Young & Restless ✓

By aristalgic

actors taehyung and jungkook are paired as the leads in a new drama and find they can't stand each other... More

A U T H O R ' S N O T E
P R O L O G U E
I ' L L S H O W Y O U
R E W O R K I N G T H E S C R I P T
E A R L Y M O R N I N G C U D D L E S
T A K E M Y H A N D
B U I L D I N G B O N D S
F I R S T T A K E F E E L S
G E T A L O N G A L R E A D Y
H O L D M E T I G H T
I T ' S O K A Y
G O O D C O M P A N Y
P R I N C E S A N D P R I N C E S S E S
P A R T N E R S I N C R I M E
T R U C E ?
T A K E C A R E
C A R E - P A R T O N E
C A R E - P A R T T W O
N O T H I M
H E M A K E S H I M S M I L E
Y O O N M I N: H E S A I D Y E S
B E T H E R E
H O N E Y !
Y O O N M I N: F I R S T D A T E F E E L S
C O M E H O M E W I T H M E
S T A Y W I T H M E
C O M I N G H O M E
A U T H O R ' S N O T E
L E T M E H A V E Y O U
D A Y O U T I N D A E G U
H O L D T I G H T
L O V E I S N ' T E A S Y
L E T M E ( T H E M ) K N O W
A N O T H E R R O U N D
T R U T H S
O U R F A M I L Y
A U T H O R ' S N O T E
F A C E I T
T E L L T H E M A L L
T E S T U S
B E A L R I G H T
A L L T H A T M A T T E R S
A U T H O R ' S N O T E
A N C H O R M E
I T ' S T I M E
N O O N E E L S E
Y O U A R E M Y G I F T
A U T H O R ' S N O T E

S A V E M E

13.4K 697 58
By aristalgic

In which Taehyung can't help that he cares and Jungkook can't help but thank him.

~•~

Taehyung hummed a low tune to himself as he rounded the corner of their second set of the day.
The filming had gone extremely well and everyone was in good spirits when they wrapped up that night.

He spotted Yoongi and started to call out to him, but halted instantly at the sound of someone's name.

"Yeah Jin. Bring the car around 12am. Hopefully we can break out early before they force Kookie to drink too much.... I know he can't, but what am I supposed to do?! They've been super accommodating.... Well the least we can do is have a round with them.... Okay, if he looks like he's getting sick, we'll just make up an excuse.... Yeah, okay. We're coming." He said into the receiver before hanging up.

He made eye contact with Taehyung and gave a small smile.

"Hey. Seokjin is bringing the car around. You and Namjoon are ready to go right?" He inquired after making his way over to the younger.

"Yeah, we're ready. He's coming now." Taehyung said before biting his lip.

He felt bad for eavesdropping on Yoongi's conversation, but he was also worried for his co-star. Surely, he was no drinker himself.

But what if Jungkook gets sick?

The thought made Taehyung extremely upset, because it would disrupt the filming.

Of course that was the only reason that his chest constricted at the thought of his co-star being ill.

"I'm so tired from our first day... Hyung, do we really have to go out with the director tonight?" Taehyung whined as the five of them neared the lounge their coworkers invited them to.

"You said earlier that you were excited because you haven't been out in a while. What changed?" Namjoon turned to look at his brother from the front seat, a concerned look on his face.

"I just don't feel like it anymore.." Taehyung said with a grumble as the car pulled to a stop.

He hated when his older brother got all inquisitive about why he was "being a brat".

He was tired, but maybe he also felt bad that Jungkook would have to drink that night.

Nobody seemed to pick up on his true sentiments, but Yoongi did not stop side-staring at Taehyung the whole way inside. The four of them plus Jin, as per Namjoon's request, turned quite a few heads when they entered the swanky bar.

Immediately a hostess lead them to the lounge area where the other crew members were waiting, rounds of drinks already empty.

"Hey, we've been waiting like an hour! What took you guys so long?" The obviously drunk assistant director shouted as soon as the men were in his sights.

"I'm sorry. We stopped to check into our hotel before coming here. We didn't get a chance this morning." Seokjin said after they all bowed respectfully to the staff members.

They might have actually been able to skip out on that outing if their rooms were ready. But when they checked in, the receptionist had said that it would take a few hours. Taehyung had secretly been moping since then. He was sure that if he complained of being tired when they got to the hotel, they would stay in. His plan had failed miserably and the disappointment was evident.

"Alright, just sit and have a drink. Everyone worked hard today, especially our amazing leads!" The director slurred his praises to everyone who in turn clapped and cheered, all except Jungkook and Taehyung who were both dreading that night for similar reasons.

Nonetheless, everyone sat down and made conversation until a server came with a round of brightly colored drinks.

Jungkook's face instantly paled and Taehyung couldn't help but frown himself.

The drinks were eagerly grabbed by everyone except the youngest two. Taehyung nudged the shot in front of the younger male and smiled apologetically.

Jungkook simply gritted his teeth, and turned his head away to flush the burning liquid down his throat.

Taehyung did the same and everyone cheered again as the director ordered some more.

Taehyung looked over at Jungkook who seemed to be alright with holding his liquor, but the color hadn't returned to his face. The pressure from their superiors didn't help at all. It seemed they were intent on getting everyone drunk and by the second shot, Jungkook had beads of sweat at his forehead, his eyes red.

