ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanficti...

By Iris270902_

[Under editing] Anam Cara : A person with whom you can share your deepest thoughts, fears and feeling. ... More

β€’ Nandini Murthy β€’
β€’ Manik Malhotra β€’
1. A Tune that Struck
2. Tangled Cords
3. Negotiations
4. Cupids
5. Frustration & Feelings
6. Mending with a Thread
7. An Eventful Evening
8. Locked Away
9. Bending To His Will
10. Shattering Prejudices
11. "She Is A Mystery!"
12. Poking The Tigress
13. Pulling The Breaks
chapter 15 : Imagination
chapter 16 : Preparations
chapter 17 : My Buddy
chapter 18: Manan Missing??
chapter 19: Drunken Moments
chapter 20 : Aftereffects
chapter 21 : Surprises And Shocks.
chapter 22 : Love Story
chapter 23: The Bachelor's
chapter 24: Ammu
chapter 25 : Past By The Sea
Chapter 26: I Am With You
chapter 27 : Stalking Him
Chapter 28 :Forlorn Lanes
Chapter 29 : The Escape.
Chapter 30 : Realization Hits!
Chapter 31: #Muku ka Abhi
Chapter 32: The Family Brunch
Chapter 33 : Unofficially Official
Chapter 34 : Indirect Confession
Chapter 35: The Language of Love
Chapter 36: Growing Relations
Chapter 37: Ray of Hope
Chapter 38: Mantra For Life
Chapter 39 : Misson Is On.
Chapter 40: A Whole New World
Chapter 41: Sanam Mere Sanam
Chapter 42: One Time Wonder
Chapter 43: The Fab 5
Happy New Year!!!
Chapter 44 : Coupling
Chapter 45: Solitude
Chapter 46: A Day Out
Chapter 47: Sunset And You
Chapter 48 : Re-living
Chapter 49: Goodbyes
Chapter 51: Tashan
PROMO
Chapter 52 : The Begining of US
Chapter 53: The Night of Love
Chapter 54 : Flowers for You
Chapter 55: Will you be my date?
Chapter 56: Understanding Manik
Chapter 57 : My Metanoia
Chapter 58 : Badimaa
Chapter 59 : The Charity Gala
Chapter 60 : Broken
Chapter 61: Bhula Dena Mujhe
Chapter 62 : THE Day
Chapter 63: Truth of The Past (1)
Chapter 63: Truth of the Past (2)
PROMO
Chapter 64: The Last Fight
Chapter 65: Forever?
(Bonus) Chapter 66: The Sea of Love
Sequal

Chapter 50: Without You...

3.1K 301 93
By Iris270902_

Okay so before you guys start reading this chapter I want to tell you that this is a filler and foreshadowing chapter. The high voltage story will start from after this chapter ❤

*unedited*

Nandini stood at the same spot watching Manik go inside. She was smiling at her own antics. She herself was feeling surges of change inside her head, she couldn't help but feel happy about it. She went towards her car but saw an unknown man waiting for her at the car door. "Who are you? ", she asked, "Ma'am mai driver hu sir ka, Manik sir ne aapko aapke ghar tak chodne ko kaha hai (Ma'am I am Manik sir's driver, he has ordered to drop you home) ", she was going to oppose it when her phone beeped with a message. It was from Manik :

Please let the driver drop you it's for your own safety.

Nandini couldn't not help but blush at all this care being showered upon her. She agreed happily to his demand.

The man who was following her saw all this and shrieked that unknowingly once again Manik has ensured Nandini's safety. He had no choice left but to leave and go his own way.

____________________________________

*Nandini's room*

Nandini was back home safely with Manik's driver and was now sitting on the bed after changing her clothes.

