Stuck With The Playboy [Not E...

By itsjustmejessica14

Read at your own RISK! It's a well know fact that opposites attract. Like Magnets, or charged... More

P R O L O G U E [ T r a i l e r + C a s t ]
Chapter one - Coming Home
Chapter two - She's My Sister You Idiot!
Chapter three - Welcome Back Students
Chapter four - The Kiss,Phone Number and Locked In School
Chapter five - Oh great!
Chapter six - Tabloids
Chapter seven - Family Dinner
Chapter eight - Ignoring, Assignment, Facebook
Chapter nine - He's Really Confusing!
Chapter ten - Deal
Chapter eleven - Masquerade Ball
Chapter twelve - Spin The Bottle
Chapter thirteen - Slips Out
Chapter fourteen - Princess
Chapter fifteen - Just My Luck
Chapter sixteen - Ryson
Chapter seventeen - Jealously Just Kicked In
Chapter eighteen - Losing My Mind
Chapter nineteen - Arranged Marriage?
Chapter twenty - Nothing But A Lie
Chapter twenty one - Making Him Jealous
Chapter twenty two - Promise You
Chapter twenty three - Beach House?
Author's note
IMPORTANT: Author's Note
IMPORTANT Authors Note:

Chapter twenty four - Memories

9.5K 255 43
By itsjustmejessica14

Chapter twenty four – Memories

I was emotionless.

I was scared to tell Madison.

But I told her.

I was thinking and thinking while I was driving, I kept on staring at the road the straight which we were leading to the hospital.

Madison worried me a lot, she cared for Chloe instead of being best friends they are like sisters. She would hate if anything happened to her. Madison took it differently than I thought she would, she didn’t even say a word when I told her the news, she handed me the car keys and she walked off to the car, without a single word. I would look at Ky worriedly if she would do something, but she would just stare at the window.

As we made it to the hospital, I parked the car and shut the engine.

I looked at Madison, as she was staring at the dashboard.

Ky spoke in, “I’ll sign in for all of us.” I nodded still looking at Madison.

Ky opened the door and shut the door, as I saw him walking up the stairs.

It was nothing but silence.

She licked the lips. “We should go.” She said.

I nodded not pushing it even further.

I got out of the car as she did the same. I locked the car and came quickly to Madison’s side.

I was about to walk by her side, but surprisingly she slipped her hand with mine. I felt her squeeze my hand tightly.

***

I sat down beside Madison waiting for the doctors or someone to let us know if Chloe is fine.

We also called Chloe’s parents to tell them the bad news, they were hard to get through but once they answered. Chloe’s parents were mortified, they also didn’t take it too well. But we had to let them know.

Ky came over with some coffee and handed me and Madison on, including himself. “Here,” he said. “Heard any news?” he asked.

Madison shook her head.

That’s the first thing she’s doing ever since we got inside the car.

“I hope everything fine.” She said, I gave her hand a squeeze.

I smiled as she turned her head. “She’ll be fine.”  She returned the smile back.

I looked up at Madison who stood up and quickly grabbed Chloe into a hug, I saw Adam who looked shattered as well as Chloe did as well. I quickly went over to Adam and gave him a man hug.

“Hey man, are you alright?” I asked.

He nodded solemnly. “Just need to make sure Chloe is alright, I don’t want her to do anything stupid.” I looked at Adam, then back at Madison and Chloe mainly. I looked at Ky and told him to follow my lead. I mentally thought he would understand and he did.

We both took Adam away from Chloe and Madison.

I looked at Ky and back at Adam. “What do you mean stupid?”

Adam sighed sadly. “I saw her back there, she looked so helpless. I mean what could she do? I mean what I mean by stupid is – I can’t even say it.” he said looking down.

I gave him a pat on the shoulder. “Hey man, it’s okay I know what you mean.” Ky looked confused but he shook it off.

Adam meant one thing about Chloe doing something stupid.

Committing suicide.

***

MADISON’S P.O.V

“Chloe are you sure you’re okay?” she nodded.

She pressed her lips in thin line. “It’s my fault. I wished it.”

“Chloe this is not your fault, you need to stop blaming yourself.” I looked at her in the eye.

She looked down. “What do you think there all talking about?” I shrugged, to be honest they could be talking about anything.

