Chapter 20

"I have returned, Oyakata-sama." I bowed down to Kagaya. He was not alone again and I had to change into the polite me.

"Thank you, Shin. I hope nothing went wrong?" Kagaya asked me. His eyes staring into mine and smile never leaving his mouth.

"No..." I said dejectedly. Nothing really went wrong but what happened there was not the best.

Yoshino got sad and mad at me. She said how I was lying and murdered her husband. I truly felt bad. The demon might have been fake, but it still had Matsuda's personality. I might as well had killed the man himself.

I feel bad... sad... depressed... Heh. Forgot that my mind is weaker than my body... I need to fix that somehow.

I stood up and left the Estate. I'm sure Kagaya knows that I'm not fine at all but I don't think he is the cure for this... He is a nice guy. For every demon slayer that is. And for everybody that loathes Muzan.

I wonder what Bell is doing now. Maybe running around with weights and such or something that increases her stamina. After stamina training, I should make her master the styles. Leaving the styles as level one is not really a good thing.

I should also train and hone my swordsmanship but I'm not in the mood. My mind has taken too much damage from everything.

Death of my parents, Sabito almost died in front of me, Bell got hurt when I enjoyed my sleep, almost failing to help Giyu because I played around, destruction of a town, and Matsuda...

Heavy... Taking responsibility for your actions is a heavy thing... The title of Pillar... Do I even deserve it? I wonder what Kagaya sees in me. 

I smelled something nice and realized that I had walked to the mountain Shinobu had shown me. As usual, it was a breathtaking place.

I sat on one of the chairs and looked at the view. Or more like stared at the empty space. I need a rest. A proper rest. For my mind of course.

"What are you doing, Shin-chan?" asked a sweet voice next to my ear. I looked behind me to see Kanae smiling. I blinked a few times until a small smile came to my face.

"Yo, Nee-chan..." I greeted and turned my head back to the empty space. I heard Kanae take the other chair next to me and sat on it. I leaned my head against her shoulder and let out a tired sigh.

"Is something wrong?" Kanae asked me worriedly. Her free hand petting my head and sometimes played with my hair.

"I'm tired... Mentally." I told her honestly. My eyes became heavier as Kanae kept playing with my hair. The flowers also helped with my sleepiness.

"If you are tired you can always rely on me. I'm your Onee-chan after all." Kanae said a little bit cheerfully. I let out another smile as I closed my eyes.

"Yeah... I will do that..." I told Kanae and finally fell asleep.

=====

Kanae's POV

I looked as Shin-chan fell asleep. This was the first time he had been tired this way... I'm worried. He never tells me or Shinobu anything important. Always keeping them to himself or solving them.

But I don't care about that. I love Shin-chan as he is and I hope to become someone he can rely on whenever he is tired or sad. Fufufu. Shinobu, I'm leading in our little game.

I set Shin-chan's head on my lap so he was more comfortable. His soft hair has grown a little bit longer so I should cut it at some point.

I played with his hair again. Twirling the bangs around and drawing circles on different places. I enjoy doing this a lot. It feels calming for some reason.