Moon River -YunGi-

By angel_youngmi

Vampires and werewolves are known to be enemies since hundred thousand years ago but now in a new era, these... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Final Chapter

Chapter 11

3.6K 170 77
By angel_youngmi

Mingi? Where are you?

I'm at the coven baby. Eden told me that Lord Hwan wants to see me today.

Why? Will it be long? When will you come home?

Lord Hwan wants me to lead the patrol starting from 3pm until midnight from today onwards. So I'm going to be home after midnight, baby. Don't wait for me if you're tired okay?

Yunho pouts at Mingi's answers and decides not to say anything to his mate as he huffs and walks out of his room, not before snatching Mingi's oversized sweater and wearing it.

The meeting was 3 weeks ago and everyone is starting to practice more and patrol their borders more but nothing big came up after the incident. The higher ups told everyone to not relax yet because this might be the calm before the storm and told everyone to keep their senses on high alerts all the time.

Yunho had also participated diligently with patrols and training but today he doesn't have any and he had hoped that Mingi is home too so he can cuddle him. Yunho pouts as he walks into the kitchen and sits down at the table before slumping himself forward on the table huffing.

Seonghwa tilted his head at the hybrid while scooping the fried rice that he made for the hybrid before putting it on the table in front of him. Yunho purrs loudly when Seonghwa thread his fingers along Yunho's hair, making Seonghwa smile and keep doing it for a while before he stops, making the hybrid whines and pout.

"Do it again hyung.. It feels good." Yunho says but Seonghwa only pinch Yunho's cheeks instead.

"Eat first pup."

Yunho pouts looking over to Seonghwa but Seonghwa only quirk one of his eyebrows and Yunho huff softly and start to eat his food.

Seonghwa sighs as he watches Yunho eat his food with a pout. Yunho had been somewhat moody and cranky since the meeting and no one in the house knows why. When they asked the hybrid himself, Yunho only shrugged and told them that he doesn't think that he's being moody or cranky like they said.

Well, Yunho seems to be fine when Mingi's with him but once Mingi's gone, Yunho will gradually become a moody and a pouty hybrid that even San stops bullying the hybrid as he will actually growl and glared at the vampire.

Yunho also has become more protective(possessive) of Mingi when they're outside, that if he catches someone trying to flirt with Mingi, he will glare at them. Yunho even wounded one of them at one point because he saw the other keep on touching his mate while they were talking and Yunho was watching while standing next to Mingi and Mingi had to apologize to the other and told Yunho to heal him back.

"The fuck is wrong with your mate Mingi ah? I've never seen him this moody and this cranky. San always whines at me saying that Yunho is scary nowadays that he can't even bring himself to tease him or ask him to play with him anymore. Can you believe it? THE San, afraid of Yunho? What did you do to him that my mate always hides behind me now when Yunho came into the room?" Wooyoung says as he walks with Mingi while sensing his surroundings for intruders.

Mingi shrugs and sighs. He and Wooyoung are currently patrolling the border and Mingi is concerned about Yunho as he didn't reply anything when he told him that he will be back after midnight.

"I don't know Woo.. I didn't do anything though. As far as I know, I'm giving him so much cuddles because he demands for it and I realize how he opted to wear my clothes rather than his. That's all. He became upset when I asked about his sudden attitude though, saying that he's being himself and not moody or cranky like everyone said. When I told him that he is not himself, he started to pout and won't cuddle me for the rest of the night and I caught him crying in his sleep later. So I stop asking and give him cuddles whenever he wants it."

"Well, you better figure it out before he breaks everyone's bones because we got too close to you or something." Wooyoung said and Mingi can only nod his head solemnly.

--

It's the 4th week and Yunho is becoming worse. He even starts to retort whenever he disagrees with something or someone which he usually doesn't and people are starting to stay away from the hybrid as to not pissed him off or you will have cuts on your body or worse, broken bones.

"Baby.. Is something wrong? You did it again you know? That guy was just talking to me about what he had seen while he was on patrol just now and did nothing wrong, so mind telling me why did you give him a gash on his arm?" Mingi says slowly as he is starting to feel a bit angry towards his mate.

Yunho pouts and looks at Mingi with wide puppy eyes but he quickly lowers his gaze when he sees the anger in Mingi's eyes, his wolf whimpers in submission.