“Let’s not think about that, so…-“she cuts me off.

“What’s happening between you and Ryder?” 

I bit my lip. “I don’t know Chloe.” 

“Do you like him?”

He’s been very sweet lately, but I can’t let that make me believe I changed my feelings about him.

Chloe was waiting for my answer, “No. I don’t.”

He’s still a player.

“I heard there’s a party next week, you want to go?” Chloe asked, I don’t know if this is alright for her. Especially when she found out about her baby. “I know what you’re thinking. But I need to stop thinking about it or else my exams are just not going to get me in a good college. I just need to stop thinking and just do it.” She sighed, “I just need a little alcohol in my system, that’s all I’m asking.” She doesn’t alright to me, but should I trust her? “Madison seriously I’m fine, I know about the whole baby thing is weighing on me, but I know somewhere in the future I’ll get my chance.” She said smiling sadly.

I pulled her in a hug, “You will Cloe and you’ll be the best mom in the world.” I heard her chuckling, I pulled away. “But do us both a favour, and take some rest.” She sighed looking down but nodded. Chloe never liked staying in one place, she always wanted to get up and do something fun. But I guess not. “Listen Cloe,” she gestured me to go on. “Your parents are coming, I had to let them know Chloe. They were worried sick about you, you didn’t answer any of their calls.”

She frowned. “I guess I wasn’t in the mood to talk to them.”  I nod,  she looked up at me with bright eyes. “Hey Maddie, can you call Adam here please? I need to talk to him.” I nodded smiling, as I brought her to her room in the hospital. She got inside the bed and rested while waiting for Adam to come.

I left the room, and found Adam, Ryder and Ky waiting outside. Adam looked at me with bright eyes.

“How is she taking it?” he asked.

I smiled, “She’s doing fine. She’s still a little sensitive about it, but she’s going to be fine.” He sighed in relief. “And Adam?” he looked at me with hopeful eyes, his green eyes were shining.

“Yeah?”

“She’s calling for you.” He smiled widely and wasted no time and went inside the room.

I turned around and smiled when I saw them both hugging each other, while Chloe was crying when she was hugging Adam while he was wiping her tears away.

I looked away and sat down next to Ryder.

“You okay?” he asked.

I nod, I was fine. I was happy to see my best friend fine, that’s all I wanted to see.

I heard Ky mutter something at the back. “This disgusting little piece of-…” I cut him off when I see a little boy looking at Ky’s food.

“Ky!”

“What?” he asked.

I looked at the little boy, signalling him not to swear in front of him.

Ky’s mouth formed into an ‘o’. “Dipshit!”  I heard Ryder say, my eyes widen hopefully the little boy didn’t hear any of that. Ryder turned to me and winked, which caused me to blush. Damn him for making blush, this seems too happened all the time now.

“Hello little guy, what do you want?” Ky asked, his tone definitely didn’t sound happy.

The kid looked like 5 years old to me, he had dark brown sloppy hair which looked cute on him and his green eyes were big and twinkly. He looked absolutely adorable, he was wearing a sponge bob yellow top and red shorts that goes up to his knees and blue converses.

He pointed at Ky’s food. “I-I want t-that.” He said sweetly.

“Well you can’t because it’s mine,” I rolled my eyes, can’t Ky be a little nicer?

The little kid looked like he was about cry, Ky didn’t seem bothered at all.

“Hey little guy come over here,” I was surprised to see it was Ryder who called him, he was patting on his thighs motioning for him to come over to him.

The kid listened to him, “Here I have something you’ll like.” Ryder said looking at him while grinning, he took something out of his pocket as I was also keen to know what it was.

A chocolate.

The little kid’s eyes were shining as he smiled and grabbed the chocolate out of Ryder’s hand. “Thank you,” he kissed Ryder’s cheek which surprised Ryder as he chuckled and started tickling him while he laughed.

Ryder seems like he’s really good with kids, I smiled.

I blushed when he caught me looking at him, he returned the smile back and he also added in the wink.

A lady with blond hair came in holding a little girl with a pony tail. She was looking at the little kid who was on Ryder’s lap, she sighed in relief. “There you are Sebastian! I was worried where you had ran off to. Now why did you run off?” Sebastian looked down sheepishly, still on Ryder’s lap, he kept his chocolate that Ryder had given to him safely in his hands.

