Chapter 16

All right... What should I do first... I can't do any physical training since my wounds will reopen and I will be a bloody mess again.

So I should do something like understanding the Breath Styles better. I will start with the Breath of Wind or Flame. I could also try the Breath of Flower but I don't know where Kanae is. And I'm too lazy to search for another Breath of Flower user.

Shinobu is still creating the Breath of Insect and my body isn't flexible enough to handle the Breath of Love...

I don't have a good sense of touch for Breath of Beast nor do I have a good hearing for Breath of Sound...

Now that I think of it... Aren't I pretty average? I am just a hard-working person that has an average talent.

I should stop thinking about stuff like this... I feel less special, each time I think about this.

Hmm...

You know. I will go to meet Bell and Shinobu and train with them. I still owe Bell an apology for leaving her alone with Shinobu.

I wonder what Breath Style she has learned. Maybe the same as Shinobu. Since they both are training together. I'm excited to see them again.

=====

Flower estate. Here we are. Okay, Shin, take a deep breath. You can do it. It is just saying sorry for Bell and that's it. And also I should explain why I'm injured and bandaged like a mummy.

I feel like Kakashi since one of my eyes is covered. And I still haven't seen the wound where Mitsuri slashed me. I wonder if it left a scar... 

I took another deep breath and prepared to open the door. My heart was beating fast and loudly. 

Should I try this tomorrow? I'm tired and injured. Hahaha...

"What are you doing, Shin-chan?" a voice called me, next to my ear.

"WAH!" I shouted and turned around in surprise. I was holding my shirt as I looked at grinning Shinobu.

"Don't do that... My poor heart can't handle it..." I told Shinobu and she giggled. She took a good look at me and frowned.

"How did you get these wounds?" Shinobu asked me and felt the bandage on my eye. I smiled nervously and let out a small laugh.

"Ahaha... A stray cat scratched me when I tried to hug it..." I lied and backed off a little bit. Shinobu kept glaring at me while she got closer and closer.

"And the real reason is?" Shinobu asked me with a glare. She was so short that she had to stand on tiptoes.

Of course, my lie had to go through her head. I just will never get good at lying.

Now that I take a good look at Shinobu, she looks kind of cute when she's angry. I wonder why I felt scared of her...

I flicked Shinobu's forehead and chuckled. She flinched and held her forehead while pouting.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. But how are you and Bell? Are you two getting along?" I asked Shinobu. She stopped pouting and smile

"Hai. We are getting along really well. She is a hard-working child just like you, Shin-chan." Shinobu told me. Hehe. I feel like a proud father right now.

"But she was sad at first when you left her alone with me. You better apologize to her." she added.

"Of course, that was my plan." I said with all my nervousness gone.

We went inside the Flower estate and we were greeted by some of the helpers in the estate. We made our way again to the backyard and I could see Bell running around the place with some obstacles around her.