Happier | BTS | [Eng]

By MinMiso93

They say that a single flapping of a butterfly's wings can cause a tornado on the other side of the Earth. Th... More

Author's note
000. Intro
00. Prologue
Part I : When the bubble pops
0 - Mondo
I - 15 MILLION WON
II - A breath of fresh air
III - The Snow Globe
IV - The bad mood
V - The symphony of emotions
VI - When unity is not strength
VII - Human again
VIII - The art of stagnation
IX - The Tradition
X - The purpose of the Universe
Map
XI - Chasing after money
-XIII - Break a leg!
-XIV- The longest way
-XV- Household scenes
-XVI- The elegant man
-XVII- Do You have any ice?
- XVIII- Terrible thingS

XII - Hidden Beauties

7 2 1
By MinMiso93

Seoul, Myeong Dong

When we saw them hanging around outside in such good clothes, we wondered what they hadn't understood in "cover yourself well so that you can't be recognized". But still, it was not their fault that they were so handsome and so difficult to hide from society.

Jin had put on a black shirt, blue jeans pants and a large suede grena. Next to him, Tae Hyung didn't blend in either: he had opted for a collarless pale pink shirt - because Jin-hyung liked this color - and black jeans that perfectly moulded his long legs.

With each step they took, people turned around and took pictures of them discreetly. "Do you think they're celebrities?" Could be heard coming out of the mouths of a few girls who were lucky enough to pass by them. "They're too handsome" said some, "I want a picture with them" said others. Jin was even surprised that they were not recognized at a glance, so there were still people who didn't know them?

- So Jin-Hyung? What do we do now? What does it say? Tae Hyung asked impatiently, trying to read what was transcribed on the card too.

- Um...Walk around Myeong-Dong, one of the most active places in Seoul and have a good time, he read aloud. That's what we're already doing.

- I wonder what others are doing. V said with a sigh. If they are doing better than us...

- But we're doing very well! Jin riposted. We're exactly doing what's said in the paper. We're walking around Myeong-Dong.

- I know, right? Tae Hyung said with a hearty smile. Plus, being with you is already having a good time.

Jin just nodded his head. And wasn’t like him. He could be the cheesiest person in the world when he felt like it. Tae Hyung lowered his head. An unusual silence settled between them.
Actually, Jin still couldn't get over losing at a simple game, but he was doing his best not to show it because he knew very well that it was immature.

- Do you want to do a role-playing game? Asked V.

- Nah, let's just go to shopping malls like normal people ! 

Tae Hyung, followed his friend in silence. He wished Jin had asked his opinion. They arrived in front of a men's ready-to-wear shop and Jin took his phone out of his pocket, took a picture, recorded it and opened their fan-café page. He was about to disclose it when suddenly his partner stopped him.

- Hyung, what are you doing?

- Well, I am posting a selca for the fans... Don't worry, you're in it too! Besides, you look great in your clothes today.

- I don’t think that’s a good idea! Tae Hyung said by talking a little too loud. People began to turn around so they resumed their discussion by whispering. If any fans know we are walking around Myeong-Dong now, they’re gonna come flocking in!     

- C’mon, stop dramatizing… Jin replied, shaking his head. Oh my God, I feel like our roles are reversed! I'm the one who's supposed to warn you not to do anything stupid and not the other way...

- Pardon? Are you saying that all you’re supposed to do is watch me and scold me like a child? He said, raising his voice.

- I'm not saying you're right, but that's not totally false! No need to get angry....

Jin put his phone in his pocket and put his hat back on while admiring himself in the shop window.

- But I'm not angry! V did by shaking his head sharply.

- It looks that way to me, though.

- If that's the way you feel about it...! And why are we fighting, again?!

- Because you're a very bad teammate!

- No, that's not true! V said by stepping forward one step. The truth is, we're supposed to work as a team, but you do everything on your own!

- Well, if you think I'm not "collaborator" enough for your taste, then you just have to do the same for Tae Hyung!

- Fine.

- Fine! Jin bided by turning away, ready to go.

