Bad Boy Brady

By Bookworm_Tina

"I don't trust you." Amelia said in all honesty. "Smart girl." Brady said. Amelia took a step closer. "But... More

An Arrogant Stranger
The Bad Boys Territory
Rich Girl Schemes
Summer Party Gone South
Little Thing Called Guilt
The Bad Boys Warning
Sleepover at The Rylands'
A First Apology
Information Extortion
Daddy Issues
Friends?
Bad Boys Need Advice Too
The First Date
Uptown Girl Apology
A little Chivalry
A Kid Named Lukas
Tip into the Bad Boys Past
Brady the Bully
Seperated
Making Amends
Waltzing His Way into Her Heart
Leaving Each Comfort Zone
Small Sibling Spat
Meeting The Stantons
Driving Lesson
A Peek into the Past
Sparking Old Memories
Patronizing Pam
Her White Bread World
The Bad Boys Motive
Tending Fresh Wounds
Brady's Haunting Past
Kiss and Make Up
It's Holiday Season
The Interns
Interns at Work
Confronting Pam
Lily Letting Loose
A Turn for the Worst
Bad At Goodbyes
B for Broken
Crossed Limits
Brady in Trouble
Dad's Dirty Secrets
May Justice Be Served
We All Hurt A Little Sometimes
I Miss You
Bumping Into The Past
Destination: Forever
Epilogue

Mia on a Mission

1.1K 55 11
By Bookworm_Tina

A week passed since the holidays were over and Amelia's parents were back in town and back home after almost two weeks abroad. Amelia sat at the dining table with her parents during lunch lost in her own thoughts, playing with the food on her plate.

"Amelia dear, is something the matter?" Her mother asked.

Amelia blinked away her reverie and shook her head. "No, all good."

"It's just you haven't spoken much since we arrived back and you're playing with your food instead of eating.." Her mother said eyeing her sceptically.

Amelia sighed. "I'm just thinking, that's it."

"Penny for your thoughts?" Her father asked as he took a bite from his fork.

Amelia was lost in her thoughts about Brady and how magical the last couple of weeks with him had been, she was missing him and not just him but his aunts cooking as well. She seen him the previous day but it felt like forever since she seen his face.

"The staff tell me you were barely home these holidays, where were you spending all your time?" Her mother asked.

"I told you mom, I was with Brady and his family." Amelia answered casually.

Chantel pulled her face at the mention of Brady's name not hiding her dislike towards the man her daughter was seeing.

Amelia noticed but chose to ignore it and take a bite from her healthy, slightly bland food.

"I take it his mother has been cooking for you too? The pounds you've gained prove that you haven't been eating healthy." Chantel causally remarked.

Amelia sighed, she was used to her mother always judging her and judging her weight and her appearance.

"Brady doesn't have a mom, he lives with his aunt and his sister. You'd know this if you actually took interest in my life and found out more about the man I'm seeing." Amelia said coolly.

"If I see you having a future with him I'd take an interest." Chantel said bitterly.

Amelia was growing annoyed. "For your kind information mother, I care very deeply for him."

Her mother scoffed. "The very same way you cared for Jeffery your parrot and Pugsly your dog. The staff had to tend to them after the excitement of having a pet died down. It was just a phase and I'm being quiet with Brady as well thinking it to be entertaining another phase of yours."

Amelia dropped her fork harshly onto her plate and stood up.

"I will not have you disrespect my relationship in that way mother, I'm not longer a littler girl whom you can control. And for your kind information I happen to feel very comfortable and like the way my body is so I'll appreciate if you stop taking a pick at me every-time I gain a pound or two, I'm human not a robot that can be perfect. Besides you don't see me counting every little grey hair I see on your head or point out any new eye wrinkles do you?"

"Do not forget who you're talking to young lady! I am your mother and whatever I do or say is for your best interest! I am a good judge of character and I can tell he's no good for you, you're already fighting your own blood for him. When last have you spent time with your father? All you ever do is spend time with that ruffian!" Chantel said with her voice raising.

