Bad Boy Brady

By Bookworm_Tina

"I don't trust you." Amelia said in all honesty. "Smart girl." Brady said. Amelia took a step closer. "But... More

An Arrogant Stranger
The Bad Boys Territory
Rich Girl Schemes
Summer Party Gone South
Little Thing Called Guilt
The Bad Boys Warning
Sleepover at The Rylands'
A First Apology
Information Extortion
Daddy Issues
Friends?
Bad Boys Need Advice Too
The First Date
Uptown Girl Apology
A little Chivalry
A Kid Named Lukas
Tip into the Bad Boys Past
Brady the Bully
Seperated
Making Amends
Waltzing His Way into Her Heart
Leaving Each Comfort Zone
Small Sibling Spat
Meeting The Stantons
Driving Lesson
A Peek into the Past
Sparking Old Memories
Patronizing Pam
Her White Bread World
The Bad Boys Motive
Tending Fresh Wounds
Brady's Haunting Past
Kiss and Make Up
It's Holiday Season
Mia on a Mission
The Interns
Interns at Work
Confronting Pam
A Turn for the Worst
Bad At Goodbyes
B for Broken
Crossed Limits
Brady in Trouble
Dad's Dirty Secrets
May Justice Be Served
We All Hurt A Little Sometimes
I Miss You
Bumping Into The Past
Destination: Forever
Epilogue

Lily Letting Loose

885 50 14
By Bookworm_Tina

"Brady." Lily breathed, her eyes wide and her anxiety slowly starting to kick in.

Brady's frown deepened. "Lily?"

Amelia looked between the two and her hear beat picked up a notch.

She looked up at the sky and mentally spoke, 'really? I mean wasn't there enough drama for one day that Lily had be added into the equation now. Whatever happens, please be level headed Brady.'

"What... what are you doing here?" Brady questioned coolly.

Lily twiddled her fingers and gulped, she looked elsewhere instead of at Brady as she spoke, "um first promise me you won't get mad."

"Lily I am not in the mood for any riddle bullshit just answer the question... please." He told her, his tone sounding utterly exhausted.

"Well, um to make a few extra bucks I come over to babysit Lukas." She lied, averting any eye contact with her brother.

Amelia gave her a questioning look, wondering why the hell would she dig herself deeper by lying.

"Extra cash?" Brady repeated. "What haven't I ever given you that you need to come here to work for extra cash?"

"No please don't misunderstand me Brady, you do a lot for me and I appreciate you so much but I also feel bad that you have to attend to my every needs and wants so I thought I'd help out." Lily muttered.

"Have I ever complained about fulfilling your ever needs and wants?" Brady asked.

"N-no you're misunderstanding me Brady, I never said that. I just thought I'd do things for myself." Lily said.

"So you assume you're a burden on me and you think you're grown up enough to handle things on your own?" Brady asked taking a step closer to her.

"You need to quit, today itself." He demanded.

"What? No that's not fair." Lily retorted.

"Lily I will work three fucking jobs if I have to to fulfil your every demand but hell will freeze over if I allow you to work here." He told her sternly.

Lily opened her mouth to respond but another voice beat her to it.

"What's going on now?" Pamela spoke from the door threshold.

"Lily, honey when did you get here?" Pamela spoke as she appeared at the threshold, standing next to Amelia.

Pamela sniffed and tried to hide that she was crying but as she spoke she failed to realise that Brady was still standing there.

She looked nervously between Brady and lily and by Brady's expression, Pamela concluded that Lily was caught by her big brother.

"Brady before you lose your cool with your sister, try to understand her predicament. I am her mother after all and it's only natural for her to want to know me." Pamela told Brady.

Brady's eyes shot immediately in his sisters direction, he was furious and angry but mostly he was hurt. Amelia shut her eyes for a moment and internally groaned. Lily had fear written all over her face.

Brady stepped closer to his sister, his height for the first time towering over her intimated her.
She swallowed and tried to keep the threatening tears at bay as she looked up at her brothers furious blue eyes.

"Baby sitting eh?" His tone was eerily calm and low.

"B-Brady I can explain." She stuttered.

Brady put up his hands. "I don't want to hear a thing."

He grabbed her hand. "I don't want to hear another word, we are leaving. Now."

"Brady, if we can just all sit down and talk, it doesn't have to be this way." Pamela tried to reason.

