The Pentelements *SLOW UPDATE...

Od Josalen144

Kirstie can see into the future Avi can see the past Mitch is a charmer Kevin is the brain Scott is the brawn... Více

PROLOGUE
Ch. 1 Meetings at the Mall
Ch. 2 New Arrival
Ch. 3 Robots and Aliens
Ch. 4 Avi's Family
Ch. 5 Motel Madness
Ch. 6 Can You Hear Me?
Ch. 7 Testing Talents
Ch. 8 Showing Avi & Sneaking Around
Ch. 9 Let's Talk
Ch. 10 Questions and Confessions
Ch. 11 Stolen
Ch. 12 Police Station
A/N Anniversary Party!!!!
Ch. 13 First Look
Ch. 14 Pursuing the Persuader
Ch. 15 All Around the Mulberry Bush
Ch. 16 Can I Play?
Ch. 17 Don't You Dare
Ch. 18 Uh Oh
A/N Sneak Peek
Ch. 19 What Did You Do?!
Ch. 20 We Need A Plan
Ch. 21 Race Against Time
Ch. 22 Survival Strategy
Ch. 23 Plane Escape
Ch. 24 What A Day
Ch. 25 Family Matters
Ch. 26 Goodbye
Ch. 27 Shenanigans
Ch. 28 Truth or Dare
Ch. 29 Group Chat
Ch. 30 Almost There
A/N Valentine's Day (OPEN)
Ch. 32 Chores
Ch. 33 Ruckus
Ch. 34 Welcome
Ch. 35 Break It
Ch. 36 Are We There Yet?
Ch. 37 Getting Started
Ch. 38 Avi's Turn
Ch. 39 Cheerleader
Ch. 40 Trampoline
Ch. 41 Explanation (Avi)
Ch. 42 Fun Times
Ch. 43 Early Morning
Ch. 44 Eggs
Ch. 45 Double Yolk
Ch. 46 Face Value
Ch. 47 Boots
Ch. 48 Getting Ready
Ch. 49 Fashion Police
Ch. 50 :)
Ch. 51 Growth Spurt
Ch. 52 Explanation (Kevin/Todrick)
Ch. 53 Friends and Foes
Ch. 54 Mitch vs. Avi
Ch. 55 Two Against One
Ch. 56 Accidentally, Of Course
Ch. 57 Police Chase
Ch. 58 Breathe
Ch. 59 Munchie
Ch. 60 Meditate
Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings
A/N Quick Update

Ch. 31 Test Drive

307 16 9
Od Josalen144

A/N Okay before y'all start yelling, let me inform you: I said I was gonna update on Tuesday. I never said which Tuesday ;) Sorry for making you guys wait, but I promise this chapter will be worth it. Love you and enjoy!

~*~*~

Scott reached for the doorbell, ready to ring it, but paused and looked at his hand.

'Don't break it, don't break it, don't break it, don't break it.'

He took another deep breath and put his finger on the button. Then he very slowly and carefully added pressure until he heard it ring inside the house. Removing his hand, he hesitated before gently knocking on the door.

"I'LL GET IT~!!!" A voice sang inside the house.

It was followed by other voices, muffled from the door. As he waited, he thought about ringing the doorbell again but decided not to. Instead, he pulled out the sticky note and checked it one more time. As he was looking it over, the door opened.

"Yes~? Can I help you?" A melodious voice asked.

Scott glanced at them and had to do a double take, feeling speechless.

Standing inside the doorway, was Mitch, wearing the frilly French maid's costume. Mitch was surprised as well, seeing a tall, good looking blond outside of the house. Realizing he hasn't answered his question, Mitch decided to use it as an excuse to stare at him. As Mitch looked at him expectantly, Scott blinked and took a small step back.

"I'm... sorry..." He briefly glanced at the address on the note again. "I... must have the wrong house."

Inside, Kirstie heard the familiar voice and hopped over to the stairs to see. She gasped and her face lit up.

"SCOTT!" She shouted happily, making him look up at her.

She jumped over the chair she was standing on and quickly slid down the banister. When she got to the bottom, she hopped off and landed on the rug next to Mitch. Avi looked over the railing and immediately called her out.

"Hey! You're on the floor! Kevin, she's on the floor!" He complained over his shoulder, causing Kirstie to look up at him.

She rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips.

"I am not on the floor. For your information, I am on a rug." She replied, rolling the r.

"The rug is on the floor genius." He shot back. Then he glanced at the taller man outside. "Oh hey, Scott."

Scott gave a small, shy wave.

"The chairs and couches are on the floor and I can stand on them." Kirstie challenged.

"The chairs and couches are elevated off the floor."

"You never said there had to be a specific height limit for what I can or cannot stand on. You just said I can't touch the floor, and right now, I'm technically not touching the floor." She declared with a small smirk.