"H-he looks like he wants to hug you.. I d-don't like it.." Yunho mumbled.

Mingi had his lips in a thin line while clenching his eyes in irritation. "He wasn't going to hug me. He was going to use his power to create the image he had seen earlier for me to understand it easier. You knew how his power works Yunho. Seriously, no one is flirting with me Yunho. They are too afraid to do it now anyways."

Yunho's lips wobbled as he heard Mingi call him by his name and not 'baby'. He knew Mingi would only call him with his name if he's overly worried, or very angry towards him.

"I d-don't know alright! I just felt like h-he was going to take you away from m-me."

"Stop this Yunho. This is going overboard. You are being childish. Where does my nice and kind mate go? All I see is a childish, moody and cranky hybrid that just won't let me do my job properly. You do know that Lord Hwan had put me into several lead positions now right? How can I do my work when you keep trying to scare away other vampires that are trying to give information to me for the safety of our sanctuary? Hm?"

Tears started to pool in Yunho's eyes as Mingi lectured him. What can he do when he feels that everyone is trying to take his Mingi away from him? He doesn't want people to hate him too but he keeps on feeling very angry when they start to come too close to Mingi and he just can't help it.

Yunho doesn't say anything and keeps his gaze on the floor making Mingi huff.

"I think a few days away from me will do you good to think over all of those things you did to everyone." Mingi says and Yunho widens his eyes tilting his head up so he can see Mingi's face properly.

"W-what do you mean?"

"I won't be home for a week. Lord Hwan had put me and several vampires in a temporary group to scout further from the border to make sure that no rogues are camping or something out there."

Mingi had to suppress a wince when he felt the hurt Yunho is feeling right now through their links. He has to do this or Yunho will only be worse and make enemies in the sanctuary and he doesn't want that.

"I will block our links until then."

"W-what?! W-why? W-what if I need y-you?"

"You'll be with the others most of the time so I don't think anything will happen to you. Seonghwa hyung will let me know if there's an emergency."

"B-but.. M-mingi.. I'm s-sorry! I d-don't know why I acted like t-that!"

"No excuses Yunho. You even made Seonghwa hyung uncomfortable this morning, did you realize that? Everyone had to be careful around you now in the house and they are becoming irritated that they can't relax in their own house anymore. Maybe being away from me can make you think everything carefully. I have to go now. I'll see you in a week." Mingi says and he only ruffles Yunho's hair a bit before making his way to the coven leaving Yunho in the middle of the road.

"H-he didn't even kiss me.. Am I that b-bad...?" Yunho mumbled to himself and blinked his tears away while walking slowly to the house.

Yunho mumbled a quiet "I'm home.." as he entered the house and he finally realized that he's not being himself and making everyone irritated or angry at him because the others are looking at him awkwardly from the living room once he enters it.

No one said anything and if he remembers correctly, usually they would welcome him brightly and San would even come and hug him but now everyone is just sitting there quietly looking at him carefully.

Yunho bows.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know w-what's going on with m-me." Yunho stuttered and his face fell even more when no one said anything.

Yunho then bows again before slowly walking over to the staircase to go to his room before Hongjoong suddenly speaks, but he did it with his stern voice, not his usually fond voice that he uses whenever he speaks with Yunho before.

"Seonghwa made dinner for you. It's in the kitchen. At least eat that as my mate had made it despite you being rude towards him this morning."

Yunho flinched but he listened to his leader and walked slowly to the kitchen. A bibimbap was on the table and Yunho felt like crying again. He felt disappointed with himself and the sight that Seonghwa still made him some dinner, one of Yunho's favourites, made him want to hurt himself as a punishment.

Yunho doesn't feel like eating but he doesn't want Seonghwa to misunderstand him so he pushes himself to eat his dinner and he quickly goes up to his room after he finishes it. Yunho plops himself on the bed and starts to cry as he realizes everything he had done from the past weeks and he keeps on beating himself throughout the entire night, falling asleep at dawn in exhaustion.

Yunho wakes up 3 hours later as someone knocks on his door and he bleary went to open it.

Yeosang stood there in front of his door looking very serious and Yunho knew that the vampire was still pissed at him because he had growled at Jongho a few days ago because he had come too close to Mingi while they were watching a movie. Jongho had not spoken to him since.

