Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki ||

Per Azra_Rose_920

Melanie Riding just moved to Konoha. As the new girl working at Space Jam Cyber Cafe all attention is on her... Més

Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Prologue
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 1
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 2
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 3
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 4
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 5
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 6
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 7
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 8
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 9
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 10
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 11
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 13
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 14
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 15
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 16
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 17
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 18
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 19
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 20
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 21
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 22
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 23
Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 24

Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 12

484 34 10
Per Azra_Rose_920

           By the time Naruto arrived home, Melanie had already cleared off his coffee table of old take-out boxes. He inwardly cringed. He had meant to clean before leaving to stay at Melanie’s but it had sounded so boring at the time. He found Melanie in the kitchen, cleaning out even more take-out boxes from his sink and fridge.

           “If I knew you were going to clean for me, I would have insisted we stayed here,” Naruto teased as he wrapped his arms around her from behind.

           “Now, why didn’t I think of that?” Melanie said sarcastically but Naruto could tell she was smiling. “I could even wear a maid’s costume.”

           “Kinky, I like it!” He snickered as Melanie smacked his arm. “Where’s dinner?”

           “In the microwave, the only clean place I could find.”

           Naruto nodded, not surprised. He never used his microwave or stove for that matter. He was a horrible cook and found the task to be tedious. Why cook when he could just stop at Ichiraku's for some ramen?

           He pulled the bag out of the microwave, opening it to find sandwiches, sodas and piece of chocolate cake from Space Jam. By the time Melanie had finished dragging the bulging trash bag to the front door, Naruto had dinner set up on his coffee table. She sat next to him on the couch grabbing the plate with her sandwich. They ate in a comfortable silence until Melanie let out a sigh.

           “What’s wrong?”  Naruto asked. He had inhaled his sandwich and was waiting eagerly for Melanie to finish so he could eat the cake.

           She set down her sandwich. “I was just thinking about Kabuto’s dinner invitation.”

           “What about it?” Naruto asked, hoping she decided not to go.

           “Do you trust me?”

           “Of course I do,” Naruto said instinctively. 

           “No, seriously, do you trust me?” Melanie said putting an emphasis on trust. Naruto could see her twisting the ring on her middle finger, something she did when she was worried. He grabbed her hand giving it a squeeze.

           “I’ve trusted you from the moment I saw you with your broken chain.”

           “That doesn’t make sense.”

           “I’m just saying that I’ve always trusted you.”

           Melanie frowned, clearly not satisfied with his answer. “Yeah but do you trust me?” She asked again.

           Naruto took a deep breath before speaking, “I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking or where this is coming from.”

           Melanie fell silent but unlike before the silence between them was tense. At last she spoke, “Why did you willingly agree to go to dinner with Kabuto?”

           “Because if that’s what you want to do, then I’d be willing to go,” Naruto said patiently. He felt like he was getting whiplash from her sudden changes in topics.

           “But you hate him.”

           “I do.” Naruto didn’t deny it.

           Melanie fell silent again but Naruto was starting to put the pieces together. “Did Kabuto happen to mention who was going to his dinner?”

           “He might have mentioned a few…”

           Bingo.

           “Is Caroline one of them? ‘Cause if she is, I don’t care.” Melanie had looked away so he put a gentle hand on her chin, turning her face so he was looking at him. “Ready for some of the cake?”

           Melanie blinked not expecting his subject change. “But-”

           “This time you better share,” Naruto warned, “or else.” He waggled his eyebrows suggestively at her.

           Melanie’s face clouded. “You can’t just change the subject.”

           Naruto paused, his hand stretched out towards the cake. “What exactly is the subject?”

           “Are you going to be okay seeing Caroline? You know I’m nothing like her right? If you don’t wan-”

           Naruto’s boisterous laughing cut her off.  “You’re cute when you worry. You’re mine, believe it!”  He gestured to the still untouched cake. “Can we eat the cake now?” Naruto begged, slightly bouncing in his seat.

           “I got it for you,” Melanie said picking up her sandwich.

           Naruto had grabbed the cake straight from the plate not bothering to use his fork. He quickly chewed the bite he had taken, ignoring the frosting coating his lips. Naruto gave her a charming smile.

           Melanie giggled and Naruto’s stomach flipped. He wasn’t exactly sure what had just happened but he was grateful for her worry and grateful the conversation was over. He hoped he put the subject to rest. There was no need to talk about Caroline. Naruto felt nothing for her, not even anger or hurt.

           Now that her worry had been lifted, Melanie chatted animatedly about her day as Naruto stuffed his face with cake. When he finished he licked his fingers. “What?” Naruto asked catching Melanie’s grossed out look.

           “Got wash your hands! And your face, you have frosting everywhere.”

           “Wash it off for me!”

           “No way!” Melanie pushed against his chest as he leaned towards her.

           “But you’re my maid!”