Tae Hyung rolled his eyes as Jin gradually disappeared from his field of vision. We were supposed to stay in group, growled V when he suddenly heard Kim Seok Jin's voice commanding him to run from afar. A blissful smile settled on Tae's face as he saw this tall boy screaming atrociously and running out of breath as if he were being attacked by a shark with legs.

- RUN! Seok Jin intimated by pulling him by the sleeve of his garment.

-What? Why? What's going on? V asked, pretending to be stoic.

Jin had stopped to regain his strength.

- The...FANS...spotted us! Jin shouted as he panted. We have to leave and hurry!

- They spotted you, you mean... V replied with a laugh.

- Stop talking and run, I feel they're approaching...

Behind them, a loud noise was heard: hysterical and high-pitched cries followed them from behind. Jin sighed and V gave him a delighted smile, it was always different to be popular and apparently Myeong-Dong was not a very good idea. How could they have a good time in a place like this?
Tae Hyung took his teammate by the hand and pulled him so they could run together. "We're getting old, aren't we?” Released V laughing, Jin smiled back at him and they quickly headed for the exit of the shopping mall.

- They're over there! A high school girl in a blue uniform shouted to warn the rest of her troupe.

Jin was struggling to run because of his tight pants while Tae Hyung was having a great time.

- Hyung, I feel like I'm shooting a drama! That's great! He said while laughing.

He was beginning to slow down. Seok Jin asked him not to hang around while laughing and they doubled in speed. They passed by the cosmetics counters, bypassed a ZARA shop, crossed a jewelry store and finally saw the exit.
Once outside among the crowd, they sighed in relief and looked into each other's eyes to finally burst out laughing.

- For... earlier... I'm sorry. Jin confessed by placing his hand on V's shoulder. I didn't mean to imply that-

- Save the apologies for later! Tae Hyung yapped. I see them coming!

The group of girls in uniform had found them and the horde immediately started running again. In front of the two boys, a poorly parked van stood, forming a cul-de-sac. Jin looked around and noticed a kind of isolated and totally empty store at the other end of the sidewalk. He pulled the sleeve out of V's shirt and they stepped across the street in a hurry. They entered the store and immediately looked for a place to hide. They had finally lost them. Slowly, they caught their breath and slumped on the icy ground that cooled them as best they could.

There was a sweet smell of pastry in the air. The two boys quickly noticed that it was a coffee shop. It wasn't very big but the place had something comfortable. The back wall was turquoise; there were drawings of dark brown cherry branches with pale pink and ochre buds. The other three walls were half glazed and brought a cozy side to the small living room on the left. The sofas and big footstools looked as soft as a cheesecake and the large empty library looked like candy bars. Everything in the room looked delicious, even the lavender purple tablecloths looked like marzipan.

- You were saying? V asked, gently hitting Jin's abdomen, totally exhausted.

- I didn't mean it when I said you were a bad partner... It's just that my pride took a hit when I lost at rock-paper-scissors that I ended up thinking I was mad at you...

- I know... That's why I told you I wasn't upset...

* * *

Jin Ah had been in the kitchen since the early morning. She gave body and soul to the preparation of her cakes. The café finally had tables and chairs and when she thought of the lime pies and eclaire already in the window, she felt very proud. On her desk there were already a clafoutis, soft walnut squares, buns and raisin breads waiting patiently to be brought to the vitrine.
Jin Ah loved the coffee and the kitchen she had spent hours imagining with Yoo Jin: cream-coloured walls with little touches of light green here and there.
They didn’t regret letting the youngest one take care of the walls. Mi So was so happy that she had spent weeks hanging out with painters and masons, just to add her decorative touch.

- Mm, all I have to do now is bake the brownies and bake the cookie dough. Jin Ah said by putting a tray of croissants in the oven.

She then prepared a dish and poured her brownies into it. The pastry was probably the best way to relax her: all that sugar and chocolate at her disposal!

