-Always play- ||| Spinel x Re...

By LocalHoodlum_Mel

Spinel will be more soft and sweet in this story, due to her change of heart. She will also have bad separati... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
-Chapter 3-
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
-Chapter 6-
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
-Chapter 9-
Chapter 10
Facts about dating Spinel! And other stuff!
Chapter 12- Friday pt. 1
Chapter 13- Friday pt. 2
Chapter 14- Friday pt. 3
Chapter 15- Friday pt.4
Waiting Gift
~!!CHAPTER 16!!~
The Beginning of the End (Chapter- 17-ish)
Simple but to the point
Just a treat
{Chapter-17} Not For Kiddies
Chapter-18 Something bad is coming
Chapter 19- Many feelings
The End Of An Era
Chapter 20- Saving Steven
Chapter 21- Like a happy Family
Chapter 22- Shopping and Dogs
Future Chapter Promos
Chapter 23- The Rescue
Chapter 24- A Trip
Chapter 25- Patching things up
Chapter 26- If We're Together
Chapter 27- Still So Much To Do
Facts about dating Spinel pt. 2
Chapter 28- Gifts
Chapter 29- One Day

Chapter 11

2.5K 65 171
By LocalHoodlum_Mel

Here's a BIGGIN

It's Thursday.

2 days till the party.

Spinel has been her silly self as usual, meanwhile you and the others have started working on renting supplies and organizing while still trying to keep the whole thing a secret. Spinel was sitting on the floor drawing while you texted Pearl any final details on the party.   "Hey dolly-"   You gasp when Spinel suddenly appears beside you. You casually set your phone aside,   "Yes Spinel?"   You nervously grinned at her, Spinel grabbed your hand,   "Can we go on a walk?"   You look out the window, it was a good day for a walk you suppose.   "Sure, I don't see why not."   Spinel smiles brightly and pulls you up,   "Alrighty, we shall go m'lady."   You chuckle as he bows at you and she leads you out. She was shorter and slightly more childish than you, yet she was usually the one to take charge and be the boss. She didn't seem to care if she was smaller than someone or made to be a playmate, because a part of her knew she could beat anyone if she had to. It gave you a sense of confidence any time you were with her.

Your feet land on asphalt and you let Spinel lead the way down the neighborhood. The fall leaves still sprinkled along the sidewalks, despite the previous blizzard. 

Spinel had an arm around your waist as she looked around every few seconds as if she were a ruby guard. You looked to the distant hill, than to little Homeworld.

You really enjoyed having all these gems around knowing that they were free and weren't being controlled anymore. It helped you feel like you belong and it was okay to love Spinel. You felt content with the knowledge that loving a gem wasn't wrong anymore and no one would get in trouble for it. It didn't matter if the two of you were from different planets, it only mattered that the two of you were in love.

Suddenly, Spinel gasped and picked you up. Before you could question her she started running excitedly. 

After lots of wind messed up your hair and the blurred sights of a few buildings passing you by, Spinel jolted to a stop, causing you to almost lose your balance. You put a hand to your head and groaned lightly trying to rid of your slight dizziness.   "Look doll!"   You shake your head and look over until your eyes land on Lars and his friends. Humans and gems alike. They were all cleaning off band equipment. You perk up,   "Lars, the Off-Colors, Sadie, and Shep!"   That's right... Steven told you that Sadie had a new partner.

Spinel puts you back down,   "What are they doing?"   You shrug,   "Cleaning instruments I guess."   Spinel starts walking towards them, dragging you along. Sadie notices as you approach,   "Oh, Hi Y/n!"   You wave, then Sadie notices your lover beside you.   "And...Spinelllll...?"   You nod,   "Yup, this is my little ball of fun."   You hear Shep 'aw' lightly making you smile bashfully. Spinel shyly chuckles and lightly elbows your forearm. Lars looks up and waves. You wave back and Fluorite walks a little closer to you and Spinel,   "Spinel and Y/n?"  You smile and pull Spinel closer.   "Yup, it's us."   Fluorite smiles,   "I've heard much about you two."   Spinel laughs nervously,   "Nothing bad though, right?"   Padparadscha suddenly lights up,   "Oh, I see Spinel and her human lover coming to converse with us!"   Lars pats her head with a smile,   "Right again Padparadscha."   You giggle and put an arm around Spinels little shoulders. "So what are y'all' doing?"

