The Hamilton Girl

By DaniTGomes

A lost child of the Caribeean. This was all people knew about her. However, in the middle of a war for libe... More

Prologue
Chapter I- 1776, New York City
Chapter II -The story of tonight
Chapter III - Farmer Refuted
Chapter IV - Perfect Aim
Chapter V - I am Yours
Chapter VII - Washington
Chapter VIII - Nightmares
Chapter IX - The Letter
Chapter X - A new beginning
Chapter XI - Rise Up
Chapter XII - Happiness
Chapter XIII - The Battle of Brandywine
Chapter XIV - Letting go
Chapter XV - A Winter's ball
Chapter XVI - Satisfied
Chapter XVII - French Charms
Chapter XVIII - A hot night
Chapter XIX - The Battle of Monmouth
Chapter XX - The female Colonel
Chapter XXI - Count to ten
Chapter XXII - Épouse-moi
Chapter XXIII - Ever Yours
Chapter XXIV - The spy
Chapter XXV - Countdown
Chapter XXVI - At nightfall
Chapter XXVII - Back
Chapter XXVIII - The invincible Hamiltons
Chapter XXIX - History has its eyes on you
Chapter XXX - The Battle of Yorktown
Chapter XXXI - The World Turned Upside Down
Chapter XXXII - Home
Chapter XXXIII - Missing piece
Chapter XXXIV - The Wedding
Special Chapter: Louis
Chapter XXXV - Life changing
Chapter XXXVI - That would be enough
Chapter XXXVII - Stay Alive
Chapter XXXVIII- John
A//N: Second Book

Chapter VI - Tea

789 17 21
By DaniTGomes

(...)

They moved Lafayette to one of the guest rooms, so that he could rest. Last night must have been too exhausting for him, especially walking around with one of his arms wounded. Meanwhile, Louise and the rest of the soldiers conferred in the living room.

-But Alexander...- the woman intervened.- If you say your attack was successful, how did Lafayette catch a bullet.

- After we stole about 24 canons, we decided it was better to retreat, before we were surrounded by British troops.- Alexander began to explain.- However, while we we're exiting the ship, a redcoat caught Lafayette and fired against him. He was able to dodge the bullet, thankfully, or else it would have entered between his ribs, onto his chest.

A shiver ran through Louise's body, and her heart sank with only the thought of losing one of her closest friends. It is true that Lafayette's flirtatious habits used to get in her nerves, but she couldn't deny that the Frenchman was a big part of her life.

- Well- Laurens voice interrupted her thoughts.- At least the attack was successful.... And will give us a reputation when we head to the training camp. Alexander, he might even make you a general.

- Brooklyn was taken recently.- Hercules entered the room with a serious expression.- That army is a mess in dying need of assistance.

As he spoke the last few words, Louise saw a light of hope to succeed in joining the army, even if as a woman. Their need for assistance would lead them to be unable to deny her offer. Besides, she could be of some assistance, since her brains and logical abilities beat most young soldiers, as well as her shooting skills. She decided to personally write to George Washington and propose her join to the revolutionary war.

Then she looked at Laurens, and he met ver gaze. That made her wonder "What if one of us dies?" . How could they live their recent love in the middle of a battlefield, constantly fearing loosing each other. Everything was too recent, too fragile.

But by looking at those glowing eyes, the woman was sure that she rather be with him in the battlefield than waiting at home, unsure of what fate would bring them.

- I am going with you.

The men stood silence, as Louise Hamilton spoke up. Hercules was the only one giving her a supportive, but worried, look. Laurens eyes filled with fear, imagining what could happen to a woman like her in the middle of the war, terrorized from the endless scenarios. But Alexander... Alexander would not allow his sister, all he had left, commit that suicidal mistake, instead of being safe and sound at home.

- Louise, you must be out of your goddamn mind, if you think I'm allowing you to go in the middle of the battle field.- Alexander shouted, furiously.

