The Hamilton Girl

By DaniTGomes

A lost child of the Caribeean. This was all people knew about her. However, in the middle of a war for libe... More

Prologue
Chapter I- 1776, New York City
Chapter II -The story of tonight
Chapter IV - Perfect Aim
Chapter V - I am Yours
Chapter VI - Tea
Chapter VII - Washington
Chapter VIII - Nightmares
Chapter IX - The Letter
Chapter X - A new beginning
Chapter XI - Rise Up
Chapter XII - Happiness
Chapter XIII - The Battle of Brandywine
Chapter XIV - Letting go
Chapter XV - A Winter's ball
Chapter XVI - Satisfied
Chapter XVII - French Charms
Chapter XVIII - A hot night
Chapter XIX - The Battle of Monmouth
Chapter XX - The female Colonel
Chapter XXI - Count to ten
Chapter XXII - Épouse-moi
Chapter XXIII - Ever Yours
Chapter XXIV - The spy
Chapter XXV - Countdown
Chapter XXVI - At nightfall
Chapter XXVII - Back
Chapter XXVIII - The invincible Hamiltons
Chapter XXIX - History has its eyes on you
Chapter XXX - The Battle of Yorktown
Chapter XXXI - The World Turned Upside Down
Chapter XXXII - Home
Chapter XXXIII - Missing piece
Chapter XXXIV - The Wedding
Special Chapter: Louis
Chapter XXXV - Life changing
Chapter XXXVI - That would be enough
Chapter XXXVII - Stay Alive
Chapter XXXVIII- John
A//N: Second Book

Chapter III - Farmer Refuted

1.1K 27 4
By DaniTGomes

(...)

The following months unfolded in an up up beat lifestyle, something Louise had never experienced. Life in the Caribbean never changed, nothing really happened. But in New York, in a matter of second everything seemed to change and the wind would blow in another direction.

Since that night, she couldn't stop thinking about Laurens, holding her tightly in his arms, and how she felt by only looking at him. What could happen if she allowed herself to...

The truth is that in the past months, they hadn't had any other chance to be alone. Life was an adventure when the Independence was just around the corner. On that end of June, 1776, the liberty they all longed for was surely close. However, that meant that a war was developing all across the States, starting from Boston. She always imagined death so much it felt like a memory. Indeed, she could have died while a child, when her and her brother and mother got sick. But she survived. And if it was meant for her to die in the battle field, if that was her legacy... she would.

-Louise?- the voice of her brother interrupted her reflections.- Are you still studying?

- I am.- she lied.

Alexander came close and sat next to his sister, holding her hands.

-Your perseverance impresses me every time.- he smiled.- But... It's time for you to leave the house. See the action in the streets.

Louise smiled and nodded "yes" with her head, closing her books. Her brother was right. If she wanted to join the rebellion, she needed to experience it directly, and not just from the books she devoured.

-Go get dressed.- the older Hamilton said while leaving the room.- You are coming with the boys today!

A wide smile filled her face with joy, as she quickly went to her room to get dressed. When they moved with Laurens, he had some spare dresses from his sister at home, since she was living in South Carolina along with his family. He did as well order some more, despite Louise reluctance for being given such beautiful and expensive dresses.

She choose a light summer dress, that she had made herself, washed her face and tied her hair in a half up-do, not the most proper for her age, since woman should privilege having their hair up, especially when married, but that hairstyle suited her pale face, as some red threads would frame her face. She looked into the mirror one last time, and smiled. Her mother would be so proud to see such a beautiful woman.

As Louise went down the stairs, John and Alexander were impatiently waiting.

-Come on!- shouted Hamilton in a mocking way.- We are going downtown, not to the ball at Schuyler's palace!

- You wish we were going to the ball.

Her voice attracted the men eyes, and Laurens looked at that beautiful woman, even more when embellished with such beautiful dresses. But her face... the face of peace he always longed for was a trap for his eyes and desires, even more now that he saw it every day.

-Wow...- Laurens sighed.- You look so... I-I mean, you are... b-but you just..

Louise blushed as she gave him her hand, to help her down the stairs and lead her to her brother. As a single Lady, she should only appear in public accompanied by a male family member, or her fiancé, and it would be improper and cause rumors if she was publically escorted by John, even if her heart secretly desired it.

She took her brother's arm and the three were headed downtown. There they met up with Hercules and Lafayette. They greeted you formally, to disguise the real purpose of your walk downtown. First Hercules.

-Good morning, Miss Hamilton.- he said kissing her hand, as she tried not to laugh of his unusual formalities.- Such a lovely day to be outside in town.

-Indeed, good sir.- Louise replied, not containing a little laugh, when Hercules rolled his eyes.

- Bonjour, ma chérie Miss Hamilton.- Lafayette was next with his flirtatious French manners.- Im glad you blessed with your presence aujord'hui.