Sadie looks to you with an amused smile at your question,   "You know."   You then put the pieces together,   "Oh.... ohhhhhhhh."   You click your tongue and shoot her a finger gun. Spinel leans into you and Lars perks up,   "Hm, I was expecting her to be less.. Cute?"   You cock a brow at him, Lars gasps and rubs his neck,   "Oh sorry, it's just- based on what Steven told me- I didn't expect Spinel to be this little and pink."    Spinel groans and suddenly stretches out all her limbs dramatically; making spring shapes with her arms.   "Look, I may be small, but I can put up a fight buddy."   Lars nervously laughs and waves his hands in front of him,   "Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean it like that."   Spinel shrinks back to normal and shrugs,   "Nah, I get it I'm a cute little playmate."   You rub her head,   "You're a scary- little playmate."   

Spinel puts a hand to her cheek- lifts a leg and slowly waves a hand in a cat-paw like motion,   "Awe shucks."

There's a pause, but you laugh and a few of your friends do as well.

 Rodinite then cautiously perks up,   "So you two are in love?"   Spinels face flushes red a little and you smile,   "Yeah, heh.."   Shep pulls Sadie to their side and grins,   "You both are very cute together. What do you think Sadie?"   Shep says as they nudge Sadie.   "Oh! Yeah. You two really balance out each-other nicely."   

Rodinite, walks forward some more and looks over the two of you,   "Yes, not only that, but you two would make a beautiful fusion!"   

You look between Spinel and yourself,   "Really?"   Rodinite steps to Spinel and cautiously takes one of her arms. She stretches the limb back and forth before looking over each of your heights and widths.   "Yes, the two of you have attributes that balance each-other out. Also a fusion like yours would be of fair height, not too big or too small. Pulls great flexibility and balance."   You and Spinel look at each-other. Spinel then looks back to Rodinite.   "That sounds great, buuuut.. we can't fuse."   You nod and place a hand on Spinels shoulder,   "Oh that's right! Y/n's a human."   You chuckle and shrug,   "That's okay. We can still love each-other unfused. We don't need to be fused in order to be together no matter what."   Spinel grabs your hand,   "Yeah."   Rodinite puts her hands to her cheeks,   "That's beautiful!"   The rutile-twins then walk up to you and Spinel with starry eyes,   "Yes, its beautiful."-"You both are separated but connected at the same time."   The twins look down at their conjoined gem,   "It's kind of-"-"Like us."   You hug the twins.

Yup, this was where you belonged.

---

After hanging out with the Off-Colors, Lars, Shep, and Sadie, you and Spinel got yourselves some ice cream and continued your walk.

Then you reached the woods.

Spinel was marveling at the pretty leaves and how they filtered the sunlight to look red and orange. You laughed at her gasps and constant glances. You looked up to an empty nest, Those baby birds Steven told you about must have grown up to leave the nest since the last time he'd seen them. You looked up through the leaves. Steven had grown up so fast too. You were a few years older than him, but it was enough to see him as a baby brother. Now he was so ready to grow up, it was a little silly. Even though he pushes his 'adulting', he still has a long way to go. You sigh and look down at the dirt path. It made you think about the idea of him leaving all of you- going somewhere else for a while to allow himself to grow without distraction.. 

"What's wrong sweetcheeks?"

 You break from your thoughts and look to your dearest gem. She was leaning towards you with a more concerned-serious look.   "Oh, nothing. Just.. thinking."   Being the pushy gem she was she pressed,   "About what?"   You shrug and drag your feet through the grass and dirt patches as you walk,   "Well, Steven."   Spinel continues to listen with a focused look,   "What about him?"   A small breeze brushed past your faces,   "He's growing up. It feels like his happy self fades more and more lately."   Spinel cocks a brow and hums in thought,   "Well, dolly.. I haven't known Steven that long, so I don't really know how he's changed. But I don't think he'll really  stop being the Steven you've known longer than me. That ball of sunshine will always be in him, somewhere."   You look back to the leaves that hung over your heads, a hopeful smile on your face,   

"We'll see."

--

The end of the trail indicated your time to turn back,   "Alright, we should start heading home."   Spinel agrees and holds your hand as the two of you start walking back.

However as you were walking the two of you failed to notice someone following.

---

You shut the door and flop onto the couch,   "My legs hurt."   You laugh and kick off your shoes. Spinel looked over your legs.   "I don't see any damage?"   You snort and pull Spinel down into a hug,   "You have much to learn."   Spinel laughs and starts kissing your face. You laugh and try to pull away, but she simply stretches her neck to reach you. You loved how Spinel smothered you sometimes. 

"Ok-OK! I love you too." 