“I don’t like the doctors.” He replied.

She sighed and smiled, “Well that doesn’t mean you should run of like that. Do you understand?” he nodded. She took the time to look at us, well me and Ryder I don’t know where Ky ran off to.

“I’m so sorry about Sebastian, I hope he wasn’t giving you guys any trouble?” she asked looking at me and Ryder worriedly.

I smiled shaking my head, “Of course not. Sebastian was lovely child he was a little cute boy, he absolutely no trouble for us.” She smiled, probably in relief. I heard Ryder snort beside me.

“Well, I’m glad he didn’t cause you guys any trouble.” She said smiling, she looked at Sebastian. “Come on, let’s go.” She said taking out her hand so he could hold it and not run away again.

“It was nice seeing you little man or Sebastian, remember not to run off like that again. You just cause more of your family to worry about you.” Sebastian nodded, he probably felt guilty now that he realised how much he made his mom worry.

Sebastian was about to walk away, but he came closer to Ryder like he was about to say something to Ryder in his ear so only he could hear. But me being curious, I wanted to know what he was about to say, Ryder bent down to Sebastian’s height.

“Your girlfriend’s really pretty.” Sebastian said with a huge smile on his face while Ryder was – WAIT HOLD ON! Ryder was BLUSHING! Now that is something I never see.

I smile at Sebastian trying to whisper even though I heard everything. I held back my smirk, I was going to use this against Ryder someday.

Ryder adjusted himself, “I know she’s beautiful isn’t she? So much that I can’t stop looking at her.” He said looking at me in the eye, my breathing hitched as my heart started to beat faster. Oh god help me. Ryder must be joking right; I mean he’s just saying that.

Wow even I can’t lie to myself.

I looked blushing so hard I could feel my cheeks burning.

***

We finally made it to Ryder’s house, he parked the car.

But we just stayed inside, in silence.

I turn to Ryder. “It was nice of you to give Sebastian the chocolate.” I smiling.

He gave me his lazy smirk, “Aren’t I always nice.” He winked.

I resisted myself from rolling my eyes. “Sure.” He chuckled as I giggled.

“So, you coming to the party next week?” he asked giving me his hopeful eyes.

I shrugged, “I guess, why?”

He turned to face me, “You should come.” He was up to something isn’t he?

“Why?”

“Because I would really like my fiancé to show up as my date,” my head snapped towards him, he must be joking about this, he used the words fiancé and date, no there is something going on.

Surely there must be.

I laughed, “Oh Ryder that’s good! You got me!” I said laughing until my stomach began to hurt. My laughter slowly died when I met Ryder’s intense stare.

Oh he wasn’t joking.

He looked at me for a couple of seconds and got out of the car.

What did I do?

I unbuckled my seat belt and opened the door. “Ryder!” I shouted, he obviously heard me but he was being stubborn and was giving me the silent treatment.

Idiot.

I shut the door, and follow Ryder back in the house.

I didn’t know what to do, I mean what else is there to do get someone’s attention?

“Ryder.” I tried again, no response which only left me one thing to do.

I wasted no time and jumped on his back, he was obviously surprised and he tripped over something and turned around bringing to down on the ground with him. I yelped, I was waiting for something hard enough to hurt me, but it didn’t hurt at all. I slowly looked up, maybe because I fell on top of Ryder.

I saw him opening one eye and then the other. We looked each other for a few seconds and then we both bursted out laughing.

Ryder’s laughed suddenly started fading away as he was staring at me.

I stopped laughing and looked at him in the eye and realised his hands were on resting on my waist.

Out of nowhere I started to get flashbacks of when Ryder first kiss me checking if I had any feelings for me, idiot. I mentally shook my head while laughing, and when he caught me while I was falling down, while all of the cheerleaders were doing a pyramid, me being stupid I decided to go at the top and well I guess Karma happened. I fell. But luckily Ryder was there to catch me. And when at the masquerade party, he found me, I still don’t know how actually. I mean I was wearing a mask – everyone  was but still I can’t explain how he knew it was me behind the mask, I didn’t even know it was him.

