Bad [Harry Potter Fanfiction]...

By Emmalee_Sky

[Completed] (Fanfiction / Romance) Who's Bad? I'm Bad. * Five years ago, the Second War ended in the Wizardin... More

Bad
1 | A new case
2 | The Leaky Cauldron
3 | An answer to her prayers
4 | A break with friends
5 | New client
6 | Plagued by what ifs
7 | Pieces fall into place
8 | Today was the day
9 | Polyjuice Potion
10 | Not the Ministry
11 | A priceless token
12 | Perfect Opportunity
13 | Anticipation
14 | Display of magic
15 | Fyrefox
16 | Do you understand?
17 | Whiplash
18 | The oddest feeling
19 | Another shot
20 | Parkinson Manor
21 | A few things to say.
22 | Priority
23 | Something has changed.
Timing is everything.
25 | Dinner
26 | This was business.
27 | Cut out the competition
28 | We need a plan.
29 | Monkey Suit
30 | Promise me.
31 | Ready
32 | The Ball
33 | No man
34 | So much for exciting.
35 | The future together
36 | Handled
37 | Lure
38 | One option
39 | Aren't you forgetting something?
40 | Home
Epilogue | The future
Epilogue | It's time.
BAD Series
All in BAD Company
A Few BAD Men

24 | Letters

1.4K 44 2
By Emmalee_Sky

Harry walked into his office and hung his cloak up. After a quick look at his watch, he slid behind his desk. A soft smile grew on his lips. He needed to make a stop at the store for supplies tonight. His smile widened.

Merlin, he couldn't wait to see her again.

A letter caught his attention on his desk. An eyebrow rose. His name was written on the front in handwriting he recognized.

Teddy! He tore it open. Andromeda had written it for the boy. A short, to-the-point letter. He was just saying hi. Harry needed to see him. Missed spending time with him. He ran his fingers over the letter and leaned back in his chair. Once things quieted down with Fyrefox, they'd get together. Maybe he'd take him on a short trip. They hadn't taken a weekend trip in awhile.

Laying the letter back on the desk, dinner slipped into his mind again. He still wasn't sure what to make. He tapped his fingers over the letter. Shepherd's Pie was her favorite if he remembered correctly. His thumb tapped on Teddy's name, written by the boy himself, at the bottom of the parchment.

He tapped it again.

The letters! He sat up straight. He'd forgotten about all the letters. He opened the top drawer and pulled out the two letters he had from Fyrefox. The first they'd received in the beginning, when he was first given the case, and the one left at Ron and Hermione's after the Alliance Ball.

He ran his fingers over the two letters.

Both of them were from Fyrefox. One confirmed, at least. He tapped the one left at Ron and Hermione's. That was Ginny. He knew it. No distinguishable proof, but it was her alright.

But this one? He picked up the first one: 'You're next. Fyrefox.' This one didn't feel right. He tapped his fingers against the words. Why? Why did it feel off? Ginny hasn't said anything about either letter, but why did this one feel wrong?

He didn't know why he felt that way. Sighing, he rolled up the letters and put them back in his desk. Once the drawer was closed, he frowned then ran his hands over his face, his glasses sliding up then falling back into place.

This whole Fyrefox-Ginny thing was going to drive him crazy. He was completely aiding and abetting a criminal. He should've brought Ginny in right away, but he couldn't help it. He was losing his mind.

He softly slapped his cheeks. Merlin, what the hell was he going to do? The right thing would be to turn Ginny in and help her as best as he could. Maybe he could make a deal? Maybe if he got the Golden Unicorn Horn back, it could help her case? Lessen her sentence.

Was that what he was going to do? Turn her in? He groaned, leaning back in his chair and running his fingers through his hair.

A knock on the door drew his attention. Ron stuck his head in. "Didn't know you were in yet."

Harry straightened. "Just got in." He pursed his lips. "What's going on?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

Harry's heart skipped a beat. Was it about Ginny? What did he know? Fyrefox? His hands clenched into fists. Sweet Merl-

"Have you seen Sharp this morning?" Ron asked instead.

He blinked. "What?" Sharp? "No. Not yet." He straightened. "Why?"

Ron looked out of the office then came in completely. He closed the door behind him. "I just spotted Sharp and Jack." He ran his hands together. "Something's up."

Harry's eyebrows rose. "Ron..." It wasn't any of their business what was going on between Sharp and Jack.

"No, not that." Ron rolled his eyes then stopped, frowning. "Well, maybe. I don't know. Sharp pretty much ran out of here the second they got out in. Said something about his informants and was gone." He sat down in the chair in front of Harry's desk. "Were you looking for more information about Fyrefox?"

"No." He folded his hands then closed them into fists. "I mean, I could always use information about Fyrefox." He pursed his lips. Shite. Sharp was headed to Knockturn Alley. Maybe there was something there. What if someone had information about Ginny?

His heart clenched. Bloody hell. He swallowed his fear and checked his watch again. There was more than enough time before he had to go shopping. Maybe he'd make a short trip. Setting his jaw, he got to his feet.

Ron's eyebrows rose. "Where're you going?"