She was already missing Manik and there were still seven days left to see him again. She had no idea when did Manik become such an indispensable part of her life. It was difficult for her to imagine a day where he doesn't message doesn't meet doesn't call. They had certainly become each others oxygen suppliers . (Oxygen still remains the most important 😂😜)

Nandini had another task at hand too. It has always been Manik who arranges for these dates, who initiates dinners lunches but this time she wants to be the one who initiates. She was not good at all this and she accepts that. She also realized that she knows little about Manik's taste and preferences. She thought for a while and then called someone. "Hello Cabir? ", she said, "Nandini Manik is not with me, he left for Manali ", Cabir said as soon as he answered the call, "I know Cabir, I only dropped him at the airport. Actually I wanted to talk about something else", she said. Cabir raised an eyebrow and said, "Okay! Shoot". "Cabir vo...umm... Do you... I mean do you have any idea about what kind of... Ummm... Date Manik would like to go on? ", she asked feeling hell embarrassed. Cabir felt something weird in her ways and her question too but let it be and gave all the information he could.

After knowing everything, she sat down to meticulously plan her proposal according to his choices. She would be planning a surprise like this for the first time in her life and she was damn excited for it. A thought crossed her mind. That day is also Nyonika's birthday. She had to gift her something. She remembered how Nyonika treated and cared for her like her own daughter. She exactly knew what to do. She rushed to the place where she hasn't been in a while.

The room was maintained well. The bed was made just as she liked. The whole decore was done is the vintage look according to her preference. Everything was decorated keeping in mind her likes and dislikes , the only thing missing was her presence .

She didn't want to upset herself reminceing the old days. She hurried to the cupboard and started look for what she needed. After an intense search she found the thing she was looking for. It was rough sketch of a Saree like dress. The paper on which it was drawn had now become torn and tattered. It looked quite old. She ran a soft hand on it taking extreme care of not tearing it. A small unshed drop of tear formed in her eyes but she wiped it before it could fall. It wasn't the time to cry over spilt milk. She was about to begin a new phase of her life with Manik in it and with him there is no place for tears. She called up someone and instructed her to get the design made to the exact details.

Moving out she took one last glace at the room and at the picture hanging there. Passing on a small smile she went to sleep.

*Next day*

The day was supposed to be a very hectic one for Nandini. She and Aryaman were in her cabin , discussing about their project and business.

"Nandini, we have idle funds with us, according to me we should undertake some investments ",  Aryaman said. Nandini was listening to him but her mind was wandering away from the discussion. "You are right Manik", Nandini said absent mindedly. Aryaman looked up from his tablet on hearing Manik's name. He smirked and thought to tease her more. "And then we'll run away from here", he said randomly making illogical sentences, "Correct Manik", came Nandini's reply. Aryaman was smiling looking at her love sick sister. He tapped Nandini's shoulders, bringing her back to the world, "Earth to Nandini, Earth to Nandini", he joked giggling. Nandini shook herself bringing out herself from trance. "Yeah...yeah ", she said trying to gather herself. "Meri pyaariiii behen...Manik land se please wapas aa jaa (My dear sister... Please come back from Manik land) ", Aryamam said slapping her forehead lovingly. She mouthed a cute sorry to him and then said, "What were you talking about earlier? ". Aryaman smiled and repeated his words , this time Nandini was listening with rapt attention. "Yes Aryaman even I was thinking the same. You know what, I was thinking about expansion in some other line of business", she put forth her views and Aryaman nodded." I'll look for potential companies for investment then", Aryaman said, " And yes Nandini... We have a meeting over lunch with the new associates at around 2 okay". Nandini nodded and got back to her work.

*meeting*

Nandini was having her meeting in The Vista by Taj Lands End. It was almost about to end. As she was alone, without Aryaman she didn't wait to have lunch and got up to go as soon as it ended, however she stopped when she saw some people. She went to say hello to them.

"Hey Abhi! Hello Raj uncle", Nandini said as she approached the table where these two were seated. Abhi and Raj looked up and found Nandini smiling at them. "Hello Nandini", both greeted her back. Though they both smiled genuinely at her, she could see the tense lines on their forehead. "Is everything okay? You both look disturbed", she cited the obvious.

The father and son duo looked at each other and sighed. "Nandini... It's a business matter, nothing else", Abhi said with his eyes lowered. "Uncle you take me as your daughter right? Won't you tell me what's the matter? Maybe I can be of some help ", she said. 

