Reincarnation is Such a Nice...

By Jakeleyy

Reincarnation. It's a nice thing. You get to live your next life with or without your past life memories. In... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Special Chapter: Halloween
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Special Chapter: Christmas
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Special Chapter: Valentine's Day
Chapter 26
Special Chapter: April Fools
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 25

5.1K 208 43
By Jakeleyy

"Kochou-kun, can we talk for a bit?" Kyoujurou asked me with his usual smile but his eyes didn't match with his smile which made me tense up a little bit.

...

Am I in trouble? Did I do something bad? Did he find out that I tried to smack Obanai down during that time!?

"...Sure." with a nervous smile I nodded. Kyoujurou seemed to notice my nervousness and laughed.

"Don't worry, you aren't in any trouble." he waved his hand as if affirming that I wasn't in any trouble.

"But..." and his eyes glinted once more dangerously.

"I wanted to know if what you said there was true." he told me. I mentally sighed in relief that it wasn't anything serious.

"Ah, so you did hear me." I said with a chuckle while scratching my head. Kyoujurou didn't laugh or chuckle with me and kept staring at me. But he did keep that smile of his so everything is ok.

I think...

"Is it... a bad thing to think like this?" I asked with a small smile. I already knew it is a bad thing and a small part of me even agreed with it but I still wanted to support Kanae's thoughts.

And not all of the demons are evil. Nezuko and Tamayo are good examples.

And Yushiro? Meh

"In my opinion it is and I believe many in our organization also agree." Kyoujurou told me sternly. I didn't back away from his gaze and kept looking at him.

"I know. But no matter what anybody says, I won't change my mind. That's what I have decided for a long time." I told Kyoujurou with a smile.

"Even if you are killed by demons?" Kyoujurou asked me and I nodded.

"Yes. Even if I am killed by demons, I will not change my mind." I said with a tone that didn't have any hesitation. Kyoujurou was a little bit surprised by my answer and nodded with a smile that looked satisfied.

"Was that all you wanted to talk about?" I asked and Kyoujurou nodded one more time.

"Yeah, sorry for wasting your time." Kyoujurou apologized with a bow and I waved my hand at him.

"I don't mind at all. But if you really feel sorry then you can teach me the trick for Breath of Flames at one point." I told him with a grin.

"Of course! I will call you when I see the chance." Kyoujurou told me with a laugh. I could feel my ears hurting from Kyoujurou's laugh since I was nearby but held back the pain.

"I will go now. I hope we will see once again in the near future." Kyoujurou told me and turned around to leave.

"Yeah, see you." I waved at also turned around to leave from another route.

It took me a while to leave Asakusa but I finally found my way out and stretched my arms in a tired way. I could feel my bones pop here and there which was satisfying.

Time to go home. I wonder if there's anything new back there? Maybe Jigoro finally found Zenitsu and... Kaigaku...

Hmm... Should I still stick up with my plan and kick him out the moment I see him or should I wait and give him a small but not so big chance...

Maybe the former but I should maybe think about the latter a little bit. Jigoro would really beat the life out of me if I kick Kaigaku away without a proper reason.

So I will wait until he makes a big ruckus and then finally kick him away from the household. If he won't make any ruckus, I will let him stay for a while.

=====

"Bam! I am home!" sliding the door open with a loud sound, I made a loud entrance, only to see nobody greeting me.

...

Where the heck is everybody?

I glanced to my left and right and still saw nobody around me which made me frown a bit.

"Oooi~! Nee-chan! Shinobu! Bell!" I called out for my sisters but no answer was given back to me. I sighed and scratched my head in a little bit of sadness.

Nobody saw my great entrance... That sucks.

Having nothing to do at all, I left the Flower Estate and decided to meet Jigoro. I knew that he would do another Kamen Rider finisher to me and cracked my neck to prepare for an epic dodge.

It didn't take that much of time anymore since I got used to the route to Flower Estate and to Thunder Estate.

