To Grandma's House

By julyndav

Xael Thunder Wolf has had enough of living in the city. She yearns for the quiet life she remembers when livi... More

Procrastination = Walking*
quick note
The Road at Night*
First Day at Home*
The New Cook*
Mom, We Killed Dinner!*
Home Cooked Meal*
The Run*
Prepping the Lodge*
Pow Wow ~ Arrival*
Powwow ~ Time for Dancing*
Powwow ~ Triggered*
That was a Bad One*
Sweat Lodge Begins*
The Truth About Xael*
Combat, Loss & Pain*
Back from the Lodge*
Adam & Xael*
The Nightmare Continues*
New Day ~ New Start*
Visiting the Ex-Boss*
My Brothers in Arms*
The Birds, The Bees & Omegas #1*
The Birds & The Bees & Omegas #2*
Things are Getting Serious*
Tuesday - Thursday*
Friday #1*
Friday #2*
Out for a Run*
The Alpha's Approval*
Medic!*
We Need to Talk...*
Weaklings*
Mother of Destruction*
Abdul Omar Khalid*
Time for Lodge*
Mates for Life {m}*
Alpha, Mate, Protector & Lover*
Insatiable Truth*
Awkward Conversation*
My Timid Omega*
I Could Have Lost You*
Future Plans*
Let's go Shopping
Mom & The Guys
Father-in-Law
Mother-in-law
Our New Place??
Serious Alpha vs. Playful Omega
Downtime
Surprises!!
To Grandma's House...
She's so Special
Like a Faerytale
A Time to Relax...
Closure
Just a quick note!
Making Plans
Letting Go of the Past #1
Letting Go of the Past #2
Feeding the Masses
Unbelievable
The Showdown...?
Boring but Needed Errands
Making Plans #2
The Work of Spirit
Getting Settled
Getting Settled #2
Lost in the Woods
A Long Day
Friday - The Visit
Friday - I Told You...
Hard work is done
Growing Up
author's note(#742)
Momma
The BBQ ~ #1
The BBQ #2
Lots to do!
Super Sized ~ *edited
Mr. Clean was Here
Clingy
Ears & Tail
Great Grammy
Now What??
Things Change
Answers #1
Answers #2
Holy Sh!t, Wait, What?
Back at Grandma's House
Changes
WTF!
Rest of the Week
Good Grief
**SNAP!!**
Back with Her Alpha
Staying Distracted
Staying Distracted #2
Little Boys Cry for Wolves
Everyone's Getting Settled
Give Me Your Hand
People Change
Surprise Dad!
Grandparents
Conversations
Everyone knows
Healing & Understanding
Momma's Hurting
Beau
Alpha Time to Bond
Finally Resting
Baby 1-2-3 & W-F
Danetta LeTray Montgomery
Adam is Done
Tender Loving Care
+1
Downtime & Planning
Coming Together
Welcome
Welcome #2 - Learning the Ropes
Swaddled with Tiny Ears
Getting Settled
As Time Passes
Grandma's House

Details Details Details*

2.1K 109 4
By julyndav

Xael returned to the cabin after about an hour. It did her good to get out and run. She still remembered every nook and cranny of those beautiful woods. It also did her pups some good to get out not only with her but the other wolves as well. Shifting before she reached the steps of the porch, she grabbed the robe and headed inside. Once inside the house, she cleaned the pup's paws and smiled at her grams as she headed straight to the shower. Feeling refreshed, she put on her pj's and joined her grams in the living room.

"How was your run hun?"

"Awesome, I so missed being able to run freely like that."

"Mn, I heard you call the others. Did they show up?"

"Yeah. They were so beautiful Grammy! It all felt so warm, like family."

Her grandmother just smiled. Xael walked over and sat between her pups on the couch, watching her grandmother work on her beading. Xael gazed at her grams, her grey eyes had a tendency to change color slightly. Sometimes they were solid grey, other times they were ice grey with a black circle around them, making them even more noticeable.

"I'm sorry Grandma..."

"Sorry for what dear?"

"I should have come home as soon as I made it stateside instead of trying to live in the city."

"Oh! Don't be so hard on yourself. You need to create your own life dear."

"I guess." 

"So, what do you think of Deputy Shado?"

"I already told you that Grandma...he's mated. I can sense it but it's weird, their bond isn't as strong as it should be. It's very weak."

"Ohhh, I don't he's mated hun. I have yet to see or hear him mention anything about a Mate. No Alpha with a Mate would have done what he did for you today."

Xael just looked at grams. A relationship wasn't what she had come back home for. It was part of the reason she left. Her Grams didn't know why she came home, she just knew that Xael had called her upset one day and asked to come back home. This time for good.

"So what will you wear to the powwow Xael?"

"I...I could only bring one outfit. He destroyed the other ones."