Amelia humourlessly laughed. "Good judge of character? Mom I'd look closer to home if I were you when it comes to judging character, your biggest culprit could be living under your nose." She said as she eyed her father who shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"As for spending time with dad, ask him the reason I've been so scarce. I am not the reason everything goes wrong in this family." She added.

"Ladies!" Richard exclaimed.

"Am I home to hear the two people I love the most bicker?" He asked.

Amelia let out a breath. "I'll leave then, it seems I am always the issue."

"Darling no, sit down please." Her father said politely.

"No dad, it seems I'm quite unwanted." Amelia said sourly.

"Of course not sweetheart, your mother is just concerned. We love you dearly please don't leave lunch upset like this." He said.

"Your fathers right." Her mother said.

Amelia took in a breath and decided to give in, after all she needed to be sweet to her dad if she intended on getting answers to questions that she's been dying to ask.

"Thank you." Her father smiled at her as she sat down again.

"Now, tell us more about Brady." Her father told her as he sipped on his wine.

Chantel rolled her eyes but Richard gave her a warning look so she bit her tongue and remained quiet.

"You say he doesn't have a mother, what happened to her?" Richard asked.

"She walked out on them when he was a kid, it's a real touchy subject so please don't bring it up in front of him." Amelia answered.

"Of course." Her father agreed.

"And his father?" Richard asked.

"He died. Also a very sensitive thing for him." Amelia answered.

"That's awful, the poor boy." Richard said.

"I guess it is what it is, it's made him grow up and be the man of the house at a very young age. He's aunt and sister are his whole universe." Amelia said.

"I had no idea, that's a very admirable quality about him." Richard said honestly.

"He's really not as bad as you might think, the more you know him and understand him the more you'll realise just what a good person he really is. He gave up his future to provide a future for his sister, he's put her in the best school in our city and has a college fund for her. He's shouldered all responsibilities from a very young age." Amelia praised him.

Richard nodded. "There certainly is more to him than meets the eye."

Amelia nodded. "I'm glad I gave him a chance and truly got to know him. I've never met anyone from my generation like him."

"You're quite smitten." Her father half grinned.

"Perhaps more than just that." Amelia said under her breath but everyone at the table heard her.

Chantel cleared her throat. "If you'll excuse me, I'm done with my meal."

"Mo-" Amelia began but Chantel stood up and exited the dining room.

Amelia sighed.

"She'll come around." Richard told her reassuringly.

"I doubt it, the only reason you're showing interest is because you're scared I'll spill the beans about your affair to mom." Amelia told her father.

"Lia darling, that's not the case. I miss my little girl and I want you to forgive me and I want to earn your trust back." He said.

"Dad admit it, if I didn't walk in on you, you wouldn't have showed so much interest in Brady. He's not of our stature and class, he's nowhere close to our world." Amelia said flatly.

"Perhaps but also perhaps not, I trust that I raised a daughter with good insight and I trust she can make good decisions for herself that's why I am giving Brady a chance." Richard said.

"I want to believe that's true." Amelia said softly.

"I'll let my actions do the talking." He smiled reassuringly at her.

"Speaking of responsibility I have done some thinking and with the new year here, I want to learn about the business. After all I am your sole heir and I need to make some decisions regarding my future." Amelia told her father.

Her fathers face lightened up with a grin. "That's the best news I've heard in a long time."

"Where shall we begin? I'm back at the office next week and I'll be more than happy to have you accompany me." He added.

"Well for starters I'd like to be acquainted with your staff and board." Amelia said.

"That's a good start. When I tell your mom she'll automatically turn her frown upside down." Her father stood up, dropping his napkin onto his place.

"Actually daddy, I saw some pictures on the wall, maybe you could start there." Amelia said sweetly.

"Of course." Her father smiled. "Lead the way."

With Richard on her tail, Amelia walked Into the living room and stood in front of the wall where all the the pictures hung.

"So where do we begin?" Richard asked.

"Well for starters I know uncle Kenny, Hughs dad. I know your secretary Pauline, I know your manager Jonathan..." Amelia went on to name the people she knew.

She stopped at the picture she wanted to know about in the first place. She looked at the picture and in it was her father and Hugh's dad, in the middle of them was the man she began to hate, the same tall man with the dark eyes that drew Brady close to her.

