The will of the Gilbert's (An...

By calebdouglas74

33 year old Brantley Gilbert is happy being away from the whole world. He likes being up on his mountain. Bu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 23

299 14 1
By calebdouglas74

Brantley's Pov 

June 14, 1871

I was working on the new house on this long hot day. I got Otto working on the cattle pens today, so I took the chance to get more of the Cabin done. At this rate we will be moving in here by October. I want this to be everything Luci has ever dreamed of. Because this is the last house I'm building for a long time. I walked outside to cut more wood for the flooring. It's going to be another hot day. But after the long winter we just had I'm happy to be a little hot. Plus there's a creek down by the cabin here, so we can get cool off in the long hot summer months. I was about to walk inside the cabin when I heard voices and horse riding up to our new place. I grabbed my gun just to be safe. I don't trust lot of people out here. 

I walked closer to the path way in front of our home. I'm just glad Lydia and Luci ain't here yet. I want the floors and walls up before Luci get's to see this place. I looked and saw Miss Opal White and some man I've never seen before. 

"You are one hard man to find Brantley Gilbert." Miss White said to me. Now I wish my wife was here to deal with this woman. 

"What are you doing here ma'am?" I asked her. She got down from her horse and walked over to me. 

"Well, didn't that wife of your's tell you I wanted to talk to you. Oh well, she is a busy small woman. She forgets when it comes down to you Brantley." Miss White said to me. I looked at her. I can see why Luci don't care for this woman at all. I want to shot myself in the leg just by talking to her. 

"Luci is a good wife and a great mother. Don't speak to her like that in front of me again Miss White." I told her. The man that she is riding with looked down at me from his horse. 

"Now you better watch that mouth mister. Miss White is a lady." The man said to me. I looked right at him. I'll kill him instead of shooting myself in the leg now. 

"I don't see no lady. Now I need to get back to work. You can leave now." I said to them. I turned around so I can get started on the cabin again. 

"Brantley, please wait. I didn't mean it like that. I-- I just don't know why Mrs. Gilbert just don't like me. I mean I have never did---" I cut her off. I'll be damn if I let this woman talk bad about my wife. 

"You know what you did Miss White." I said to her. Miss White looked right me and took a few steps closer to me. 

"No I don't. I mean I have been nothing but nice to her and too your family Brantley." Miss White said to me. We all know that's not true.

"You took her job away from her. Now I'm telling you both, to get off my land. I have a home to finished up for my family." I said to them. Miss White smiled at me. 

"Yes well. I only came out here to offer you a job. My daddy and Mr. Blink need new---" I cut her off again. 

"No." I said to her. She looked at me. 

"No. Why not? Mr. Blink is willing to pay you $120 a month for working for him. That's why Mr. Samuel Jackson is riding with me. He is also going to work for my daddy and Mr. Blink." Miss white said to me. I looked right at her. 

"I said no. I will never work for that man nor will I ever work for you family. Now good day to you both. I have things to do." I said to her. I walked over to the front of the steps. 

"Nice place you got here. Sad if someone burns it down one day." Mr. Samuel Jackson said to me. I looked right at him. 

"You threatenin' me mister." I said to him walking over to him. 

"No he wasn't Brantley. Mr. Jackson tell Mr. Gilbert you are sorry." Miss White said to the man. 

"Sorry." He said to me. I looked right at him, then I looked at Miss White. 

"I'm not telling you both again. Now leave or I will start shootin' at something or someone." I said to them with a big smile on my face. 

"Yes well come on Samuel, we have work to do. Brantley dear if you change your mind you know where I live. I do hope you change your mind. You could see me everyday. Plus $120 a month is a lot of money for people like your wife---" That's when I lost it. 

"Now I told you 3 times to get off my land. You are so lucky you are a woman because if you was a man you will be dead by now. Now get you hussy ass off my land before I say fuck it and kill you both for talking to me like that." I said to Miss White. She looked right at me. 

"You and I both know I am better for you then that---" Miss White was cut off by the music of my wife. 

"What are you doing here Miss White." My wife said to Miss White, as she walked over to me with Lydia in her arms. 

