A Dragon's Mermaid

By GreenEyedKoneko

Book 1 in The Beasts Mate Series. This book contains 18+ content, so readers must be 18 years of age or older... More

A Dragon's Mermaid
Chapter One 🌊
Chapter Two πŸ‰
Chapter Three 🌊
Chapter Four 🌊
Chapter Five πŸ‰
Chapter Six 🌊
Chapter Seven πŸ‰
Chapter Eight πŸ‰
Chapter Nine 🌊
Chapter Ten πŸ‰
Chapter Eleven 🌊
Chapter Twelve πŸ‰
Chapter Thirteen 🌊
Chapter Fourteen 🌊
Chapter Fifteen πŸ‰
Chapter Sixteen 🌊
Chapter Seventeen πŸ‰
Chapter Eughteen 🌊
❀️Chapter Nineteen 🌊
❀️Chapter Twenty πŸ‰
Chapter Twenty-One 🌊
Chapter Twenty-two 🌊
Chapter Twenty-three πŸ‰
Chapter Twenty-four 🌊
Chapter Twenty-five πŸ‰
❀️Chapter Twenty-six 🌊
Chapter Twenty-seven 🌊
Chapter Twenty-eight πŸ‰
❀️Chapter Twenty-nine 🌊
Chapter Thirty πŸ‰
Chapter Thirty-one 🌊
Chapter Thirty-twoπŸ‰
Chapter Thirty-three🌊
Chapter Thirty-five 🌊
Chapter Thirty-six 🌊
❀️Chapter Thirty-seven πŸ‰

Chapter Thirty-four πŸ‰

1.9K 80 11
By GreenEyedKoneko

My hands roam down Avalon's waist as she gets ready. The first day of the festival has arrived, and the den is full of life. Not that it is lifeless yet there seems to be a special buzz in the air. The Elders and adults of the pack are in tune with the magic. The hatchlings are excited for the games and food they get to eat. Also, those who recently came of age will use today to seek out their mate. Festivals make the entire clan gather at once, and it allows everyone to catch up and bond. My sweet treasure has been buzzing with excitement. She is looking forward to the festival despite her nerves. This is the first large scale event she has planned, and wants everything to go well. While preparations were being made I overheard the clan women praise.

She is not a dragon, yet she is quickly learning our culture.
I am learning about hers as well, and would like to do something for her. Waverly mentioned they have a large festival at the start of summer. I will have time to do more research, and put something together. It will not be like the festivals Avalon has back home, but hopefully I can do something similar. The timing also works out because our summer festival is about four weeks later.

Avalon turns around and looks up at me with her beautiful eyes. Her ombré blue hair is curled at the end. She has her hair in a high ponytail with a gold hair tie holding it in place. She is wearing a red dress with a sweetheart neckline. The bodice of the dress has gold lace that resembles scale. The dress itself stops above her knees, and has a longer sheer back. If I remember from all of Ember's fashion rants this dress is a high-low style. I do not know much about fashion, but I do know that my mate looks beautiful.

"You look stunning today my treasure, but you always do," I say.

Avalon smiles as she stands up, and places her hands on my shirt. I am wearing a simple outfit of a red button down, black trousers and black shoes. I lean down and press a soft kiss against her lips. The kiss is short and sweet, but it settles the want for my mate. Well at least for the time being.

"Thank you Vul and I am looking forward to today. Qullian went to get Weaverly and Noir right?"

"Yes and he should be back home soon," I tell her.

When Qullian heard I was sending someone to get his mate he ran to our bedroom. He asked if he could leave to bring his mate over. It did not sit well with him to have someone else do it. I chuckled and agreed as long as he also picked up Weaverly. It is rather amusing to see Qullian with Noir. My brother was not looking forward to meeting his mate. However, in the span of a few days Noir was Qullian wrapped around her finger. I cannot say that I am any better with my own mate. I would do wharves it takes to make Avalon happy.

"That's good! I know that Ember and Mother are looking forward to meeting her," says Avalon.

I nod, "Mom knows Noir from when she was a child. Father, and her went to visit Noir's family then to sign an alliance".

Avalon nods as she stands up and wraps her arm around mine. She leans into me and rests her head on my upper arm.

"I find it interesting that you created a treaty with a tengu clan. Did they not take offense to not being invited to your home?"

I shake my head as I lead us out of our bedroom. "No and this was due to them just moving. Noir's clan is the only tengu clan in the states".

"Really? Why would they move to the states if no other clans were here?" Avalon Asia with curiosity in her voice.

"Noir's mother is half tengu and half dryad. His mother had family here, and they settled near her childhood home," I explain.

"Dryad? I do not believe I have heard of that specifies," says Avalon.

