ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanficti...

By Iris270902_

[Under editing] Anam Cara : A person with whom you can share your deepest thoughts, fears and feeling. ... More

• Nandini Murthy •
• Manik Malhotra •
1. A Tune that Struck
2. Tangled Cords
3. Negotiations
4. Cupids
5. Frustration & Feelings
6. Mending with a Thread
7. An Eventful Evening
8. Locked Away
9. Bending To His Will
10. Shattering Prejudices
11. "She Is A Mystery!"
12. Poking The Tigress
13. Pulling The Breaks
chapter 15 : Imagination
chapter 16 : Preparations
chapter 17 : My Buddy
chapter 18: Manan Missing??
chapter 19: Drunken Moments
chapter 20 : Aftereffects
chapter 21 : Surprises And Shocks.
chapter 22 : Love Story
chapter 23: The Bachelor's
chapter 24: Ammu
chapter 25 : Past By The Sea
Chapter 26: I Am With You
chapter 27 : Stalking Him
Chapter 28 :Forlorn Lanes
Chapter 29 : The Escape.
Chapter 30 : Realization Hits!
Chapter 31: #Muku ka Abhi
Chapter 32: The Family Brunch
Chapter 33 : Unofficially Official
Chapter 34 : Indirect Confession
Chapter 35: The Language of Love
Chapter 36: Growing Relations
Chapter 37: Ray of Hope
Chapter 38: Mantra For Life
Chapter 39 : Misson Is On.
Chapter 40: A Whole New World
Chapter 41: Sanam Mere Sanam
Chapter 42: One Time Wonder
Chapter 43: The Fab 5
Happy New Year!!!
Chapter 44 : Coupling
Chapter 45: Solitude
Chapter 46: A Day Out
Chapter 48 : Re-living
Chapter 49: Goodbyes
Chapter 50: Without You...
Chapter 51: Tashan
PROMO
Chapter 52 : The Begining of US
Chapter 53: The Night of Love
Chapter 54 : Flowers for You
Chapter 55: Will you be my date?
Chapter 56: Understanding Manik
Chapter 57 : My Metanoia
Chapter 58 : Badimaa
Chapter 59 : The Charity Gala
Chapter 60 : Broken
Chapter 61: Bhula Dena Mujhe
Chapter 62 : THE Day
Chapter 63: Truth of The Past (1)
Chapter 63: Truth of the Past (2)
PROMO
Chapter 64: The Last Fight
Chapter 65: Forever?
(Bonus) Chapter 66: The Sea of Love
Sequal

Chapter 47: Sunset And You

3.2K 286 47
By Iris270902_

*unedited *

Manik and Nandini were standing at the billing counter getting the dress choosen by Manik packed. Nandini threw an uninterested glance around the shop. She found a familiar face in that crowd. It took her a few moments to realize who that face was but when she did she got the solution to her problems.

Nandini's pov

This face looks familiar. I have seen her somewhere. I can't recall her. (Thinks for sometime) yes! She is Tanvi. Tanvi Sekhawat. I made a bespoke gown for her at the start of this year. If I am not wrong her father is Maharashtra's IG. Yes! I found the solution to my problem. She can definitely help. Should I go approach her directly? That won't be professional. Oh goddd! Think Nandini think of a way.