"Stay out of this." He snapped at her. "This is a family matter and I do not need any outsiders interference."

Lily didn't object nor did she say anything else, she simply just nodded.

Without a word or glance at Pam, Lily and Brady made their way to his Mustang and Amelia followed.

Pamela noticed the Mustang and immediately recognised the car, she had many old fond memories joined with that car.

"You still have it?" She mindlessly spoke as she looked at the shining well kept car. "Nicholas would be so proud that you take such good care of this car."

"Oh spare me the fucking dramatics Pamela! You don't give a shit about me, you never have a crap about dad so why the fuck must you act this way when you see his car? Oh yes how can I forget it's all about material goods to you." Brady restorers bitterly.

"Brady you're misunderstanding me again-" Pamela began but Brady cut her off.

He raised his hand at her. "Please just let me be, I don't want to hear another word about my father from your mouth."

"Let's go." Brady told lily and Amelia as he made his way to the car.

As Brady was about to get into his car, a BMW drove into the driveway and stopped just beside his car. He wasn't interested and just wanted to get out of that place.

He opened his door and Lily did the same but a little voice stopped her.

"Lily!" Lukas cheered, running up to her.

He wrapped his arms around her. "Mommy said you'll be here when I got back from school."

Lily half grinned at him and hugged him back.

Lukas pulled away and looked up at her confused. "Are you leaving already?"

Pamela walked to her eight year old and placed her hands on his shoulders as she stood behind him. "Honey, Lily needs to get home. She'll be back again."

"No she won't." Brady spoke.

Lukas looked around and noticed that not only Lily, but Amelia and Brady was there too.

"Lia!" Lukas grinned widely and moved to go and hug her but Pamela held onto him tightly, stopping him from moving.

He looked at his mom with a frown. "Lukas, Amelia has to leave so you can hug her another time, for now just stand here and be a good boy."

"Mommy why does everyone look sad?" Lukas asked.

Pamela gulped and forced a smile at him. "No ones sad honey. Why don't you run inside and change, lunch will be served soon."

Brady scoffed looking at the scene in front of him, watching Pamela affectionate with Lukas disgusted him and very deep down it hurt him.

"Lily, Mia, lets go." He spoke.

Amelia walked pass Pamela and Lukas towards the car and she felt awful that she couldn't hug the little fella whom she was so fond of. She thought about it when she passed him but the glare Pamela gave her stopped her.

"Did you make everyone sad?" Lukas asked Brady with a scowl.

Brady rolled his eyes and chose to ignore the little brat.

Lukas caught his mom off guard and ran around the car to stand in front of Brady.

"I know you are a bad person who makes everyone sad, you're like a dementor in Harry Potter, you suck the happiness out of a room." Lukas spat at Brady.

"Look kid, I'm not in the mood for wrestle mania junior edition so please run to your precious mommy and leave me alone." Brady told him calmly.

"No not until you tell me why you made Lia and my sister sad?" He yelled at Brady.

Brady looked at the little boy with a raised eyebrow, growing more and more impatient with everything related to Pamela Yale. "Excuse me, what did you just call Lily?"

"She's my sister! Mommy told me, she was born many years before me and as her brother it's my job to take care of her. Mommy and daddy both told me so."

Brady humourlessly chuckled. "Fan-fucking-tastic! Your mommy really is one of a kind."

"Tell me something you little twerp, what's your last name?" Brady asked.

"Yale." Lukas answered.

"Brady please leave him alone, he's only eight years old. He doesn't know what he's saying." Pamela was quick to defend Lukas.

"It's funny you say that Pam, considering I was the same age when the person I called mom abandoned me." Brady retorted.

Lukas laughed. "I told you that your mommy abandoned you, it's cause you're too ugly and mean! Boo-hoo no one loves Brady and his mommy left him all alone."

"Lukas!" Pamela yelled.

"Oh but he's just eight years old Pamela, don't yell at him." Brady mocked.

Amelia had a feeling another scene was about to be created so she tried to stop it. "Brady I think we should leave."

"We will, in a minute." He answered as he bent down so he was eye to eye with Lukas.

"No my mom didn't abandon me because I was ugly, she abandoned me and my sister because she was a very weak, cowardly, bad person. See after my dad died she couldn't take care of us so she left us alone in a cheap apartment and ran away." He told Lukas.

