Chapter 8

Ugh... It's too bright... Who put the lights on? Let me sleep for five more minutes...

I groaned tiredly and covered my head with the blanket. But it became hotter and harder to breathe as the time passed so I gave up on sleeping and woke up. I stood up and stretched but regretted it instantly as I felt pain in my torso.

Ow... That hurt. Never do that again when injured. I should take a bath since I didn't take yesterday.

I grabbed my Demon Slayer Corps outfit, which I was given before girls kicked me away, and head to the hot springs. I wonder how much it's going to hurt my wound... Well, only one way to find out.

=====

It hurt. Not a lot but still hurt. Nothing reopened, thanks for the Full Concentration mode. I think a scar will be left. 

After I had worn my outfit, I went to the dining hall. Nobody has arrived so I decided to eat first. I asked the caretakers to bring me food and went to sit down.

After waiting for a while, one of the caretakers placed a tray down in front of me. I thanked her and took a good look at my breakfast. A bowl of rice, miso soup, and grilled fish. Nothing special but it looks good.

"Itadakimasu." I said and started to eat my food. I usually wouldn't say this but when you live in Japan for eleven years, you make a habit or two. My parents also scolded me for not saying it when we had our meal together. This world's parents, not the past life's.

It was quiet as I ate my breakfast. I kind of like this silence. It helps me calm down and relax. I could hear a little bit of the outside but it wasn't that loud so I didn't complain. If the world could be this quiet and peaceful, I would love to see it.

I could hear someone slid the door open. Inside the dining hall came Kanae and Mitsuri. Both of them had the Demon Slayer Corps outfit on and were smiling brightly. I guess the talk went well.

"Good morning." I said to both of them while eating my breakfast. They both greeted me back and sat down. Both of them were sitting next to me. Not close but not that far either.

They both asked the caretakers to bring them their food and they did it. Same breakfast as me but Mitsuri was given a bigger bowl of rice. She did eat a lot in the manga so it doesn't surprise me that much.

"Nee, Shin-chan. You're very quiet today. Is there a reason?" Kanae asked me as she started to eat her breakfast.

"No reason." I answered. She hummed in silence and continued to eat in silence. 

"Thanks for the food." I said and the same caretaker, who gave me my breakfast, came and took my tray away. I feel kind of bad making her do this for me. I, of course, thanked her.

I looked at Kanae who was still eating and enjoying the food. She had her eyes closed while smiling, everytime she put food in her mouth. I know I just ate my food but she makes the food look delicious again.

I stopped staring at Kanae and turned my head to the other side where Mitsuri is.

...

Since when did she eat ten more bowls of rice? I never heard her make any noise...

Mitsuri saw me staring at her mountain of bowls and smiled nervously.

"Is it strange for a girl to eat this much?" she asked me. I could feel her nervousness. I'm also feeling a strange feeling behind me... If I say something bad I will regret it for sure...