- YOU are going in the middle of the battle field.- the young woman replied.

Laurens and Mulligan silently exit the room, giving the two siblings space to discuss that issue.

- I am used to those dangers.- Alexander was now in front of her.- The battles are way more violent that you can even think, it traumatizes even the bravest soldiers, and your irreverent mind does not allow you to understand it!

-Irreverent mind?! I was raised without a mother!- tears weld in her eyes.- My whole life I tried to prove the world I was worthy, that I was strong as I fought many more battles than you did. I am a woman that wants to have her own legacy and you not allowing me just shows how you see me as an inferior, even when you know I was born with the same wits as you... as our mother. Why do you...

- BECAUSE I LOVE YOU.

Her brother's shout filled the room, as Louise watched with her eyes wide open

.-That's why you did not join us yesterday.- he cried.- Because, instead of Lafayette, it could have been you being shot. And I cannot lose you, you are the only thing that I have left, Louise. ..

She muted her brother with her embrace. He pulled her closer, laying her head on his shoulder and gently stroking her red hair, the exact same color as his. The fear of losing his beloved sister, the one he raised, blinded him until that moment.

When she held him tight, he realized: If she joined the war, he could lose a sister. But she could also lose a brother. And he would rather to be close to her in that case, than having the news be delivered to her. The news she was alone in the world.

They pulled apart, and as he looked into her eyes. She was so much like him in everything else, but her eyes. They were their mother's fearless eyes, instead of dark brown like his. They were the same shade as the skies, full of freedom.

Freedom

-We shall propose your aid to General Washington...-he sighed, giving up trying to change her mind.- If he allows, you shall fight with us.

The woman opened a massive smile, overfilled with the joy of finally convincing her brother to let her fight in the Revolution. Although not everything was guaranteed, as she had to convince General Washington she was worth the trust, in spite of being a woman soldier, this was a good beginning to what could be Hamilton's legacy.

- Thank you so much, Alexander.- she hugged him once more.- I promise that I will honor our name!

Alexander smiled, genuinely, looking at his sister. She was now a young fearless woman, not a child who would always follow him around. But in his eyes... she would always be his baby sister. After a moment of silence, Hamilton commended.

- You are the bravest woman I've ever known.

(...)

After supper, Louise took a leave to the room where Lafayette rested, in order to check on his wound for any infections and substitute the old bandages for new ones. She entered the room quietly, and she found that Lafayette was still sound asleep.

The young woman checked his temperature, and it was back to normal, which was a very good sign. Carefully, she picked up his arm, wrapped in bandages, and began to remove them while taking a glimpse at the sleeping Frenchman.

His charmant look while awake was easily substituted to a more angelical expression in his sleep. His thick curly hair was not in a neat ponytail anymore, laying around almost to his shoulders, and his tan skin had a slight blush. When Louise realized she was looking to the Frenchman's features for too long, she returned to her task, brushing away her previous thoughts.

Her excitement from her brother's announcement took over her brain, and she couldn't wait to share that joy that blessed her heart. Knowing Lafayette was deeply asleep, and would not react if she told him about the exciting news, allowing her as well to let those words fill the outside world, she mumbled in her fluent French.

- Je combattrai dans la guerre avec toi!

The Frenchman's eyes opened abruptly, surprising Louise who took a step back.

- Qu'as tu dit?!- his thick accent came louder than he thought.- War?!... You?!... COMBACT?!

- Combat where? Who?

Louise's eyes widened when she heard the voice coming from her back. Laurens stood in the entrance of the room, confused by Lafayette's ramble of words. The young woman faced him, her face in the darkest of reds and let out a nervous grind.

- Laurens, can you please meet me in the library?

He nodded, still confused, as Louise turned back to Lafayette and finished placing the bandages.

- I thought you were asleep...- she whispered.