           In a flash Naruto had Melanie pinned beneath him, her hands trapped above her. He leaned in as if he was going to kiss but at the last moment turned so that chocolate smeared across her cheek. He repeated the action until her face was streaked with frosting. He pulled back to look at his masterpiece, chuckling at her incredulous face. He placed a light kiss on her forehead before getting up. He washed his face off in the kitchen sink and brought Melanie a kitchen towel to clean off with.

           “Do you care if I take a shower?”

           Naruto resisted the numerous jokes bubbling up inside. He quietly led Melanie to his bathroom grabbing her a clean towel and his last clean shirt. He’d have to do laundry- if he ever got around to it. He left Melanie to her shower waiting for the sound of the shower before making a phone call.

           He sat heavily on the couch staring at the empty plates. “Any news?” Naruto asked as soon as the call connected.         

           “No,” Sasuke said.

           Naruto frowned. Wasn’t Itachi supposed to be some genius? “I’m going to keep Melanie at my place till there is.”

           “Hn.” Sasuke hung up, promising to call when he had news.

           The thought of Melanie in his shower didn’t take Naruto’s mind the route it usually would have. He stood up, pacing his living room as thoughts of the camera in her bathroom and bedroom plagued him. His gut told him they weren’t camera’s to make sure they were following the rules.

           “Naruto, don’t you own a brush?” Melanie’s voice drifted from the bathroom.

           “Er…” Naruto answered, jolted out of his thoughts. He racked his brain trying to remember where he placed the comb Sakura had bought for him. He searched his room finally finding it as a place marker in a comic book. He brought it to Melanie as she came out of the bathroom; his shirt hung loosely on her, she looked adorable. “Here,” he said handing holding out the comb.

           Melanie eyed the comb suspiciously before running it through her hair. Naruto sat back on the couch beckoning for her to join him. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close. He buried his face in her hair inhaling the scent of his shampoo.  

           “Do you miss them?”

           Naruto pulled away from Melanie to look in the direction she was nodding. On a side table, one of the few things not cluttered with trash, was a framed picture of his parents - another gift from Sakura. Naruto’s heart clenched as he stared at the picture.

           “Every day.”

           “It had to be lonely.”

           “Nah!” Naruto said brightly shifting so he could rest his head on top of Melanie’s. “I had Sasuke and Sakura then there was Kakashi…” Naruto trailed off warmth replacing the emptiness he had felt earlier. It had been rocky at first but the people in his life made up for the indescribable moments alone.

           Naruto told Melanie a few of the funny moments from his life including the time where Kakashi tied him to a pole and how he accidently kissed Sasuke when they were younger. Eventually they settled into a game of twenty questions.

           “What’s your favorite color?”

           “That’s easy, orange!” Naruto said. “What’s your greatest fear?”

           “Being separated from the ones I love.”

           “Aww you love me,” Naruto teased.

           Melanie looked away, cheeks burning. Naruto felt his stomach clench but not in an unpleasant way. He had meant for it to be a teasing remark but something in her reaction made him wonder.

           “Do you love me?”

           Melanie sat silent for a moment and Naruto waited for her to collect her thoughts. “I don’t know. I definitely really like you,” She said flicking his nose. “Why else would I put up with such a knucklehead?”

           Naruto cringed. “I think you’ve been hanging out with Sasuke too much.” Melanie went to respond but her words turned into a large yawn. “Time to get you to bed.” Naruto scooped her up into her arms carrying her into his bedroom.

           He set her on her feet, pulling the covers back for her. “Well aren’t you attentive?”

           Naruto shrugged before pulling the covers over her shoulder. He discarded his shirt, finding a pair of shorts to change into. He turned off the light about to join Melanie when he heard his phone buzzing in the other room. Unease made his footsteps heavy as he rushed to grab the phone. He managed to pick it up before Sasuke had hung up.

           “Hello?” His throat felt tight and his palms started sweating.

           “You need to get over here and see what’s on these tapes.” 

************

3k views, 175 votes, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. 

0_0
I'm so sorry. 
I've been super busy with work. 

But that's no excuse! 
Also the newest happenings with the Naruto fandom kind of threw off my groove. 

Comments, votes, reads always appreciated! 

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

35.9K 1K 37
[COMPLETED] Sakura finally came back from America. She chose to stay in Japan and continue studing at high school. Her friends: Ino, Hinata and Tente...
17.1K 381 80
Hi I'm Sakura Uzumaki my mother and father is unknown to me and my little brother Naruto Uzumaki. We both have a prankster streak and skip classes. M...
The Mask Per ethan

Literatura romàntica

96.3K 1.3K 13
What happens when Itachi Uchiha who happens to meets her sister's boyfriend Naruto Uzumaki ...that reminds her about a certain ANBU member she worked...
25K 987 86
Have you ever heard of Naruto Uzumaki? The hero of Konoha, the host of the nine tails, the defeater of Kaguya Otosuki, the friendly ninja which dream...