My Kind Of Perfection(EDITING)

By hein_girl

Kasei Asugh had the perfect life, set to be the next big name in ballet until everything pirouette's off her... More

MY KIND OF PERFECTION-welcome!
1. Perfection is key
2. My Crazy Best Friend
3. Job Searching
4. Hired Pt1
5. Hired Pt2
6. No Longer a Newbie
7. Going to the barre
8. Family Dinner
9. You're always working
10. Going to be a Problem
11. Jake's POV
12. I'm Stealing This
13. I'm Moving Out
14. The Gym
15. Gym//Jake's POV
16. First Time For Everything
17. Pizza Hut-Jake POV
18. My Hero
19. All these boxes
20. Intense Game of Hide and Seek
21. House Party
22. Let's Go Clubbing-Dakota POV
23. Jake's Girl
24. Date With Jake
25. Genius-Dakota POV
26. Phone Call
27. Mushy Heart
28. Who Knew Shopping Was This Fun
29. Supper With Em
30. Talk It Out
31. Girl Time
32. Or Eat Me?
33. Only You
34. Happier(DPOV)
35. Why Do I Associate With Y'all?
36.Parent Introductions
37. The Harsh Truth
38. Answers
39. California
↓↓ Exciting news y'all read this ↓↓
40. Room Service
41. Talk with the Scott's
42. Audition Realization
43. Unexpected Visitor-DPOV
44. Quick Visit
45. Finally Home
47. Why Else?
48. Business Dinner
49. The Race
50. The sober, smart one
51. M.I.A
52. You need help
53. How's He Doing?
54. Don't Mess With The Redhead
55. Make a difference
56. Trouble
57. Busy, busy
58. Finally
59. How It's Supposed To Go
60. Breaking Ground
61. Chicago
62. Girls Night Out
63. Meeting Her
64. Walk Through
65. Dysfunctional
66. Cloud Nine
67. My Kind Of Perfection

46. Dress Shopping

862 29 8
By hein_girl

hi  yall. been a while  i know i'm sorry. 

happy 2020!

my  resolution is to write more :)

here:

______________________________

"What do you think about this one?" Dakota jokingly holds it up against her frame.

I snort and run my hand down the dress critically. "Love it, but this is a cocktail dress, Kota. This is a formal occasion."

"Ugh. So no short dresses?"

"Yeah pretty much." I turn to the next rack, and flip through the dresses. "You could honestly just wear one of the dresses you already have, hey?"

She makes a noise and shrugs. "You heard how excited my Mom was. She reinstated my credit card within the same hour.  I don't want to go back to that house anytime soon, anyway." She takes another dress off the rack. 

"Fair enough." I agree. 

"Avery!" She calls to the sales woman.

"Yeah?" Avery materializes beside us. "What can I do for you two?"

"This one can go in my fitting room, and which section has the floor length dinner gowns? But the super fancy ones. You guys rearranged this store again and I can't find anything."

Avery laughs. "Marsha really gotta stop messing things up." She leads us to the other room before nodding to the far shelf. "Mom's paying for this one again?"

"We aren't exactly on speaking terms,  she said she was cutting me off." I hold up my Starbucks cup. "My card is still working so far."

She laughs. "Nice."

"Doesn't matter, her boyfriend is paying for hers." Dakota points out.

"BUT I'd rather go cheaper." I laugh with an eye roll.

"Okay then."

"I was cut off too." Dakota laughs. "We're both disappointments. But one word about a party and now my credit card works again. But you know how it goes. They want me to be their perfect preppy little dinner party daughter." She snorts. "Not ever gonna happen again, but might as well make use of it now." 

"Well if daddy's still paying, then I'm thinking I know how to help you."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. On the back wall is a bunch that we JUST got in, like yesterday. I guarantee you will be the first one to buy."

"Okayyy." Dakota drags out the word. "I can vibe with that." She laughs with Avery as if they're old friends. We pretty much are though, considering how many red-carpet events and fancy dinners we've been to, 'Alexandras' has been our go to formal wear shop for years. Avery is our number one for knowing what makes us look the greatest.