With much hesitation Abhi spoke ,"Nandini we started with a construction project few days back. It was my brain child. The designs, the presentation everything was mine. The investors were ready to invest in my model and the work was supposed to start from the next week but at the last moment , the major chunk of investors withdrew from the project citing foolish reasons. Just now I had a meeting with them, where I tried convincing them but it was of no use".

Nandini patiently heard everything and understood everything. After weighing her words she said, "Abhi to be honest just today I and Aryaman were discussing about expansion plans in other industries. I couldn't have taken the risk of starting for scratch which is why I was looking for a collab and I don't think so I'll find a better partner than Malhotra's. So, here is my proposal, I would like to be your major shareholder and would support your project giving my services as well as funds ".

What could have been better than this for Malhotra's? They were not only getting funds but also managerial assistance from such an able leader and business mind, moreover she was someone who they can trust enough that she won't back out. There were no chances of them refusing this offer.

As thought both of them agreed to it and it was decided that within this week an agreement will be made and at the end of the week all their board members will be informed about Nandini being the newest stakeholder. With this they moved towards their respective offices to continue with their work.
________________________________

It was one of the most difficult days for Nandini. She was so habitual of having Manik around that a day without him was unbearable. She just got a message from him in the morning stating that he has landed and from then onwards the network there will be in and out. Since that message there was no conversation between them.

Nandini saw the time. According to the clock it was 1:20 which meant it was just 24 hours since she last saw Manik but to her it seemed quite a longer time period. She twisted and turned on her bed but sleep was far way from her eyes, the reason being that her peace was away from her. She was missing his voice and his song therapy. The comfort which his voice used to give her was definitely equal to her amma's voice if not a notch above.

The silence of the night was broken by the ringing of her phone. She found it to be a video call from an unknown number. She was skeptical if she should accept it or decline but her gut feeling told her to take the call. She first adjusted the camera angel in a way that her face comes in darkness. She answered the call skeptically, and waited for the person to speak and come in front. When he did, her heart finally was at peace.

"Nandini I can't see you. Where are you? ", Manik said through the video call. Immediately switching on the lights, Nandini appeared in front of Manik. "Manik? ", she asked surprised. For the next few minutes there was silence from both the sides.

Nandini and Manik were treating their eyes with each others images. Nandini noticed Manik's reddish puffy eyes and understood he hasn't slept at all, "Manik you are shooting since you reached right? ", she asked. He didn't want to answer but just gave her a nod. "Go sleep or you'll fall sick", she said with all the care. "I will but not before talking to you else I won't be able to sleep", he gave a sheepish grin. She smiled at his silliness and slapped her forehead. "But why are you awake? I thought you would be asleep ", he questioned sweetly. "I was waiting for you", she replied boldly.

This girl was giving Manik heart attack after heart attack since they spend the evening together and he had no idea why? Whenever he tries to get the answer she makes that sweet mushy face and he could do nothing but awe. "Manik sing for me naa please, I'm missing your therapy ", she said in a flow. Manik fluttered his eyes, thinking if the person is Nandini or someone else in a mask. The reason behind this boldness was becoming a very irritating mystery for him. He wanted to ask her about it but, it was the first time that she has asked something and he couldn't deny it to her. For Nandini too it was an altogether new experience. She had someone who was going to be solely her. Someone who won't leave her. Someone who would do anything for her.

*Chan kitta guzari by Ayushman Khurana *

(P. S. The song is in Punjabi so I am giving a try at translating it)

Kajle To Zaada Kaale
Lagde Ne Ai Ujaale
Tere Bin Ove Mahiyaa
Thandiyaa Hawava Aaiyaan
Neendea Uda Lai Gaiyaan
Akh Na A Sove Mahiye

(Without you my dear, even the light seems darker than khol.
Cold winds come and take away sleep from my eyes and now they don't sleep at all)

The song that Manik choose was a Punjabi folk song which he heard from his Badimaa. He felt that it was the best to suit the situation.