As he kissed her hand, a shiver went down from her arm to her whole body, with an unexpected and discreet caress as he let go of it. But not discreet enough to some ladies, who death glared Louise by getting the flirtatious Frenchman's attention, even though it was just a play.

The five of them walk alongside with each other. Laurens could not take his eyes off the young, revolutionary woman, as her eyes, matching the color of the sky that day, explored all the action in the streets waiting for the independence.

As they were crossing a square, the rebels in disguise heard someone shout to a crowd.

-Hear ye, hear ye my name is Samuel Seabury.- The man climbed into a step so he could be heard better.- And I present free thoughts on the proceedings of the continental congress.

They immediately stopped at a safe distant. Louise and Alexander looked at each other, and could read the other's mind "This is going to be fun".

-Heed not the rabble who scream revolution, they have not your interests at heart!- the fragile man began to read a sheet of paper on his hands.

- Oh my god, tear this dude apart!- Mulligan whispered to the young woman.

She winked, having already a plan in mind, and began walking across the crowd towards the man, while being followed by her brother. She placed herself in the front line, using her "female techniques" to catch his eye.

-Chaos and bloodshed are not a solution, don't let them lead you astray!- noticing the woman who attentively listened to him, he spoke, looking at her.- This congress does not speak for me

Seabury invited the Hamilton girl to climb into the step alongside him, and she was gladely going to accept, when an arm puched her a bit back.

-Let him be.

A non-risky Aaron Burr gave her an impatient look, but Louise let go off his grab and accepted Seabury's invitation. She smiled to him, and he nervously continued.

-They're playing a dangerous game. I pray the king shows you his mercy.- Louise was getting more and more close to him, and he started sweating and trembling.- For shame, for shame!

When they were only a few inches apart, and he was starting to read his pre-made speech, Louise started talking to the crowd.

-Yo he'd have you all unravel at the sound of screams but the Revolution is comin' the have-nots are gonna win this.- has he wouldn't shut up, she finished.- It's hard to listen to you with a straight face!

-Chaos and bloodshed already haunt us, honestly you shouldn't even talk.- Alexander had now joined them and got Louise's back while the crowd was speechless.- And what about Boston?
Look at the cost, n' all that we've lost n' you talk about congress?
-This Congress does not speak for me- Samuel tried to be heard.

-My dog speaks more eloquently.- Louise shouted right at him

-You're playing a dangerous game!- Seabury continued louder.

- But strangely, your mange is the same.- Alexander joined the mocking.

-I pray the king shows you his mercy!

-Is he in Jersey?- the crowd laughed with the young woman braveness.

- FOR SHAME!- shouted Seabury, irritated.

- For the Revolution!- the Hamiltons replied.

- For shame!

-For the Revolution!- now the crowd had joined them.

-Heed...- the man would repeat his speech once more.

If you repeat yourself again I'm gonna...- Louise stubbornness continued.

-Scream!

- Honestly, look at me, please don't read.- Hamilton took his sheet.

-Not your interest.- he angrily glared at Louise, that didn't step back

-Don't modulate the key then not debate with me!- looking at the crowd she declared.- Why should a tiny island across the sea regulate the price of tea?

- Alexander, please, control her.- Aaron screamed from the back, trying to drag them from there.

- Burr, I rather be divisive, than indecisive.- Alexander glared at him.- Drop the niceties.

- Hey there!

The unexpected appearance of British cops in the square installed the chaos, as the crowd tried to disperse. They were advancing towards the Hamiltons and Burr, but the movement of a mass of people offered them some time.

-Take her away from here, Alexander!- Aaron shouted while heading to them.- I will try to solve this!

Louise, however, was not the afraid woman she was on the night at the bar. She was ready to fight for her ideals, in spite of her gender, influence or age. As she tried to reach for Burr, another arm evolved her with a coat and dragged her.

-Louise, ne sois pas fou!

Lafayette picked her up before she had the change to fight him, and the five man ran through the streets of New York. As they passed through small alleys, and less crowded street, heading to John's house, Louise tried to claim her independence again.

-Lafayette!- she screamed while the man was running.- I can run myself!

- Not with those vêtements de fantaisie !

The French man laughed, as the small sulk woman trapped in a tall man's arms tried to fight for her independence. He couldn't help himself to find that stubbornness of hers very cute. Soon, they all reached Lauren's residence, and locked themselves inside, recovering from the run.

-Have... you gone... mad.... Louise!?- Laurens was lying on the floor still trying to catch his breath.

- I am not defenseless!- the young woman refuted, getting up.

- They could have caught you!- Laurens shouted and pointed at Alexander.- And you... Why did you join her, being fully aware it was dangerous for her?!

- I am sure I know my sister way better than you do, Laurens!- Hamilton shouted back.