"Ooh all these are so pretty." Dakota whistles. I walk over and check the price.

"Oh wow. Obviously." I laugh.

Avery raises her eyebrows at me, and nudges Dakota. "What happened to her?"

They both laugh and I roll my eyes. "She got her own job and actually paid her own bills." Dakota snorts.

"Well." Avery bumps shoulders with me. "Welcome to the real world, princess."

"Oh shut up, and find me a cheap dress." I sass back. 

They both laugh at me as she searches through the racks of dresses. "Sparkly?"

"I prefer to not be itchy all night." I snort.

"Okay then." She rolls her eyes. "Are you gonna go with your typical colors? Champagnes, whites, silvers, blacks?"

"That is what I always do isn't it? Why do I always go so neutral?"

"It's what your mom always wanted. Looks good with the red/brown hair. You know, your dyed look."

"Yeah, ugh. That's kinda sad that it's all anyone actually knows me for. Like the other day I was at an audition and the lady kept telling me she thought she recognized me but she wasn't sure, until she knew my last name I wasn't worth shit to them."

She gives me a sympathetic look as I blink back tears. "Ugh. Whatever. I'm glad that I don't need that stupid temporary dye anymore. This is who I am now." I sigh, looking at a lock of my hair.

"Well it looks great."

"Thanks, Avery. SO. What are you thinking would look the best on me now? The new me." I laugh, striking a pose dramatically.

She snorts. "Haven't changed your sense of humor. I'm thinking darker colors, maroons, purples, blues and greens?"

"Yeah okay. That won't make me look washed out?"

"No. You're pretty tan and your red hair will pop with a darker color. If you just keep to the neutrals you'll match with the drapes." She laughs

"Thanks." I snort sarcastically, sorting through the rack and pulling a couple out every time I see one that I like.

"Do you wanna start trying these on?" Avery asks as she takes them from me.

"Yeah. Let's go!" Dakota hands her a bunch of dresses too, and we walk to the dressing rooms.

"Okay I'm gonna wait out here for you." Dakota slaps my ass as I walk into the dressing room. this girl. 

"Oh my gosh. They're all so pretty how can I decide?" I huff.

"Just pick one and go from there."

I laugh and grab a sparkly red dress from off the hanger and pull it on. "I feel like this looks like a prom dress." I call over the door.

"Show me!" Dakota yells.

"Ugh." I step out, grabbing at the poufy fabric so that I don't trip, and I look in the three way mirror. "I mean, it's gorgeous. I'm not a fan of a high neck, but it's not bad."

"Yeah. It's super pretty like DANG look at my best friend."

"But...I dunno if the red looks good with my hair, and I've never been to one of these things so I don't know HOW black tie they mean, so like I feel like there's too much tulle."

"Yeah. I mean, you're a ballerina so you're used to poufy tutus though."

I frown at her. "First, poufy tutus is a stereotype and I don't like that, SECOND it's not that poufy."

"NEXXXT!" She announces dramatically.

I snort and scoop up my skirt as I head back to the change room. "What color next? Blue, black, or purple?"

"Purple."

I pull on the slinky purple dress. "Wow." I walk out.

"WOWWW."

"It's so tight." I laugh as Avery finishes zipping me up.

"Yeah, but you look like a BABE." Laughs Dakota. "I think Jake would have momentary heart failure if he saw you in this dress."

"I don't want that!" I laugh.

"Girl I wish I was a dancer. You're so freaking hot."

"Yeah but this sparkly thing on my shoulder is kinda itchy." I point out the massive silver flower.

"They could probably remove that."

"Yes. We can alter that off." Avery materializes beside me, agreeing with Dakota as she puts the red dress back on the hanger.

"I'm not sure about this one. I'm gonna try on another one or two."

"How many more dresses do you have in there?" Dakota asks.

"Like four or five more...they're all shades of blue and purple."

"Well that's fine try on your favorite one next."

"Okay, okay." I go back in the dressing room and look at each dress. "This one screams out to me but it's like... $1500." I call.