Her brain finally started to work and she got a not-so-good-but-workable idea. She looked at Manik, who was busy in completing the formalities with the sales girls which was taking quite a bit time. Why won't they? Their favorite super star was standing right in front and they were having a ideal fan moment. She excused herself from there and went about in the shop looking here and there. She intentionally bumped into Tanvi. "I'm so sorry... I am really very sorry I didn't see you", Nandini acted looking too innocent to falsify. "Hey Nandini, it's okay", she said sweetly. "How are you? ", she asked Nandini genuinely. "I am good...was just a little lost somewhere", Nandini replied,"Lost? Is everything okay? ", Tanvi asked with great concern. "Yeah...yeah", Nandini said as fakely as possible. "No Nandini there is something troubling you right? You can tell me maybe I can be of some help ", Tanvi told. "No it's a umm... Police matter ", Nandini acted to hesitate. "Then I can totally help" , Tanvi declared. " How?", asked Nandini with utmost sincerity," Nandini i think you are forgetting who am I? ", she said and Nandini made a highly confused face. "Nandini I hope you know Mr Rajveer Sekhawat. The IG Maharashtra. He is my father", Tanvi filled in. "Oh really?", she asked "yes Nandini. I'll give you his number and you can talk to him. Maybe he can help ", Tanvi further requested a little more and Nandini finally took his number and then bid bye to her.

Nandini's pov (words in bold are Nandini's conscience)

Yes! I got it. I had to act a bit but it's okay. (She was about to move back to Manik when her conscience questioned her) what was that Nandini? You never used to do all this. (Nandini stopped in her way and thought for a second) yes I never did this before. Why I did it I don't know. I just had to...to help Manik. Are you sure you JUST want to help Manik? Yeah what else can it be.? Nandini think a little beyond this? Why haven't you done this for any one else? I don't have any one else those who are mine are the ones I can do anything for. Stop fighting the feeling Nandini embrace it. It's nothing wrong. Wha...what feeling there is nothing? You won't accept it right? But don't worry Manik will make you accept it. Remember your mind doesn't believe it but your conscience does.

This mind Vs conscience battle could have gone for long but Manik's voice put a full stop to it. "Who was she? ", he asked. "Why...why do you wanna know? ", Nandini asked scared that maybe he has started to doubt a little.
" Nothing just found her cute. Maybe I can go with her on a date or two ", Manik joked looking serious. Nandini gave him an uninterested eye roll. "What? What's with that eye roll?", Manik asked," Stop joking Manik. I know you aren't interested in her", Nandini said with full confidence. "Ohh! And what's the reason behind this thinking? ", Manik asked getting too interested in it. "You are a one woman man", she said without thinking twice. "And how do you know that I have found that one woman?", said Manik smirking as she was well trapped in his war of words like always. Nandini indeed is a sharp minded lady but her weakness lies in words. She was never much of an orator. She speaks very less but when she does they always come out to be as well moulded sentences. The reason she always looses this battle against Manik was that with him she speaks without thinking. Generally when you speak without thinking you speak your heart.

Nandini didn't say anything but lowered her eyelids. Manik laughed softly and said, "I didn't know that The Nandini Murthy can act like girly girls too sometimes 😉", the very next moment her eyes were up boring into his with fake anger. "Okay okay sorry", he hurriedly said but both ended up laughing. "Let's go and find the others ", Nandini said. Soon they were out of the shop and looking for the group.

While searching for the group, Manik noticed that Nandini was checking her mobile more than normal. He tried to over look it but due to his curious nature he finally asked, "Nandini is there something wrong? ", looking into her mobile, Nandini answered, "No", Manik counter questioned, " Then why are you checking your phone every two minute", If Nandini wanted she could have lied but Manik's efforts were bearing fruits, " Nothing Manik. I am just waiting for Arya's message. He said he'll be here in 15 minutes but it's almost an hour and he is nowhere to be seen", Manik smiled at her concern and said, "Don't worry Nandini maybe he is here but he didn't message you". Nandini wanted to belive it but she knew Aryaman never does that. She still said okay and smiled for him.

They reached the resturant, assuming everyone to be there. To their luck they saw the whole group gathered in front of the door waiting for them to show up. "Here they come", Cabir said ,looking at Manik and Nandini. "Where did you guys disappear? ", asked Alya. "Vo Manik saw a dress for me so we were purchasing that", Nandini explained. Everyone understood but none tried to tease them. They all were aware that maybe Nandini won't yet be comfortable with their teasing. Rightly said they were friends in all aspects and this close knit group had also accepted Nandini as one of them only.

