Chapter 27

"Is Bell...?" I asked worriedly to Shinobu as she closed the door.

"She just fell asleep. I guess confessing everything got her relieved and tired." Shinobu assured me and I sighed in relief.

"That's great..." I muttered and slid down the wall. My arms resting on top of my knees and head hanging down in shame.

"Shin-chan..." Shinobu sat next to me in worry and I moved my head so I was looking at her. A small sigh escaped from me.

"What should I do now?" I asked Shinobu sadly.

"Hmm... How about speaking with Bell-chan first?" Shinobu offered me her opinion and I hummed back.

"Yeah... I should do that..." I said with another sad tone and got slapped on the head by Shinobu. I placed a hand on my head and stared at Shinobu with a few blinks.

"Stop acting sad and dejected when you totally deserved this." Shinobu told me with her eyes narrowed angrily.

I stared at Shinobu for a few seconds before letting out a smile. As a result, Shinobu began to frown.

I patted Shinobu's head a few times before using her head to push me up.

"Thanks, Shinobu." I told Shinobu with a grin and she also stood up while fixing her hair.

"Hmph!" Shinobu swung her arms at me while pouting but I dodged them all with a laugh.

Before Shinobu could continue her assault, I ran away from her but stopped right around the corner of the house.

"Too bad, maybe next time." with a smirk I left Shinobu alone and could hear her stomp the floor in anger.

Kukuku. It's been a while since I teased Shinobu and it feels satisfying. I guess I need these kinds of relaxing times now and then.

"I'm back!" I heard Kanae's voice call out and decided to greet her first before others.

"Welcome back~." I greeted Kanae lazily with a wave of my hand and saw a child hiding behind her.

...

"Did you kidnap somebody's imouto?" I asked and got a flick on my forehead by Kanae.

"Fufufu. You know I won't do that." Kanae scolded me lightly and I chuckled.

"I know." I said and glanced once more at the young girl that was still hiding behind Kanae.

"DId her..." I asked but couldn't finish the sentence. Kanae knew what I tried to ask and nodded to my question. I held back my sadness for now and forced a smile on my face.

I lowered myself to the girl's height and pulled out the flower that I couldn't give to Bell from my pocket.

The girl hesitated a bit but grabbed the flower from my hand and thanked me with a nod. I reached out for her head with my hand and patted it.

I didn't know what to say to her so after giving her a silent greeting, I left the Estate with my forced smile fading away.

How long do I have to wait for my katana to be reforged... I could help or save so many or at least a few people out there...

I hit a nearby wall with my fist and let out a depressed sigh. I'm too greedy, selfish, and naive... There are still others out there.

Giyu, Kyoujurou, Mitsuru, Obanai, Sanemi, and many more demon slayers. I have to believe in them. I have to believe that they will save and help people that we cannot reach at the moment.

Yes, as the dear Emiya family has once said. Kill one to save ten, kill ten to save hundred, and so on.

I do NOT like this way of thinking at all but it is the truth and I hate it very much.