Spinel finally stops and gives a smug grin,   "You liked it and you know it."   You flush red and lightly push her shoulder,   "I will not confirm, nor deny that statement."   Spinel raises her 'brows' and pounces onto you kissing your face once more, You laugh hysterically. 

When Spinel finally stops you're wheezing.  

 "Jeez, Toots."   She laughs   "Are you alright?"   You gain your composure back,   "Yeah. Yeah- I'm good."   Spinel laughs and strokes your hair. You lean in and kiss her lips roughly, before standing up; heading into the kitchen. When you look back, Spinel was sitting there with red cheeks. That made you both even now.

---

"Spinel, Do you want popcorn or do you want to try mac 'n cheese?"   Spinel stepped into the kitchen and peaked into the pot of mac 'n cheese you had just finished,   "What's that?"   You take a spoon and scoop out a few cheesy noodles,   "Here, try it."   Spinel takes the spoon into her mouth. She looks pleasantly surprised and goes to grab a handful, but you pushed her hand away,   "No, you have to wait until you're served."   Spinel whines and does a childish stomp out of the room. You smile and serve two bowls.

When you walk into the living room, Spinel was wrapped in a blanket while watching a documentary on birds. She was staring daggers at the screen as if a bird would just fly through if she didn't watch it. 

You smile; shaking your head. Sometimes she reminded you so much of a cat; mean, defensive and weird.

 You sit beside her and hand her the bowl, Spinel squints,   "Just feed it to me pumpkin."   You chuckle at her serious tone, and shake your head. You begin to feed her bites of mac 'n cheese as she angrily watches the birds that flew around on-screen.

---

 Just as you both were almost done eating, there was a loud crash outside. 

Spinel jumps and screams; wrapping you in the blanket with her. She protectively held you close as she cautiously eyed the front door.   "Betcha that was a bird."   You smile and look to the front door. You carefully remove her from yourself and stand,   "Don't worry, I'll go check."   Spinel stretches her arm out and grabs your hand,   "No, it's not safe!"   You snort and squeeze her hand,   "It's alright, I'll be fine."   Spinel looks worriedly at the door-then to you. She takes a deep breath and releases your hand,   "Ok. Just be careful."

You smile at her childish worry and how scared she was for you, it was cute.   "I will."   You turn and open the door. You take one last glance at Spinel; giving her a reassuring smile as you step outside, closing the door behind you.

The night air was crisp and hit your skin, sending a small chill down you back. The surrounding yard, street and neighboring houses were lightly illuminated by the streetlights that hung from above. You step out onto the porch and glance around your yard. Nothing.

There's suddenly a bang on the glass behind you, you turn and see that Spinel had opened the curtains and was pressed against the window. You give her a 'what are you doing?' look and you hear her yell from inside,   "I'm Just Making Sure You're Alive!"   You roll your eyes with a fond smile. 

Spinel then seemed to remember that there was a film of nothing but birds that she had to grimace at, so she shut the curtains and you were left alone once more.

 You decide to be bold and walk down the old wooden stairs. 

When your feet hit the grassy floor you heard it again. A bang. It came from your shed at the side of your house. You look around and grab a fairly large sized stick. You take a deep breath and stealthily creep up to the open shed door. The inside was pitch black- but you remembered that there was a light, you just had to pull the chain to turn it on. You quietly reach around a corner until you feel the small chain. You grasp it and pull down; the small room is then filled with light. You see the usual stuff, your rake and shovel, some tools, a spare carpet, a ladder, and an old barrel with a blue tarp over it. You step inside and place the stick down,   "Hello?"   As soon as you finish speaking the barrel moves- then tips over, revealing a mad and dust-covered Jasper.

"Jasper!? What are you doing here!?"

Jasper worms out of the barrel and angrily brushes the tarp aside,   "Figuring out how to live in this inferior hut."   You look around dumbfounded,   "Live, HERE!?"   Jasper looks up at you with her typical stern expression,   "Yes. When you came across me, what you said.. Home. You make me feel at home! So I followed you to live near you."   You cock a brow, mouth agape; dumbfounded still.   "Don't look at me like that. I just find you more likeable than anything else on this miserable planet."   

You shake your head; attempting to understand,   "Wait- But- Jasper, you can't live, here!"   Jasper gives you an annoyed look,   "Why?"   You look around frantically,   "B-Because, I live with my girlfriend as it is. She's what I'm able to handle right now."   Jasper looks confused- and still mad.   "Look, Jasper. You can't stay with me and-" - 

"Would you stop!?

You look up at the now standing Jasper who towered over you.