"Brady, you're overstepping your limits." Pamela said as she grabbed Lukas to her side.

Brady stood up and looked at Pam who was on the verge of breaking down again. "Sorry Pam, my father taught me not to lie so I'm just enlightening your son about my pretty past."

"You should leave." Pamela told him.

"I was about to but your brat of a son wanted answers." Brady told her.

"You don't even have a heart towards a child." Pamela accused.

"Ah Pam, your hypocrisy is almost comical." Brady shook his head.

"Lukas get inside. Now!" She raised her voice.

Lukas could see how serious his mom was so he agreed and was about to make his way inside but Brady stopped him.

"One more thing little bug, don't ever call Lily your sister again. You see she's Lily Ryland just as I am Brady Ryland," he paused and glared at Pamela, "we are in no way related to you or your piece of shit family!"

Pamela sighed defeated as more tears ran down her cheeks; she watched Lily, Brady and Amelia got into the car as they drove off.

The entire ride was quiet, neither Amelia nor Lily said anything. Amelia glanced at the rear view mirror and felt sorry for lily when she noticed how uneasy and scared she looked.

Amelia looked at Brady and she could tell how angry and upset he was, his hands were fixed on the stirring wheel tightly and his jaw was clenched.

'Since when has my life been so filled of drama, I mean before I found out my dad cheated on my mom  the biggest issue I had to deal with before was getting the newest Jimmy Choo's before Hilary and when I didn't have an outfit to wear for a party and now I'm in the middle of a sibling war. Who would've thought my life would take such a wild turn in such a short amount of time?'

Amelia's thought came to a halt when she jerked forwards as Brady stopped the car. She took in her surroundings and noticed she was outside the Ryland residence.

Lily got out of the car first and ran into the house. Amelia was about to follow but she stopped when she noticed Brady sitting idle in his seat.

"Brady?" She asked.

Brady exhaled loudly. "You don't have to be here, this is between Lily and I so you're welcome to call Stan to come collect you."

Amelia opened her mouth to reply but her eyes glanced at the side of his palm, she noticed a little blood. She immediately grabbed his hand and looked at the cut there.

"How did this happen?" She asked him.

Brady shrugged. "I don't know maybe when I threw the glass, a piece might've cut me. But that's not important right now, I need to talk to Lily."

"No, we need to dress this. There's quite a bit of blood." Amelia insisted.

"Mia please, not now. You can deal with my wounds after I speak to Lily." He told her softly.

She looked at him and she felt awful, she had a feeling his sentence had a double meaning. She raised her hand and cupped his cheek and looked at him sincerely.

Brady instinctively leaned into her touch and shut his eyes for a long moment.

He opened them and his vulnerable demeanor was gone and replaced with the cold Brady.

"Let's go." He said and removed her hand from his cheek.

"Wait a minute." Amelia told him before she removed her scarf from around her neck.

She wrapped it around his hand tightly and met his intense gaze.

"Just a temporary bandage so it stops the blood flow." She grinned at him.

Brady gazed at her for a long moment before he leaned over his seat and pressed a long kiss on her forehead.

He pulled away and cupped her cheek. "Don't go." He whispered looking into her eyes.

Amelia placed her hand over his which was holding onto her cheek. "Wasn't planning on it." She whispered back.

The moment was broken when both of them pulled away and exited the car. Together they made their way into the house.

As they stepped into the living room they noticed a furious Lily coming down the stairs with a suitcase.

Brady frowned. "Where do you think you're going?"

Lily reached the end of the stairs and placed her bag down before she walked up to her brother. "I need to be away from here for a few days, please don't create a scene."

She attempted walking pass him but he grabbed her arm. "A scene?"

"Yeah, something you're great at." Lily answered bitterly.

"Now let me go nicely or things will really get ugly." Lily added venomously.

"Why are you doing this Lil?" Brady asked coolly.

"Brady please, I do not want to fight with you. Just know I'll be fine at my friends place besides time apart will do the both of us good." She answered.

"And no you do not need to drop me, I called Adam and he said he'll do it; he should be here any minute." She added.

"A friends place?" Brady questioned. "How do I know you're not fucking lying to me? How do I know you're not going to... to her?"

"You can say her name you know." Lily told him.