I walked in the Estate and as usual, Jigoro was not in the Estate. I wonder what that old man even does while I'm outside doing my job? Maybe walking around places and searching Zenitsu.

Where the heck is that kid even? Is he currently getting tricked by a random lady now or something?

I will have to teach him... Nah, nevermind. Zenitsu is funny the way he currently is. But if I see him trying to flirt with my sisters, I will beat the life out of him.

For now, I made my way to the mountain where Jigoro usually stays. This makes me wonder if he lives there or just likes to rest in high places.

Meh, maybe both. Or maybe... He is a loner and doesn't want to see others!? Not really but it would be kind of funny.

While I was thinking about stuff, I had arrived to my destination and just like usual, Jigoro was meditating or training in secret on a stump.

His hands twitched a few times before he opened his eyes and started to kind of glare at me. He took his cane that was leaning against the stump and threw it in my way.

And at a fast speed, of course.

I caught the cane easily which didn't surprise me or Jigoro at all and made my way towards Jigoro while chuckling.

"No kick this time?" I asked my teacher and gave him his cane back. He took it back with a scowl and gestured, or more like ordered, me to sit on another stump.

I didn't really mind since I knew Jigoro didn't mean any ill will and sat on the other stump.

"Hmph! My cane is enough for someone like you!" Jigoro said while crossing his arms and eventually stopped scowling.

"...How have you been?" he asked me.

"Fine, excellent, per~fect." I said with a small smirk and puffing my chest out a little bit.

"Is that so." Jigoro commented while nodding a few times in satisfaction. He once more looked at me and then stared at my katana.

"Show me your katana for me." Jigoro had his hand open and I handed my katana for him. He unsheathed it and held the blade out so he could observe it.

"Hmm... I can't say I am happy how you treat your katana but I am still proud." Jigoro said and turned the katana around a few times before sheathing it back.

"You are afraid that your katana breaks when you try to block. Is that right?" Jigoro asked and gave me back my katana. My eyes were wide in surprise as I took back my katana.

"Wao... You got it right..." I said surprisedly while scratching my head. Jigoro wasn't completely wrong but he was mostly right which kind of made me respect for his observation.

Jigoro nodded a few times and reached out for me to pat my shoulder.

"I understand. In the past, I was also afraid that my katana would get broken in the middle of a battle and get injured or killed." Jigoro told me while I kept listening to his story with full concentration.

"But one day, when I had joined the Hashiras, I knew the existence of the village of swordsmiths and met my swordsmith along the way." Jigoro started to chuckle a few times while remembering about the past.

"He somehow found out that I questioned the katana he made and chased after me with a kitchen knife." and this time he shivered a bit in fear. I couldn't help but snicker at the thought of Jigoro getting chased by a mask-wearing man with a knife.

But as a result, I got smacked by Jigoro's cane.

"Anyways, what I am trying to tell you is that you should trust the man who made your katana. Which is why we are getting you a new katana since your old one is now short and weak." Jigoro continued and stood up to call his Kasugai Crow. He told something to the bird before letting it fly away in a random direction.

"What should I do with my old katana then?" I asked Jigoro who sat back down on the same stump.

"Don't worry, the swordsmith that gave you that katana will use it for your new one." Jigoro told me.

"But you need to give it to him or he won't be able to start his work." he added and I nodded.

"Then, sensei, can you help your pupil and give this to him for me?" I asked with a big smile while offering my katana to him which made Jigoro sigh and shake his head.

"Only because you are asking nicely." Jigoro told me and took my katana.

"Arigatou, Jigoro-sensei." I bowed down to him and grinned.

"But I won't do it for free." Jigoro added and stood up. He walked a little bit far away from me and turned around.

"Show me what you have learned in these three years." Jigoro gestured me to come at him and I nodded.

"But we don't have weapons though." I said and Jigoro threw his cane for me.

"That cane is strong enough to handle some strikes. Now come at me." Jigoro stood still with one of his hands holding the hilt of my katana.

