start again | steve harrington

By siriuslyblacklol

˜"*°•.˜"*°• to begin to do something again, sometimes in a different way •°*"˜.•°*"˜ [ steve harrington x the... More

synopsis
cast + playlist
aesthetic
act one
prologue
01 | we're over
02 | not my kind of fun
03 | it's bullshit
04 | no promises, batman
05 | pretty please?
06 | she's not my girlfriend
07 | purely platonic
08 | love makes you crazy
09 | i've never wanted you more
10 | you could've died!
11 | night vision
12 | why the hell do you have a gun in your bag?!
13 | was I distracting you?
14 | truce?
15 | boyfriend?
16 | you betcha
act two
17 | a whole new man
19 | we live in hawkins, not flippin' new york
20 | because i'm in love with you!
21 | let me out you bitch!
22 | as cool as tom riddle
23 | i don't speak russian!
24 | i will always be here
25 | you sound like a muppet

18 | hard about my sister

2.5K 98 32
By siriuslyblacklol

HARD ABOUT MY SISTER
also known as: chapter two - the mall rats

Silver dug into her free ice cream which she shared with Steve as Dustin described his girlfriend. Steve popped one of the cherries in her mouth, raising an eyebrow incredulously. "Hotter than Phoebe Cates? I don't believe it." Silver chuckled, nodding her head. "That's what I said." she muttered, flicking a bit of ice cream at her younger brother, who nodded a bit too enthusiastically. "Brilliant too. And she doesn't even care that my real pearls are coming in. She even said kissing is better without teeth."

Steve tried is best not to laugh as Silver pulled a disgusted look on her face, pushing the ice cream away. "Way to kill my appetite, dude. Make sure I'm not eating when you talk about your romantic endeavours." Dustin ignored his sister's comment, digging into Silver's leftovers. "So you really get to eat as much ice cream as you want?" Steve nodded, still in shock about Dustin's supposed girlfriend. "Yeah, but you know, I can't, need to keep fit for the ladies." Steve glanced at Silver, who stared at the table with a frown on her face.

"Yeah, and how's that working out for you?" Robin butted in, sweeping the floor near their table. Steve groaned, dismissing her with his hand. "Ignore her." Dustin shrugged, looking at her. "She seems cool." Steve shook his head, as a ghost of a smile appeared on his face. "Yeah, much cooler than you, Batman."

"She's not." he replied, as Silver nudged him with her shoulder. "By the way, I'm going to share my glory with you." Steve frowned at the younger Henderson. "Glory? What glory?" Dustin looked around, making sure nobody was listening, before hiding his mouth behind his hand and muttered something. Steve and Silver looked at each other amused, raising their eyebrows. "Just spit it out already."

"I intercepted a secret Russian communication!" a few people turned to look at them weirdly before going to mind their own business. Silver rolled her eyes at her young brother, unimpressed. "So?" Dustin stared at her shocked, surprised she wasn't impressed. "So? We get to be American heroes!" Steve leaned in, interested on what he said. "What's the catch?" Dustin shook his head, pulling a book out of his bag. "No catch. I just need help with translation."

Silver cleared her throat, standing up as the boys looked at her. "Well, as you morons translate Russian, I'm gonna go hand with Kacey." Steve frowned, looking up at her. "Kacey Milgreeves?" Silver nodded, confused. "Yeah, you know her?" Steve scoffed. "Know her? She works in the rival ice cream parlour across the mall." Steve slumped in his seat, resting his head on his arms. "Can't believe you're friends with the enemy." she raised an eyebrow, a stoic look on her face before she cracked a smile.

"Gee, Steve-y, I wasn't aware you were so dedicated to your job." Steve turned a soft red, trying to hide a smile as he rolled his eyes at the girl he pinned for. "I'm passionate about things I like. That includes you." he tossed a wink at her, as it was Silver's turn to turn red, avoiding his gaze as Steve leaned back, swiping his hair out of his face. Dustin rolled his eyes, looking between the two with a slight smirk on his face, knowing it was only a matter of time before these two got together.

"Well, I must be off. Please stay out of trouble." Steve pretended to consider Silver's request, a playful grin on his face. "Can't promise anything." She scoffed, muttering under her breath, giving Dustin a hug before kissing Steve on the cheek, watching his face heat up once again. "Don't miss me too much." she winked at him as she started to walk away. "Oh, we won't." Steve replied at her, as she looked back playfully.

"Yeah, I can tell by the blush on your face." Steve groaned, turning even redder as he realised she had won that round. He watched her walk away, not realising Robin was leaning on a brush behind him and Dustin. "You two couldn't be more obvious." Dustin pocked him, slurping his ice cream down. Steve shook his head, not realising a soft smile was written on his face. "It's not like that."

Robin scoffed behind him, nearly giving him a heart attack as she raised her eyebrows. "Yeah, tell that to your little hard-on friend down there." Dustin chocked on his ice cream, a disgusted look on his face as Steve groaned as he shooed Robin away, trying to hide his private buddy. "I can't believe you get hard thinking about my sister!" Dustin pretended to be sick, shaking his head at Steve who avoided his gaze.

"Believe it? Start getting used to it. Just imagine how many wet dreams he's had about your sister!"