"Who is this?" She casually asked her father pointing at the man in the middle.

She examined her fathers body language vigilantly as she awaited his answer. Much to her relief her father was still relaxed and cool.

"Oh that's Donald, or Donny for short." Her father answered.

"How long has he been employed by us?" Amelia asked, fearing the answer.

If he's been working for my dad for years could it possibly mean? No it can't be, my father might be many things but when it came to business he was straight and he most certainly wasn't a murderer. He cannot in anyway be connected to Brady's fathers death.' Amelia said to herself.

"A long time, probably for over twenty years or so." Richard said.

'Shit, shit, shit! Not the answer I was anticipating. If anything I now need answers.' Amelia mentality said.
"Why do you ask?" Richard asked curiously.

Amelia shook her head, clearing all thoughts and looking as causal and as unsuspecting as she could. "It's just for an old and trustworthy employee I've never seen him around."

"He's head of security, it's a very stressful and important job, by the end of his shift he prefers going home to be with his family. Besides he's always in the control room, making sure we're all well protected." Richard said.

"Protected?" Amelia rolled her eyes. "Daddy what on earth would we need protection from?"

"Darling you've always been protected from the bad world so you won't understand but with our influential background and wealth comes a lot of danger, there are many people who would go to great lengths for money." Richard said seriously.

"You are my biggest concern because you are not only my sole heir but my biggest weakness." He added.

Amelia nodded. "I see. I guess not everything is always as it seems."

"Most certainly not darling, which is why Stan is sent with you everywhere, I can't trust you being alone anywhere." Richard said.

"Although lately Stan says you've been quite a rare sight in his car." Richard raised a playful brow.

"Yeah Brady's been driving me around." Amelia casually said.

"I trust his car has all the safety precautions." Richard more like asked.

"Dad, relax. I'm not a princess that needs bulletproof windows and a bodyguard, Brady always make sure of my safety." Amelia rolled her eyes.

"Well you're a Stanton princess, don't you ever forget that." Her father grinned at her.

"Well now that I'm sort of aquatinted with the important people in the business, I look forward to meeting them next week, especially Donny." Amelia said seriously.

"I look forward to having you at the office honey." Her father smiled at her and with a kiss on her forehead he left the room leaving Amelia alone with her thoughts.

**

"You're what?" Brady almost chocked on his soda as him and Amelia were seated at a diner.

"Brady I loved our honeymoon phase but I told you I want to do digging and this is the only way." Amelia explained.

"So sleeping with the enemy is your only option?" Brady asked bitterly.

"You're stepping out of line, I am not sleeping with anyone." She rolled her eyes, annoyed.

Brady sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Mia I really appreciate you wanting to help but you're going to be within a working space with a fucking murderer!"

Amelia had just explained to Brady everything she found out about Donald and Brady wasn't pleased at all when she informed him about her going to intern at her dads office where Donald worked.

"Brady it's my fathers office, I'm basically their boss too. No one is going to harm me, besides there's full proof security." She assured him placing a hand over his.

Brady pulled his hand away from under hers. "Security? Are you fucking kidding me? You just told me that bastard is head of fucking security."

Amelia opened her mouth to respond but Brady was on a rant.

"Do you think he's going to protect you when he finds out you're snooping into old affairs which involve him and a murder?!"

"No to save his own ass he'll get rid of you and whoever else he thinks will protect you!" Brady said loudly.

Amelia looked around the diner and she was glad they were in a isolated corner and that the diner was rowdy.

"Brady can you please understand my situation here for one minute?" She requested coolly.

"If I knew you were going to put yourself at risk just to play Nancy Drew I wouldn't have told you a fucking thing!" He exclaimed, exasperated.

"You think I'm doing this to play Nancy Drew out of boredom?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

"No you're doing this because you want to help me and blah blah blah." Brady rolled his eyes.

"Yes I actually do want to bloody help you get justice for your father-" she began but was cut off.

"At the cost of your fucking life? Do you think I want that son of a bitch to take away another person I care about?" Brady asked.

"It fucking scares me dammit!" He cursed and flung the salt shaker on the table.