"And?"

"And that's over my budget."

"Babe. Your man is the owner of a freaking company. He gave you his card. He can afford it, trust me."

"But..." I hold the glittery fabric in my hand and bite my lip.

"You know he wouldn't give it if he didn't want you spending. JT is a good guy, he just wants you to be happy." She argues, closer to the door now. "If you feel like that's the one you want the most, try it on and THEN make a decision. We have the whole day off work. No rush."

"Fine." I sigh, carefully stepping into the dress.

I feel my jaw drop as I finish zipping it up and look into the mirror. "Woah." I breathe.

"WOAH WHAT? SHOW ME!" Dakota demands from the other side of the door.

I smooth my hand down the stretchy fabric, admiring the way it slightly sparkles when I move. "I'm coming."

I open the door slowly and step out, smiling as I see her jaw drop.

"Oh wow, Kase. Wow. Okay so you know the other tight dress and how I said that it would give JT a momentary heart failure? Yeah this one will straight up kill him." She gapes. always the supportive bestie. 

I snicker. "Thanks babe, but I want him to kinda stay alive..." I look back to the mirror and stare at the dress. It's a royal blue, it dips down deep in the front and hugs all my curves, flaring out in a trumpet style after my hips. I turn around and admire the deep low back.

Dakota lets out a whistle and demands that I spin in a slow circle. I laugh at her and so as she asks, agreeing that I look really good.

"It kinda sparkles in the light." Dakota gasps.

"I know." I run my hand down the perfectly fitting dress. "This is the one."

"REALLY?" She squeaks.

"Yes, really." I twist around to check the price tag again. "But like...$1500?" I whistle.

"SO?"

"So maybe this isn't THE dress." I sigh.

"Yes. Yes it is." She snorts, and walks towards me.

"But like, after I eat dinner I'll get all chubby and then it won't look good on me."

"That's bullshit."

"Girl. This is way too much to spend on a dress for one evening."

"You come from millionaire blood. What are you saying?" She laughs.

"I'm SAYING that now I'm not a millionaire, and when you think about it, $1500 is a lot to pay for a dress for one time wear."

Dakota sighs and grabs my hands. "Kase. Look at yourself. You look phenomenal."

"Thank you." I smile. "I do look pretty nice, yeah."

"And you're gonna HAVE to get a dress, so we can sit here all day trying on dresses that you don't like, or you can get back in there, take that dress off and pay for it with that thin black card."

"I don't wanna take it off." I laugh.

"Well. You need to, because I wanna try on dresses now." She laughs. "Give me my time to shine. You get to stun everyone with your gorgeousness in a few days."

I laugh and agree, going back in the room and changing quickly before I hand Avery my dress and Jake's card. "Okay. Let's see these dresses!" I take her seat as she heads into the dressing room.

"Ummm, no." She immediately says.

"Show me."

"No. it's not good I'm not gonna show you until I like it."

"Fine." I huff. "Be that way."

A few minutes of shuffling skirts passes by, and I lean back on this luxurious chair and sip my wine. 

'found my dress!'  I text Jake. 

'you're beautiful.' 

'i didn't send a picture.' I blush as I type. 

'i know what you look like, and you're beautiful. Use my card and grab you two something to eat after. busy with meetings til 5, love ya ttyl'  Is the next thing he sends. 

'im spoiled by you <3 love ya too & good luck!'

"What're you blushing at?" Dakota's out of her room now, staring at me with an amused look. 

"Oh wow." I stand up. "Forget the boy for a second, look at my best frannnnd!" 

"I like this one." She spins.

 I step closer to get a better look. "It's different from what you used to wear...wild, colorful, and tight."

"Yeah...I know but maybe it's nice to not dress like my old dinner party self." She shrugs. "I never really loved the dresses my Mom picked, anyway." 

"I get that. God knows I say one thing and Mother picks the opposite." I step back again, staring at it critically. "I don't think I dislike anything about this dress." 