Teri Yaad Ch Jagdi Rahi
Mai Tan Tariyaan De Sath Ve

Chan Kithaa Guzari A Raat Ve
Sachi Dasde Jo Hai Baat Ve
Chan Dilo Zara Mahsus Tan Kar
Mere Naina Di Barsat Ve

(I was awake with the stars, missing you.
Oh my moon[dear], tell me how did you spend your night?
Tell me everything truthfully. Feel the tears coming from my eyes by your heart )

True to the lyrics, Manik was awake with the stars, badly missing Nandini. On seeing Nandini awake too, same question arose in his mind which he vocalized beautifully.

Tutte Tariyaan To Mai Mangna Ha Ki Ve
Tera Naal Mera Lagna Hai Jee Ve
Tere Bin Mere Sah Nahi Chalne
Ik Tere Vich Meri Hai Zindagi Ve

Chann Bani Na Tu Pathraa Di Tarha
Kade Samjh Mere Jazbat Ve

(What am I supposed to ask from the falling star?
When my comfort resides in you.
Without you I cannot breathe, because in you my life resides.
Oh love! Please don't become stone hearted, try feeling my emotions sometimes)

Manik shifted his eyes to the starry sky of Manali. He was still in the darkness that Nandini is living with the stone heart, not understanding his emotions. His love. He pleads through his song to see through him and understand those unsaid emotions. Little did he know, what actually she is planning.

Tere Khyalan Di Tasveer Laike
Vekha Tere Raste Raha Utte Baike
Bhul Gaya Tuhi Vaade Tere
Awange Tu Cheti Cheti Gaya Si Ai Kaike

Chan Daraan Kite Ki Rah Na Jawe
Teri Parchaai Mere Hath Ve
Chan Kithaa......!

(I have your portrait in my thoughts. I still wait for you sitting by those paths on which you may pass. You have forgotten your promise of coming back early i think
Oh love! I am afraid that I may loose you and may have to spend my life with your illusions only
Oh my moon! How did you pass your night?)

Manik voiced his biggest fear. What if he looses her? What if she doesn't become his? There were too many 'what ifs' for Manik and no answer for them. He then realized that Nandini's end was silent. When he looked into the phone he saw Nandini peacefully sleeping while holding her phone and the call still active. She was sleeping without any worry, engulfed in the warm fuzzy blanket of feeling called love.

He awed at her cuteness . Had he not got a call from the director he would have kept on looking at her but he had to go. He bend to kiss the phone screen, grazing his hand at the seeping figure of Nandini, smiling a little at her and then cut the call.

___________________________________

Six days passed in the manner. They both would be busy the whole day. Manik with his shoot and Nandini with her business projects as well as the proposal for Manik. But at night, they would take out time and spend their entire night on video call with each other. Laughing, smiling, singing and what not.

The most awaited day was finally here. Manik was returning today. Nandini was all pumped up from the morning itself. She had called at least the workers atleast thrice every hour just to make sure everything was ready within the stipulated time. She had to leave for Malhotra Industries at 3. She would attend a brief meeting of the board of directors where she will be introduced as their new major shareholder. As Manik too was a board member, he was coming directly to Malhotra Industries to attend the meeting.

*Malhotra's office *

Nandini was there in the Malhotra office before time. Blame her nerves, she couldn't wait to meet Manik. She was behaving just like a child who couldn't wait to disclose her surprise. Well, she had this luxury only with Manik. She could be what she want with him. There was no place for pretence. She was sitting in front of the board room , doing some work or atleast trying to do some work on her mobile.

"Nandini!? ", she finally heard the voice she was dying to hear from so long. She looked up from her phone to see Her Man standing a few feet away from her, looking tired yet energized.

She got up from her place and took hurried steps towards Manik not considering anything that was coming in between her and him. Due this inconsiderate attitude, she bumped into someone. "Sorry sor...", she tried saying but her words collapsed mid way as she came face to face with the person she ran into. Her eyes widened and a feeling of shock took over her. Her heartbeat quickened, but this time for all the wrong reasons.

Sorryyy to leave you hanging but trust me it's worth it. 😁😁.

