Happier | BTS | [Eng]

By MinMiso93

They say that a single flapping of a butterfly's wings can cause a tornado on the other side of the Earth. Th... More

Author's note
000. Intro
00. Prologue
Part I : When the bubble pops
0 - Mondo
I - 15 MILLION WON
II - A breath of fresh air
III - The Snow Globe
IV - The bad mood
V - The symphony of emotions
VI - When unity is not strength
VII - Human again
IX - The Tradition
X - The purpose of the Universe
Map
XI - Chasing after money
XII - Hidden Beauties
-XIII - Break a leg!
-XIV- The longest way
-XV- Household scenes
-XVI- The elegant man
-XVII- Do You have any ice?
- XVIII- Terrible thingS

VIII - The art of stagnation

12 6 15
By MinMiso93

Seoul, Mondo, seventh floor

Bo Hwa had spent the morning fixing the ceiling of her room. She was lying on her bed when a beep sound resonated throughout the room. She got up lazily and looked around carefully: her desk was upside down, her English books were lying on the floor, and some tidying up in her wardrobe would be welcome.

Her computer revealed a new e-mail at exactly one twenty-five past one. She put on her glasses and sat down in front of the machine. Bo Hwa first pushed the small papers, wooden chopsticks and plastic wrappers to one side before opening her e-mail.
She had failed again. The letter explained that she had all the qualities required for the job but that she would have to move around, which was against her own principles. They even added that a person with so much potential should not be so "lazy" or "shy".

Bo Hwa took out her pocket mirror and the full view of her face gave her a horrible grimace. This is really not okay... She put the object back on the table, approached the screen, read the e-mail again and shrugged her shoulders. She would eventually find and anyway, those companies, she didn't particularly like them: travel agencies were boring, nursery schools were too noisy and she really wanted to work from home.

Bo Hwa had already found her perfect job at the beginning of the year: the company would send her documents and recordings that she had to translate, and then she would receive her pay every weekend. The salary was quite good and it was thanks to her work that the girls were able to quickly top up the money for the house. But soon afterwards, the company went bankrupt due to a leak of personal information and Bo Hwa found herself unemployed for several months. The job of interpreter at home was chic to hear but hard to find.

The next company, if she likes it at least, she would accept it without quibbling. The idea of having to deal with a lot of paperwork in an office with other people didn't really displease her but just that "It would be so much better to work from home. »

- Maybe I should change my resume and accept what comes next. She said to herself as she walked into the youngest girl's room.

Bo Hwa walked in without knocking and sighed: the mess was common throughout the house.
Mi So was sprawled on the floor. She was scribbling in her sketchbook and tons of paper balls were lying around her. Bo Hwa guessed that her friend was having a crisis of "it's never good enough" and hesitated to go back to her room. Often, Mi So would spend days drawing and sitting in front of her computer multiplying sleepless nights, and then when she was asked to show what she had done, she would get angry and end up crying and saying, "Nothing, nothing at all, I didn't do anything! »

- Argh! Mi So cried out, tearing out the page with one hand.

She crumpled the page and waltzed it around the room.

- Wow, calm down, Bo Hwa said as she sat on the bed. Are you okay? You've been... like this for almost weeks now.

Mi So puffed and locked her hair in a big bushy bun.

- I can't figure out what to draw...The interview is tomorrow afternoon and my files aren’t complete yet.

- But I thought you got the scholarship, haven’t you? Bo Hwa wondered. Why do you have to go for an interview?

- Yup, but you see, I got the scholarship at fifty percent... All foreign applicants in my field of study have to go for an interview. I have to present seven works in my portfolio and so far I've only finished six. The key piece is missing, you know, the drawing that will make their eyes pop out of their sockets...

- But nothing's good enough, right?

- Exactly, Mi So said, dropping her notebook at her feet. Plus I wanted to make one that isn't digital, you see...

- Just draw anything, it'll always look good.

- Do you always do that when you don't know what to do? Anything...? Asked Mi So in a tone that was way too stressed out for her friend's taste.

- Well, no, I usually don’t do anything at all. She answered, sniggering. I should have done that for my eyebrows too.

Mi So turned around and giggled when she saw Bo Hwa's face. Without worrying about her friend's laughing outbursts, Bo Hwa explained that she needed a new resume: one that was original and didn't look too desperate. She added that the "work at home only" part had to be changed and Mi So was surprised because Bo Hwa was not the type to stay in an office all day long.

- Why? Mi So asked as she got up to turn on her computer. You don’t like your room anymore?

- No... It's just that right now, we really need the money. You know, the main reason I wanted to work from home was to have more time for myself. I wanted to find an academy and get back into dance. But that's not today's priority...

Sitting crossed-legged in front of her computer, Mi So changed a few colors, corrected a few sentences that should benefit Bo Hwa, and changed her picture in the most nonchalant way.
Bo Hwa remained standing and simply followed her friend's every move, looking over her shoulder. She had always found that Mi So knew how to choose words better than she did.

- What if you don't like what's coming? That's your biggest phobia, isn't it? Not liking your work... You told me you never want to feel the way you felt when you chose the wrong major in college.

- Well, I should at least force myself. For us. Bo Hwa replied with a thin smile.