That caused a few eyes to look their way but Brady was the least amount bothered.

"Brady calm down." Amelia said under her breath.

"Do not tell me to fucking calm down after casually telling me you're going to sneak information about the devil right under his fucking nose!" Brady's voice was rising.

"Yes I'm doing this for you Brady but think clearly for one damn second." Her voice was also rising this time.

"I just found out that this man works for my father and has for a long time, I need answers Brady not just for you but for me too! I need to know if my fathers company was the one your dad was investigating I need to make sure that my father wasn't the one who..." she trailed off and for the first time she said it out loud and it terrified her, it scared that her father could be the person behind Brady's fathers death, it scared her that her father could possible be a murderer.

Brady noticed the fear in her eyes and noticed how her eyes glossed with threatening tears. He took in a breath and calmed himself down slightly.

"I'm scared too Brady but I can't just let it be." She whispered.

Brady pursed his lips and sighed. "I don't want to lose you Mia."

She blinked away the threatening tears and reached for his hand.

"I don't want to lose you either." She whispered back.

"Then let sleeping dogs lie." Brady almost pleaded with her.

"Brady don't you want justice for your father? Don't you want answers?" She questioned.

"Not at the cost of losing you." He answered flatly.

"Brady I told you, my father won't let anything happen to me. He told me himself, I am his weakness." She said.

"Do you really want to unravel secrets that could turn your whole world upside down? You've always lived in a fairytale, do you want to ruin that?" Brady asked her seriously.

"Fairytales don't exist Brady and it's time I woke up and smelt the coffee." She replied nonchalantly. "Don't you see that if I just drop it then I'll forever be stuck in a fairytale, it won't be real. I mean as we're busy making love and being happy my father could be the reason your childhood was robbed from you, how I can I sit idle and not get answers which we both seek?"

"What if you find answers you don't want?" He asked.

"It's better than living in ignorance, I need to know." She squeezed his hand. "I need to know that your fathers blood isn't on my fathers hands, I need to make sure he wasn't behind it."

Brady clenched his jaw. "I don't support this one tiny bit."

"I know and neither do I but it needs to be done and I'm the only one who can do it." Amelia said looking at him squarely.

Brady pulled his hands away again and this time placed both his hands in his hair in frustration as he groaned.

"You're treading down a dangerous path." He told her.

"I know but I don't want to do anything behind your back that's why I'm telling you now. I promised not to do anything quietly since the Pamela incident and I'm keeping my word." She said.

"This is different, dealing with my deadbeat birther is not the same as dealing with a fucking hitman." He hissed.

"Brady this argument is over, I came here to inform you not ask your permission. I've made my mind and you know how stubborn I can be. End of discussion." Amelia stated firmly.

Brady scoffed. "Spoken like a true Stanton."

Amelia raised a brow. "I am Amelia Stanton or have you forgotten that?"

"Thanks for the reminder." Brady muttered bitterly as he tossed money on the table paying for the drinks.

Amelia sighed, exasperated as she watched him stand up.

Brady was about to leave but he turned and looked at her over his shoulder. "Remember I do not support you at all in this fucking quest you're on."

She sat back on her chair and crossed her arms over her chest. "I know but I'm going ahead with or without your support."

Brady clenched his jaw out of frustration and anger once again, grabbed his jacket off the back of the chair harshly, so harshly that the chair rocked backwards and forwards.

Amelia watched as he turned on his heel about to leave but she stopped him this time.

"Oh one more thing Brady," she began as she stood up and walked around the table to stand face to face with him.

"I'm off to Pamela's place after this, so don't tell me I'm keeping secrets and didn't tell you." She told him.

Amelia could see how pissed Brady was and she understood why and he had reason to be mad but Amelia had to get to the bottom of the matter or she'd never be at ease. She had a bad feeling about everything but she needed to know that her family wasn't in anyway connected to Brady's father.

"Fuck it Amelia!" Brady cursed loudly.

"Do whatever the fuck you want, I don't want anything to do with it!" He spat.

Brady was about to storm off but Amelia grabbed his arm, ignoring how mad he was she stood on her tippy toes and catching him off guard she pecked him on the lips.