"Lord Hwan wants to see you. Now. Get ready and go to the coven." Yeosang says and he walk away before Yunho can say anything.

Yunho sighs softly and gets ready as he was told and he wears yet another Mingi's clothes.

"Yunho."

Yunho stops walking and looks over to Hongjoong standing there in the living room looking pissed. Yunho's heart sank and he gulped before walking over to the leader. "Y-yes hyung?"

"Have you apologized to Seonghwa?"

Yunho bit his lips and shook his head. "N-not yet.. I w-went to my room r-right after dinner.."

"I'm not happy with your attitude right now Yunho. This is my house and these are the members that I have chosen long ago with my own hands. I hate seeing them on edge in their own house."

Yunho lowered his gaze to the floor, mumbling "I'm sorry hyung.."

"I have to punish you. Like I did to every member when they misbehave."

Yunho nodded weakly.

"Usually the punishment is to stock the blood bags. I'm going to do the same to you. You will have to go hunting. Alone. Stock up the blood bags enough for 2 months. For 8."

Yunho nods.

"Seonghwa says he won't make any food for you until the blood bags are restocked. If you want to eat food, you will have to cook it yourself."

"Yes, hyung.." Yunho says softly and Hongjoong nod his head and gone in an instant.

I guess I deserved that..

Yunho sighs and he starts walking to the coven. He didn't want to be late so he quickly went to the coven and find Lord Hwan.

"My lord? Yeosang hyung said you want to see me?" Yunho says as soon as he saw Lord Hwan in his usual seat in the hall.

"Ah yes, come here my prince."

Yunho obeys and waits patiently for Lord Hwan to speak.

"I've heard a lot of complaints regarding you my prince."

Yunho pales.

"I'm sorry my lord.. I don't know what came up to me to behave like that.. My mate reprimanded me yesterday and I already received punishment from my leader.." Yunho says softly and Lord Hwan hummed, nodding his head.

"I see. I know Hongjoong has given a punishment but that is from your leader and group. You have been hurting the other vampires without a good cause lately so I have to punish you accordingly."

"Yes, my lord.." Yunho says solemnly.

"You will be patrolling from East to South and lastly West from 3pm to 3am everyday for a week, starting today. On your own. There will still be groups patrolling too but you will be on your own."

Yunho swallowed a bit as patrolling alone needs a lot of energy as you need to be aware of your surroundings on your own without anyone's help but he nods his head nonetheless.

"Yes, my lord.."

Lord Hwan nodded his head and dismissed Yunho.

Yunho sighs as he walks out of the coven and walks back to the house to get ready for his punishment at 3pm.

I think I can go hunt before patrolling.. And maybe an hour or two after patrolling.. 8 pax.. 2 months.. How many do I have to hunt for it..? Let's just try before patrolling today and see how much I can make.

Yunho thought to himself as he planned to complete Hongjoong's punishment and Lord Hwan's and Yunho had gone to hunt the moment he had gathered all the things he needed for hunting and patrolling.

Yunho hunts for about 3 hours and only gets to pack about 8 bags.

3 hours for 2 days? 3 days? I drank 1 bag for 2 days.. Make it 2 days then.. Hunting for 2 weeks is enough I think..

Yunho then went to patrol and by the end of it, Yunho was exhausted. Patrolling alone and having to cover 3 areas really took a lot of energy and it will take more energy if there are intruders.

Yunho was fast asleep before he could even think of Mingi that night.

--

It's been 4 days since Yunho's punishments. Yunho didn't want to admit it but he can't shake off the anxious feelings as he drinks the last bag of Mingi's blood that he had packed for Yunho to drink so he can regain his energy back. He still has 3 days to complete Lord Hwan's punishment and maybe 5 more days for Hongjoong's.

Yunho had been drinking Mingi's blood since the first day of his punishments and he hasn't eaten any food as he doesn't really have the time to cook for himself. Yunho felt like this week was his bad week because he had to fight a few groups of intruders since the 2nd day of his patrol and it only really happened when he was the one that was patrolling the area.

His energy depleted greatly so he had no choice but to drink Mingi's blood.

Yunho opted to tell Hongjoong but felt like he will only trouble them more so he keeps quiet and does nothing about the lack of Mingi's blood.

