Chapter 22

"Shin, concentrate on your whole surroundings. Remember to keep your mind calm." Sabito told me while walking around me with a wooden katana.

I had asked him to teach me the Eleventh Style and I haven't made any progress with this yet. It may not be done yet but it won't hurt to learn something useful as this.

If I had to be honest, I would say this style is really broken since it can block a certain amount of attacks. And when there is three of them together? Now that's really overpowered.

"Ow." I muttered out when I felt something hit my head softly. I saw Sabito tapping his wooden katana on his shoulder a few times.

"Concentrate." Sabito scolded me and I did as he told me.

I tried to concentrate on my surroundings and kept my mind calm but nothing was coming out. I just heard the wind, leaves rustling, and everything else you can hear around nature.

"Hmm... I can't do it... Or more like, I can't feel it coming out." I said with a frown.

This move is starting to annoy me... If I just knew how it works, then this wouldn't be that much of a pain in the neck. But alas, the world is not that easy for you.

"Well, it's not completed yet after all. It's not going be that easy to do it." Sabito told me with a smile. I frowned more in annoyance and swung my wooden katana back and fort since I was bored.

"If it helps you, my father told me this. Water can change into any form." Sabito told me and I stopped swinging my katana.

Oh yeah. Sakonji did say something like that in the anime. I completely forgot about that. How did it go... Place water in something and it will be a sphere? Place water in a box and it will be a square? Something close to that.

"Any form... Water...?" I muttered out while trying to remember what the Eleventh Style looked like. 

Becoming one with the water. That's what Sakonji told Tanjirou to do when he kicked Tanjirou in the lake. So if I think this correctly, Giyu spread himself until he was the size of a pond?

Sounds ridiculous but it should kind of make sense in this world. Or at least in my brains, it makes sense.

One with the water... Spreading myself to my surroundings... Keep my body relaxed and my mind calm...

It wasn't that hard to 'spread' myself to my surroundings since I have a few styles that are the same topic as this one.

I could feel something coming out or appearing but wasn't completely sure. It felt like the whole world was calm and peaceful. Lull is a perfect name for this.

I felt something come near me and I subconsciously hit(?) it away. I wasn't sure what deflected it but it definitely came from me. I didn't feel myself move my katana at all. It was like the whole... atmosphere? Or whatever you call it around me deflected it itself.

I turned to look at what was coming at me and saw Sabito with his wooden katana thrown away from him. He looked surprised at something and I was also surprised.

Did I just... complete the style by accident? Something that looked so difficult was completed this easily? I feel like something is messing around with me.

"Shin... Did you just...?" Sabito asked or at least tried to ask me. He was too speechless and I was also speechless that I only nod my head.

"I... think I did it by accident..." I answered honestly. I pinched my cheek and Sabito looked at me strangely.

"Please tell me this is not a dream." I told Sabito and he patted my head.

"I can assure you that this is not a dream." Sabito told me with a big smile. I couldn't help but also smile too.