Amelia had a feeling that the silence in the car was the calm before the storm, Brady and Lily were both on edge and about to tip over.

"Pamela, there I said it." He spat. "How do I know you aren't running to that woman again?"

"You don't, you just have to trust me." Lily retorted.

"Trust?" Brady mimicked bitterly. "I'm afraid I don't know how to affiliate that word with you anymore."

"Well do you blame me? If I don't duck and dive and do things that I want and need you'll create a scene, you'll drag me away and embarrass me. It's happened so many times, I mean when I needed tutoring I had to be sneaky about it and even then you humiliated me and Amelia countless of times. I guess I just got lucky you fell for her." Lily ranted.

"Whatever I've done so far is for your own good Lily not for my own selfish reasons and you know that." Brady reasoned calmly.

"That's another problem with you, you never think anything you do is wrong, it's either your way or the highway!" Lily exclaimed.

"Lily are you hearing yours-" Brady began but was cut off by Ellie who just walked in with grocery parcels.

"What is going on here?" She asked, looking concerned between Lily and Brady.

"Go ahead and tell aunt Ellie what you've been doing behind both of our backs." Brady told his sister.

Ellie placed the groceries on a nearby couch and looked at Lily, waiting for an answer.

"Well, are you just going to stare at me or say something?" Ellie asked.

Lily sighed. "Aunt Ellie I really don't wanna fight, I just need to be away from this place for a few days, please."

Ellie glanced at Lily's bag on the floor. "Define a few days girlie? And what do you mean you need to be away from home? What brought a about this sudden decision?"

Lily shook her head and stepped close to her aunt but Brady interrupted her.

"I'll tell you what happened Aunt El, your precious niece over here has gotten a taste of the good life." Brady said.

Ellie frowned. "You need to stop talking in riddles and tell me straight what happened."

"Aunt Ellie I only did what any kid would do." Lily explained.

"I didn't do anything of that sort." Brady said.

Lily narrowed her eyes at him. "Well we both know how heartless you are Brady."

"Lilian." Ellie gasped. "Why on earth would you talk to your brother that way?"

Brady who felt a pinch from Lily's words hid it well and shook his head. "I'll tell you why, it's because Lilian over here has secretly being meeting up with her so called mother Pamela!"

Just as those words left Brady's lips Adam arrived. "Howdie folks." He greeted cheerily.

He looked around at everyone's tense face and Amelia shook her head at him warning him not to say anything stupid or Brady would really lose his cool with him today. Adam understood and his cheerful demeanour dropped before he quickly went to stand next to Amelia.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Brady asked him.

Adam gulped and pointed at Lily. "Lily called me."

"Well Lily isn't going anywhere so your services aren't needed, you can see yourself out." Brady told him coldly.

"No don't you dare leave Adam, I am leaving. I have had it with this place!" Lily told him.

"This place?" Brady repeated the words to her. "This is your fucking home Lily!"

"What you call home I call a damn prison!" Lily snapped at Brady.

Ellie who was still shocked after hearing Pamela's name breathed. "Pamela." She looked at Lily desperately. "Say it ain't so."

"I'm sorry to say so aunt Ellie but it's true, I caught her there myself today and to make things worse she lied to my face and her precious mother ratted her out." Brady answered for Lily.

Ellie shook her head and let this new bit of information sink in.

"I only lied because I know how crazy you tend to act when I go against you Brady!" Lily yelled at her brother.

"And how did you feel when your mother let the cat out of the bag?" Brady asked bitterly.

"She's your mother too Brady." Lily said. "And she didn't mean to, she innocently came to greet me but I guess she didn't know how barbaric you've grown to be."

"Barbaric?" Brady shouted. "Do you think I fucking like how I turned out Lily? Do you think I'm a fan of my short temper and my fucking insecurities and demons?!"

"You aren't the only person in the world who was put into foster care Brady! There are people who grew up in a far worse way than you! Your choices made you the way you are and the sooner you realise that and stop blaming mom and everyone else you'll be better off. I mean not too long ago you hated Amelia because of your hatred for wealthy people, now you're dating her! If you can give her a chance why can't you give your own mother a chance?!" Lily yelled at her brother.

"My choices? You think I'm the way I am because of foster care and a few trips to juvie? Oh you naive stupid little child!" He spat.

"You have been sheltered your entire life, aunt Ellie and I protected you and treated you like a fragile little princess; we gave you everything of the best and work our asses off just so you can have the best!"