I also took my usual stance preparing to plan my actions against the former Thunder Pillar.

=====

"Haa... Haa... Haa..." I breathed heavily while clenching at the cane in my hand and staring at Jigoro who still haven't moved nor out of breath.

I knew Jigoro was strong but I didn't think he would be this strong... What the heck!?

"Are you done, Shin?" Jigoro asked me with a smirk and I frowned.

"Of course not!" I shouted and activated God Speed to get behind Jigoro. I swung the cane at his neck which Jigoro only bowed and stabbed my stomach with my katana's sheath.

I felt all the oxygen, I breathed in, come out from my body. I grunted from the pain and Jigoro continued his attack by kicking at the side of my head.

Before his foot connected to my head, I blocked it with my hand. But the power behind Jigoro's foot wasn't something to underestimate and I was sent flying away.

I slid against the ground and stood up weakly. My breathing was heavy which didn't help at all my recovery.

"You amateur. While great, you are using the Breath Styles completely wrong. You are so predictable" Jigoro told me and still stood in his place.

"Heh, maybe because my sensei wouldn't teach me anything." I said with a smirk and Jigoro laughed a bit.

"That is correct... But you also didn't ask me for help." Jigoro pointed out and I didn't say anything back.

"Here, let me show you how to use one of the Breath Styles properly." Jigoro told me and took the first styles stance.

I prepared myself to dodge or parry it since I didn't have the energy nor time to use any Breath Styles.

I watched as Jigoro took a deep breath and-

*thud*

"Gah!" I grunted and watched down to see Jigoro stabbing my stomach with my katana's hilt. He moved to the side and let me fall down while holding my stomach in pain.

"This is how you use the first style. Fast and unpredictable." Jigoro told me and walked away somewhere.

"Rest for now. We will begin your training after you have rested." Jigoro's voice became more distant as he spoke which told me that he left me with his cane.

I grunted once more at the pain and pushed myself up with a frown.

"Curse that old man..." I muttered and used the cane to support me fully. I held my stomach and slightly winced at the pain that was still in my stomach.

"Hah... I guess I'll ask Shinobu and Nee-chan to patch me up again..." I said and made my way to the Flower Estate slowly.

=====

*creak*

I pushed the door aside and walked inside the Flower Estate. In front of me walked Shinobu with a basket full of water and one single towel.

She didn't seem to notice and when she turned around at the sound I made, she gasped and dropped the basket.

"Shin-chan!" Shinobu called out for me and rushed to help me. I laughed a little bit at her reaction which made her smack my head.

"Don't laugh! This is a serious problem!" she scolded me and I nodded.

"I don't think you still should smack me when I'm injured." I told Shinobu and instantly shut up when I saw Shinobu's glare.

"Patients get no freedom of speech in front of me." Shinobu told me and dragged me to one of the free rooms.

I sat down on one of the beds and set Jigoro's cane leaning against the wall while Shinobu was getting all the necessary stuff. She set each item on a nearby desk and then finally sat on a chair in front of me.

"Shirt off, now." she ordered me and I did as she told me.

I have learned not to go against Shinobu when she is in this kind of mood. Kanae is also a little bit the same but uses more violence than glares.

Is this what you call a tsundere? Maybe not...

While I was dozing off, Shinobu was already bandaging my injuries and I almost backed off at the sudden closeness with me and her.

"Don't move or I will smack you again." Shinobu told me and I muttered a small apology for her.

It was an awkward silence with Shinobu bandaging my injuries and me staring at her adorable face. She, of course, saw me staring at her and sometimes glanced at my way.

"...Why are you always coming back with injuries?" Shinobu asked me with a sad face.

"I came back without injuries this time. I got these because my sensei wanted to train me." I told Shinobu while patting her head with my free hand. She didn't say anything back and clenched the bandage in her hands tightly.

"...But I still don't like it when you come back with injuries." she told me and was almost crying. I felt my heart clench at the sight and pulled her in for a hug.