The flowy champagne garment drapes over her body, accentuating her curves and her height.  Tulle spills out after her waist, falling in the A-line style down to the floor. It has same whispy fabric as off the shoulder sleeves, and the lace on top compliments the color without blending in as the flowers almost come to life. The dress looks incredible against her tanned complexion, and long dark hair.

"Yeah I love it. I'd keep your hair partially down too."

"Yeah I think so too. So is this the one?"

"I mean you're hot as hell in whatever you wear, and if you had a man he'd be on his knees from this dress." I laugh, expecting her to do the same. When she doesn't, I frown at her. "Ok what's up?"

"Huh? I don't know what you mean...."

"You usually laugh at my jokes about men and say: 'Kasei I just got rid of one loser why would I need another?' but you didn't this time, which means either something is wrong or you're keeping something from me."

She sighs nervously. "So, umm...you know how you've said don't go for a biker?"

"Dakota." I sigh. "Babe you deserve 100x better than any of them. I love them all, yes, but I love you more."

"It's Blade." She blurts.

"Huh? What's Blade?" I try to fight the smile. 

"The guy I'm 'going for' as you put it." She uses air quotations.

"Like our Blade? Blade McKinnon?" knew it. 

"I didn't know that was his last name but yeah. Him."

"Well, I thought you hated him."

"Well um...I do." Dakota looks down at her dress. "Except our date didn't actually go that bad.." 

I smirk. "Is that so?" 

"Well you were going through a lot of shit after your mom's dinner and you kinda just left..." She drifts off. 

"So you just didn't wanna tell me?" Guilt coats my tone. 

"It's not a big deal, I wouldn't've told you anyway but when you were gone and I was losing my mind...i dunno. Things happened." 

I sit up straight. "What do you mean?" 

"We've been talking more then when he came over the other week we...kinda kissed?" she mumbles.

"WHAT?" I gasp. "How did I not hear about this til now?" My shock morphs into a grin at her blush. "What base?"

She gasps. "What? Kasei I am NOT answering that."

"I like how nervous he makes you, it's quite amusing compared to the typical cocky prick you are." I wink.

"I prefer the term: 'confident' actually." She smirks.

"What base?" I ask again.

"Only second base...but it would have gone farther if we weren't interrupted." She mumbles with a blush, looking down.

"AHHHHH I'm so excited for you!" I squeal.

Avery comes over at the sound. "Is this the dress? Wow. Exciting times indeed."

Not what I was excited about but whatever.

"Yeah I'm gonna go to take it off and pay." Dakota jumps up.

"Hey Kota?" I call as she's about to leave.

"Hmm?"

"I'm real happy for you two." I grin.

She smiles. "It's not anything yet, but I mean...I'll look hot as fuck at this dinner and then you never know." 

"Yeah, definitely. Also I'm happy that I'm right." I laugh.

She rolls her eyes and closes the change room door.

"I'm basically a matchmaker." I say.

She snorts and mutters "lame" under her breath but I think we all know she's smiling.

Good for her.

_________________________________________________________-

Soo yeah they got their dresses! The main girls' (Kasei, Dakota and Keila) dresses will be posted in the next chapter, the actual dinner chapter.

---

Do you wanna know what happening between Dakota and Blade? Following the completion of this book, I'm posting BOOK NUMBER TWO of the 'Perfection' series, labelled:

Perfectly Flawed

It is Dakota's story!! Yes I'm suuper excited about it, but I'm more excited to share this with you all! I know you guys will love her story as much as I've loved writing it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.4K 2.1K 65
Jane Grayson is a very talented and beautiful ballerina, she won many awards worldwide but finally decided to settle down and have a normal highschoo...
789K 15.1K 26
They had known each other forever, she was his younger sister's best friend, hell he had viewed her as another little sister. He was the bad boy, the...
26.6K 745 40
Jace Kingston is president of a notorious outlaw MC, the Furious Basterds, and a single father with three little girls to raise by himself. Addy is a...
2M 78.5K 47
Harley has spent the last few years running from her past. She has finally settled down in a small town. Life wasn't perfect but it was the best s...