"Where is Ammu? ", asked Manik, not finding her. "She's with Aryaman", Dhruv told him, "Aryaman? ", asked a surprised Nandini. "Yes! They are shopping together... Look here they come", told Mukti and in came Ammu and Aryaman together. Nandini looked at both of them angry with Arya but didn't say anything in front of everyone. Aryaman being Aryaman was quick to notice that.

They went inside the restaurant with the fab 5. Aryaman was now walking with Nandini, trying to find a chance to talk to her while Manik and Ammu were walking in front of them. "You should have atleast messeged me once that you have reached. Do you know how worried I was? ", said Nandini the moment she found Arya alone. "There was no need to roam with me. Be with the person you want to but atleast tell me ", Nandini angrily blurted out, loud enough only for Aryaman to hear.

Before he could explain himself to her, they reached their table. Due to Mukti and Alya's plea Nandini sat with them instead of Manik. He took the seat right in front of them. As the whole group was very hungry they ordered quickly. "Where is Abhi? ", asked Manik on noticing his absence from the scene from a long time. "He had to leave for some urgent work", Mukti informed," Is everything okay? ", Manik asked to which Mukti replied positively.

"Guys let's play a game till our food arrives", Alya suggested and everyone agreed. "Okay so someone will say a word and the person sitting next to him or her will tell the word which came to their mind after listening to it and why . Okay? ", Alya cheerfully explained the rules and then the game began.

Alya started with the word "Food", "Malhotra brothers. The biggest foodies", Dhruv said, "Abhi... Isn't it too obvious ", Mukti told, "Cheese... Because everything related to Abhi is cheesy ", Manik joked, "Grilled cheese sandwiches...my favorite ", Cabir told licking his lips imagining it, "Mumbai airport... You have the best cheese sandwich there", Navya told,"London...just came from there", Aryaman said, "Memories... Because I lived in London for a long time". It was Nandini's turn and the word was memories. She smiled to herself and looked into Manik's eyes, who was already looking at her, "Flowers...because for me memory is stored in flowers".

Nothing. Nothing could have made Manik happier than this. For the first time Manik felt that finally he has got inside that wall which Nandini made around herself. That twinkle in his eyes was a clear proof of his happiness. "Garden... Because obviously flowers are in a garden", Alya said, " School... My school had the best garden", told Dhruv, "The last year in school...it was the most memorable one", said Mukti remembering those days, "Farewell...how can I even not relate these two words", Manik said as if visualizing it in front of his eyes.

(P. S. Any words about your farewell. Any memories? I wanna know because I have my farewell in next 5 6 days.)

"Tuxedo... We wore that on our farewell", said Cabir, "Promposal... The school I studied in had prom night and we used to get promposal ", told Navya, " Paris... For the first time I saw a real life proposal there", Aryaman laughed, "Love... Paris is the city of love", Ammu said. As soon as these words escaped Ammu's mouth the first word that came to Nandini was, "Ma... ", her voice trailed off as she realized what she was going to say. Her eyes widened at the thought of it and her heart beats became rapid. She couldn't believe it . "Manik", her conscious screamed only her mouth couldn't speak it.

Manik who was very excited to know Nandini's answer to this word, suddenly had his heart beating in his mouth on heating those words from her mouth. For a moment he thought that she took his name but then realized that maybe she said something else.

Only Manik paid attention to her words because their food has arrived just then and all the focus shifted to it from Nandini. She thanked her stars for it. The rest of the lunch went smoothly without any event taking place.