I chuckle,"I did not either until meeting Noir. A Dryad is a rare species. They are older than the Druids and it is said that the Dryads taught Druids magic".

"So they are similar to Druids then? With a close tie to nature I mean," Avalon asks for clarification.

"Yes that is the case and you could ask Noir as well. She can show you a small bit of Dryad magic. Tengu genes are dominant, and she has a small amount of dryad magic ," I tell her.

Avalon humps," I will have to ask her about it later. Hopefully Noir will feel comfortable around everyone".

"Qullian will be with her and I let everyone know to give Noir space," I said.

Noir has anxiety about being around large crowds of people. The entire clan being together could cause a panic attack. Despite this Noir is determined to come over today, and meet our family. She believes that it could be seen as disrespectful not attending toward her mate, and his family. Qullian let Noir know she does not have to attend if she is not comfortable. Noir insisted that she would be fine with Qullian beside her. Also, that she really wants to greet mother. Noir has had these attacks since she was a child. That is why I helped Noir find a space for her cafe with an apartment space above. Apparently, since her teenage years Noir has been going to therapy. Her parents made sure to find her a good therapist nearby that Noir felt comfortable with. The Gods were in her favor because his current therapist is good friends with her old one.

I do not know too much of Noir's past, and her anxiety. The reason I was made aware of it was the alliance between our clans. Hironori, Noir's father, told me enough to protect herm  With time I am sure that Noir will open up to Qullian. I would not make either of them tell me private matters. The only reason I may if it  endangers the clan.

We are stopped in the hallway when Weaverly and Noir appear out of nowhere. They hug Avalon, and she laughs while returning their hug. Thankfully I managed to keep her balance. Qullian is behind them with a smile on his face. He seems happy to have his mate here. The dominant mate always wants their mate nearby and in their home. It makes us feel that we can better protect our mates. This does not mean that our mate is in danger. There is always this thought in the back of our minds. That we have to protect our mate, and family's

"You're finally here!" Avalon says happily as she hugs them.

"Yes and I forgot how big the den was! I would get lost without Qullian," says a happy Weaverly.

"Seriously! How do you not get lose Ava?" Noir asks with big curious eyes.

Avalon smiles at him as she runs her fingers through Noir's dark hair. This seems to calm Noir down.

"I got lost a few times at first, but thanks to Vulcan and everyone I learned where everything is," answers Avalon.

"Oh thank goodness! Qullian you are going to have to find my lost ass a few times," says Noir.

Qullian chuckles as he moves forward, and grabs his mate. He wraps his arms around Noir's thin waist, and pulls his mate toward him. Qullian growls lowly which makes Noir giggle softly.

"Oh I will make sure to always find your sexy ass," growls Qullian lowly.

I shake my head with a chuckle at the newly found mates. They are looking into each other eyes as they go back and fourth. It is nice to see that Noir will sass and tease Qullian. I did not think Noir would considering how shy she is. There are still moment of shyness even around her mate. I suppose that Qullian brings out his mates personality.

We walk down the long hallway that leads to the patio. The entire festival will be held outdoors. The winter festival has an indoor area, but is still mainly outdoors. We have high natural body heat, so the cold does not brother dragons.

"Wow this is so impressive! It makes my family home look small," says Noir.

"What does your clans home look like?"  asks Waverly.

"The house itself is large and modern with Japanese elements. My father wanted to bring some aspects of his home here," answers Noir.

"Does your clan live in one main house together?" Avalon asks as we walk down the stairs.

"The younger generations does as well as the clan head. Older members or couples with many children have their own homes," answers Noir.

"Hmm that sounds similar to the werewolves packs," I say.

"Yes it does and father had some help with conversation from a nearby pack," says Noir.

"I will admit that werewolf packs are good with construction," says Qullian.

"Yes and it is an old profession they have mastered," I say.

When we reach the bottom of the stores we walk down the hall. At the end of the hallway is the large patio door. I lead everyone outside to a sunny and hot day. The entire clan is walking around outside wearing their best clothes. Festivals have long been an excuse  for the clan to dress up. Female hatchlings are glad to wear pretty dresses. Submissive mates are happy to dress up for their mate.

The tall trees around the clan have different colored paper lanterns hanging from them. In between the branches are clear twinkle lights. They are not too noticeable now, but they will be later tonight.
There are multiple stalls with food and handmade goods.

The hatchlings are laughing and pointing out the lanterns. Avalon, Neri, Ember and Willow helped the hatchlings make the lanterns. Avalon had the idea of letting the little ones help with decorating. She got this idea after taking to mother and Elder Phoebe. Hatchlings rush to us, and hug Avalon's legs. They giggle softly as she greets them, and pats their heads. The little ones greet me as well, but are focused on Avalon. I do not blame them because my mate is stunning.