It's the last day of his Lord Hwan's punishment and he can't wait for it to end so he can concentrate on doing Hongjoong's punishment, and for Mingi to come back. He really hopes that his mate will forgive him because true to his word, Mingi blocked their link and Yunho misses him dearly.

Yunho still wears Mingi's clothes and he always ends up crying in his sleep because he feels alone on the big bed but he can't do anything about it and just hopes that he can cuddle Mingi when he gets back.

Yunho stumbled as he walked into the woods. He just fought 2 groups of rogues that consist of 9 members each and he still has 6 more hours until he's done for the day.

Yunho is beyond exhausted. He felt like he could sleep anywhere at this point but he needs to be aware of his surroundings and be on high alert all the time. He tried drinking the regular blood that he had hunted, but they didn't help regain his energy like Mingi's blood does.

Yunho sighs as he leans to a nearby tree. He felt so tired and sad. He's becoming quiet again as the other members are still not quite comfortable to speak with him afraid that he will suddenly burst and injure them.

Yunho pulled at his right arm's long sleeves until his elbow and grimaced when he saw the gash on his arm. His body has been full of cuts and bruises since 3 days ago as he didn't heal himself to keep his energy for emergencies. His backpack is at the west post so he can't wrap his arm with a bandage so he pulls back the sleeves and just hopes that the gash won't get infected.

Yunho groans when he feels yet another group of rogues wandering near his patrol's area and grit his teeth, walking slowly towards the group with his senses all heightened and when he confirms that the rogues are there to kill people in the sanctuary, he uses his power towards them.

The rogues panicked when one by one of their members suddenly screaming in pain and decaying in front of them before all that's left are bones and clothes. They tried looking everywhere in the woods trying to locate Yunho but the hybrid had put himself at the back of a big tree that no one could see him. They didn't even know what's happening and who killed them.

Yunho's power is very powerful now that he can easily target his enemies and kill them when they are in his line of vision or near him. He can even kill someone that is a bit far from him but if he can catch them clearly with his eyes, he can target his power to kill them but sometimes he has to fight them physically if there are too many rogues.

Yunho slumped on his knees once the last of the rogue was killed, panting. His hands tremble as his body pleads for rest but Yunho knows he can't. He still has another hour to patrol. Catching his breath for a few minutes, Yunho shakily stood up and continued to patrol.

Fortunately, Yunho finished his patrols without having to use his power for another group of rogues. He slowly trudges towards the west post and picks his backpack up before giving a small nod at the guard and starts walking to the house.

Yunho stumbled so many times that if people saw him they would think that he was drunk.

I'm too tired to go hunt again.. I'll go in the morning after I get some sleep...

"M'home.." Yunho mumbled and didn't even bother to look as he knew the others were already asleep or not at home and continued walking to his room with his gaze mostly on the floor.

Yunho enters his room and perks up a bit when he finds Mingi is there in the room seemingly putting away his things that he had brought on his mission for the past days.

Yunho hesitated a bit but he really missed his mate so he put up a courage and spoke, "M-mingi! You're back!"

Mingi looks over lazily towards his mate and only gives Yunho a nod making the hybrid deflate himself at the obvious lack of affection. Usually Mingi would bounce to him in an instant, hugging and kissing him.

Yunho bit his lips and lowered his head as he went to put his backpack at the usual place and grab his towel. He then went over to the closet and he was about to grab Mingi's clothes but decided to grab his own in fear that Mingi would be angry at him for wearing his clothes. Yunho went to the bathroom in silence.

"M-mingi? A-are you coming to bed..?" Yunho says after he finished showering and getting ready to sleep hoping that Mingi would at least let him cuddle him but Mingi is standing in the middle of the room, not moving so Yunho asked him.

"No. I'm going to sleep in the guest room tonight." Mingi says coldly.

Yunho blinks and his lips involuntarily wobble before he whispers softly knowing that his mate can still hear him. "W-why? Are you still mad at me?"

"Yes. I heard you still haven't apologized to the others for your behaviour."

Yunho widened his eyes.

"W-what? I d-did! On the day you left for the mission!"

Mingi narrows his eyes at Yunho. "Really? When all of them are present in the room?"

Yunho bit his lips. "N-no.. S-seonghwa hyung and J-jongho hyung were not in the room.."