So, when the third round came, Taehyung swiped it quickly before Jungkook could get it and downed it in one gulp.

"Why'd you do that?" Jungkook asked quietly, bloodshot eyes focused on Taehyung.

"Because you can't take anymore." Taehyung whispered back before clearing his throat to address their party.

"I will be drinking for Jungkook. Us Hyung's have to show the youngsters how it's done!" He shouted with a raised glass, before knocking back his own shot.

The crew roared in approval, not caring who drank the shots as long as someone got plastered.

Taehyung, face warm with alcohol and coordination gone, missed the endearing way Jungkook stared at him. The shots were strong and Taehyung's head started to feel light and fuzzy, but he would just have to hold out for Jungkook's sake.

Three shots and twenty drunk staff members later, Taehyung had definitely reached his limit.

A new round of shots had made its way to the table, but Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's arm and quickly stood.

"Thank you all so much for the fun time, but we will be going now." He said and without any further warning, pulled a stumbling Taehyung behind him.

The other three stared at each other in confusion, but made sure to properly say goodbye before following them out. Once they had reached the car, Jungkook released Taehyung who was struggling in his grip.

"Why did you drink so much?! Geez. You're so careless. You know we have to film tomorrow!" Jungkook half yelled-half whined at Taehyung, because truly he was not mad at him. Just annoyed that he cared so little for his health.

"Because I didn't want you to get sick.." Taehyung said with a pout as he tried to balance himself better.

He was clearly much more than tipsy, but still coherent.

"Are you crazy? And what if you get sick, huh? Then what will I do?!" Jungkook shouted. He was both annoyed and touched that Taehyung cared enough to be so stupid.

"I'm fine, I just need to sleep.." Taehyung said while teetering into Jungkook.

"You can't even walk! Look, you're gonna hurt yourself. Just stay still. Gosh.." Jungkook said with an annoyed huff as he steadied Taehyung and held onto him.

"You're warm.." Taehyung said.

He leaned into Jungkook.

The younger just shook his head in disapproval, but didn't let go for the sake of keeping Taehyung upright.

The other three men joined the pair with questioning looks and raised brows, but Jungkook's death stare definitely said 'don't ask' so they drove off soundlessly.

The group reached their hotel and Jungkook had to piggy back a nearly comatose Taehyung. He knew it looked oddly affectionate to his Hyungs, but he was just grateful. After all, the elder wouldn't be so inebriated if he didn't try to look out for his co-star.

Yoongi and Namjoon were busy bothering Seokjin, who was too-sober-to-care, with their drunk chatter and Jungkook just concentrated on not dropping Taehyung. When they had all reached their floor Seokjin handed Jungkook two keys.

"Okay, Goodnight guys. Remember, we're leaving for the set at 1pm." Seokjin said before turning to leave with the other Hyungs.

"Yah, where are you guys going!?" Jungkook said with a frown.

"We figured you guys should room together. It'll help you get closer." Namjoon said with a devious smile.

"From the looks of it, if they get any closer, they'd practically be boyfriends." Yoongi added with an equally mischievous grin.

"Are you crazy? I'm not rooming with him. Why can't one of you do it?!" Jungkook asked with a whine.

"Your bags are already in there. It would be too much to switch tonight. So just stay and watch out for him, mkay?" Seokjin replied with the sweet voice he used when he wanted Jungkook to give him his way.

"So, basically what you're trying to say is that none of you guys are willing to switch because you're too lazy and don't want to bother babysitting the drunk guy?" Jungkook asked with a scoff.

"Pretty much." Yoongi and Namjoon said at the same time before howling with laughter.

"Goodnight!" They added mockingly before going inside their room across the hall.

Jungkook groaned as he shifted Taehyung's weight on his back.

"Just my luck.." He said with a grimace as he managed to somehow open the door.

He was pissed at his Hyungs. Especially since this room only had a double bed. But he was too tired to care. He laid Taehyung down gently and removed his jacket and his shoes. He knew it would be uncomfortable for the guy to sleep in his skinny jeans, but Jungkook really couldn't trust himself to undress the elder.

So, he simply pulled the covers over Taehyung and quickly got changed.

His heart was beating fast at the thought of lying in bed next to the latter, but exhaustion soon calmed his thoughts.

Taehyung sighed softly and turned over just before Jungkook had turned off the light. The youngest just smiled and flicked the off switch. Sleep came soon after but not before Jungkook spoke into the darkness.

"Goodnight."

It was quiet, but once again Jungkook was full of gratitude.

For the man beside him continued to save him in more ways than one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

554K 28.2K 75
In which Jeon Jungkook falls in love with a pretty boy and tries to win his heart at any cost and under any circumstance. Will they find true love? "...
23.7K 1.2K 13
Seokjin is a popular actor well known in Korea. He had won many awards and came in first place for the most handsome actor. The actor is thrown off g...
48.6K 3K 16
"Hoseok broke up with me because you liked me. Why do you have to like me, huh?! No wonder why you're always nice to me! You wanted to ruin my relati...
1.1M 34.5K 114
where kim taehyung and jeon jeongguk have never heard of each other, but fate (aka hoseok) has other plans for them TAEKOOK INSTAGRAM AU - Short chap...