Avi gave her a soft glare before turning to Kevin.

"Come on, Kev. Back me up here!"

"Normally I would, because everyone knows how to play 'the floor is lava'. But, since she makes such a sound argument, I'll let it slide this one time." He announced, making Kirstie cheer and Avi groan.

With a satisfied smirk, Kirstie turned back to Scott with a renewed excitement.

"Now that that's settled. Hi! Come in! I can't believe you're actually here! Well, I mean, I can because I saw it happen, but I didn't think you'd show up so soon!"

"Uh, yeah. It was a surprise to me too." He agreed, subtly eyeing Mitch curiously.

Kirstie followed his gaze and her eyes lit up with realization.

"Oh, that's right! You two haven't met yet." She exclaimed. "Well, let me introduce you two. Scott, this is Mitch. Mitch, Scott."

"Um, hi." Scott said awkwardly, extending his hand.

Mitch gently took his hand and gave him a sultry look.

"Pleasure."

He also made sure to use just the right amount of his charm during the interaction, and hid a tiny smirk when he saw Scott's cheeks start to turn pink. Mitch was snapped out of it when Kirstie lightly smacked his hand, making him let go of Scott's.

"Cut that out. Don't you have some dusting to do?" She asked, and Mitch rolled his eyes but started going back upstairs anyway.

As he walked away, he couldn't help but smile a bit when he glanced back and noticed Scott watching him. Deciding to give him something to look at, Mitch made sure to sway his hips a little as he went up the steps.

"I didn't know you guys had a maid." Scott commented, finally tearing his eyes away from the frilly outfit.

"Hmm? Oh, we don't. He's one of us."

"Then... why was he wearing that?"

"Oh that. Earlier today we were playing Truth or Dare, and if you passed on a turn then you had to do a punishment dare that you couldn't refuse." She explained. "My punishment is I have to play 'floor is lava', and Mitch's punishment was that he had to wear the costume and dust around the house."

"But... where did he even get it?" Scott questioned, and Kirstie gave a mischievous grin.

"It's Avi's. He likes to sleep in it."

Before Scott's face had time to properly react, Avi's voice came from up the stairs.

"Don't listen to her, Scott! She is lying!" He yelled from the living room.

"Butt out, Avi! Last time I checked this wasn't your conversation!" Kirstie snapped teasingly. "We really did get it from Avi though. Well, technically from his sister. She packed it in his bag as a prank."

"Oh... hey uh, speaking of sisters. My sister, Lindsey, wanted me to tell you she likes your future vision."

"Really? Aww, well tell her thank you for me."

"I will."

"And speaking of bags, aren't you gonna bring yours in?" Kirstie asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, right..."

Scott grabbed his bags and brought them inside the house.

"Now I must warn you. Kevin can get really picky and he doesn't like it when people wear shoes in the house. I suggest taking them off, unless you want him to unleash the beast."

"I heard that." Kevin said in a warning tone, making Kirstie giggle.

"I'm just kidding, but you do have to take your shoes off."

"Alright, if you say so." Scott complied, then he took his shoes off and left them by the door with the others.

He was about to go upstairs when Kirstie stopped him again.

"Wait! Before you go up, would you mind, maybe, giving me a piggyback ride? Normally I'd just forget the whole 'floor is lava' thing and walk up the stairs, but I'm pretty sure if I did, then Sir Shouts-a-lot would have a conniption fit." She said, raising her voice a bit towards the end.

"Shut up, Kirstin." He snapped back, and Scott chuckled.

"Sure, I'll give you a ride." He agreed.

"You sure? I mean, I don't want you to feel obligated."

"It's fine, plus it'll be easier than having to figure out a way back up yourself."

"I guess you're right..."

"Here, hop on." Scott instructed, crouching down.

With a smile, Kirstie jumped on his back and he made sure she was secure before grabbing his bags again.

"Are you okay?" She asked as they started heading up the stairs.

"I'm fine." He replied with a smile.

"Right, super strength."

"Are you okay?"

"Hmm? I'm good. You're really comfy." She joked with a smile of her own. "So, are you ready to join us?"

"I'm not joining just yet. This is... how can I put it?" Scott thought for a moment before remembering what Lauren told him. "It's like when you want to buy a car. Before you buy it, you have a test drive."

"And this is your test drive?"

"Yeah, this is a test drive."

"That's a pretty good analogy." Kirstie praised when they got to the top of the stairs.

"Thanks, my sister Lauren was the one who came up with it... I hope that's okay."

"The analogy? Well, I guess people can use it if they ever have a situation like this one. Not sure how we'd get the whole world to know it though."

Scott chuckled as he helped her stand on a chair again.

"No, not that. I mean, I hope it's okay that I'm not joining right away."