- A light sleep, but I still heard what you said.- he mumbled back while she was ready to exit the room.- What do you mean by fighting in the war with us?!

- Rest Lafayette, we'll discuss that later!

Before he had a chance to begin a long discussion, Louise shut the door, heading to the library, down the same hall.

Arriving there, John was sitting in a chair, lost in his own thoughts. The only lights illuminating the space was the one from the desk right next to the man, and the moonlight from outside. The library was one of the darkest rooms, because of the innumerous books filling the walls, some of which Louise had the opportunity to read.

When she closed the door behind her, John seemed to wake up from his trance. His expression was not mad, nor sad. It was a worried expression. Before he could put any questions, Louise started explaining.

- Earlier, I discussed my wish to join the Revolution as a soldier with my brother. After a long talk, he allowed me to present my offer to General Washington and, if he allows me, I will part with you to the training facilities.

He approached her, while she was preparing herself for his lecture of how dangerous war was, how he would be mad at her if she chooses to fight along them instead of tediously waiting for him to come home... Instead, though, he took both of her hands, and looked deep into her eyes, with the same preoccupied expression from earlier.

- Louise...- his voice did not have a pinch of anger.- I have no doubt that you are stronger than most soldiers fighting in the war, but I can't help being worried, as I would be with anyone I loved, man or woman...

- John.- she reached for his face and caressed his cheek.- I know what you are feeling. But I'm not the kind of woman that silently waits for her loved ones to come back from war, if they do. You always say that I am different from other women. Well... I can't stand being away from you, especially knowing you're surrounded by dangers...

- And you will be too the moment you decide to join us.- he interrupted.

- If any of us dies...- she paused as her heart sank.- I would rather be next to you, than far at home. And if we both shall live... fate will sort us out from that camp.

They both stared at each other for a long time. Imagining the different scenarios. Imagining a life without each other. But also recalling the memories from last night. When love united them after a long wait.

- Promise me you will survive.

Laurens pulled his lover closer, looking dearly into her face. Before putting an end to the distance between them, he whispered.

- I promise, my love.

With this, their lips met once more in a warm, comforting kiss, which grew into more intense kisses. They weren't afraid of getting caught. In that moment that didn't even cross their minds. At that moment, they wanted to cherish the time they had for themselves before war.

Before...

(...)

A week had passed by, which seemed an eternity in the heat of the end of August. One week to go, before Hamilton and his fellow soldiers had to present themselves at George Washington army's training facilities.

Every second that went was like torture to Louise's well-being. Looking forward to joining the war, she had her full expectations in the meeting that would take place that same day, between her brother, Alexander, and George Washington. That was her only chance to convince the famous general to allow her to fight.

As the day approached, her thoughts sabotaged her concentration, as she kept thinking what would happen in case he didn't allow her to fight. Would she disguise herself as a man? Or would she resign to wait at home by her brother, friends... and lover.

The morning was peaceful, contrasting with the young woman's mind. She was lying down in Laurens' chest, while he rambled about something on the newspaper from yesterday. Since the night of their first kiss, Louise couldn't sleep without him next to her, despite the fact that they would be in big trouble if caught. The need for love suppressed any fear coming from her heart, especially in her recent nervous state. The only thing she wanted more than joining the war was being with Laurens.

- And... Louise!- the young man stopped when he noticed she was playing with a thread from his shirt.- Are you listening?

- Hmm?.. Oh yes...- she was taken by surprise.

-You are not a good liar, my love... And do you know what liars get?- he smirked in response.

- John Laurens, don't you....

-TICKLES!

He began to tickle Louise, who laughed and tried to run away, screaming for help. She was a very strong woman that did not fear the worst of wars. But tickles... that was a whole other level. John eventually retreated from his attack, when her kicks became too close to him, and her laughs too loud.

- You... are... a... son... of... a...

A breathless Louise was silenced by Laurens' kiss, who was on top of her.