"I didn't ask for any of that Brady!" Lily yelled.

"No we did it because we love you! I did it because I wanted you to actually have a future because I didn't want you to be as fucked up as me!" He shouted.

Lily took in a deep breath. "Fine, fine I appreciate all of that but does that mean that for my entire life I will be obligated to you? Do I have to do everything with your permission? Don't you see that the only reason I lie and do thing behind your back is because you're such a damn control freak! You're a tyrant and a bully and you think you can rule my life but I will not allow that anymore Brady, I am growing up and I have a mind of my own and I will not let you control me anymore."

"Lily, you're angry, don't utter another word which you'll only regret once you've calmed down." Ellie reasoned.

"No aunt Ellie, I actually mean it I've just been too afraid to stand up to him." She paused and walked up to her aunt, she held her hands. "Aunt Ellie am I a bad person to want to know my mother? She's my mom and I ignored that you and Brady hid the fact she was in town from me and found her on my own, I respected his decision to not want to know her so why can't he respect my decision to want to know her?"

Ellie opened her mouth to reply but Brady interrupted her.

"Lillian that woman you call mom abandoned her eight year old son and three year old daughter right after their dad died." Brady told her.

"She separated the two of us." He added in a softer, vulnerable tone.

Lily left Ellie's side and stood squarely in front of her brother. "The man you call dad didn't just die, he killed himself because he was a criminal Brady, he was a coward; instead of owning up to his crime he took his own life and abandoned us all! Yet I see his pictures up in the house, he's praised like some hero when he is in fact worse than mom! I can forgive mom but I will never forgive Nicholas, never. I hate him more than anything!"

"As for separating us, I actually think my life would've turned out better if we remained that way." She seethed.

"Lily!" Brady roared and raised his hand to slap his little sister.

Lily instinctively moved her head to the side and shut her eyes, Brady stopped before he could strike her. He was so furious he was body was shaking.

Amelia, Adam and Ellie all gasped as Brady appeared to slap Lily. Ellie covered her mouth and shook her head as she began to cry.

Lilys eyes pooled with tears as she looked up at her furious brother who's hand was still a few inches away from her face.

"Do you see why I can't live under this roof anymore? You are toxic Brady, you're bad not only for yourself but for everyone around you. You're so fucked up that you fuck everyone else's life associated to yours and I won't allow you to ruin mine anymore." She said as tears fell down her cheeks.

Brady was so angry that he felt numb to her words, she spoke such harsh hurtful words to the brother who almost single handedly grew her up.

She wiped her tears away. "I'm moving in with mom, permanently."

Brady lowered his hand. "I won't allow it."

"I'm afraid you haven't a damn say in this matter." She spat coldly at hime.

She stepped closer to him and glared at him. "You are not my father, just my brother. Don't you forget that." She said each word slowly so he could understand it loud and clear.

That hurt Brady, those words she just spoke hurt him deep down inside and he felt defeated at that moment. He looked at his sister and saw only hatred towards him in her eyes, she was glaring at him so icily that he knew in that moment he lost his sister forever.

Brady took a few steps backwards and raised his hands up defensively, he waved her off and shook his head, at a loss of words.

Ellie angrily grabbed Lily's arm and turned her around to face her.

"How dare you talk to your brother that way? Do you even know the amount of utter rubbish that came out of your mouth?" She asked her.

Lily looked at her aunt with no expression. "I do know and I don't care."

"You don't care?" Ellie was raising her voice. "You don't bloody care?! Do you have any idea the sacrifices your brother has done for you ever since you were a little girl? He's been more than a father to you! He sacrificed his future for you, he works like a god damn labourer fixing old shitty cars to earn money so you can get the best of the best! He comes home late at night covered in grease just so you can attend a fancy prep school and he can save enough for you to go to college! When you were thirteen and broke your arm on the bicycle he bought for you he went into the city and fought underground so he could pay for you damn surgery and so you could be in a private room! He went to the ends of the world for you and today you call him selfish and controlling, you insult my boy and hurt him and you don't care?"

Ellie had tears running down her face when she was done.

"My Brady has been through hell ever since he was eight years old, he saw things no child should ever see, he was alone and scared but he manned up at that tender age to track me down and find you. He loved and still loves you to dearly." She took her head. "Today you've broken my heart Lily, you've hurt me so much. I am so disappointed in you."