"Mistress Avalon you look really pretty today!" says Erin, a warriors hatchling.

"Yeah! Your dress is a really pretty shade of red," says his sister Ellie.

"Thank you Erin and Ellie. You both look lovely today as well," says Avalon.

"Thank you," they say in unison before running off with their friends.

"The little ones here are too cute!" Waverly says as we walk through the crowd.

"They really are and they get attached quite quickly," says Avalon.

I chuckle, "Yes and it is because you and the girls spend with with the hatchlings at daycare".

"Ooh there is a daycare! Would I be able to help out?" Noir asks as she moves her hand, which is intertwined with Qullian's.

"Once you move in you should be able to. It might be easier that way with your work schedule," says Qullian.

Noir nods, "Yeah and that would have to change. Ummm I am not sure when I would be ready for that".

Qullian chuckles, "That is ok and we will move at your pace beautiful".

It is nice to see Qullian and Noir interact. Father's death is a tragedy, and I constantly miss him. Mother has not been the same after the loss of her mate. However, my brothers and I have been able to meet our mates. My own beautiful mate is pregnant with twins. Mother is gaining back some of her old sparkle. She enjoys having our mates and Neri in the den.  She is also looking forward to being a grandmother.  Avalon has been having breakfast with mother. She has been making Avalon breakfast and lunch that she can stomach. The food mother makes is easier for Avalon  to stomach.

Soon, I know that she will be thrilled to have Noir join us. Speaking of mother, she is running towards us. Mother looks stunning in a with dress with bright red lace flowers. Ember is running behind mother, trying to catch up to her.

Mother has a smile when she spots Qullian and Noir. It is clear that she is excited to meet Noir. Well to meet her as Qullian's mate. When mother is nearby she launches toward Noir. Her arms wrap around Noir and bring her close to her. Noir's head rests on her chest, and she is shocked for a moment.

"Oh Noir! It is so good to see you again sweetheart! You are so big and beautiful!" Mother praises as she hugs her.

Noir moves her arms upward towards mother. She returns her hug and I am rather surprised. However, it seems that Noir is more comfortable around women or submissive partners. Mother has her moments when she is anything but submissive. However, in her mating with father she was the submissive partner. There are some moments from my childhood that would beg to differ. Mother could make father trembles in fear if he upset her.

"Thank you umm it is nice to see you again M -" Noir says but is interrupted.

"I know you were about to address me by my title sweetie. Call me mother now that we are family," says mother.

Noir smiles softly," Um uh ok then mother".

Mother squeals happily and pulls Noir close to her. She is mumbling something under her breath. I believe it was something similar to what a handsome son-in-law she has. A bright red blush spreads across Noir's face.  Ember joins in on the big, and stares at Noir.

"Oh wow big brother Qullian! How did you get lucky to have such a pretty mate?" Ember says as she looks at Noir.

She mutters a soft "thank you".

Mother and all of the females in our group squeal and compliment Noir. After a few minutes of standing Qullian moves forward. He wraps his arms around Noir's waist and pulls Noir back against his body. She looks up at Qullian's face, blush still on her face. They look into each others eyes without saying a word. It is a special look that mates share. I am guilty of looking at my sweet Avalon that way.

"It was adorable to see Noir sandwiched between mother and Ember," Avalon says through our mate-link.

"Yes it does and she seems to be comfortable around the clan for now," I say.

"Yes I was worried about that, but Qullian is keeping an eye on her. It is obvious Noir feels more comfortable near her mate," says Avalon.

"Yes and that could be due to the calming nature mates have with one another," I say.

"Yes I think they is the case because you always make me feel calm," says Avalon.

"I am glad to hear that Avalon and I am so happy that I found you," I tell my mate.

"I am very happy that I came to you club that night," says Avalon as she nods in agreement.

Thank you Gods and father for leading to my mate. I am happy to be able to enjoy today with her and our family.

A/N: Hello everyone, I hope that you are all well and safe. I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter. Also, whose story from this book would you like to read?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.1K 35
❝Three dragons and their naughty little pet.❞ There's a rule in piracy - never fuck with the Dragons because they burn you alive. Literally. I'm not...
224 0 56
- All the Gods Among Us Series - Book 1 A curse, magic, a mate, soul's of God's trapped inside and the love/lust to make them yours. ".....Let's see...
8M 329K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* πŸŽ–Featured Reading Lists: β€’@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning β€’@TeenFiction Soul Deep β€’@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
20.6M 679K 60
Book 1 of The Alpha Series. Highest Rank: #2 in Werewolf. He growled darkly, making me uneasy at the sound. A weak whimper escaped my lips when he sl...