Playing With Fire || Nathan S...

By jellyyayri

Rose and Nathan's love was like playing with fire. Rose was a delicate flower that needed protection. She wa... More

Playing With Fire
Epigraph
*New Main Cast*
Rose's Family Tree
Pilot
Are You True?
Crash Into You
All That You Can't Leave Behind
Every Night is Another Story
Life in a Glass House
The Search for Something More
With Arms Outstretched
With Arms Outstretched Part Two
You Gotta Go There to Come Back
The Living Years
Crash Course in Polite Conversations
Hanging by a Moment
I Shall Believe
Suddenly Everything Has Changed
The First Cut is the Deepest
Spirit in the Night
To Wish Impossible Things
How To Get Emancipated From Your Parents

The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most

2.2K 38 4
By jellyyayri

Rose was at Karen's cafe with Haley and Keith.......

They all were waiting for Karen so they could go to Lucas's first game.

"Karen! You ready to go?" Keith asks as they all stand waiting for her.

"Oh. I'm not going. I decided to stay open. I could use the business."Karen replies shrugging her shoulders.

"You talk to Luke about this?" Keith asks.

"No, but he'll understand," Karen says.

"Karen.." Keith starts but Rose cuts him off. "She doesn't want to go. She doesn't want to see her high school sweetheart slash your brother Dan slash the jerk who abandoned Lucas slash the father of Nathan, the team's star player. We should not force her if she does not want to go Let's go." Keith and Haley both look at Rose before stepping back.

"I think you're making a mistake," Keith says to Karen before the three of them leave the cafe and make their way to the game.

*****

Haley, Rose, and Keith find a seat as they walk up the bleachers of the school's gym. "Keith!"Dan calls out."Hey. Finally came to see your nephew play, huh, big brother?"

"Yeah. I guess you can say that."Keith says. Dan move to Rose and Haley, "Rose you have grown up. The last time I saw was when you came to my house with your dad."

"Yeah. It's nice to see you again after so many years Mr. Scott."Rose said shyly. Even though Rose hated her dad every time some mentioned him she gets all sacred. Dan smiles and nods hello to Heley and walks away. Once he was gone Haley grabbed Rose's arm making sure she was ok.

******

"Hey," Rose said as she walked into her house. Lucas played terribly and scored no points and when he didn't get any better after half time Whitey benched him for the rest of the game. However, the Ravens won the game by 15 points.

"How did it go ?"Nikki asked

"Lucas played terribly and scored no points. Eventually, he got benched and Revan won by 15 points."

"How is Luke."

"I don't know. He left before I could get the chance to talk to him." Rose said to her mom.

"I see."

"Good Night mom," Rose said kissing her mom's cheek.

"Good night sweetie." Rose smiled at her before walking to her room. Rose get dressed and into PJ and went to sleep.

*****

It was Monday and Rose was in English class which was kind of awkward for Rose considering she sits beside Lucas, who sits behind Lucas, while Rose sits in front of Nathan's girlfriend, Peyton, or also know as Lucas's crush since forever.

"You know, early in his career, Hemmingway was frustrated. He was a good writer who wanted to be great, and eventually, he discovered that less was more."Mr. Kelly says ." Payton. Describe Lucas in one word."

Peyton starts at Lucas and says. "Choke"

Everyone in the class laugh except Lucas and Rose. It was not funny, it was rude. Rose knew if Mr.Kelly asked her to say something about Peyton she would say something just as she did for Lucas.

"Okay, be quiet, please. Thank you. Lucas, care to reason and describe Miss. Sawyer?" Mr.Kelly asks.

"Lonely." Lucas says and Rose smiles as the class "ooh's"

"Okay, be quiet please," Mr.Kelly says.

"Nathan Scott. Describe Miss Song in one word. Mar. Kelly says and Natha turns and looks at Rose, Rose shift uncomfortably.

"Sexy."Nathan says with a smirk and Rose blushes as the class "ooh's and whistles" and Lucas stares at Nathan angerly.

"Calm down, Students!"Mr.Kelly says and the class eventually gets quit again. "Okay then... Miss Song care to respond to Mr. Sc.." says but Nathan cuts him off.

"I can describe Lucas in one word as well... Bastard."Nathan says and the class "ooh" again.

" Alright, alright, alright, alright." Mr. Kelly says, trying to calm the class, but Lucas was not having it and jumps out of his chair and attacks Nathan. Rose jumps out of her seat in shock as hse almost gets hit by Lucas. After a little bit of hassling Mr. Kelly eventually gets Lucas off of Nathan and sends them both to the office.

*****

It was not after school and Haley and Rose were playing a game of miniature golf when Luke comes onto the rooftop cafe.

"Any side effects?"Haley asks and Rose laughs. Knowing where this was going.

"From what?"Lucas asked confused.

"Your amnesia," Haley replies.

"What are you talking about?"Lucas asked confused as to what Haley was asking him.

"She's talking about yo not remembering to tell her about you and Nathan's little fight. I might I add you almost hit me." Rose replied.

"You told her? And sorry." Lucas said looking at Rose.

"She didn't have to tell me anything. It's all around the school."Haley says and Lukcas breather heavily. "Are you okay, Luke?"Hale asks him.

"Yeah."Lucas starts. "You ever wake up from a really good dream and try to get back to sleep? Or you got the flu and you promise yourself that you'd appreciate normal so much more if you could just get back to it."

"Yeah."

"That's the way I feel. I just want things to go back to the way they were." Lucas says.

"With basketball?"Rose asks.

"With Everything."