"I- I've got some things to do for Robards," he told him.

"Right now?" Ron started to get to his feet.

Harry waved his away. "Yeah, it's fine." He grabbed his cloak and was out the door before Ron could say anything.

*               *               *

Vander leaned back against the wall outside Borgin and Burkes, the Daily Prophet in his hands. Unbelievable. He was exhausted. Lots of activity around these parts lately. Those Ministry monkeys were practically crawling through the streets, looking for something- or someone.

Fyrefox? Maybe Ms. Elizabeth was involved? Merlin, he hoped she got away. Sighing, he shook his head.

He held the Daily Prophet open. He turned the page, pausing as something flashed in the corner. It was a continuation of the article on the front page. The Ministry theft.

He exhaled and turned the page. The edge caught in a folded piece and tore. "Bloody hell," he muttered. Then turned the page slower. The article continued. Vander fake-gagged and shook his head again. All this because of some little theft. Fyrefox really outdid himself, even though the article never said a damn word about the thief. Just '- persons unknown left the Alliance Ball with the Golden Unicorn Horn, a true offering that deepens the alliance between the two governments.' and even a '- the authorities are currently investigating different avenues.'

That made him snort.

They really got no idea what's going on. He grinned. That Fyrefox's one wicked thief. Scratching his chin, he looked up at the sky. Fyrefox. Was it possible that Ms. Elizabeth was Fyrefox? That witch was trouble. Always gotta be in the thick of things. She had that look about her. But if she was Fyrefox... he rubbed his chin.

"Excuse me?"

Vander's head shot up then he jumped to his feet.

Harry Bloody Potter!

"Sorry- Gotta meeting to get to." Vander turned and started to get away.

"Hold on," Potter said, jogging to his side. "I just have a few questions." He looked over her shoulder and frowned. "You're the only one around."

He should've stayed home today! If anyone saw him chatting with Harry Potter, he was a dead man. Merlin. He ran his hands over his face and shook his head. "Don't got anything to say to you, man."

Potter held up his hands then his two index fingers. "Let's step out of this passageway." He took a step back and nodded towards a dark alleyway. "C'mon."

Vander looked around and wiped his hands down his trousers. Sliding his hands into his pockets, he grabbed his wand. He watched Potter step back into the alleyway. He should run, fast. Apparate. Do something, anything.

Potter would catch him, of course, or find him.

He pursed his lips. With a sigh, he exhaled and followed the Auror into the shadows.

There was only silence and Vander wondered if Potter would ever speak. Here was the Man, the head of Ministry bastards, no matter what everyone said. When he knew you, if you were part of the dark, those corrupt monkeys knew you. The Ministry would know him know.

Vander was a dead man. Bloody hell.

"Do you know the name Fyrefox?"

Thank Merlin the shadows hid his flinch. He gulped. "Never heard it."

Potter sighed. "Let's try this another way. If you give me what you know about Fyrefox, I won't mention anything about our meeting with the Ministry and just go away with the information."

Vander licked his lips. "Yeah right."

"How about a little compensation then?"

He stared at Potter's silhouette in the dark and loosened his grip on his wand. "How much are we talking?"

"What do you know?"

"Money first, Potter," he said, rubbing his hands together. "Only then."

Potter snorted. "Money," he muttered softly, Vander almost missed it. He cleared his throat. "Here." He handed over a bag.

The coins hitting each other brought a smile to his face. He squeezed it a few times to hear them. He looked into the bag, a whole lotta gold galleons. "Fyrefox is a thief."

There was a pause. "Tell me something I don't already know."

"Fyrefox stole something important." He juggled the bag again and smiled.

Potter snorted again. "Seriously."

"Fyrefox is looking for something." He slipped the bag into his pocket. More money never hurt, it don't matter where it comes from.

"Well then," Potter started. "You don't know anything about Fyrefox, do you?"

Vander's eyebrows rose.

"Never mind. Go ahead and continue to do whatever you were doing before." Potter shrugged and moved around Vander to the light of passageway. "If you find anything that'll be useful, owl me," and then he turned and disappeared.

Vander watched him go. That was it? A bag of coins and a few questions? No real answers. Potter really wasn't as smart as people said he was, or dangerous. Merlin, never meet the fancy gits, they're real disappointing, honestly.

*

Sorry for the late update! Well, here we go! The two letters and even TEDDY! Teddy. I love the guy but so much of him is off-screen :'( I want more Teddy! And God, I love writing Vander. He's so fun! Anyway, as always, thank you so much for your love and support and patience! It means so much to me <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 589 10
Harry took her hand in his own and intertwined their fingers, ignoring the strange feeling within himself. Her hands.. were soft. Instead he said, "T...
317K 12.2K 38
An 8th year Drarry fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, but Draco doesn't need words to understand him. After spending the summer together and beg...
94.6K 2.1K 48
โLoving your enemy is not easy. Some accept it, while some are hellbent on destroying.โž Students returned back to Hogwarts to complete their final ye...
195 11 11
"Thank you." Hermione responded. "Your hair smells of a floral bouquet." Draco was taking a deep breath of her hair with his eyes closed. She didn't...