"I see...you want to tell me what happened Pup?"

Xael got up and walked over to her. Ms. Emma could never get over how much she looked like her dad, her son. And her hair, it was thick and long, almost to her waist. Her granddaughter walked over and sat on the floor next to her, resting her head on her lap.

"I quit because of harassment. A couple of the guys found out I was Wolfen, they kept trying to get my wolf to react to them by putting me and my partner in danger multiple times. They thought I wouldn't fight back but I did. I told the supervisor that his refusal to do anything led to it. His superiors were on my side and took action against all of them. I didn't feel comfortable there any longer so I quit. Then the thing with Trevor got bad, really bad. One night he went into rut and tried to force me to Mate him."

"Oh my God Xael!"

"I'm fine Grandma. He tried to mark me but...I attacked him. Made him think twice about ever doing that again. There was a huge fight, and some of things got destroyed. My brothers from my unit came to help me. I called and they drove right over. That night we packed what was absolutely important while he was still unconscious and I left. Wiped my phone clean and left it behind. Cleaned out the account of everything I had and stayed with them in the next city over. The following morning I gassed up the jeep and headed here. Luckily I had my mail sent to a post office between here and my home."

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry. But your home now, things will be better."

"I know grams, they already are."

Her grams kissed her on the head. "Get some rest dear. Oh, no Indian tacos tomorrow, save those for the powwow!"

"Ok, night grams, love you."

"Love you two hun, now let's both get some rest."

Xael helped her grams clean up her beadwork and made sure the house was closed up for the night. She would leave 'Fric & Frac' asleep on the couch.

The morning came bright and early. The next day was the powwow and Xael was actually excited about it. She walked into the living room to see the furry hooligans still asleep on the couch.  Seeing movement in the kitchen,  she went to investigate; it was her grams starting her a cup of coffee.

"Morning grandma!"

"Morning hun. So what are you going to do for lunch at the diner?"

"Just sandwiches."

"Sounds good!"

"You know grams, I'm excited for the powwow. I missed the drums, the songs, dancing..."

"I'm excited too! So what outfit were you able to bring?"

"The white one."

"Ohhhh Hun! You will definitely turn heads, maybe one in particular!"

Her grams gave her a devilish laugh. Xael didn't even want to get her started this morning about the Deputy again.

"Let's go grams."

After letting the pups out for a bit, the two headed to the diner. This would be an easier morning as Xael had most of the things already done for the day so the two took it easy. Xael had plenty of bacon and sausage ready to go for the omelets along with potatoes. After the meat was done, she opened the front door for some fresh air and sat the cinnamon rolls out to rise before baking.

30 minutes before opening, Ms. Vicki and Ester showed up as Xael popped the cinnamon rolls in the oven.

"Morning ladies."

"Morning Xael, you going to the powwow tomorrow?"

"Yes Ms. Vicki, I'll be there."

"Good!"

The three ladies did their morning routine of sitting at the counter and having the first cups of coffee. Xael went to the back to finish the cinnamon rolls with a generous drizzle of cream cheese frosting. She plated one and sat it in front of the ladies, as they clapped excitedly.

"You know Xael, you keep cooking like this, you're going to snag yourself a Mate!"

"Just enjoy the sweets Ms. Ester."

Sheriff Skylar walked in and sat at the bar.

"What's that?"

"Cinnamon rolls!" Ms. Emma was still munching away.

"You want one Sheriff?" Xael was resting against the grill.

"I sure do and a cup of coffee too, if you don't mind."

Ms. Emma got him the coffee while Xael brought him a fresh cinnamon roll right out the oven.

As the Sheriff took a bite, he closed his eyes and exhaled.

"Dammit Xael, you are a Goddess. Damn your cooking is good!"

"That it is Sheriff!" Deputy Shado walked in with a smile on his face.

Ms. Vicki and Ester both gave Xael a smirk. Xael simply smiled at him.

'Progress' He thought as he took a seat next to his boss, sitting his leftovers on the counter.

"What's that?" Sheriff pointed at the container as Xael went to the front to turn on the open sign.

"Xael cooked braised rabbit for dinner last night for us!" Ms. Emma was up to her matchmaking ways again.

"Whoa... 'Us'. That's serious business there son." Skylar had a stern look on his face as Shado smiled like a little kid.

"Ok, knock it off. You two want breakfast?" Xael had enough of the potential life embarrassing talk before it went any further.

"Of course! And one of those delicious sweet rolls too." Deputy Shado was quickly losing his shyness around her.

"Well, give one of the ladies your order then." Now it was Xael's turn to smirk. Shado gave Ms. Vicki their orders for omelets with bacon and potatoes, which Xael got busy fixing their plates.

"Actually Em, there's a reason I'm here early. A few of the other Elders thought it would be a good idea to have a sweat lodge for some of the younger guys from the city after the pow wow tomorrow. Help expose them to more of their culture. We were wondering if you two ladies would cook something for us?"