******

It was a few days later and Rose was back in English class

"Okay, we're going to try our little Hemingway project again. But in order to avoid a bar fight, we're going to do it on paper. Now you don't have to put your names on these. Simply write one word, one single word, to describe what you want most in your life right now." Mr. Kelly says as he hands out the paper.

Rose thinks hard and writes on her paper 'Revgen'. She really wanted revenge on her dad for he did to her mom but most importantly her mom.

*****

It was after school and Haley Rose and Lucas were at the River Court. Lucas was attempting to shoot the ball into the hoop but misses and looks at Rose.

"It was one bad game Luke," Rose says.

"She right you know, "Haley adds.

"Hails, Ro this more than just one bad game," Luke says.

"Try again," Rose says, getting to the ball and throwing it to him as a car pulled up.

Lucas attempts again, only to miss as Nathan walks over and grabs the ball.

"It's like this," Nathan says and he shoots the ball and it goes in the hoop easily.

"You can't do it, can you? That's beautiful. I always wondered about it? We all do, right? What happens when it's gone? But see, I've never seen anybody lose it. Like really lose it... until now." Nathan says and he passes the ball to Lucas. "Go ahead, man. Prove me wrong."

"I don't have to prove anything to you, "Lucas says.

"That's pathetic. And it's too bad, really. I mean, I was looking forward to taking you down slowly, but now? Hell, what's the point? You already know it's over."Nathan says walking away."I'd say see you at practice, but we both know you're not going to be there. Why humiliate yourself, right?"Nathan calls out.

As he walks away. Lucas throws the ball and hits Nathan's car instead of Nathan.

Nathan turns around. "You missed." Says Nathan with a laugh and Rose takes off her shoes and throws it Nathan hitting him the face.

"What the hell!"Nathan yells out.

"What the hell is your  problem?" Rose asks him walking up to him. At the moment she did not care if she was about to yell at the boy she liked all that matter right now was begin there for Lucas. She did not care that at that moment her heart began to beat super fast.

"What do  you mean?" Nathan asks as he walks up to Rose putting his arms around her waist bringing to his cheat as he looked down at her.

"I mean you begin an ass for no reason," Rose says pushing Nathan away from her.

"No reason?" The guy always hitting on my girlfriend."Nathan says.

"Like you care." Rose starts. "You're so busy flirting with anything that has boobs. I'm surprised  she hasn't left you yet." Rose says coldly. Nathan looks shocked but covers it up before Nathan and Haley sees and walks to his care dring away.

Once he was gone Rose fell to the ground holding her chest. She could not breathe.

"Rose!" Haley yelled running over to her best friend.

"Hey, it's ok breath," Haley said taking Rose in arms. Lucas walked up to Hayle and Rose and he took Rose and took her to his mom's cafe. Rose was never someone who could stand up for herself. Her dad was the one who stood up for her. When she did it took a toll on her because she was not used to it and because of her weak heart.

******

It was the next day Rose, Haley and Lucas were currently walking the streets talking.

"Did you ever figure out your porn name?" Haley asks.

"What are you talking about?"Rose asks confused.

Your porn name. Um, you know, you take the name of your first pet and your mother's maiden name and you put them together. What was the name of your first pet?"Haley says.

"You know that. I had a dog named Rocket."

"Oh, Rocket! Ah! I loved Rocket. So your mother's maiden name is Roe. Rocket Roe! Nice."Haley exclaimed.

"What about you Rose?"Lukes asking turning to me.

"I used to have pomsky named Jia," Rose said looking at Lucas and Haley.

"Ok, so your mom's maiden name was Song. Jia Song!"Haley said with too much excitement.

"What's yours?"Luke asks her.

"Uh, oh, I had a bunny, named Bunny."

"You had a Bunny named Bunny?" Rose asked Haley raising her eyebrows.

"Yes, I did. And my mother's maiden name is Beaugard. So... Nice

"Bunny Beaugard" Luke and Rose say together.

"Bunny Beaugard," Haley says again.

"Dawson's Freak. Starring Rocket Jia Song and Bunny Beaugard."

"Nice, "Luke says.

"Shut up!" Haley says walking away.

"Hey, um, this game tonight. You're not playing anymore..."Haley asks Luke.

"No. You know I've never walked away from anything before, guys?"Luke says.

"Yeah."Rose and Haley say together.

******

It was Friday and it was game night. Rose was sitting Karen and Keith waiting to see if Lucas was going to show up. Even though Lucas told her and Haley that he was not walking away a part of her could not help but think that he had changed his mind. Rose watches as Karne and Dan lock eyes. Rose looked at him and he looked shocked and from what Rose could see on his face is here was possibly maybe still in love with her or something.

The team comes out and Rose grabs Karen's hand as they wait to see if Lucas is going to come out with the team. Luke comes running out and says something to Peyton before following the rest of the team.

Lucas over to the bleacher to see Rose with his mom he winks at her and jogs to the bench. When he does Rose can see he's ripped the name of the jersey. Now there is simply a black rectangle where the name Scott should be. Rose looks over to Karen and two shares a smile Rose rolls eyes knowing that this is something Luke would do. Things just got interesting and Rose was ready for it.

Disclaimer: I don't own One Tree Hill, I own all the characters I bring in. There will probably be spelling mistakes and things might make sense but I am trying my best to improve. I hope you like this book!

Copyright © 2020 by MJacob824| MICHELLE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 54.8K 101
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
457K 13.7K 97
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
90.1K 806 13
I accidentally summoned a tentacle monster in the middle of the night. He wants to show me why eight arms are better than two. I said yes, and now I...
118K 13.9K 21
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...