"I'll call you later." She told him with a small grin.

Brady sighed heavily, furious at her and her stubborn nature. He said nothing and stormed out of the diner.

"Everything alright Ms. Stanton?" Stan asked as Amelia got into the backseat of her Jaguar.

Amelia sighed. "It will be."

"Where to now?" Stan asked.

"I haven't seen Lukas in a while so take me to the Yale residence please." Amelia said.

Stan started driving and other than the soft music the car was silent.

Amelia pressed her temples, she was upset that her and Brady had a fight after what felt like forever and she wanted to fix it but she couldn't adhere to him this time, too much was at stake.

Her reverie was broken by Stan who cleared his throat. "I've been told that my advice isn't too shabby. A penny for your thoughts?"

Amelia grinned at Stan. "If anyone knows about your advice it's me Stan, but unfortunately it's not advice I seek but answers."

"May I be of assistance?" Stan asked.

"Stan do you think my father is a bad person?" Amelia asked.

Stan took a long moment before he answered. "I've worked for your family for a very long time Ms. Stanton and I can say from my experience with them I've never had a chance to complain. Your father has always been a good employer to me and has always treated me with respect."

Amelia smiled at his response.

"Why the question if I may ask?" Stan questioned.

Amelia sighed. "It's just... well my father and I have been at odds for months now and I feel like I don't even know him sometimes."

The car came to a halt and Amelia looked out the window and noticed they were parked on the Yale residence driveway.

Stan stepped out of the car and walked around to open Amelia's door. Amelia smiled at him as she stepped out.

Amelia was about to walk to the front door but Stan stopped her.

"Communication dear, it's the only way to clear any doubt and rebuild a relationship that seems to be fading away." He told her.

"Talk to your father and clear whatever negative feelings you have towards him. I was there the day you were born and I don't think I've ever seen Mr Stanton as happy as he was that day. You are his whole world, don't let small misunderstandings ruin your bond."

Amelia smiled. "Thank you Stan, sometimes I forget how wise you are."

"It all comes with age my dear." He smiled warmly at her.

"I'll be here when you're ready to leave." He added.

Amelia nodded at him as she made her way to the front door.

The butler answered and Amelia told him to inform Pam she was over to meet her.

Within no time Amelia seen Lukas running towards her.

"Lia!" Lukas ran up to Amelia and hugged her tightly.

Amelia hugged him back, she hadn't seen him in a long while, not ever since she found out who Pamela was and she missed Lukas so she was glad to see him.

"I miss you so much!"'Lukas exclaimed as he pulled away.

"I missed you too." Amelia smiled at him.

"Mommy said I won't see for a while and it made it sad but this is the best surprise ever!" Lukas grinned widely.

"Why would Mommy say that to you?" Amelia frowned, even though she knew the answer to that question.

Lukas shrugged. "She said I'll understand one day."

"Well, Mommy was wrong cause here I am." She smiled at the eight year old who had eyes exactly as Brady's.

Thinking of Brady Amelia's heart sank, she hated that she was the reason for him being upset but she knew he'd get over it and things will fall into place soon.

"Amelia." Pamela's voice broke Amelia's train of thoughts.

"What a pleasant surprise." Pam said looking surprised and shocked.

"Hi Pam." Amelia half grinned at her.

"Please, come in." Pam gestured her into the living room.

Amelia took a seat on the couch in the very familiar living room.

"Lukas can you please tell Theresa to prepare some tea and bring it here. And give me a moment with Amelia please." Pam told her son.

Lukas sulked. "But mommy-"

"Lukas." Pam cut him off sternly.

Lukas didn't like it but with a sullen face he walked off.

"That really wasn't needed." Amelia told Pam once Lukas was out of the living room.

"It was, Lukas and his father don't know anything." Pam said lowering her gaze.

"Oh you mean you haven't told him about your teenage daughter and adult son whom you abandoned years ago, I see." Amelia sarcastically remarked.

"I wanted to it's just... I thought Brady doesn't want anything to do with me." Pam muttered.

"He doesn't." Amelia stated flatly.

