ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanficti...

By Iris270902_

[Under editing] Anam Cara : A person with whom you can share your deepest thoughts, fears and feeling. ... More

• Nandini Murthy •
• Manik Malhotra •
1. A Tune that Struck
2. Tangled Cords
3. Negotiations
4. Cupids
5. Frustration & Feelings
6. Mending with a Thread
7. An Eventful Evening
8. Locked Away
9. Bending To His Will
10. Shattering Prejudices
11. "She Is A Mystery!"
12. Poking The Tigress
13. Pulling The Breaks
chapter 15 : Imagination
chapter 16 : Preparations
chapter 17 : My Buddy
chapter 18: Manan Missing??
chapter 19: Drunken Moments
chapter 20 : Aftereffects
chapter 21 : Surprises And Shocks.
chapter 22 : Love Story
chapter 23: The Bachelor's
chapter 24: Ammu
chapter 25 : Past By The Sea
Chapter 26: I Am With You
chapter 27 : Stalking Him
Chapter 28 :Forlorn Lanes
Chapter 29 : The Escape.
Chapter 30 : Realization Hits!
Chapter 31: #Muku ka Abhi
Chapter 32: The Family Brunch
Chapter 33 : Unofficially Official
Chapter 34 : Indirect Confession
Chapter 35: The Language of Love
Chapter 36: Growing Relations
Chapter 37: Ray of Hope
Chapter 38: Mantra For Life
Chapter 39 : Misson Is On.
Chapter 40: A Whole New World
Chapter 41: Sanam Mere Sanam
Chapter 42: One Time Wonder
Chapter 43: The Fab 5
Happy New Year!!!
Chapter 44 : Coupling
Chapter 46: A Day Out
Chapter 47: Sunset And You
Chapter 48 : Re-living
Chapter 49: Goodbyes
Chapter 50: Without You...
Chapter 51: Tashan
PROMO
Chapter 52 : The Begining of US
Chapter 53: The Night of Love
Chapter 54 : Flowers for You
Chapter 55: Will you be my date?
Chapter 56: Understanding Manik
Chapter 57 : My Metanoia
Chapter 58 : Badimaa
Chapter 59 : The Charity Gala
Chapter 60 : Broken
Chapter 61: Bhula Dena Mujhe
Chapter 62 : THE Day
Chapter 63: Truth of The Past (1)
Chapter 63: Truth of the Past (2)
PROMO
Chapter 64: The Last Fight
Chapter 65: Forever?
(Bonus) Chapter 66: The Sea of Love
Sequal

Chapter 45: Solitude

3.2K 261 65
By Iris270902_

*unedited *

Nandini had her eyes closed and was humming the song. Her head was moving in sync with the tune, same was with the tapping of her legs. As much as Nandini was enjoying the song, Manik was enjoying the view. "This song was one of the songs which I used to play on loop. Aisa lagta tha ki mai hi gaa rahi hu ( I used to feel as if I am singing it)", said Nandini expressing her mind. There was one way blabbering going on, just from Nandini's side because Manik was silent. He wasn't saying anything because he was well aware that Nandini wants to and also HAS to empty herself. That's why he was just listening to her. Giving response in monosyllables whenever needed.

After speaking for a while Nandini realized that Manik was not speaking. She looked to her side and found him wordlessly staring at her with all the love he has for her, still Nandini couldn't see through. It is said that a person who is sleeping can be woken up but a person pretending to be asleep can not be woken. Similarly, a person pretending not to need love can't be forced to see someone's love.

"Tum Mujhe roz ek gaana suna ke hi rahoge naa (You'll make me listen to a song everyday right) ", said Nandini looking into Manik's eyes. Manik shrugged his shoulders smiling at her and Nandini returned the smile.

