Death Note || Phan

By HelloAnonymousWriter

Death Note with a twist. Imagine if the Death Note had fallen into the UK and was picked up by a certain Brit... More

~ Chapter 01 ~
~ Chapter 02 ~
~ Chapter 03 ~
~ Chapter 05 ~
~ Chapter 06 ~
~ Chapter 07 ~
~ Chapter 08 ~
~ Chapter 09 ~
~ Chapter 10 ~
~ Chapter 11~
~ Chapter 12 ~
~ Chapter 13 ~
~ Chapter 14 ~
~ Chapter 15 ~
~ Chapter 16 ~
~ Chapter 17 ~
~ Chapter 18 ~
~ Chapter 19 ~

~ Chapter 04 ~

3.1K 224 139
By HelloAnonymousWriter

Chapter 04

Words: 1497

 "That was brilliant L." Tim exclaimed, looking impressed and giddy.

"I have to agree with Tim, but apart from what you've already found out ... have you found out anything else useful about Kira?" Mr Howell asked.

"Yes, I've been doing a lot of research and have come to see, as well as his first experiment, he has punished criminals who have only been shown in Police reports and data ... so I'm assuming that Kira has access to police information ..." The robotic voice replied.

"WHAT!?" Marcus, Mr Howell and Jack exclaimed.

"Are you saying that it could be one of us? The police force?" Mr Howell asked, angrily.

"No, and I think it's unlikely considering what we've found out. Kira is childish and doesn't like to lose ... he is like me in a way. These personality traits are going to be unlikely in the police force so I was basing my guesses more around the children of said police officers." 

Eyes widened and mouths dropped open in surprise around the room. "Y-you can't be serious?" Tim asked, bewildered.

"I am always serious ... Mr Hautekiet and Mr Howell-" There was a pause and for a minute the group of officers thought the connection had cut off. However L recovered, "You both have children do you not? Both sons?" L asked, recovering from the weird silence.

"Yes, I have a son in high school." Tim confirmed, looking angry.

"I have a son in university and a son just starting high school but my older one doesn't live with me anymore-"

"That is fine but ... I trust all six of you ... but I'm afraid we'd have to do 24 hour surveillance to watch our suspects-"

"WAIT A MINUTE!" Joe interrupted, looking beyond furious. "I've just about had it with you L! You are bossing us about, expecting us to follow your orders. He's says that he trusts us but honestly what reason do we have to trust him? These are the Chief's and Tim's children! How can we trust you when you're hiding your face? You talk about spying on these young people like it's nothing but I refuse to do that if I cannot fully trust you!" He argued.

"Look L, we've all chosen to risk our lives to bring Kira to justice, so I hope you understand what this means. We're really sticking our necks out here!" Marcus added.

"But you never have to show your face do you? You just give the orders. I don't see how you can expect us to work along side you under those conditions..." 

"... L if all of us are going to work together in this investigation and if you truly meant what you said about trusting the six of us. Could you come here so we could all meet in person?" Mr Howell asked.

There was a long pause.

"Very well."

Everyone's breath hitched. Jim, L's loyal companion, turned the screen towards the agents. On the screen, typed out, was a message from L.

Meet me at the Hilton London Green Park 
[inserts address] tonight at 5pm.
~ L

All eyes stared wide eyed at the screen. 

"He's actually going to reveal himself?" Tim questioned in shock.

~

"Away?" Dan frowned.

"It's only a week Dan. Mum wants me to come down and see the new place." Phil explained zipping up his suitcase.

"Don't leave me phiiiiiil." Dan moaned, leaning on Phil's door frame, pouting.

"You'll be fine, besides you can get on with your studies. Wouldn't want to fail those tests now would we?" Phil teased, sticking his tongue out.

"Shut up you meanie, I'll get them done eventually. I just can't believe you're leaving me to rot away for a week." Dan complained and walked into the room and flopping down on the bed. Phil avoided looking in Dan's eyes, he was lying to Dan and he didn't want to ... but he had to.

"I'm sure you'll live." Phil decided on.

"Well ... when are you going?" Dan asked.

"An hour." 

Dan's eyes widened, "So soon?" He asked, looking upset. He never liked it when Phil left, sure he was busy killing off criminals but he still enjoyed every second with his flat mate, best friend and crush. 