Silver parked her car, grinning at Kacey through the little mirror as she sat in the back, reapplying her lip gloss, smacking her lips together. She turned her head, watching her friend cross her arms over her chest as she smirked. "I'll be right back and then we'll go get lunch." Kacey nodded, twirling a bit of her black hair around her finger. "You owe me lunch, you know." Silver rolled her eyes, nodding as she switcher her car off before pulling the keys out.

"That's why we're going to the cheapest place possible." she closed the door, leaning against the window were Kacey looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "And you're not getting a salad." Silver walked away, hearing her friend protest from where she stood, opening the glass door and walking up the stairs, leaning her hand on the dusty railing. She heard loud male laughter as she walked in the small office, an awkward smile as she adjusted her bag on her shoulder.

One of the men watched her walk in, taking his glasses off as he looked her up and down. "Need anything, sweetie?" Silver scowled, pushing by him as she stopped by a table, making the worker look up at her. "Silver, hey...what are you doing here?" she leaned against the table, looking at her nails as the oldest Byers looked up at her. "Me and your girlfriend Nance are going to go and have lunch."

He raised his eyebrows, leaning back in his chair as he smiled at his best friend. "And I'm not invited? I'm offended, Henderson." she bit out a laugh, a pearly smile flashing as she cocked her head sideways. "If you're not invited it's because we're going to talk about you." it was Jonathan's turn to laugh, shaking his head as he continued cleaning his camera. "So, where is she?"

"Bathroom." Silver nodded, looking around as she scrunched her nose in disgust at the smell of fried food and donuts. She played with her car keys, deep in thought, before nodding. "Right." she muttered, bringing Jonathan's curious eyes back up to her. "Tell her I'll be waiting in my car."

Soon, Silver, Nancy and Kasey had finished their lunch and were laughing over a few drinks. Silver wiped her mouth with one of the fancy handkerchief, biting her lip as she looked at the two girls bonding over the unfair treatment they got from men at work. "So why don't you quit Nance?" the girl sighed, her blue eyes looking at Silver as a tired smile made its way on her face. "I would but I need this job for college." Silver nodded, stirring the straw in her drink before Kacey swatted her hand, making her look up.

"Girl, don't make me spit it out of you." Kacey softened her tone, a worried glaze over her eyes. "What's bothering you?" Silver licked her lips, her eyes flickering away as she hesitated. "I...applied for college in Illinois." the two girls gaped at her surprised. "You're serious? That's amazing Silver!" Nancy gushed, clapping her hands as her curls bounced on her small face. "We would be able to attend together and even be roommates." Silver blushed, flattered at the girl's enthusiasm.

"I have to get accepted first." she scoffed, dismissing her with her hand as she sipped her drink. "I don't doubt you will." Nancy paused, looking back up before adding "What about Steve? Does he know you applied?" Silver shook his head, but before she could answer, Kacey butted in. "So? He's not her boyfriend, and even if he was, he doesn't control her actions." Nancy laughed, raising an high-five to Kacey. "Damn right Kace." the three girls giggled, sighing before leaning back in their chairs. "You could take a part time job with me, Silver." Kacey offered, as Silver shuddered at the thought.

"Steve gives me enough sass for hanging out with the 'enemy'." she said, air quoting the word enemy with her fingers as she chuckled amused. Silver looked at Nancy, interrupting her before she had a chance to speak. "And don't offer to work at yours, Nance. That place is full of sexist pigs. Apart from Jonathan, of course." Kacey popped the gum in her mouth, before adding "You know, they've got an open part-time spot as a lifeguard at the public pool."

Silver quirked an eyebrow, locking her hands together. "Why? You'd think someone would have taken that job already." Kacey hesitated, looking at Nancy before adding anything. "The girl, Heather, well...she went missing." Nancy cleared her throat, noticing Silver's pale face. "But I'm sure it has nothing to do with the job. I mean, who has anything against a lifeguard?"

Silver cocked her head, considering what they were saying as she lifted her hand, ordering the bill. "Well, I guess it can't be too bad."

i'm sooo sorry i took so
long to upload
i know it seems a excuse
but i truly ran out of
ideas and motivation

i've been reading other
steve fanfics to get some
inspo and now in quarantine
i'll upload more

also i was re-reading comments
in this book and i'm really
thankful for all your votes, reads
and comments

fun fact!
watching season 2
of how to get away
with murder

15 VOTES UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.2K 2.9K 19
No reason is needed for loving. Steve Harrington / oc © aquamcnti 2022
158K 4.6K 14
WHEN YOU REQUIRE A MIRACLE, TRUST IN A WITCH. Nancy Wheeler / Stranger Things Completed. Super Cringe but I'm not editing it 🤷🏽‍♀️ Formerly titl...
489K 13.9K 22
「𝗗𝗔𝗠𝗔𝗚𝗘𝗗 𝗚𝗢𝗢𝗗𝗦」❝damaged goods, fuck, that has a nice ring to it❞ Started: July 22, 2019 Finished: July 28, 2019 (STEVE HARRINGTON X OC) (...
134K 2.3K 62
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 . . . the 007 escapes to a new world and befriends a strange group of teenagers who on...