Looking at the sky, Nandini started speaking, "I don't think so it is going to work. The wounds that have caused so much pain won't heal so easily. ", she was voicing her opinion in the same pessimistic approach , but Manik was Manik. He can find positivity in the darkest of times," Look Nandini, even I'm unsure if it will work out or no but we have nothing to loose. You cannot be more wounded that what you are, so I have a win win situation. I don't feel there is any harm in it," explained Manik. As always, Manik's eyes touched something in Nandini and she said something she never thought she will , " I promise Manik. I understand you want me to sing and I even know that you understand how hard it is for me. I am not promising you that I will definitely sing but yes I am promising that the day I feel like singing I'll sing. I will not stop myself then because of the past memories".

Nandini was resolute and Manik was on cloud nine. Nandini was slowly changing, changing for good that too in front of Manik's eyes. There were no big changes but small drops make big oceans right. Manik has seen to what limit a woman can go when she becomes determined to achieve it. The same determination was in Nandini's eyes. She was unsure about it working out but she agreed for his sake.

"I am feeling sleepy ", said Nandini yawning. "Yeah me too. Take these medicines and sleep", Manik forwarded her a bottle of water along with few medicines. "Good Night Manik", wished Nandini , " Yeah Good Night and my dreams ", Manik wished. " You meant sweet dreams right?", asked Nandini. " Ab agar mere dreams aayenge toh vo sweet toh honge hi ( Now if you will see my dreams they will definitely be sweet)", Nandini very well understood the point behind it and said ," Manik don't you think i am not someone who is meant for flirting", Manik's eyes turned a little intense as he pulled Nandini towards him by her waist. Startled at the sudden pull Nandini crashed into his chest. Their eyes did what they are best at, took each other into an eye lock. Nandini , for the first time saw something else than unwavering determination. She could totally feel that flame of unbridled passion in his eyes. The time around them stopped for them. Manik's hand paved their way from her back to grasp her waist. That paving forced Nandini to hold her breath. His hold on her waist was not tight much but was enough to make Nandini feel goosebumps. Manik scanned her face, deeply analyzing her eyes , lips ,nose and every feature her face had. Not that he has never seen them closely, but because every time when he sees them he finds it difficult to move his eyes from them. " Tum flirting ke liye nahi Nandini , ishq ke liye bani ho aur ishq meri sehat liye accha nahi hai (You're not made for flirting Nandini you are made for love and love is not good for my health) ", as he completed , he left her waist and moved apart. (Who all understood the reference? 😉🙌My favourite movie)

As Nandini was comprehending his words, a strange heaviness gripped her heart. 'Ishq meri sehat ke liye accha nahi' just this line took rounds in her mind. What did he mean? Is he really nothing but a flirt? Why is this line hurting so much? All these questions were going around her head. Though she did not yet realise either her or his love , her heart knew it which is why it was finding it difficult to take in his words. She looked at Manik with all these questions bundling up in her heart , quite visible from her eyes. "Manik...what do you...mean?", said Nandini in a crackling teary voice, Manik on seeing her tears understood that this prank has gone too far," Hey Nandini...shhh...sorry... I did not mean it. I just played a prank i am really sorry. Please don't cry", Manik was panicking seeing tears in her eyes. He was cursing himself for trying to do that.

Gaining her senses Nandini stopped crying and wiped her tears and looked angrily at Manik. Taking the chance she grabbed his collar in her hands, pulled him to herself and glared at him. "Don't you dare play such pranks again," her voice contained such ferocity that Manik almost believed that she will kill her next time he ever tried doing it. (Isn't our Nandini a jungle Billi😂)

"Let's go it's late", announced Nandini and went towards her room. Manik wanted to follow her to her room just to be assured about her safety but owing to the just passed scenario he didn't dare go behind her. He stood at the threshold of the terrace and eyed her till she reached her room and closed the door behind her. When he was sure that she is in he too went to his room for a peace...err strainous sleep, unsure if Nandini is actually angry with him or it was momentary.

Over there, Nandini was very well aware that Manik was watching her and why, she didn't question him but smiled to herself. After closing the door, she waited for sometime and then again opened it to see if Manik was still standing there or no. Not seeing him there, she finally, closed the door and stood taking the door's support thinking ,"Pagal".