Ellie collapsed on the couch, exhausted and emotionally worn out.

Amelia who was silently watching everting hadn't realised she was crying, she sniffed and ran up to Ellie. She sat down next to her and wrapped a comforting arm around her.

Lily who was still crying made her way to Ellie as she collapsed but Brady stopped her, he grabbed her arm and together they walked to where her bag was.

He picked it up and dragged Lily to the front door, he opened it and handed her bag to her.

He gestured for her to leave. "Go Lily, go I set you free. Go to your mother and live the life I failed to give you. I won't hold you back anymore, I won't ruin your life. Go."

Lily looked at him through tear strung eyes. Her feet couldn't move in that moment as she looked at her brother.

"Adam." Brady called out. "Please take Lily to her mothers place and make sure she gets there safely."

Adam shook his head and gulped down the lump in his throat. "No, I won't help her anymore... she's not the same girl I befriended years ago. I'm leaving."

"Please Adam, for my sake." Brady said softly. "I'll be at ease if someone I trust takes her, I would but I... I just can't."

Adam nodded. "Alright, I'll get the car."

Lily looked at Brady and picked up her bag. She wiped her eyes and with one final glance she made her way out.

"One more thing." Brady told her before he let go of her arm.

Lily didn't say anything nor did she look at him when he spoke.

"I'm sorry Lil, I'm sorry for ruining your entire life and for raising you in a toxic home..."he paused and took in a deep breath. "That was never my intention, I... I just thought I was protecting you but it seems... it seems you needed protection from your fucked up brother." He told her in a strained voice.

He gulped. "Mostly I'm sorry that I found you all those years ago, if I... if I knew you were happier without me I would've never tracked you down."

"I... I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me some day because if there was anyone I ever loved and cared about it was you, from the day you were brought home from the hospital, you were my life sized doll and I promised to always protect you and today I failed you."

Lily had fresh tears rolling down her cheeks but she refused to look up at him, she just kept her head down.

Brady smiled as convincing as he could and kissed the side of her head. "Go Lil, live your life but always remain safe, that's all I'll ask of you."

With that as his last words he let go of her arm and watched her walk towards Adams idling car. He turned around and shut the door closed, he leaned against the door until he
heard the car door close and drive off.

Brady looked at his heart broken aunt on the couch, she was crying her heart out. He felt awful looking at the woman who not only saved him from the system and gave him a home but also saved him from himself.

He took slow strides up to her and sat down on the couch next to her and immediately wrapped his arms around the mother he ever knew.

Amelia pulled away from Ellie and gave the two some space.

"I'm sorry Aunt El, I failed you." Brady murmured as he held as tightly as he could on to his aunt.

"I never meant to make her hate me so much, I tried to protect her because I know how cruel the world is. I never meant to take her away from you. Please forgive me aunt Ellie." His voice sounded so weak and broken.

Ellie wrapped her arms tightly around the only son she ever knew and hugged him tightly as she cried.

The sat there for a long moment. Amelia watched them and her heart broke, she never felt so much heartache before as she looked at this family fall apart.

Ellie pulled away and took Brady's hands in hers. "Don't you ever apologise to me boy, you are such an exceptional young man and I am so proud to call you my son."

"I apologise to you for what Lily said, it's all my fault, I always gave her freedom and defended her and today she..." she trailed off as more tears welled up in her eyes. "Today she broke my boys heart and for that I am so sorry Brady, I promised your daddy's grave when I took you you in that I will never let you get hurt again and today..."

Brady shook his head and hugged his Aunt again. "No, it's not your fault. You gave me everything I ever needed."

"I'm sorry my boy." Ellie mumbled as she cried.

Brady shook his head and kissed the top of his aunts head.

Ellie pulled away and consoled herself, she wiped her tears and sniffed. "I'm supposed to be the adult but here I am breaking down."

"You're only human aunt Ellie." Brady told her comfortingly.

She smiled at him. "Always my wise boy. We'll take this as it comes alright, you'll see she'll realise how wrong she was as soon as she calms down. She's at her rebellious phase, she'll come around."

Brady swallowed but didn't say anything.

Ellie tapped him on the shoulder before she stood up. "I think I need to lie down for a little while, too much drama for an old lady."