"Does he know you're here?" Pam asked curiously.

Amelia nodded. "We have no secrets."

Amelia leaned forward and looked at Pam squarely. "And by that I mean we hide nothing from each other, we know everything about each other, from past to present."

Amelia watched as Pam squirmed a little and she knew that she touched a nerve.

Pam swallowed before she asked. "How is he?"

"He's fine, considering..." Amelia left her sentence hanging.

"Considering?" Pam asked. "Is he alright?"

Amelia rested back in her seat and crossed her legs. "Depends in which context, I mean yes he's alright but then again if I think about it, Brady hasn't been alright in thirteen years."

Pam scrutinised Amelia. "What are you on about Amelia?"

Amelia opened her mouth but Theresa walked in with a tray of tea and scones.

Amelia waited for Theresa to leave the room before she spoke.

"I know everything Pam." She stated.

Pam looked anxious. "Yes I know that you know about how I left him and Lily in foster care."

"That's not what I'm talking about." Amelia said.

Pam looked even more anxious. "I... I don't know what you're talking about."

Amelia raised a brow as she watched Pam shakily pour herself a cup of tea.

"Tea?" She asked Amelia.

"No thanks, I just came back from a coffee date." Amelia answered.

"Why are you really here Amelia?" Pam asked as she sipped her tea.

"I need answers." Amelia replied.

"Regarding?" Pamela asked.

"Which company was your husband investigating?" Amelia got straight to the point.

The colour seemed to drain from Pamela's face but she played ignorant. "Kurt has many cases, you know he's a renowned lawyer."

"I am not talking about Kurt, I am talking about Nicholas, Special Agent Nicholas Ryland." Amelia said looking dead straight into her eyes.

Amelia could see how uncomfortable Pam was.

"I don't wish to talk about this." Pam mumbled, she placed her tea cup down and stood up.

"I'll tell Lukas you had to rush off and you'll visit another day. You can see yourself out." Pam added.

Amelia narrowed her eyes and stood up. She stood in front of Pamela.

"Brady was Lukas's age when you left him, he was eight years old when he witnessed his fathers death Pam! Eight bloody years old and he watched his father die in a violent way in front of him!" Amelia exclaimed, feeling anger bubbling inside her.

Pamela was literally quivering as she spoke. "Amelia you need to leave please."

"No what I need are answers!" Amelia demanded.

Pamela took in a deep breath. "You are sailing on forbidden waters."

"I've heard that before but it won't stop me." Amelia obstinately stated.

"Well it should!" Pamela snapped.

She took a step closer to Amelia and looked at her squarely. "I left that life behind me a very long time ago, those are wounds that have healed and I do not wish to reopen them."

Amelia scoffed. "Your wounds Pamela? How can you still be so selfish?"

"Selfish? Yes I am selfish, yes I'm a vile, terrible woman I accept it but I will always protect my family before everything else!" She exclaimed.

"What about Brady and Lily?" Amelia asked.

"Brady and Lily were kids when it happened, they barely remember anything from that horrid night and if you care about them you'll keep it that way." Pamela said.

"Barely remember?" Amelia ridiculed. "If that's the case then why after all these years does Brady remember every awful detail of that night? From what his father said to him before bed, to yours and Nicholas's argument in the kitchen to watching his father sign a false suicide note and then being shot!"

Pamela was literally sweating and was becoming extremely uneasy. "Amelia you're stepping out line."

Amelia grabbed Pam by the shoulders. "Out of line?" She questioned between gritted teeth.

"Out of line was when you abandoned your kids and started a new life without looking for them once!"

Amelia let go of her and gestured around her. "You got all of this and what did Brady and Lily get? Nothing Pamela, they got nothing but pain!"

Amelia looked at her in the eye. "When I look into Brady's eyes I see pain and hurt. You healed your wounds but Brady can't sleep without that bastards face haunting him in his nightmares, he shakes and quivers Pamela! He's never lived, he provides for his sister and aims to give her the best life possible while he's robbed himself of happiness and a future!"