"Scott, it's perfectly fine! If you don't want to join yet, then that's your decision. Don't feel pressured to do anything you don't want to." She assured him, and Scott smiled. "Just like you can't buy a car without test driving it first, you don't have to join us without seeing what it's like to work with everyone."

"Thank you, Kirstin."

"My friends call me Kirstie." She informed him, giving him a pointed look.

"Thanks, Kirstie."

With a smile, she made her way back into the kitchen while Kevin came over to his newest house guest.

"Hey, Scott. Good to see you again." Kevin greeted. "Here, let me take your bags."

Scott immediately took a step back.

"No it's okay, I've got them. Trust me, they're really heavy... well, not for me but still."

"Alright, well let me at least show you where you can put them for now." He offered, and Scott nodded.

After a quick trip to one of the rooms upstairs, Kevin started asking Scott questions.

"So, Scott, how long have you had your strength?"

"Um, my whole life I think?" He thought for a few seconds. "I can't remember how old I was, but my sister told me that when I was a baby, I apparently lifted a couch because I couldn't reach a ball that had rolled underneath it. It really freaked out our parents."

"Well that's definitely something I wish I could've seen." Kevin chuckled, and they sat down in the living room. "Do you know how strong you are? Or at least know of anything you can't lift or break?"

Scott slowly shook his head as he thought about all the different things he had encountered in his life so far.

"I mean... I guess I can't lift a building, but that's probably because I've never tried."

"Well don't worry, we'll figure it out. Anything else?"

"No... I pretty much destroy almost everything I touch." Scott shamefully admitted. "Earlier when I was texting my family, I even cracked my phone because I sneezed."

"Really? When was this?"

"A couple minutes after I got off the plane, so... maybe a little more than a half hour ago?"

"Can I see it?"

"Uh... sure."

Scott fished his phone out of his pocket and handed it over. Kevin took it and inspected the phone and its case. He saw the cracks across the screen and traced it to the edges of the case. Then he peeled the case back and checked how thick it was, gently applying pressure in multiple places. Kevin finally smiled when he saw a thin crack in the case itself.

"Fascinating." He commented, then he put the case back on and handed the phone back. "Don't worry, I have a friend coming over soon. When he gets here, we'll be able to help you with your strength."

"Really?"

"Of course! I'm sure he'd love to help us out." Kevin said, then he chuckled. "I can't wait to see his face when he meets you all."

"So, how well do you know everyone?"

"A bit more than normal people would be able to say after a few days. Thanks to my own power, I'm able to notice things about people that others would probably overlook. You'd be amazed with how much you can tell about someone's personality just by watching them when you're waiting for something."

"Well that didn't sound creepy at all." Scott joked, and Kevin playfully rolled his eyes.

"Oh, so you're telling me you've never gone to the mall and people watched when you were bored or waiting for a movie to start?"

"Okay, you've got me there."

They both chuckled a bit before going into a comfortable second of silence. But only for a second.

"KEVIN!!! Avi keeps moving the chairs!" Kirstie complained from the kitchen.

"NO I'M NOT!" Avi defended. "Just because I wanted to sit down at the table does not mean I'm moving all the chairs!"

"But did you really have to take that one?! How am I supposed to go in the living room now?"

"Find another way! Besides, I just grabbed the first chair I saw."

"THERE WAS ALREADY A CHAIR IN THAT SPOT!!!" She yelled at him.

"Huh... maybe I wanted this one."

"Then at least put the other chair where you got that one."

"See I would, but I don't really feel like it."

There was silence for a few moments, and then....

"Ow! Ow! Stop it! Kevin, she's attacking me!" Avi yelled, causing Mitch to look over.

When he saw the situation, instead of helping he started to laugh.

"Kirstin, throw the banana at him next!" Mitch instructed, and she complied.

"OW! Mitch, stop it! You're not helping!" Avi snapped, but Mitch just laughed more.

"Oh great, here we go again." Kevin sighed and stood up. Then he saw Scott's confused face. "Don't worry, this happens all the time."

As he watched Kevin go into the kitchen to settle the dispute, Scott could only think of one thing.

'What did I get myself into?'

~*~*~

A/N That's all folks! What did you think? Did you like it? I had fun writing it! Have a great day and don't forget to boop that little vote button with your nose. BAIII!!!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

9.8K 399 36
"Mitch he can't continue to treat you like a secret." "But Kirstie you don't understand, I am a secret..." Scott and Mitch have been keeping a secret...
554 25 41
[discontinued due to lack of inspiration and mo longer being in the fandom. Sorry] Fourth book in the Can't Say series. These past few months have be...
14.9K 310 33
When Breanna runs into the famous Scott Hoying her life is flipped upside down. She becomes best friends with the amazing band which changes her life...
9.1K 430 11
Mitch: "I can be mean though." Avi: "That's okay, I'll take care of you." Sailing under the radar while we obsessed over Scömìche, this is the ship t...