Chapter 7

"Hiiii! Please spare my life!" the demon trembled in fear and pleaded for his life. His back was leaning against a wall in the middle of the town's road. I clenched my katana tighter while still pointing it at the demon's face.

"People you ate must have said the same thing. And what did you do to them?" I asked the demon. He seemed to understand my meaning and clenched his teeth.

"You bast-" he shouted and tried to attack me. But since my reflexes were faster than his, I had already cut his head off. I sheathed my katana and stared at the crumbling body.

"This wouldn't have happened if you didn't eat any humans..." I muttered in silence.

"It would really be nice if we could coexist together, right?" Kanae asked me as she had magically appeared next to me.

"WAH!" I shouted in surprise and jumped in my place. I held my chest as I glared at Kanae.

"Please don't appear next to me like that..."

"Fufufu. This might be the first time I have seen you surprised during these journeys." she said to me with a mischevious grin.

Now that she mentioned it, she may be right. There had been a couple surprise attacks but none of them had scared me this much. I'm also starting to get bored with this new usual routine...

After I had saved Kanae and we left the town, we have been traveling around Japan and killing demons while helping people. Many of the demons trembled in fear while begging for their life and some did not.

"To answer your question, yes it would be nice if we could coexist. Maybe not now but in the near future, it could be possible." I told Kanae with a smile. She seemed to agree with my thoughts and nodded.

We decided to walk around the town just in case we didn't miss any demons or if there anyone that neede help. Not seeing any problems I decided to start a conversation.

"What should we do now? Those stupid crows aren't ordering us to do anything so I think we can go back home." I told Kanae. She frowned a bit and slapped my head.

"Don't call them stupid. Without them you would be lost in one second." she scolded me. Hey, if I did my best, I could easily find out where our home is... maybe...

"Haai. But still, what should we do now?" I asked again. Kanae seemed to be in deep thoughts as she was in a thinking position.

...

...

...

"Ah! I know! Let's give Shinobu a visit!" she suggested happily. Ah... I completely forgot about Shinobu... I'm pretty sure my face is telling that I forgot about her but please don't notice it Kanae.

"Shin-chan..." Kanae said disappointedly. 

"...What?" I asked, slightly afraid about her tone.

"...You forgot about her, right?" And of course, she found out because why not!

"...Hai..." I admitted with shame while lowering my head in dejection.

"She's going to be angry when I tell her about this." Kanae told me with a grin.

"Please don't! She will ignore me for months!" I shouted panickily.

There was this one time in the past when I did something bad to Shinobu and she ignored me for months. It was not funny at all. It hurt that she didn't want my attention and didn't speak to me. I almost cried!

"Fufufu. What should I do." Kanae threatened me

"Tell her and I will ignore you!" I fought back. Kanae didn't seem to mind it at all and kept smiling.