Amelia's voice began to break. "He acts all tough but when you look at him and I mean really look at him all you see is a broken little boy, if you couldn't do anything for him in his childhood please I'm begging you at least give him some closure Pam. Free him from his demons and for once be his mother."

Amelia had tears rolling down her cheeks when she done, she just couldn't bear thinking of Brady as a scared little boy going through all of that.

Pam swallowed and shook her head. "I'm sorry Amelia but I can't... I won't say anything."

Amelia groaned in frustration, she grasped Pamela by the shoulder again. "What kind of monster are you?! I feel so much and I'm just his girlfriend who recently found this out, how do you live with yourself knowing that you've had a hand in inflicting so much of pain into your own flesh and bloods life?!"

"I... I don't understand it. Do you have no heart?" She asked softly as fresh tears escaped her eyes.

Pamela shrugged her off and turned her back to her. "I'd rather have him live a lifetime of pain then being dead."

"No one is going to hurt him Pamela, I'll make sure of it!" Amelia insisted.

Pamela turned around and looked at her angrily. "You'll make sure of it? You are nothing but your fathers daughter Amelia, without him you're no one! You think you're so grown up but you have no idea that you're playing with fire that will not only burn you but my son as well!"

"Don't!" Amelia yelled. "Don't you dare ever call him that, you lost that right thirteen years ago when you threw him away!"

"Enough!" Pamela bellowed. "I have been patient with you but I won't hear another word."

Amelia wiped her eyes and shook her head. "Karma will one day catch you with you Pamela, you're inhuman."

"I'm only protecting my son!" She said.

"You're right, you're only protecting Lukas and Kurt. You're nothing but a selfish bitch!" Amelia spat.

"Get out Amelia." Pam hissed.

Amelia glared at her before she turned on her heel and left the living room.

'I won't give up Brady, I'll free you from your demons, I'll give you your answers and I'll make sure you get justice for your fathers death. If Pam won't help I'll take the difficult path and do all I can to help you.' Amelia told her herself as she made her way to the exit.
As Amelia was about to leave the entrance hall, something caught her eye on the centre piece coffee table.

With a frown she walked closer and bent down, she looked at the bag that was there and her frown disappeared and was replaced with a icy feeling.

"No, no, no." She whispered under her breath.

She opened the bag and prayed she didn't find the purse she looked for on the inside.

"Shit!"'she cursed under her breath as she looked at the pink LV patterned purse.

In her hands was the exact bag and purse she gifted Lily for Christmas and Amelia knew it was Lily's because it was a rare limited edition that wasn't even launched yet , she got an advance on the line as she always did.

Amelia placed the bag down and found the resident butler dusting some furniture in the entrance hall.

"Hi, I see Mrs. Yale forgot her bag here, perhaps you should take it up to her." Amelia told him.

The butler looked at the coffee table and then back at Amelia. "Thank you Ms. Stanton but that bag does not belong to Mrs. Yale but to Ms. Lilian, she forgot it yesterday when she visited, she'll be back later today to collect it."

Amelia half grinned at him in response. "Alright. I'm on my way to Lily's, I'll just take it with me."

The butler looked skeptical.

"I understand your hesitance but I'm dating Lily's brother, she's my friend." Amelia told him.

When he didn't look convinced she grabbed her phone, scrolled through her pictures from Christmas and showed the butler a photo of her and Lily.

"Very well Ms. Stanton." He agreed.

Amelia grabbed the bag and exited the house, she got into the car without waiting for Stan to open the door for her.

"Ms. Stanton, you're in a rush." Stan said when he noticed her hurriedly get in the car.

"Yes, take me to Brady's please." Amelia said.

"Back south?" Stan questioned.

"Yes and step on it please." Amelia said.

Amelia didn't want Lily to leave before she got there, she needed to talk to Lily as soon as possible.

Within twenty minutes Amelia was parked outside Brady's place and once again before Stan could get out and open the door for her she was already halfway out the car.

"Stan you can head on to your house, I'll call you when I'm done." Amelia told him and left the car.

She held onto Lily's bag as she rang the doorbell. After two rings the door finally opened.