 "Look, I will reside here as long as I want, and I am not going to take orders from a human!"

 You let out a shaky breath, she was scaring you a little,   "Is that clear?"   You were about to reply when-    "Y/N!? Where are you!?"    

You turn to look at the front in the direction of the porch. Spinel must have wondered why you were taking so long and got worried.   "Who's that?"   You feel a pit in your stomach at Jaspers question. 

What if she attacks Spinel? What if Spinel attacks Jasper when she sees her towering over you? What if someone gets badly hurt?

 "Y/N!!!? WHERE ARE YOU!? THIS ISN'T FUNNY!"

 You feel panicked and go to leave the shed, but Jasper stops you; grabbing your shirt and pulling you behind her.   "Don't. It could be dangerous."   What was she- nevermind,   "Jasper, I have to get to-"   Jasper seemed to have heard something approach, because she whips around to look into the yard, she yells,   "WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE HERE!?"   

You peak around Jaspers arm and see Spinel was standing off near the porch, Spinel seemed to catch sight of you and screams,   "Y/N!!"   Jasper looks back at you,   "Do you know this gem?"   You didn't know what to do.

 As you tried to find something to say, Spinel grabs your arm and yanks you out of the shed- to her side thanks to her elastic arms.    "Y/n! Are you okay!?"    You gasp and hug her; clinging to her small body- feeling her warmth. You look up to Spinel, and see a few tears rolling down her cheeks.   "Oh, Spinel."   You cup her cheek and wipe away some tears. You passionately kiss her lips, you didn't want to scare her.   "It's okay Spinel, I'm here."   You feel her wrap her arms around you and the sound of her soft laughter,   "I know, dolly."  

 Her laughter doesn't last long though as pulls you beside her.   "Now, who might you be?"   Spinel questions Jasper as she gets into a more defencive stance,   "That's none of your concern. Now return my acquaintance."   

Spinel snarls,   

"Excuse me!?  Ya' see this ball of sunshine?-" Spinel squishes your cheeks, 

"This beautiful little lady?-"

 Spinel pulls you so close to her it was almost suffocating, 

"This is MY, and only MY  Lover!"

Jasper looks to you with a confused look,   "So this is the 'girlfriend' or whatever its called, you have?"   You nod and try to worm out of Spinels grasp, but she held you tightly,   "Dolly, who is this?"   You look up at the tall figure that was illuminated by the shed light,   

"Jasper."

Spinel turns back to Jasper, with a sadistic expression,   "So, Jasper. What were you doing with my little lady?"   Jasper scoffs and crosses her arms,   "Nothing, she happened to stumble into my new base."   You sigh, looks like she still didn't get the memo. Spinel represses a grumble, you look to Jasper who still seemed unfazed and somewhat casual about this crummy juncture. You look up at Spinel; her anger sparking through her eyes. 

She wasn't convinced that Jasper hadn't harmed you. You turn her head to look at you,   "Spinel, It's okay. She didn't hurt me. I promise."   Spinels face softens, and she lets you go.   "Alright.. But if I found out she did anything to you, I will not hesitate."   Spinel held up a fist, you sigh and hug Spinel. 

Jasper then cut in,   "So.."   You looked up at the tall gem and stand up yourself. You let her continue,   ".. A gem and a human."   You and Spinel look at each-other; Spinel then gets defencive again,   "Do ya' have a problem with that, Cheeto Puff?"   Jasper scoffs and looks you- then Spinel up and down,   "Don't know. It's odd to me. But it's not forbidden anymore, so I can't force the two of you apart."   Jasper looks to Spinel,   "Plus you chose a half-decent one."   You feel slightly offended, but then again this was Jasper. Spinel smiled at you,   

"This gal is more than half-decent eye-candy.. She's the greatest thing out here."

You chuckle and give Spinels cheek a smooch. Jasper raises her brows,   "Hm, I guess. She's more interesting than anything else on this damn rock."   Jasper's gem then glows and she pulls out the flower you had given her,   "You didn't throw it away!"   You quickly walk to her side, Jasper makes a noise of annoyance and rolls her eyes,   "It was a pitiful gesture, I have nothing to lose in accepting it."   Spinel looks Jasper up and down.   

"So, dolly gave you that when ya' both met, huh?" You nod and turn back to Jasper; standing on your tiptoes, trying to see if you could reach Jaspers height.   

"Well, you know what she gave me when I met er'?"   Spinel crosses her arms and gives a proud smile, 

"She gave me a hug."