"Next time, when I come back home, I won't have any injuries. I promise." I whispered in her ear and she hugged me back tightly.

"Really?" she asked me.

"Really." I assured her.

"No lies?"

"No lies."

"Forever and ever?"

"I don't think that's possible but I'll try." I chuckled a bit and we separated from our hug. I wiped the tears away that were coming from one of Shinobu's eyes with my thumb and then pointed at my injuries.

"Can you finish these for me now?" I asked with a grin and Shinobu hit my shoulder before continuing bandaging me with a giggle.

Another awkward silence came for a few seconds before the door was slid open. Inside came worried Bell and Kanae who was... not angry at all?

The both of them walked inside with Bell wanting to help Shinobu and Kanae standing behind Bell, looking at me with a smile.

I tried my best to stare back but couldn't keep doing it forever and looked away first.

Curse the elder siblings for winning staring contests...

I opened my mouth and closed it a few times, each time having my words unable to come out. It took a few struggles until I finally said something.

"Eto... I'm home?" It took a few struggles but I finally said something with a nervous smile.

"Welcome home. Anything else?" Kanae asked with her eyes closed.

"...No?" I said uncertainly and was chopped on the head by Kanae.

"Ow..." I muttered and Kanae sighed before giggling.

"That's your punishment for being an idiot." Kanae told me and I saw Shinobu nodding. Bell didn't nod which made me feel grateful and almost hug her right now.

"How rude. I am trying my best and you two know it." I faked being hurt while pointing at Kanae and Shinobu. They giggled a little bit and my bandaging was done.

One day I am going to be a mummy. And when that happens, I will call myself a pharaoh.

"Ah, by the way after I am healed, I may come back with new injuries." I told my three sisters with a small laugh.

And the glares I got was not pleasant at all... The three girls in front of me were glaring at me and I raised my hands in defense.

"Please don't kill me..." I begged but it didn't help when the three of them were already raising their own hands.

Ahh... What did I do to deserve this kind of life?

=====

Omake

A few minutes earlier, Kanae and Bell were behind the door, peeking at their two siblings having a conversation.

Bell didn't really understand what was about to happen and listened to her new big sister. She was a good girl, after all.

Kanae was different though. She at first frowned when she saw Shin having injuries but before she could walk inside the room, her little siblings were having a private time together.

Kanae knew how to read the mood. She actually liked these kinds of moments. That's why she had spoiled Shinobu in the past as much as she could.

She kept watching at Shinobu and Shin hugging each other. Shinobu quietly crying in the embrace and Shin trying to calm her down.

"Really?"

"Really."

"No lies?"

"No lies."

"Forever and ever?"

"I don't think that's possible but I'll try."

Kanae giggled at the answers Shin gave and squealed a little bit at Shinobu. This was why she spoiled Shinobu as much as she could.

Shinobu was too adorable. Dangerously adorable that Kanae felt that her health was in danger.

Of course, Bell was also adorable like Shinobu but they both have different kinds of adorableness.

And Shinobu shined the most when she was alone with Shin.

Kanae felt Bell clench at her haori which made her glance at the blonde girl. Bell was almost crying at the scene in front of her and Kanae caressed Bell's head.

It was then Bell sniffed once and wiped the small tears in her eyes away. Kanae felt proud at Bell, even though it was Shin that brought Bell here and not she herself.

Bell was kind. Too kind. Which was why Kanae had decided to teach Bell a little bit about the world.

But that is a story for another time and they finally had the chance to enter the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 289 19
Y/N never expected this. She never thought she'd be fighting demons. No one thought she'd know the sun breather. Now here she is, sitting in the d...
2.5K 71 19
OC x Shinobu Kocho Life wasn't going great for these particular siblings. Kazuya, Shimo, and Ayaka. These were the names given to them by their fat...
3.2K 88 11
A demon slayer fanfiction. [Nezuko x male reader] The darkness was your world. You lost everything so you became a demon slayer in order to prevent...