Brady looked at her concerned. "Are you alright?"

She nodded and smiled at him reassuringly. "Of course, I just need a little nap and maybe some time alone."

Brady nodded. "Sure."

Ellie bent down and kissed Brady's forehead before she looked at Amelia and said, "please take care of him, I see your scarf around his hand, please help him dress it."

Amelia nodded. "Yeah, of course."

"Alright, I'll see you two at dinner." Ellie announced before she headed upstairs to her room.

There was a silence in the room once Ellie was gone, Brady just looked ahead at nothing and Amelia was staring at the side of his face intensely.

"Brady." She said softly, breaking the silence.

Brady took in a breath and cleared his throat. "The first aid kit is in the kitchen, I'll be in my room." He stated and stood up and left.

Amelia watched him leave before she went to the kitchen to get the first aid and made her way to his bedroom.

She entered taking slow steps, she knew the situation was tense and she knew Brady had an array of emotions running through him so she wasn't sure how to act around him.

She looked at him sitting at the edge of his bed with his head low. She walked around the bed and sat down next to him to see him holding the torn picture frame of Lily and him when they were kids; the very same picture he tore in half as a kid the day they were separated.

Amelia placed a hand on his shoulder and gulped down the lump in her throat. "Hey." She whispered.

"She's right you know." Brady began. "You said it so many times before too, I'm a control freak, I inflict fear in people's hearts instead of love, I'm toxic and I ruin the lives of those closest to me."

"No, that's not true. When I said those things I didn't know you at all but I know what an amazing brother you are, you are ten times the man than my own father Brady. Yes maybe sometimes she felt suffocated but she's a teenage girl and she doesn't know her left from right, she'll come around you'll see." Amelia told him.

"No she has a point Mia, I am fucked up so badly and you seen it for yourself today; I just can't let my past go." He said softly.

He ran his fingers over their childhood picture. "We were so happy here and in one moment life snatched everything away from us. We didn't deserve this you know, we weren't bad people yet we were punished so severely. That's why I don't believe in God, no God would ever be so cruel to put me and my family through so much pain."

Amelia found herself crying again but she kept herself in check, right now she needed to be there for Brady.

"God can be cruel sometimes but I hope that all this pain quadruples into happiness very soon for you. You cannot go through anymore pain." Amelia consoled him.

Brady dropped the picture on his pedestal and looked at Amelia; his eyes reflecting so much of pain that she wished he'd cry instead of looking so broken.

"She did it again you know." He told her. "Pamela, she separated me from my sister again." He finished in a strained whisper.

"Brady," Amelia began as fresh tears rolled down her eyes.

Before she could finish her sentence Brady buried his face in the crook of her neck and held onto her as if his life depended on it.

"I'm glad I have you." He mumbled as his hold tightened.

Amelia held him tightly and shut her eyes as she placed a kiss on the side of his neck. "Always."

Brady felt comfort in Amelia's arms and she was so glad she could offer him some comfort, they held onto each other for a long while before Brady pulled away and looked at Amelia.

He wiped away her tears. "All these tears, for me?"

She sniffed. "I can't stand to see you hurting."

He leaned forward and gave her a long, loving peck on her lips.

He pulled away a fraction and looked in her eyes for a long moment before he brought his hand up and cupped her cheek, "Amelia, I lo-"

His sentence was stopped when the both of them heard a loud thud, he immediately pulled away and both of the looked at each other in confusion.

"What the fuck was that?" He asked before he ran out of the room with Amelia trailing behind him.

A/N phew was this a difficult chapter to write, I wrote it halfway then deleted the entire thing and changed what I i rituals planned for this chapter.
I hope it lived up to your expectations and was worth the wait.

What do you think that noise was?

Also I would love any type of suggestions of songs which relate to this story, if any of you have any in mind please drop it in the comments.

Till then
Tina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...
260 2 16
★"What are you up to tomorrow?" He asked. "Tomorrow's winter holiday, so nothing?" "Then be ready tomorrow at early morning, I'll have you from morni...
39.6K 508 43
"You haven't gotten the dynamics of our relationship down yet, have you? Let me explain it to you: we're involved, very involved. You're mine, and yo...
308K 6.6K 68
This book needs editing, the first chapters aren't very good, but the story gets better as you read on! There was only one thing that Amelia White ne...