"Sorry Dan, I got her message late so I'm leaving early." Dan huffed and stood up blocking Phil's path from the dresser to his suitcase. Phil stopped and sighed.

"Daaaan." He whined but there was a small smile tugging at his lips. Dan smirked and wrapped his arms around Phil's shoulders, halting him in place. Phil froze as Dan's long arms wrapped around him. "What are you doing?" Phil asked, awkwardly hugging him back.

"Stopping you from going." Dan mumbled into Phil's shoulder. Phil grinned stupidly and pulled Dan tighter to him. For some reason he was enjoying the gesture way too much, Dan's body just fit perfectly with his. He rested the side of his head on Dan's hair and breathed in his scent, a reminder of home. 

"I have to go Dan, I'll be back before you know it!" Phil reassured.

"Ok ... bring me back a souvenir." Dan sighed, making Phil chuckle. Dan pulled away but Phil found himself selfishly wanting to stay in the embrace. A wave of confusion washed over him at wanted to feel Dan then guilt. He was lying to his best friend. He quickly shook the thoughts out his head before smiling and picking his suitcase up.

"How about some lunch before I go?" Phil offered. Dan's face lit up, his eyes literally shining. It made Phil happy and a little flutter go off in his stomach. It confused him but it felt pleasant.

"Okay but I'm cooking, I don't want you to burn the house down before you go." Dan teased.

"Hey!" Phil frowned but chuckled anyway.

~

"Why does he need all six of us? He's solved all these difficult cases in the past so what makes this one so different? The way L's been conducting things so far, odds are he's going to send a stand in or a fake to meet us instead of coming himself! It's not like we'd ever know ..." Joe snapped.

"Well it is possible ..." Marcus agreed.

"I believe L, I think we can trust him, and besides I don't really see how we can solve this case without his help." Tim protested.

"I agree." said Jack.

"From the beginning he's been very upfront about the fact that he would need the help of police on this case. Perhaps we should think of it like ... he's been waiting for this to happen all along." Mr Howell interjected.

"Why would he do something like that?" Tim asked, confused.

"There were a number of people on the task force who distrusted L before this investigation began and once we got started we had detectives resigning left and right. Following that, classified information was leaked, so I'm not surprised that he didn't trust us."

"In other words, he was waiting for the task force to narrow down only to those investigators he could trust, and to do that he needed to weed out anyone who wasn't totally committed." Joe concluded.

Marcus frowned, "If we're working with that guy I'm leaving the task force! You don't have to worry, I won't try to follow you, I'm not interested in finding L." He snapped and walked away. The others watched him leave before Alfie spoke up.

"Well I think we can trust L so Id be willing to co-operate with him on this investigation." 

"Count me in." Joe agreed.

Mr Howell nodded in understanding. "L said he would be changing hotels every few days from this point on. He says that we should think of the hotel room as the temporary head quarters for now. We all have to be outside his room at 6pm. He also said to come a separate times, possibly in pairs so no one gets suspicious." He explained.

Mr Howell and Tim went up first, followed by Joe and Alfie, then Jack all ten minutes apart until they were all outside L's hotel room door.

Mr Howell gulped and smoothed back his hair before knocking firmly on the door. Not only a minute later did Jim open the door and looked every one over. "L had asked that he have a private word with Mr Howell before meeting the rest of the task force." He explained. Everyone looked at each other, confused before nodding. 

Mr Howell held his breath and walked through the door that Jim held open. He continued through a narrow hallway then into a large living room with a window over looking the city. L was looking out the window, back facing Mr Howell. He could make out a mop of dark hair until they turned around, blue eyes staring into his soul.

"Hello Mr Howell."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~HelloAnonymousWriter~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 339 24
Dan and Phil have been best friends for years, but, when Dan finds a Death Note, could their friendship drift apart? Could Dan loose control over the...
683 49 19
Charlie has never been happy. When things around her are perfect, it doesn't take long for them to come crashing back down again. But the things taki...
92.5K 4.4K 11
"And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." -John Donne L and Light both know it- Light's Kira and he's going to...
549 50 12
This is a story about how two girls find Dan and Phil and turn their world upside down. Will their impact bring Dan and Phil EVEN CLOSER TOGETHER?? (...