"Xael hun you want to help out?"

"Where's it at?" Xael was cooking two omelets at once as everyone talked.

The older folks laughed as Xael and Shado looked at them confused.

"I didn't know that was so funny."

"Sorry hun, it's in a clearing out behind the house." Ms. Emma had assumed Xael saw it when she was out for her run last night.

"I see. In that case, sure I'll help. How many will be at lodge Sheriff?" Xael plated up their orders and took them their plates since they were the only two in there. She went to get Shado a warm sweet roll. After drizzling it with frosting, she plated it and sat it next to him.

"Let's see... me, Shado, Beau might be able to make it, not sure, I'll say 10 just to be safe."

"Oh, that's a good number!" Ms. Emma was always happy when young people took part in ceremonies.

"Hmm, you guys are working all day then?"

"No. We're getting off early to head up to the lodge to get things cleaned and the fire pit ready today, we won't have time tomorrow. The station from the next town can spare a couple of deputies to cover the station while we're gone." The two males were devouring their breakfast, one while talking the other while listening.

"Ok, pot roast sound ok? What time are the other deputies getting here?"

"Oh, that would be perfect Xael!" Ms. Emma thought she was reading her mind. "Ok, then we'll close the diner right after lunch and get things at the house ready.  You guys make sure to check the outhouse for snakes and spiders!"

"Oh sheriff, no warrior sweats! I don't want to jump into medic mode because a newbie can't handle it. Send someone up to the house for stuff for the lodge after you get it cleaned."

"Will do Xael. They're getting here around lunchtime. You ladies have plenty of sage and cedar?"

All the ladies looked at each other and laughed.

"Yeah, but you need to tell who's ever coming to bring stuff for offerings. There's enough coming you can split the request. Tobacco, sage and cedar. Have one or two bring water for the stones...Wait you know the drill Sheriff! You guys making prayer ties in the house?" Talking about the ceremony, Shado noticed how the tall beauty's demeanor had shifted again.

"Not sure, but we can do that on the back porch if we need to, it's big enough."

"Ok, well, send the deputies over for lunch when they get here. And see if you guys can carpool out to the cabin for the lodge." Ms. Emma was finishing up her second cup of coffee for the morning as she relayed more instructions to the Sheriff.

"Will do!" The two men were getting ready to leave when Xael stopped them. While they were talking, she had made Deputy Beau an omelet breakfast to go and even added a sweet roll for him. She handed Sheriff Skylar the food boxes.

The morning had a steady stream of customers, Xael had no problem in keeping up with them and doing the dishes. Around lunch time, the guys all came over from the station along with the two deputies that were covering for them. Skylar, Shado and Beau had changed into civilian clothes as they would head out to the lodge when they finished eating.

Xael fixed them generously sized BLT's along with chips and side salads. Deputy Shado brought his leftovers over for Xael to reheat for him, which she was happy to do. The other's all gave the two looks. The new officers raved over the food. Xael fixed them extra sandwiches along with chips and boxed them up a couple of desserts for the rest of the day and into the evening. Most places in town were closing early so folks could get ready for the pow wow tomorrow. They tried to pay for it, but Ms. Emma refused to take their money. It was in appreciation for them helping out. She also told them to stop by the pow wow for Indian tacos or visit one of the food trucks that would be there. The town would be closed pretty much for the event, even the diner.

After lunch, all the ladies helped with cleanup. Ms. Emma and Ester loaded up the back of Xael's jeep with two large roasting pans, pot roasts and veggies. Xael cleaned out two large coffee carafes and filled them with fresh coffee for the Deputies on duty. Ms. Vicki helped her carry them over. The Deputies were more than grateful for their hospitality. Both women made sure they were set for food as they would be there overnight. They were fine and the women returned to the diner. They all exchanged hugs and would meet up again at the pow wow. Xael and her grams made sure they had everything. Ms. Emma also loaded up an apple pie and a regular and lemon pound cake as she didn't want them sitting in the case since the diner would be closed tomorrow.

All set to go, Xael drove the two of them home so they could prepare the house for guests.  The guys would be out there shortly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 47.4K 54
My name. Well that's classified Know My history. Expect to die Disrespect me. The pain will thrive. After years of torture and abuse my heart we...
85.1K 2.6K 22
In which the Mikaelson's, the scooby gang, the pack and past and future Hale's are brought to watch the life of Charlotte Stilinski Or in which trut...
495K 21.9K 31
(HIGHEST RANK FOR ROMANCE #171) (HIGHEST RANK FOR BWWM #4) Ava is a seventeen year old girl just trying to take care of her five year old brother Tre...
26.4K 637 10
๐‰๐ข๐ฆ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐š๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐›๐š๐ง๐