Soo, who is that person now? Will he/she be a speedbreaker for MaNan or will he/she be a catalyst?
Stay tuned

Next update after 85+ votes and 20+ comments.  ❤❤

So as I complete 50 chapters of my first book today almost 7 months from the day I started writing it I wanna thank all the people who were there with me in this journey. Here is a small show of gratitude to all . I may have missed a few names here and there sorry for that but I do realize your presence❤❤❤
hemasis16
supriyadutta
Ishijain10
Shivanichirag
SAANVI005
payalrajhans
salriz
thegirlinpinksocks
ShreyaBaid2
mananstarflies
mitthi06
Angel_v_96
Trishtrya
DeekshetaShetty
LekhyaKarri
deshna9633
forumlove
singhjanaki
AmrutaKulkarni
archu2399
jerryvani
purbamallick
kavishajoshi1616
pooh_gala
VijayshreeAcharya
shreyasmart
cutypie200
PragatiAgarwal9
Keni0203
TanviSharma3
kchahat02
anivijayanti
user058016927097
Dimple9512
HETAL321996
angelyushee27
HrushithaReddy
PratimaRajput
StarfliesM11
ihsaan28
AnkitaJain541
MaheKumar
Anusha996
partholic_09
prem_98
shiviiii_PS
user68400927
SurekhaNoronha
mariyambar43
shona1994
aishhhhh1
janetjoseph580
DBRSR1822
Shristi_95
user90601803
vaidehi_kr
singhaldisha
aayushi2_5
muskan8853
Aysha_zamn
FameenaFameena
dhatri22
chuttku
RechalPochampalli4
barra9898
NamrathaHari
khawab87
sd6324
sona_95
prakruti12
DishaMittal3
mehak1114
star_human
AshokPoudel
RumaisaMoiz
palak2508
kriti9
allshadesofblueee
nidhimahawar03
nidhichaudhari93
MinakshiGarg
A_Girl_Lost_In_World
vennela11
kumari_jyotshna
MANANprash
MeghaSarpotdar
SavithaPai
SophieNatalieJohnson
shreyasmart
mRash5
jaykrishnasamy
alfiyaashaikh
KamlaRewtie

There have been a few who have been there since the starting.

athiracaji you were my first follower and the first voters of my story❤. It's surprising for me that you are here, liking my story till today 😄

user80690480
NehaRana9
DikshaModi5
Ishitasinhakashyap
avneilmo
aj3349
siyapasss
Roshni66
Reading1985
1994hbp
hetavishah_2
Precilla
PoonamRana9
Sharmilaraparla
You all also were there from the start and are here till today. Thank you ❤

sivnapriya
SaadiyaKhanum
Sindhuja101
deepikabhopale
Appy1921
RuchiSingh846700
MounikaGottimukkala
abantor
The first few comments on my book were from you all. Thank you ❤

deepamehta27
sumani3456
A_Rath

Your comments made me feel like the characters made by me are for real and trust me no other feeling betters this feeling. Thank you ❤

darkangel142111
Devarshikaa
Gargi97
Your critical appreciation for my writing and plot pushed me to better myself. Thank you ❤

Ladyeirin
RashmikaMG
amaya_kashaf
Wanderlusttohell
You four are truly special to me. All our conversations captured the comment box and believe me I loved all of it. Every one of it was special. And co incidently it's been long since I have heard from all of you. Revert to me when you read this I am waiting eagerly 💓💓💓

I tried mentioning all those people who where there with me throughout the 50 chapters and hope that you all will be there when I probably write the 100😜. Loads of love to you alll from my sideee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 5.1K 24
ye baazii mohabbat kii baazii hai naadaa.n ise jiitnaa hai to haare chalaa jaa ~Sheri Bhopali A story that involves two completely different individu...
328K 15.4K 87
A story which deciphers brothers bond, love, careπŸ’•! To know peep into the story πŸ‘€πŸ‘€!!!
Secret Revenge By Sona

Mystery / Thriller

5.2K 318 12
Welcome aboard a journey that is full of thrills, chills, romance, and much more. Just a notice before you join the boat, enter at your own risk, thi...
331K 41.4K 80
It's a story between the neighbours who are poles apart...but..but...but..things gonna happen between them will definitely bring them closer...❀️ Are...