"I was just leaving Mrs. Gilbert." Miss White said to my wife. Not so big in front of my girl are you Miss White.

"Yes you are. And I told you once already my husband will not work for you, your family or that nasty old man. Now why don't you and your friend get off my land." Luci said to Miss White. Miss White looked down at my wife. I would like her to try something in front of me. I'll kill them both right here and now. Won't be a bother to me. 

"Women don't own land Mrs. Gilbert. This is Brantley's---" Luci cut her off again. 

"Mr. Gilbert to you, Miss White. And the last time I saw the deed to all of this land it has my name on it too. My blood, sweat and tears are on this land just as much as my husbands. Now I won't tell you again Opal, get off my land and stay away from my husband before I kill you. And I have already killed 3 people before and I will do it again to save my family." Luci said to Miss White. I had the biggest smile on my face. 

"That's my girl." I said to my Luci. I wrapped my arms around her. 

"Yes well I'll tell daddy and Mr. Blink----" I cut her off. 

"Tell them they can kiss my ass. Now leave. I need to see my girls and the last time I cheeked you ain't one of my girls." I said to Miss White. 

"Yes." Miss White said to us. She got back on her horse and her and that Jackson man rode away. I looked down at my girls. 

"What are you doin here woman?" I asked her. 

"Lunch time and Lydia and I wanted to play in the creek after we get done with lunch." Luci said to me. I smiled at her. 

"That's great to hear darlin. I love being with my girls." I said to her. 

"I'm so glad this is the spot we picked for the cabin. It's looking great." Luci said to me. 

"Thanks Darlin. I'm hungry can we eat." I asked my wife. 

"Yes." Luci said to me. 

"I'm so glad you showed up when you did. I was about to lose my last nerve with that woman." I said to Luci. Luci laid down a blanket and we all sat down together. Minnie and Lydia was playing with each other. Luci looked at me. 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before when I ran into her about 2 weeks back." Luci said to me. I pulled her over to my lap. 

"I ain't mad at you woman. You are the last thing I would ever be mad at. You are the love of my life." I said to Luci giving her a kiss. Luci laid her hand on my cheek as we deepened our kiss of love. I could never be mad at this woman, nor would I ever stop loving her. She is the love of my life and I will do whatever it takes to make her happy and safe. Her and our children.

//

Miss Opal White's Pov 

As I was riding back from the Gilbert place I was so mad at that hussy Mrs. Gilbert. Oh but not to worry sooner or later she will get her's. I don't know when, nor do I know how, but I will get even with that teenage hussy. Nor my name isn't Miss Opal White, daughter to Ron and Ellen White of this great state of Kansas. I looked over at this young man riding next to me. 

"Mr. Jackson how old are you again?" I asked him. He looked at me. 

"22 ma'am." He said to me. I smiled at him. Perfect. I'm only 21. This might work after all. 

"You have any family Mr. Jackson." I asked him. 

"No ma'am." He told me. I gave him a fake smile. Now I know this might work after all. Most men are dumb and I think I just might have found yet another dumb man to do my work. 

"Well you think of me as family now dear. Think of my as you best friend, or sister or whatever you want me to be for you." I said to him. Do I mean any of this, nope. But all within time I will get even with Luci Gilbert. Sooner or later. 

A/N

WELL, WELL, WELL WHAT DO WE THINK OF ALL OF THIS?

WHAT DOES MISS OPAL HAVE IN STORE FOR LUCI AND BRANTLEY?

UPDATES WILL BE SOON. 

THANKS FOR READING EVERYONE. 

PLEASE COMMENT, SHARE AND VOTE. 

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 95 22
Y/n Maybell, she wants to travel the world, as she travels she met a wonderful man, Gilbert Blythe, he is the first friend you've ever had, but all o...
30K 965 27
Laid Back Ride is the first story in a 3 story series. Starting with this one, Then following up with My Kinda Crazy, Then Eventually leading into th...
34.4K 1.2K 30
Ashlyn Thompson a PR rep working with Luke Combs. Having bad luck with men, she's swore them off and instead focusing on her career and having fun wi...
1.2K 47 20
Miraya just wanted a little adventure. Veer just wanted to deliver his shipment. The day had other plans.