Since this morning, she had been doing her best not to overthink: why there were still no customers, had Yoo Jin found Gong Ji Kwan, had Bo Hwa found a job, would her little sister succeed in her interview, how would the Jin&Jin's Café stand out from the crowd in the middle of all these big ones...
Jin Ah shook her head sharply to chase away her ugly thoughts and looked for her phone in the pocket of her white and pink checkered apron. She turned on her cell phone and noticed a missed call from Yoo Jin. She didn't call back, fearing bad news and took the clafoutis to put it in the vitrine instead. When she saw the empty customer room, a veil of disappointment fell on her face.

- Welcome to "Jin&Jin's Café" what can I do for you? She repeated loudly and clearly just to train when she would have real clients.

- How did you know we were hiding here? Someone asked, in a very surprised tone.

Jin Ah, amazed to see two apparitions of boys sagging on the floor of her shop, shouted a scream of stupor as she threw her cake into the air. The plate broke on the ground and the three of them started screaming. "There are PEOPLE in the shop!" She said scared, "There are...people...in the shop!" she said a second time but with much less fear.

- There are customers in the shop! She said one last time, happy to have her first customers.

Jin and Tae Hyung looked at each other without knowing how to react. They got up and looked outside first to make sure all the fans were gone. And finally, when they had their feet on the ground, they realized that because of them, the poor girl had ruined her clafoutis. Jin assessed the damage and took out his wallet.

- We're very sorry about that. We will refund you, if you could tell us the price...he said with a kind smile.

Of their great size and incomparable beauty, Jin Ah immediately recognized the two members of BTS.

Calm down, they're customers, a little respect please...V AND JIN ARE IN MY SHOP! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! She screamed deep inside herself. Jin Ah hardly swallowed her saliva and did not show for a second that she knew them for fear of scaring them away.

- The cake costs... 49,900 won. She stammered, staring at them.

Jin took out his money and paid the exact amount that Jin Ah seized with a shaky hand.

- You speak very good Korean. V told her with a smile.

Jin Ah froze and blushed instantly. Tae Hyung thought she had some pretty special features, like a has-been model. Her large eyes suited her very well, as did her pulpy lips.

- Are you all right? Jin asked him in an amused tone. You're as red as the strawberry coulis on your cake.

- Huh? Uh, yes, I'm... I'm fine. Thank you. You're welcome... spluttered Jin Ah put the money in her apron pocket.
She thought she was ridiculous.

- All right... I think we're going to leave. Isn't that right? He asked his teammate, elbowing him.

Tae Hyung looked at the food behind the vitrine and moistened his lips. When Jin Ah saw him do that, she thought she was dying of happiness. She flushed again. How could he be this handsome?

- You'll probably find me boring... but I'm hungry Hyung: of pastry. V replied, pointing the scattered pie at the ground. The smell tells me it's really delicious.

Jin sighed as he looked at Tae Hyung but actually, he too was dying to eat. It was almost noon past and they hadn't eaten anything yet. Besides, it would be rude not to help this young girl pick up the debris. Especially since it was their fault....

- What do you have besides pies? Jin asked finally while bending down to pick up the breaks.

- Oh no! No! She shouted, horrified. Don't bother for that, come on! Jin Ah supplied, hesitating to take him by the shoulder.

Tae Hyung stopped the girl with one hand with a charming smirk.

- It's the least we can do! He said, repressing a laugh, he wasn't going to help Jin, it was his punishment.  

A little later, Jin Ah came back from the kitchen with a broom, a shovel and a small grey bin. When they had finished picking everything up, she offered them chocolate éclairs and two large parts of soft walnut squares with the same nervousness as at the beginning. When Jin Ah saw their delighted faces, she couldn't help but giggle like a schoolgirl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 424 60
Seven young boys grew up together and played in the park when they were young. Everything was changed when one of the oldest, Yoongi, had to move awa...
3.2K 297 31
" They came again yesterday." I mutter, absorbed in the wave of happiness the memory brings me. " Who came?" The Therapist questioned, eyes glued to...
1.2K 163 57
"Okay, I'm sorry, I'm just saying, you know literally nothing, and to a normal person, that was a normal interaction. Don't read anything into it unt...
119K 4.9K 24
'and what if I want to be yours Min Yoongi?' 'you know what I am y/n. you can't be serious' -- Y/N, the girl with no friends. No interaction. Nothin...