- Language, young lady!- he mocked, in between kisses.

As the passionate kisses began to evolve into something else, Louise pushed him away, leaving the man laughing as she began to pick her outfit for the day. And that would be a very long day.

- Ohh, you have to leave right now?- John complained, giving her his best puppy eyes.

- Yes, I don't trust those men to make any food in this house.- they both laughed.- And I am hungry as hell!

She was ready to close the door, when she heard John from inside the room.

- Louise?

- Yes?

The man took a good look at her, and then a smile filled his face.

- I love you.

She blushed, shaking her head towards him with a smirk. That man really knew how to get through the toughest woman's heart.

When she came down the stairs and entered the kitchen, Alexander, Lafayette and Mulligan were already there. Alexander was reading the daily newspaper, while Lafayette and Mulligan fought over a tea pot. She kissed her brother's cheek, unnoticed by the two other men.

- What are they fighting about?- she asked, causing a little laugh from Alexander.

- Tea. - he replied.

She shared the same laugh, and carefully placed herself behind the two soldiers, who still hadn't noticed her arrival to the kitchen.

- Since Boston I don't drink a single cup of tea!- Mulligan shouted.- And you expect me to know how to fucking do it?

- Yes, your uncultured cochon! It's not that hard.- Lafayette replied, both looking confused at the pot.

- Actually, you don't seem to know as well! This tastes like shit!- Mulligan scorned.

- Well.- the two men finally notice Louise, as she grabs the teapot.- The first step of making tea is, curious enough, to boil water.

Lafayette and Mulligan looked at her, like two kids being reprimanded, while she poured water into a pan and boiled it. After that, she grabs the jar with the herbs they were using at their attempt to make tea, the two following every of her movements closely.

- Second...- she took a look at the content inside the jar.- You do not use oreganos as your tea herbs. Good as seasoning, unpleasant as tea.

The two soldiers looked at each other and lowered their eyes, ashamed. Louise went to the cupboard and picked some chamomile to infuse the water, now boiled. She puts everything aside, letting the tea rest, and looks back at her two disciples.

- Third... How the hell can men like you know several of the most complex battle strategies and not know how to make goddamn tea?!

- Language, young Lady!- Alexander scolded, smiling, but quickly got back to reading his newspaper after his sister's death glare.

After a few minutes, Louise held the teapot and poured tea into each of the five cups. She grabbed the sugar and looked at the two men, still on the same position as previously.

- Sugar?

They both nodded yes, resembling even more two kids after receiving a sermon from their mother. She handed each one of them a tea-cup, and they all sat at the table, sipping on their tea calmly. John was still in his room.

- Soooo Louise - Hamilton broke the silence.- You seemed to be having a lot of fun upstairs?

She almost chocked on her tea, coughing while trying to hide her blush. Lafayette and Mulligan sipped on their tea a little louder.

- A-and why do you say so, brother?

- Well - he smirked.- I heard you laughing a lot from here.

- Erm...ahh.. Laurens told me a joke!- she replied, her nerves showing off.

- Ahh, really?- Mulligan replied sarcastically.- But the laughs were REALLY loud.

- It was a really good joke!

The men shared suspicious looks with each other, and went back to their chores, while Louise was left as red as the flowers decorating the table.

(...)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 888 24
A 19-year-old human named Y/N finds a job working for JCJenson. Y/N undergoes harsh training to become a Disassembly Drone, to help with the Worker...
337K 6.6K 25
Hailey is the daughter of Hades, but you could probably already tell by her fiery blue hair that matches her personality. She is a vital part in Mal'...
385K 6.2K 34
"And this is my twin sister, Brielle." Brielle is Prince Ben's twin sister and the Princess of Auradon. She is confident, attentive, clever, and cu...
628K 12.6K 43
Takes place in Stranger Things 2 and 3 In which the Byers have a sister that has powers because while Will was stuck in the UpsideDown, she was stuck...