 You snort,   "That's because you had no memories and didn't want to hurt anyone. You  hugged me!"   Spinel laughed nervously and rubbed her neck,   "It still counts.."   Her shy statement made you laugh. 

Spinel soon looks up at the moon,   "It's pretty late, you wanna head back inside dolly?"   You look to Jasper,   "Are you sure you want to be.. In there?"   Jasper looks back to the shed and shrugs,   "It's exceptional."   You look to Spinel,   "Um, Jasper, I'll be right back."   You pull Spinel to the front. 

"We can't just leave her there, in the dust and the cold."  -   "Well, she's not saying here."   -   "Spinel.."   You give her a stern look,   "Look doll, I ain't looking for a fight, but the last thing I want is a random gem in our house. She could do something."   You sigh and peek around the corner, Jasper was standing guard of her new 'home'. You turn back,   "C'mon, just tonight! -And tomorrow, we can go to Steven to get her a new place."   Spinel grumbles and crosses her arms,   "No."   You give her your best puppy eyes. Spinel tries to resist, but she caves,   "OK. But only tonight! If she's not gone after, I'll have to nicely show her the door."   You grin and hug Spinel,   "Thank you my love."   She chuckles and hugs back,   "Anything to keep you happy."

"Alright Jasper, Spinel and I have decided to let you spend tonight-"   Spinel buts in,   "And only tonight!"   You sigh,   "Yes, only tonight, with us. But tomorrow we're gonna have to find a better living situation for you, okay?"   Jasper looks back at the shed, then to your smiling face, she groans,   "Fine, but don't pull anything."   You agree, and walk to the shed; turning the light off.

"Okay, lets go."   You cautiously reach out to hold Jaspers arm, but she gives you a museing glare, so you retract and just lead the way inside.

--

"You just put the spoon in your mouth."   

You sat beside Jasper. She had asked why you and Spinel were putting 'yellow noodles' in your mouths. 

Jasper cocks a brow,   "Like this?"   Jasper opens her mouth and puts the mac 'n cheese in,   "Yes! Now take the spoon out and chew the food."   Jasper follows your instructions. She asks a muffled question after,   "Now what?"    -    "Just swallow."   Jasper struggles to swallow at first, but she manages to do it,   "I did it! Praise me!"   

You applaud,   "So how as it?"   

Jasper looks blankly at the wall as if she was having a gem-war flashback,   "I hated it."   Spinel dies laughing, Jasper just looks at her and rolls her eyes. 

These two really were polar opposites..

---

After another hour of light conversation and watching TV while explaining why TV was appealing to humans, Spinel had fallen asleep in your lap. She was really getting into the whole sleep thing. 

Jasper had finally started to relax, you were still yet to see another smile from her though. You pick Spinel up and head towards the stairs,   "Where are you going?"   You stand at the foot of the stairs,   "I'll be right back, I'm just putting this bundle of energy to bed."

You opened your bedroom door and walked to the bed, placing your sleeping lover down; tucking her in and kissing her forehead,   "I love you, Spinel."   She smiles at the sound of your voice as she continues to sleep. You chuckle and walk out of the room, leaving the door open to let in some warm air.

When you finally make it back downstairs, Jasper was still sitting on the sofa, looking tired. You greet her and finish cleaning up for the night. Jasper simply watched you the whole time. 

"Alright, well I'm gonna go to bed."   Jasper, waves a hand in dismissal,   "Alright, I don't care."   You look up the stairs- then back to Jasper. You walk to her and give her a quick hug,   "Goodnight."   You had hugged her so fast, she didn't have time to react, so she just sat there. After a second she went back to her normal demeanor,   "Whatever, just go so that I don't have to babysit you."   You laugh,   "Ok. See you in the morning!"   You head back upstairs and enter the room.

You change into comfy clothes and snuggle into bed beside Spinel, before drifting off.

What a day.

The Party is coming! 

Lets see if there will be some rivalry

xoxo

- Mr. Clark Is  Jerry?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.1K 1.8K 50
Steven Universe has had a decent life. An awesome older sister, 2 caring and wise aunts, and of course his great dad. He thinks everyone is his frien...
26.7K 477 14
Since everyone else is doing it (or the majority), I'd figured I'd give it a shot. So this takes place a few months, possibly 6, after Spinel's attac...
414 0 18
This is just a thing I like to do for fun - turn movies and games into massive novels. I hope you guys like it... I'm not very confident... In this s...
50.4K 1.4K 41
|Steven x Male reader| This story follows Y/n, a young boy. His mother had given up her physical form to give birth to him, which left him alone with...