"Is that proper? You knew the rules right? Do you even remember the lessons you were taught? if you do then tell me the proper way of apologizing to your comrades in vampires term."

Yunho blinks a few times as he tries to remember it.

"T-to apologize, all of your members have to be in the s-same room, like an o-oath, so you will try not to repeat the s-same mistake again. M-mates can be excluded i-if they are f-fine with it or if they h-had already forgiven t-them."

Mingi only quirks one of his eyebrows to Yunho after Yunho recites the rule and makes the hybrid cowers on the bed.

"B-but I w-was busy with the p-punishments! Usually they w-won't be home or already asleep when I'm b-back.."

"Excuses Yunho. Go to sleep. You still have to finish Hongjoong hyung's punishment." says Mingi as he walks out of the room not giving Yunho a chance to speak.

Yunho burst into tears as he plopped himself on the bed, hiding his face in Mingi's pillow. He cries loudly into the pillow, relishing all of his stress for the week. Yunho fell asleep after crying for 20 minutes, exhausted.

"Yunho. Wake up."

Yunho groans into the pillow as someone shakes his shoulders. He felt very tired and he wanted to sleep more. "Hm..? M'still tired.. Can I sleep a bit more please..." Yunho slurs.

"Wake up. I already let you sleep in. It's 2pm already." Mingi says and Yunho takes a few minutes to register what Mingi had said to him.

Yunho then slowly haul himself up into a sitting position, rubbing his eyes slowly. He winces when the muscles protest in his body and bit his lips to stop the whimpers from coming out of his mouth. He doesn't want Mingi to think he is being childish again.

"M'up.."

Mingi hum and without a word, he left the room. Yunho sighs and starts to apologize to everyone once everyone is home hoping that everyone will forgive him and he can go cuddle with Mingi again.

Mingi?

Silent.

Yunho sighs, he was hoping that Mingi would at least open their link back but it seems like Mingi is still blocking him. He slowly got out of the bed only to gasp and stumble when a sudden wave of pain flared in his stomach but he got to steady himself from falling and grimaced, his hand pressing on his stomach.

What the..? This pain seems like.. Wait.. It shouldn't be now though...

Yunho anxiously starts to calculate the days in his head and he frowns.

Why is it early..? Is this why I misbehave like a spoiled brat these past few weeks? An unexpected heat..?! No! Mingi's angry at me right now! You can't do this to me now, heat!! You're supposed to come in like 3 more months!! Why are you here now??

His heat seems to mock him when it sends another wave of pain in his stomach making him whimper slightly and pressing his hand harder on his stomach.

Yunho grit his teeth and went to get ready for his punishment, ignoring the waves of pain in his stomach.

Yunho winces when his head throb but he keeps on doing his punishment in the woods. He is currently packing the blood from a bear he had hunted a few minutes ago. He checked his bandages on his arms and sigh in relief when none of them seems to bleed. No one knew about his wounds as he opted to wear his oversize long sleeved t-shirt, not wanting to worry his mate and his group, besides, his wounds will heal, it just takes a little more time than usual because of his lack of energy.

He successfully hunted and packed about 20 packs today and he deemed it enough for today and it's nearly 9pm so Yunho started to walk towards the house slowly.

Yunho shivers as he suddenly feels cold while walking in the woods. He had gone out a bit far in the woods but is still safe in their territory so it takes a little bit more time to reach the center of the sanctuary.

Yunho stumbles and stops walking when he sees black and white dots in his visions. His head throbbing violently makes him whimper and presses a hand on his temple. He blinks a few times trying to get his visions back and try to walk a few steps.

Before he had to stop because everything was swirling in his visions and he felt very lightheaded.

Yunho heard a faint voice calling for him before his world turned completely black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20 2 13
This is my first attempt at an AU werewolf story. I hope you guys will like it I spell check as much as I can if there are still mistakes. I apologiz...
5.1K 447 16
When a dark secret is revealed, Yibo and Zhan embark on a journey that does not lead them into the woods, but into a much darker and more dangerous p...
141K 7.4K 25
Vampires and Werewolves are sworn enemies, so how could such a strong bond appear between two people who were born hating each other? WAITING TO BE R...
9.3K 392 24
Hello everyone, This is my and my bestie's ff, we are writing this in collaboration so credits go to her as well. This Fanfiction is directed by @na...