*another part of the world*

"Are you mad? ", screamed a lady at two people in front of her. "What do you think is this a Hindi daily soap where someone will die in an accident and no one will care? ", she shouted on top of her voice. "He is Manik Malhotra. He rules the heart of thousand people. He is a damn celebrity. Killing him is not easy", she held her head between her hands. "Then what should we do? ", the man asked. "We have to remove Manik anyhow from our path", the other one elaborated. "No duffers. We need Nandini and to achieve her we have to play smartly. We need to separate them not kill Manik. You are not going to do anything now. It's not a movie. It's reality where we play games from our mind. Leave it on me now. " The meeting was dispersed.

*Next morning*

Everyone was up and on the breakfast table. For the first time in 9 years Murthy Mansion was abuzz. There was hubub all around and the hall was echoing with laughter. Hari, who was in the house from last 9 years never saw so many people in the house. He being a kind hearted fellow and attached to both Manik and Nandini, was very happy seeing so many of their friends and was serving them hoping around the room.

They were waiting for their host to arrive with Manik being the most impatient. He wanted to see if she is still mad at him or not. His and everyone else's wait was over as Nandini came down the stairs smiling at everyone INCLUDING Manik. He heaved a sigh of relief.

Nandini was looking office ready. Cabir asked, "Where are you off to Nandini? " , it was then that Manik noticed her attire. "Office Cabir", Nandini replied casually as if it's nothing much. "What!?", almost screamed Manik ," What what? ", replied Nandini. "Nandini you're not well you're not going anywhere ", Manik told her, "Manik two days of best rest are over I need to go now", Manik twitched his eyebrows calculating if she's right. She indeed was right. "Why do you have to go? ", whinned Manik just like a child. "What do you mean by why? I have work Manik. Commitments to follow. There are so many desgins pending, I have promised so many people dress designed specially by me, I can't keep sitting here naa", Nandini explained as if explaining to a stubborn kid. "But Nandini it isn't that important. Aryaman gave me your responsibility to me and if something happens to you what will I tell him? ", Manik said. "Okay so this is the problem. I'll solve it right away. If ever I feel even slight discomfort or any problem I'll call you and you can come to me. Okay? ", Nandini gave him the best possible solution. Though Manik was not fully convinced he said, "Okay but I have a condition... Please let me drop you" , Nandini decided to accept this condition.

While this whole conversation was going on between the two, everyone was a mute spectator to it. All of them had huge smiles on their faces. Manik was of caring nature but never before he showed such care for anyone. The Fab 5 had always wished that Manik gets a girl just like he wants. On seeing Nandini, they were sure that their this wish was going to come true soon. "Nandini you're going to office but we made a plan to go to shopping. All of us ", said Alya cutely pouting. "Alya I haven't shopped in years", Nandini said. As soon as these words came out of her mouth hell broke loose on the girls, all together screamed, "WHAT? ", the boys along with Nandini covered their ears in the fear that their drums may burst. "Easy girls easy, I am a designer remember, I wear only my desgins ", Nandini tried reminding them. "So what Nandini? You should still shop. It's like therapy ", said Navya while Cabir made a horrible face. Before the girl gang could pounce further on her she announced, "Okay okay relax I'll finish my work early and join you guys by four. Is it okay? ", The four of them nodded in agreement.

After an hour, Manik and Nandini were cruising around the streets of Mumbai with Manik driving. Nandini was continually looking outside then at Manik. By looking at his face she understood something was going on inside that unstoppable brain of his. "After dropping me you are going to that promotional event which you had to attend", Nandini told him. "Which event? I don't have any event", Manik replied. "Manik I know you are invited to the opening ceremony of the new Tissot showroom. You're their brand ambassador for India", Nandini gave an insight to him. Rolling his eyes Manik said to him but a little louder, "Agar aisa hi raha toh Kuch din mein Maddy ko kaam se nikalana padega. Yahi meri pa ban jayegi (If it goes like this then very soon I'll have to remove Maddy. She will become my pa) . Nandini supressed her smile and said, " PA toh nahi but haan personal designer jarur ban sakti hu ( I can not be your PA but I can be your personal designer)  she winked mischievously at him while Manik hit his head.