It was time to leave and everyone came down to the parking lot. Before leaving, Ammu came to Nandini and hugged Nandini bidding her bye. The same suit was followed by everyone while Manik and Aryaman took the backseat enjoying the ecstatic look on Nandini's face at this reception. "Thank you for taking out time and coming just for our sake", Mukti said after hugging her. "No Mukti. I really enjoyed with you all. I should be the one saying thanks. Mukti to be honest with you I was an introvert at school and never had any such friend circle just Aryaman and Dhruv. It was the first time I kind of had a real 'hangout'", Nandini told her. "Oh is it? No worries then. Now that I know this I will plan just girls hangout often with you ", Mukti said holding Nandini's hand and both the ladies giggled. After their short conversation everyone left to their respective houses leaving behind Manik Nandini and Aryaman.

Nandini looked at Manik who was smiling on seeing the swiftly changing equations between the two important aspects of his life. Friends cum family and Love. "Bye Manik", said Nandini and turned to sit in the car. A wave of current passed through Nandini as she felt her wrists getting encaged by someone's hands. Ofcourse she knew who it was. She steadily turned to look at the only person capable of giving her a rapid heart beat attack.

Manik was fully aware of the impact of his move. He choose not to tell anything to Nandini but let her assume things from his smile. He instead talked to Aryaman, "Arya can I whizz you sister away with me? ", Manik waited to get his permission. Isn't the moment aww-dorable? How lucky she is that the man who loves her is trying to take her family long with him? Aryaman bowed down dramatically in front of him giving his acceptance.

Manik was still holding onto her hand and took her to his car. "Manik where are we going? ", Nandini asked him with a smile still on her face. Manik didn't reply so she let him guide her. Nandini was not a personality who let's someone take control over her, but when she's with Manik, her sense refuse to do their work. Her body and soul wants to be controlled by Manik's love. She had full faith in him that he won't let something happen to her and will keep her fragile soul hidden from the outer world with utmost care possible.

She even stopped questioning him and sat comfortably in his car, looking at scenery around. Manik as per his habit turned the music in the car on. The song which was being played made Nandini questoni Manik again. "From where are you getting these selected songs? All the songs that you are playing now a days were once my favorites ", said Nandini. She had no idea about the conversation which took place between Manik and Aryaman that day. Nonetheless she focused on the song, sitting back and relaxing with her eyes closed. She was softly humming the tune. Manik was closely observing her from a few days.  He could see that Nandini was now much more comfortable around music than what she was few days back. Manik was happy with these small small victories. He also carefully listened to the song.

*Bolna from Kapoor and sons by Arijit Singh*

Chhuteya na chhute mose
Rang tera dholna
Ik tere baajo dooja
Mera koi mol na
Bolna mahi bolna
Bolna mahi bolna

Tere liye aaya main toh
Tere sang jaana
Dholna ve tere naal
Jindri bitavaan

Kadi naiyo chhodna
Ishq di dor na
Sare chhad jaayen maahi
Tu na chhodna
Bolna mahi bolna
Bolna mahi bolna

Tere sang hasna main
Tere sang rona
Tujhme hi rehna main
Tujhme hi khona

Dil mein chhupa ke tujhe
Dil naiyo kholna
Marke bhi maahi tosey
Munh na modna
Bolna mahi bolna
Bolna mahi bolna

Chhuteya na chhoote mose
Rang tera dholna
Ik tere baajo dooja
Mera koi mol na
Bolna maahi bol na (bol na)
Bolna maahi bol na (mahi bol na)

How ironic was the song right? Just a few minutes back Nandini refused to speak her heart out and now she was listening to this song.

As the song ended their ride too ended. Nandini looked out of the window and squeaked a little in excitement, "Beach! ". Manik smiled and replied to her, " I brought you here to give you a feel of solitude. You,  me, music of the waves and this beautiful sunset". Manik had driven to the most secluded beach he knew about so that there is no one to disrupt their time.

He opened the door for her and stretched out his hands for her which she took without thinking twice. Manik certainly noticed that willingness in Nandini which has completely replaced hesitancy.

