they didn't like him?

What if they made me break up with him?

I honestly wanted them to stay quiet if they were not going to tell-

"You can date him," Luke said, interrupting my thoughts.

I was super relieved because I was actually doubting things after that got serious with me.

I jumped up and hugged Luke.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!" I screamed, "I'm so glad you guys liked him!" I said.

"Yeah, he was nice and easy to get along with," Dan said.

"He was cool," Nathan said.

"I knew you guys would like him," I said, sitting down. "Thanks for letting me date him," I said, walking to the stairs.

Asher laughed.

"You know it's not that easy right?" Asher said.

I looked at Luke.

He nodded.

Oh come onnnn.

"Geez, what now," I complained.

"You have a few rules," Luke said.

Oh.

"What?" I asked, irritated.

I shouldn't be surprised though, they're still going to be super protective of me.

"First rule, you may NOT kiss him in our sight," Luke said.

"Yeah, and if we see you kiss him in our sight we have permission from Luke to beat him." Nathan said.

"Okay, I did not say that," Luke said, "But yes, please do not kiss him in our sight,"

"That's literally so dumb," I said, "We're dating, we kiss... its normal,"

How will I actually follow that rule. My brothers are always near me at home, and they're always up in my privacy. There's no way in hell I'll actually be able to kiss him without them seeing.

"Yes, but it's awkward to see my little sister kissing a dude," Dan said, "I have to get used to you actually having a boyfriend," Dan said.

"I don't mind it," Cooper said, shrugging.

"Yeah, me either," Asher said.

"It's a relationship, y'all can kiss in front of me," Cooper said, "I understand,"

"Exactly, thank you!" I said.

"Same with me but don't do all that extra shit in front of me," Asher said, cringing.

I laughed.

"Yeah okay," I said.

"Your brothers may want something different, but Nathan, Dan and I prefer you not to kiss him in our presence," Luke said.

"Okay," I said.

Okay, I can maybe deal with that since it's down to three brothers.

"Next rule, no sex," Nathan said.

"That rule should've been the first one" Cooper said.

Dan nodded.

Why would I have sex? I'm scared to have sex anyways.

Especially what happened at Karaoke Mania.. but just the thought of it makes me stomach hurt.

I can imagine how bad it hurts the first time.

Plus, when my pain tolerance is kinda low, I don't like that.

"We cannot stress this enough Paisley, no damn sex!" Luke said.

"I won't, don't worry!" I said.

"We mean it!" Dan said.

"If we find out you have sex with him, you and him are both dead and you will have some major consequences," Luke said.

"Yeah, I don't want to be an uncle already," Asher said, laughing, making it a joke.

All of my brothers and I looked him.

He kept laughing.

No one else was laughing.

He finally got the hint.

"Oh, my bad," he said.

"Anyways, next rule," Luke said.

"If he does something that hurts you- mentally or physically, let us know," Dan said.

"Okay," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"We aren't fucking kidding Paisley," Nathan said.

"You know how you are with not telling us things," Luke said.

Yeah true. I have a problem with telling my brothers important things. I guess aim just afraid of them murdering the person who messed with me.

But from now on, I'm going to tell them if anyone does anything or tries anything.

Because if they try it, then they obviously deserve to be tortured and murdered by my brothers... so carry on.

But I doubt Jace would try anything, I hope.

You can never really trust anyone except yourself, but Jace is a good guy.

"Yeah Paisley, if he hits you or abuses you, let us know okay?" Cooper asked.

"Yes," I said, "I promise."

"Good!" Luke said.

"Also, make sure you explain to him no means no," Asher said, "He might not like the fact that you can't have sex, so don't let him do anything," Asher said again.

"Yeah, he does have a point," Luke said.

"I always have a point" Asher said, smiling.

"Yeah whatever" Luke said, "But Paisley, do you promise us to follow those rules? It's not a lot either," Luke said.

"Yeah," I said, "I promise," I said again.

"Oh yeah, and you can go to his house, but only for 2 hours, nothing more" Luke said.

What the hell.

Now THATS bullshit.

That's not even enough time to watch a decent movie.

How am I supposed to even do anything with just two hours.

"But that's not even-"

"I said what I said," Luke interrupted.

"Fine," I said.

I didn't want to argue because they did approve of me dating him, so I gave them that.

"Everything clear?" Luke asked.

"Yes, everything is clear," I said.

"Good," Luke said, "You may go" Luke said.

Asher, Nathan, and Cooper went upstairs.

I followed after them and went into my room.

I laid on my bed.

I looked up at my white ceiling.

I honestly really couldn't believe there would come a day that my brothers would actually approve of a boyfriend.

I feel like they're actually understanding me for once.

I mean, I knew they would love Jace either way, but just the thought of having a boyfriend without hiding it, it's really great.

These past few months dating him and hiding it was so stressful, but now I could actually date him, with no worry or stress.

I just really hope Jace is the one because I went through all the stress and shit for him.

And I hope Raina stays away before she messes anything up.

I hate to act so rude and jealous, but it's just her vibe- and I'm not the only one who notices it.

As long as Jace and I stay thrive in a healthy relationship, we'll be fine.

authors note:

well hey guys... long time no see. i'm terribly sorry for the super long wait. i didn't have a phone for a while and was unable to log into any other device for a long enough time to write, edit, and publish this chapter. but i have a phone now and it won't be that long of a wait again.. i'm promise! again, i'm super sorry. i tried to make this chapter a tiny bit longer than usual to make up for it. also, i may have an extra chapter uploaded by this friday! (the chapter will not be related to the story at this point, it's just a cute chapter from the POV of Asher when Paisley got her period.) If you want to read the original POV of that chapter before I post the POV of Asher, you can read the chapter "Cramps." That extra will be published before, or on Friday. Also, I pray that you guys all stay clean, healthy, and safe. Make sure to wash your hands, because I'm sure all of you guys know what's spreading around during this time! So please, wash your hands, stay positive, and keep reading!

...also, just because things are going good in the story doesn't mean it'll stay like that... stay tuned.. muahaha.

Stay rad guys, see you Friday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 1.6K 36
Beatrice Anderson has never lived a normal life. Living in a town where gangs run wild and no one seems to follow the law Beatrice has become quite...
94.1K 2.3K 27
[COMPLETED] What if your life changed dramatically? How would you cope? When 15 year old Tris lost her parents aged four, she didn't think life could...
2.4M 52.2K 42
****Edited Version Now Available on Amazon****** 16-year-old Lydia Tonelli has six overprotective, overbearing, and overly involved brothers. Born t...
382K 7.9K 43
Drama. Drama. Drama. That pretty much describes my life. I mean when your living with your 7 older brothers, 5 cousins, best friends, and a 3 month o...