Amelia's breath was stuck in her throat when she looked at Brady who opened the door, he was shirtless and his hair was wet, heck not just his hair but his chest as well. He had a towel around his waist and Amelia knew he just had a shower. Amelia had never seen a freshly showered Brady before.

"Are you going to say something or just stare, it's kinda cold here." Brady broke the brief silence and she realised she was staring.

She cleared her throat. "Um yeah sorry, hi, again." She said as she walked pass him into the house.

"What are you doing here Amelia?" Brady asked nonchalantly as he shut the door behind him.

'Damn he's so hot, if we weren't in a fight...' Amelia spoke to herself as she looked at his chest then at his abs.

"Amelia?" Brady broke away her reverie.

"Do you always open the door without a shirt?" Amelia raised a brow.

Brady rolled his eyes. "I'm not in the mood Amelia, in fact I'm not even in the mood to speak to you let alone see you."

'Great he's still pissed.'

Amelia let out a breath. "I'm here to see Lily actually, I have her bag."

"Why didn't you just give it to me when we met earlier?" Brady asked.

"Because Brady if I had it I would but I foun-" Amelia stopped midway.

'No I have to talk to Lily first before I say anything to Brady, the last thing I need is to unfold another load of drama.' She mentally told herself.

Amelia cleared her throat. "I mean it was in the car and in the midst of our fight it slipped my mind."

Brady nodded. "Well you just missed her, she literally left five minutes ago."

"Any idea where?" Amelia asked.

"To her friends to finish an assignment." He casually replied, Amelia could see he didn't want to talk.

"Do you have an address?" Amelia enquired.

"No but I can ask Adam. Mia, whats the rush? Just leave it here and she'll see it when she gets home. Unless you have some other business with her?" He more like asked.

Amelia wanted to say yes but she knew Brady was smart and he knew she went to see Pamela to she didn't want to stir any doubts. "Nope, nothing else." She answered casually.

"Ok well I'll tell her you stopped by." He told her, hinting that she should leave.

"Really? You're going to act this way?" Amelia sighed.

Brady ran a hand over his face. "I'm not in the mood so please Amelia."

Amelia looked at him and her conversation with Pam played in the back of her mind. Her heart broke as she looked at him, Brady was only twenty one but he had the stress and burden of a much older man, he never knew real love and as she recalled his so called mothers harsh words and selfishness she wanted to just hold him in her arms and shower as much love on him as possible. She wanted to show him that she cared for him and cared about helping him.

She didn't say anything but walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him tightly.

Brady was caught off guard but regardless hugged her back.

"What's this for?" He asked, confused. "We had a disagreement, we didn't break up. You don't need to be so emotional."

Amelia squeezed him tightly. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

Brady sighed. "Mia I don't want to talk about it again, please."

She pulled away and looked up at him, his eyes sparkling as ever.

She pressed her lips on his and kissed him roughly.

Brady groaned as she pressed herself against him, her nails digging into his bare back.

Brady pulled away. "What has gotten into you?"

"Is your aunt home?" She asked.

He shook his head. "No it's just me. What's wrong with you? You're acting very strange."

"No talking Brady." She murmured before she slid off her coat and then his towel which was around his waists, she took a long moment and admired the man whom she called in front of her and kissed him again.

Brady was confused but as she slid her tongue into his mouth and moaned his name, his common sense shut off. Their fight was forgotten and he kissed her back, grasping her back and pulling her closer to him.

A/N So what did you guys think of this chapter? I quite enjoyed writing this one. I liked the fiery Amelia, thoughts?
What do you guys think of Pamela? Those of you who read HPW If you could compare Brady's mom to Mason's, who would you think is worse?

Anyway I hope you liked the chapter, we're almost at the end.

Till then
Tina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 318 23
"Hey Princess." "Wh..at is your problem?! Why are y..you following me?!" "Are you scared of me?" he asked with a smirk on his face. "N..no I am no..t...
135K 3.4K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...
10.3K 239 19
"Hi my name is Amelia and this is my life... I was just another ordinary girl before that thing happened:High School. My first day on Riverroad High...
427K 10.6K 78
I feel his dirty hands touch me once more and move up higher to my thighs. I try to jerk them away but he locks my arms in his hand above my head as...