I bit my lip and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear, “Urr, we should go.” He blinked a couple of times then nodded. I realised why he didn’t move, because I was on top of him. I mentally smacked my head, I blushed slightly as I heard him chuckle.

We both got up and started walking to the living room, until Ryder stopped in front of me. He rubbed the back of his neck. “Oh yeah, I forgot!” he said, while I furrowed my eyebrows. “I have a surprise for you.” He said smiling.

“What is it?”

He rolled his eyes. “If I told you then it wouldn’t be much of a surprise now would it?” he teased winking at the end.

I sighed, “Okay, then how long do I need to wait for?”

Ryder thought about it, “Maybe in a couple of hours or so.” He said smiling.

It was killing me; I wanted to know what the surprise was.

Damn it.

I don’t really like surprises, the thought of it makes me nervous and just stress more and more about it.

“Can you at least give me a hint?” I asked crossing my arms.

He chuckles, “No can do princess, I already told that person I wouldn’t tell you anything-…”

I pointed my index finger at him. “AH HA!” his eyes widen. “So it’s a person.” I said crossing my arms feeling satisfied.

He cleared his throat. “I already said too much.” He then walks away quickly.

I followed him. “So did Chloe say anything?” he asked, grabbing the remote control turning on the T.V.

I sat down next to him. “She’s still pretty much in shock, I mean Chloe and Adam thought so much about the baby, and of course she’d still be in shock.” I said frowning. “But when I was talking to her, she brings up the idea about going to a party, she seemed so okay like herself when she said that to me. I didn’t want to say,  I still think she needs to rest.” Ryder wrapped his arm around me.

“Hey you’ll be fine, seriously and so will Chloe.” I turned to face him, and smiled when he did the same.

We both locked eyes, we both broke apart when I realised he had his arm around me and we were really really close to each other.

“How’s Adam?” I ask, I definitely didn’t like the silence.

He looked away. “He’s fine, now that him and Chloe are together.” I nod looking down.

Ryder smirked. “Do you remember when you were my salve for 3 weeks?”

I glared at him. “How could I not forget. It was the day when I had to see the jerk every single day.” I said hiding my smile.

He nudged me. “It got us closer, didn’t it?” he winked.

It weird how before Ryder and I barely even noticed each other. Even though we were neighbours, but we would always leave at different times when it was a school day. Ryder and Zach stopped hanging out for some unknown reason. But Zach had his own friends, maybe the both of them just decided to hang out with different people? I didn’t really care about Ryder’s presence, I never really liked him, after I found out what he does to girls.

I realised that Ryder has changed, he hasn’t been with any other girl.

I wonder why?

And I was planning on finding out, what exactly he’s trying to do.

---END OF CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR---

Hey lovelies, I’m finally back from writers block! But I will start updating properly and on time when I can and if I can. This is a filler, so I wouldn’t expect you guys to find it really interesting.  I guess some of you guys have forgotten about this story since I haven’t been updating and I understand that but I am back to updating it, so I stop updating, this story just means the world to me, of course I’m not going to stop.

PROBLEM: Do you think Ryder is up to something? Comment down below.

DEDICATION: Favourite part you enjoyed and why? (Please comment below)

Curious Fun Facts (haven’t done these for ages!)

Curious #1: Did you know that Chloe had miscarriage before finding out.

Curious #2: I was going to write somewhere along the lines, that Madison or Ryder would get hit by a bus, but then I thought I would think of something else.

Curious #3: Ryson (Ryder + Madison) were supposed to kiss in this chapter…

Hope you guys liked the chapter, please vote and tell me what you thinking by commenting down below! :D

Love you, stay beautiful, Jessica <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.4K 1.9K 33
If he wants to keep her, he'll have to destroy her first ... Reviewers and readers are FALLING IN LOVE with Angel Kissed: "A truly wonderful book!"...
3.5M 123K 49
(Previously known as Mr vs Miss Delinquent) Dylan, turned to me slowly before kneeling and collecting my books, when he stood back up he was welcomed...
102K 2.3K 54
Jourdan Mathews has a secret, and she knows she needs to take this one to the grave. * * * Her life was never complicated: a college student with a...
10.3M 345K 33
"What the hell?! Kennedy!" I watch as Ryder turns around furiously and strides towards me. Oh oh. Maybe I took it too far... "What'...