Mi So then selected a few random addresses that were looking for staff and sent the CV.

- That's it! She shouted, all happy that she had done something other than depressing on the floor of her room.

- Did you scan the companies? Bo Hwa asked, looking Mi So in the eyes.

- Huh? What do you mean...? She answered, surprised. Didn't you just want to get a job?

- Yes, but... Don't tell me that you sent my resume to any company? Oh no... Mi So! She complained as she pulled the machine towards her without being able to cancel the sending.

- Oops... Well, that way you'll have better luck! Mi So replied, repressing a laugh.

Bo Hwa's annoyed face got worse with her eyebrows. She took a deep breath and calmed down. Mi So was right, she just needed a job to earn money.

- Let's watch TV and see if there are any walnut squares left in the fridge, Mi So suggested. And I think there are also some leftover orange cookies that Yoo Jin baked yesterday.

Bo Hwa agreed and waited for Mi So to turn off her computer.

In the living room, Jin Ah was already watching her favorite comedy show with a plate of cookies in her hand. Bo Hwa sat down next to her friend and took a cookie from the plate while Mi So searched the fridge. No more walnut squares.
- Did you just arrive? She asked her sister while taking a cookie.

- Yup. We set up the bookcase, it's very nice. All that's missing are the books. Jin Ah replied jokingly. I still need to talk to the owner of the bookstore down the street to see if she's willing to make a deal with us.

- Didn't you say the same thing last week? Bo Hwa asked, giggling.

- Yes, but... It's not my fault! I was super busy lately, apologized Jin Ah.

- Busy doing what? Mi So asked with a laugh. Baking cookies in the middle of the night?

Luckily for Jin Ah, Yoo Jin arrived in time so she didn't have to answer the question. The latter had a desperate look on her face, her right bangs didn't help: it looked like a big shadow on her tired eyes. When she saw her friends in the living room, a big smile crept across her lips and her face lit up a little.

- I'm home, she announced happily.

- Wow, really? Bo Hwa said in an ironic tone. We hadn't noticed.

The other two chuckled and Yoo Jin sighed. She just wanted to say it, like those Koreans who finally come home after a hard day. But with her roommates' personalities, it was a waste of time to hope for a 'Welcome Back'. She threw her bag on the chair and sat down next to Mi So. Her search had been unsuccessful and she was beginning to seriously consider police assistance.

- Gong Ji Kwan is nowhere to be found and the market in Gwangjang is gigantic!  She complained. If he is there, he might be a ghost and that's why the owner is so scared of him...You should have seen the thrift stores there, she said, suddenly changing the subject. Yesterday there were flowery boots for only 20,000 Won. And I, continued Yoo Jin even more miserably, I didn't have any money. No money and no Gong Ji Kwan.

- Aigoo, my poor Yoo Jin, Mi So whispered by caressing her friend's head as if she was consoling a puppy.

- At least I've seen many pretty things... sobbed Yoo Jin. I can't wait not to have to go back to Dongdaemun again. But all those pretty clothes...

- Just go back there tomorrow and bring some money, it's a win-win situation... Jin Ah said to her while turning off the TV, she couldn't hear herself. I have to go back to Myeong Dong to get the chairs and tables for the coffee shop. You'll see how beautiful it is !
- How can I bring money when that's what we're missing?! Complained Yoo Jin. Bo Hwa? How is the job search going?

- Bad. She answered curtly. Don't you feel like right now, it's like we're playing a game and suddenly someone condemned us to stay on the same level?

- Yup. Mi So and Yoo Jin nodded.

- Hmm, except for the coffee shop maybe. Said Jin Ah enthusiastically. So far, so good.

- Yeah, now all you have to do is to talk to the bookseller. Just so we can make some money. If this keeps up, I'll have to break my piggy bank to get us out of this, Bo Hwa joked as she sat down more comfortably.

- How much do you have? Fifteen million? Asked Mi So.

No one was able to discern whether it was sarcasm or not.

- We should have a jar of dumb stuff. Grumbled Bo Hwa. 1,000 won for every stupid sentence and action. It will help us a lot with our unexpected expenses...

They burst out laughing and ended up starting a discussion on BTS as they always did. Bo Hwa had opened the subject by reading an article she had just stumbled upon: Big Hit makes an official announcement: BTS are taking an indefinite break, big news are coming. While the girls were squeaking and wondering what it meant and why they weren't going to prepare anything, the youngest girl's face suddenly lit up.

She ran quickly to her room: Mi So grabbed a large pad of paper, her box of oil pastels and made a large blue gradation. She had finally found an idea.

***
Don't forget to vote :) and please don't be a silent reader, let me know what you think of it 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

573 70 16
BTS members are childhood friends, they play together, they lived together and lastly they grew together. Their passion and dream was to become detec...
8.5K 659 53
'Were you close to him?' Close wasn't even the way to describe it. Ever since I moved here, I had been completely infatuated with Jimin - now look at...
2.9K 115 22
On a rainy day, Ji Ah unintentionally exchanged her phone with a stranger's phone. Who would have known that this would lead her to a life with only...
30K 1.1K 24
Two people living the best lives they could, one guy having a bad day. Who could've known that everything would come crashing down in just one night...