- Jesus, it was dangerous but that doesn't mean she was not right! If you think so Laurens, you should have stopped her. - Lafayette got up, and walked towards the two other men.

The chaos was installed in the living room, as the four men discussed the situation, blaming it on each other. Actually they were reminding her of how "fragile" she was supposed to be, how a woman had to resign to her own mind and couldn't fight out loud for her own legacy. How women's behaviors were meant to be discussed by men.

And soon as her mind proceeded to over think, anger tears streamed down her face. Her decisions and actions belonged only to her, and only she would discuss them. And that simple move agaisnt Seabury was the beginning of her own revolution. That moment she was sure: She would not resign to her house. She would fight alongside them.

But at that moment, she needed to be alone with her thoughts. So she ran away and locked herself in the library, among the books: the knowledge she needed.

The living room silenced up, as the men looked at each other confused, and soon realized what they were doing. They were treating her as an object. As a ball that ran away, with the kids turning the faults to each other.

(...)

-Louise, I beg you...

Alexander had been standing on the other side of the door for about an hour, trying to persuade Louise to come out of the room. Laurens, Lafayette, and even Mulligan, had failed previously at this task, and the older Hamilton was hoping that his beloved sister would allow him to come in the room.

-Just allow me to give you something to eat...

She had been barricaded in the library for about a day, without anything to eat. But her hunger was being full field: her hunger for knowledge. Her time there was spent reading historical, philosophical and law books, that she always craved and where denied to her due to her sex.

The only thing that caught her attention was a knock on the door. She posed her book, and a nervous feeling invaded her for the first time since the incident. What if it were British cops, waiting to escort her to prison? Or worse... escort any of the men downstairs?

She felt Alexander get up from the floor, and go downstairs. The young woman tied her hair into a ponytail, and grabbed a cardigan that would hide the mess her dress was. After that, Louise quietly opened the door, and walked towards the staircase, trying to understand who had knocked at the door, while fighting her tremble hands.

A sense of calm invaded her, as she heard a single, familiar voice coming from the living room

.- Me and my colleagues were able to free her from any charges.- Aaron Burr explained, as she was ready to enter the room.- Without the George Washington's influence, however, it would have been impossible. She was limited to paying a fee, for moral damage and alliance with the revolution.

- That I shall pay from my own pockets. Louise finally revealed herself to the five men conferring in the living room.

She was a lot paler from the lack of food and sleep, but she still light up the room as soon as she entered, catching everyone's eyes. She looked at Laurens, who looked, just like her, deprived from sleep.

- Louise...- he whispered.

-Louise.- her brother soon embraced her strongly.- I am so sorry!

- Burr about the fee...- she overheard Lafayette's conversation with Aaron Burr.- I will cover it fully.

She quickly unraveled from Alexander's hug and responded

.-And I will not accept it. The error was mine!

-Actually...- Burr stopped an imminent fight.- George Washington has already paid it. Louise, you own this man your life. Lafayette, Mulligan, it is safe now to return to your houses.

While Alexander thanked and escorted Aaron Burr to the door, Mulligan and Lafayette said their goodbyes to the young woman.

- To be honest...- Hercules whispered.- You totally tore that dude apart!

Louise smiled to him. It was true that they did not have a really close relationship, but she had to acknowledge, Mulligan was the one that never saw her as "weak".

- Try to keep yourself from problems, petite dame rebelled!- Lafayette laughed.

He kissed and caressed her hand like earlier, resulting on the same shivers, as she opened her smile even more, looking at that Frenchman.

They left and she was left alone with Laurens. His tired eyes gained shine as soon they saw the sea blue eyes, constantly on his mind. He walked towards the young woman and marveled when she didn't back off, which he expected was her first movement.

-Louise...- he whispered, as his irrational self led him to place his hand on the pale face in front of him and kiss her forehead.

- Not now, please...

She took his hand slowly off her face. Her eyes were not angry, or confused from his spontaneous gesture. They showed how hurt she had been by Laurens, the man who always praised equality, act the way he did, seeing as a "fragile maiden".

She left the room, leaving behind Laurens, trapped in a million thoughts.

(...)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 15.6K 20
Where a girl notices that that the bad boy never eats in school so she decides to bring him lunch every day. Start: 26.07.19 Finished: 16.08.19 TOP R...
454K 9.7K 26
"You're a princess! He's a villain! You would make your father ashamed of you for loving something off the isle of the lost" A/N I was watching de...
33.4K 801 15
I do not own Hocus Pocus! ( oc × thackery ) #9 in binx 《Started 12th Nov 2022》 《Finished 27th Jan 2023》 《Last Edited 27th Jan 2023》
387K 6.2K 34
"And this is my twin sister, Brielle." Brielle is Prince Ben's twin sister and the Princess of Auradon. She is confident, attentive, clever, and cu...