She put her heel clad feet on the sand and started to walk beside Manik. The scene in front of her was beauty amplified to infinity. The sky had wrapped itself in an orange blanket whereas the sun looked as if will be swallowed by the sea. The calmness of sea took them to an altogether different level.

The orange hue which was reflecting on Nandini's face and glistening in her eyes was bewitching for Manik. It was becoming impossible for him to remove his eyes from Nandini's beauty and admire the nature's beauty.

Nandini was walking in heels on sand and the inevitable was bound to happen and it happened. Nandini disbalanced a little due to it and landed straight on the sand. It happened too quickly for Manik to realize. (The boy doesn't romantically hold your waist every time you fall in real life😜😜)

Instead of feeling embarrassed about it Nandini started to laugh out loudly still sitting on sand. Manik who expected a totally different reaction was shocked on seeing Nandini like that. Though he was surprised it didn't stop him from adoring those pearls of laughter from Nandini. "I am so sorry Nandini ", said Manik. "Why are you sorry Manik? Come sit here", she said patting the sand beside her. Manik took the place she asked him to. "Don't be sorry Manik. It's not your movie set where every time the girl falls a boy will come and hold her. It doesn't happen in real life", Nandini was symbolically talking and Manik was easily understanding the symbolism behind.

"Then what happens in real life Nandini? ", Manik asked in stupor. "In reality we fall Manik. You know what, when the world sees a girl falling na it thinks that she needs a man to get up and rebuild but it's not like that. We don't need a man to rebuild us. We need a reason to rebuild ourselves and when we get it no one can stop our journey ahead", she concluded. He asked the most obvious question, "What about you Nandini? Do you have the reason to rebuild yourself? ".

Nandini didn't answer in words this, she instead kept her tiny fingers in Manik's plan indicating who her reason to rebuild was.

The peace of the sea had turned the moment little hot for both of them. The hand that Nandini had extended was held protectively by Manik. He brought her hand closer to his lips. Sensing his hot breath on her hand Nandini turned towards Manik to witness him waiting to take her eyes in a trance. He kissed her hand softly while keeping a shivering eye lock with Nandini. He shifted a little towards her and she repeated it, surprised on her own self. Manik's affinity had made her forget about their status. She didn't care about those unmasked feelings for Manik inside her. She didn't care about those hidden feelings she has seen in Manik's eyes. She didn't care if they were in a relationship or were still unnamed because in that moment she just wanted to live it.

Manik's hand went around her back to capture her waist. Making gentle patterns on her waist , the touch was giving giddy feels to Nandini. It lead to a small moan escaping her mouth. The laboured breaths and brisk heaving of their chest gave all the indications. She surrendered herself to Manik who was more than ready to handle her. She placed her head on his chest, as she was too short for him. Nandini let her hands go around Manik's waist while he put his free hand on her forearms. Manik gently kissed the top of her head as she snuggled in more into his chest. She felt the need to let down her guard. Her soul screamed again, "This is it. This is your home. This is your peace".

She felt it. She knew it just then. She could see it in his eyes and feel it in her own soul. This was different. This was her solitude. This was her peace. This is maybe what is called love.

Hiiii guysss!!! I'm back. Okay so I'm not sure if I will be able to give another update soon. This maybe the last one in a few months till 6 of March.

Nandini has realized her feelings for Manik. Will she confess it to him? Is this the advent to forever? Are there no hurdles left? Stay tuned to know.

Next only after 70+ votes and 15+ comments. Show your love ❣️❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 126K 200
2.4M 113K 94
~ A STORY BY MANINI MEHRA ~ Always in top 10 list ! Want to know what the relationship of a husband and wife is all about? Well you have laid your ey...
273K 28.8K 101
hey guys....finally am back with another story...... this is gonna be truely a cute romantic and ambitious story of a 16 year old bubbly girl studyin...
488K 49.8K 83
Join in to witness Manik and Nandini strive through the challenges thrown by life. It's all about them growing individually and growing as a couple...