Manon's Child

By AmayhaR

After the war, everything has changed for Manon. All of her friends are dead and grief is eating her up insid... More

Intro
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22 - IF YOU KNOW ME DONT READ THIS
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27 - IF YOU KNOW ME DONT READ THIS
Part 28 - IF YOU KNOW ME DONT READ THIS
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
THIS IS NOT A PART
ALSO NOT A PART
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Not an update sorry :,(
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Bye
The Wedding

Part 6

1.8K 37 1
By AmayhaR

I awake curled up under Abraxos' wing, his body a wall of warm leather beside mine. I am still in the Witch-City, on the old stone floor by by the rock. I must've cried myself to sleep after the Thirteen left.

I shiver. Everything is silent here, in the dead of night, but won't be for long. Soon, this city will be alive with the sounds of rebuilding. Soon, but not yet. For now, silence.

I slide out from under Abraxos' wing, stretching in the freezing air. My body is cramped. I approach the rock again, staring at the lonely flower on top, thinking over the events of last night, and the Thirteen. Maybe they were right. I'm not alone, just surrounded by a thousand people who don't know anything about me.

I stare and stare at the flower unblinking, until my sight starts to blur. Only then do I notice.

The beautiful flower has twelve petals. One for each of my lost friends.

I feel tears starting to return, but push them back. I've had enough of crying, and emotions for one night.

I turn to where Abraxos is sleeping, one leathery wing still tucked over the space where I was sleeping. I want to crawl back in their and rest into dawn, but I already know i can't. Instead, I wander through the ancient streets of my city, through the tumbled down alleyways and ruins of old houses, and wonder what this place would have been like 500 years ago, before the war so thoroughly wrecked it.

I keep on walking aimlessly until I reach the very edge of the Witch-City. Here, the wall surrounding the city is even more ruined than anywhere else. Here, there is just a gap in the wall where towering iron gates should have been. Here, the silence is so profound it hurts my arms. Here, the ground is blasted in the same way as where the Thirteen died.

For is here that Rhiannon Crochan, the last High-Queen of the Crochans, fell.

I don't walk any further than that, just stand before the blasted bit of earth.

I can see the camp from where I stand. Fire burns starkly against the starry night sky, tents silhouetted against it, as clearly as the few witches on watch. My people.

I stand there for along time, silently, the wind blowing my hair over my face, until the sun starts peaking over the horizon. I am a queen now. I have lands, and people. I have responsibility.

Asterin was right, I am not alone.

Just lonely.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.8K 1.9K 25
This is a crossover between 2 existing books series, I recommend reading both the Throne of Glass series and the a Court of Thorns and Roses series (...
1.6K 93 10
Carnage. War. Bloodshed. It surrounded the Mala Fire-Bringer's descendants. Their loved ones had fallen one by one and they were desperately trying t...
68.2K 2.1K 51
For decades, Aelin Ashryver Galathynius and Rowan Whitethorn have ruled the Kingdom of Doranelle, passing the governance of Terrasen to her cousin, A...
61.9K 1.2K 13
when aelin is taken by maeve and tortured, she is suddenly transported into another world after being on the verge of dying. things start to get bet...