After being silent for a while Nandini again asked Manik, "Manik, by today afternoon Arya will be back from London and you will go back home", Manik heard her and replied, "Hmm. So". She looked at him and raising her eyebrows repeated, "So? ", Manik mimicked the same action and said, "so...? ", getting irritated she said, "Kya so so laga rakha hai (what is this so so?)". Manik who was just teasing her said,"You only started it". "Fine. I started it. But now tell me what about your plan? You will not be there everyday ", Nandini told him getting a bit overboard. "Why are you so concerned? You toh think it won't work out right? ", Manik increased her agony. She prefered to keep quite and not answer his question simply because she had no answer to it. She herself didn't know why she was desperately wanting his plan to work. "I'll manage don't worry", Manik told her. "How?" , came her direct question, "I will take you away from this chaotic world to the realm of solitude where only me and you along with music exist", Manik told her. Nandini gave him her infamous lopsided smile and said, "Manik these things are just fantasies and nothing else. Solitude doesn't exist. No one is happy or in solitude. Everyone is chasing is something or the other. Humans don't have time for humanity and you're talking about solitude ", hearing this Manik countered, "I appreciate your practicality Nandini but I don't fully agree with you. Yes humans are forgetting humanity. Everywhere there is rat race and chaos but still solitude exists. It exists in love Nandini. It exists in passion. When you love a person Nandini, her everything gives you peace and quietude. You'll find tranquility in small little thing of hers. Her eyes will give you peace, her smile will be a source of happiness ,even the sound of her breath and heartbeat can give you a taste of calm. It does exist Nandini, but to see it you need to experience pure, unfiltered and genuine love". He basically presented in front of Nandini the world through his eyes which have the spectacle of optimism and positivity every time.

Rest of the ride was quite from both sides. Neither Nandini nor Manik spoke. Nandini was again thinking about his words, they didn't make sense to her as of now. She has never felt solitude in someone but she badly wanted to. Yet she won't let her sub conscious make her realize her love for Manik.

*after few hours*

Nandini was in her cabin and there came a sound of her door opening and someone walking in. She turned to find Arya standing in front of her , with his luggage in his hand indicating that he came straight away from the airport. She rushed to take him in a hug but got a huge shock when she heard him say, " Nandini I never expected you to do this". His face was stern and raged. Nandini failed to understand the reason behind it.

Hellooo guysss! Surprised to see me?? Well if you'll give me such overwhelming support I'll definitely keep surprising you all. Soo here goes another episode. As the plot will reach its climax the suspense will thicken so don't get angry please rather enjoy the suspense.

Why is Aryaman angry at Nandini? What did she do? Why is someone planning to separate MaNan when they aren't even together yet? How will Manik carry on with his plan?
Stay tuned to get all your answers. 

Another question to you is does anyone of you watch Kasauti Zindagi Ki? If yes then please advice if I should watch it or no? I haven't seen a single episode of it nor do I know the storyline so throw some light.

Next chapter after 70+ votes 15+ comments. Bye bye till then enjoy 💓💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 83.7K 65
#5 in fanfiction 01/10/16 #12 in fanfiction 28/10/16 Written By Mawara Ejaz
417K 25.8K 67
BOOK ONE IN DESTINY SERIES (Completely) jo kismat mein likha hota hy wo tou hota hi hy chahy app chaho ya na chaho A proper fiction on my lovely T...
40.8K 4.7K 111
In the towns of Lucknow, ASI Samairaa Vashisht is a recently appointed officer. She has been told to train under SI Karishma Singh. What twists and t...
3.8M 207K 110
Hey guys ... !!! This is a story about how a betrayed impulsive and an arrogant Manik Malhotra starts to live his life after finding his shining armo...