The Initials | Nanowrimo 2023

By CreationSaga

[Book 1 in the Displaced Angels Series] "You took the life of my best friend, made her life a living hell...s... More

The Initials
0| Prologue One
0| Prologue Two
1| The Awakening
2| The Awakening
3| The Awakening
4| The Awakening
5| The Awakening
6| The Awakening
7| The Awakening
8| The Awakening
9| The Awakening
10| The Awakening
End Of Episode 1: The Awakening
11| Conquering The Flame
12| Conquering The Flame
13| Conquering The Flame
14| Conquering The Flame
15| Conquering The Flame
16| Conquering The Flame
17| Conquering The Flame
18| Conquering The Flame
19| Conquering The Flame
20| Conquering The Flame
End Of Episode 2: Conquering The Flame
21| Chaos Walking
22| Chaos Walking
23| Chaos Walking
24| Chaos Walking
26| Chaos Walking
27| Chaos Walking
28| Chaos Walking
29| Chaos Walking
30| Chaos Walking
End of Episode 3: Chaos Walking
31| Silver Oak Academy
32| Silver Oak Academy
33| Silver Oak Academy
34| Silver Oak Academy
35| Silver Oak Academy
36| Silver Oak Academy
37| Silver Oak Academy
38| Silver Oak Academy
39| Silver Oak Academy
40| Silver Oak Academy
End Of Episode 4: Silver Oak Academy
41| Freya Of Fury
42| Freya Of Fury
43| Freya Of Fury
44| Freya Of Fury
45| Freya Of Fury
46| Freya Of Fury
47| Freya Of Fury
48| Freya Of Fury
49| Freya Of Fury
50| Freya Of Fury
End of episode 5: Freya Of Fury
51| Submission To The Flame
52| Submission To The Flame
53| Submission To The Flame
54| Submission To The Flame
55| Submission To The Flame
56| Submission To The Flame
57| Submission To The Flame
58| Submission To The Flame
59| Submission To The Flame
60| Submission To The Flame
End of Episode 6: Submission To The Flame
61| The Uprising And The Orphans
62| The Uprising And The Orphans
63| The Uprising And The Orphans
64| The Uprising And The Orphans
65| The Uprising And The Orphans
66| The Uprising And The Orphans
67| The Uprising And The Orphans
68| The Uprising And The Orphans
69| The Uprising And The Orphans
70| The Uprising And The Orphans
End of Episode 7: The Uprising And The Orphans
71| Displaced Angels
72| Displaced Angels
73| Displaced Angels
74| Displaced Angels
75| Displaced Angels
76| Displaced Angels
77| Displaced Angels
78| Displaced Angels
79| Displaced Angels
80| Displaced Angels
End Of Episode 8: Displaced Angels

25| Chaos Walking

94 32 103
By CreationSaga

Mr. Jefferson gives Cloud a ride to the town hall, only turning the stereo down as they approach their destination. “You shouldn't lie to your mother.” he tells him, keeping his eyes trained on the road.

Cloud peers over at Jonathan in the corner of his eye, having known something like this would be coming eventually. “It would break her heart if she knew the truth.”

“And it breaks mine to see you cover up my mistake.” he replies, parking the vehicle, sighing as he takes his hands off the wheel. “I'm a grown man, I can deal with the consequences of my own actions.”

“Scared people do scary things.”

Jonathan hums, letting his son's words sink in with unfiltered admiration in his eyes. “Take the night off kid, the lord knows you deserve it.”

Cloud opens his mouth to say more but the words don't come out so he presets to his usual response. “I'll see you later.” he utters, leaving the car before taking a moment to look around at the estate grounds, craning his neck to look up at the mansion-sized hall that could fit his entire house ten times over.

“This place definitely has a pool." he mutters, strolling inside with his hands on his pockets, discovering the essentially empty lobby.

"Invitation?”

Cloud slips his hand into his suit pocket, producing the small white card with his name written in italic print. "Right here.”

“Cloud Jefferson.” he reads, playfully flicking the invitation. “I'm only messing with you bro, I'm a first year Acolyte too.”

Cloud accepts his invitation back with a smile, shrugging off the brief moment of embarrassment.

“The names Antonio Navarro but everyone calls me Tony.” he says, fixing his hair in the reflection of an old painting.

Cloud admires his frosted tip, knowing neither of his parents would be too thrilled if he ever tried something like that. “I'm not late am I?”

Tony scoffs, taking Cloud by the shoulder and guiding him towards the ballroom. “God no, the darn thing hasn't even started yet.”

“Why not?”

“The Royal families haven't shown yet and nothing starts without them,” he explains. “So you must be an Outworlder.”

Cloud raises a brow, almost tripping over his own feet when he steps on a tile that must have been waxed twice as much as the others. “What's an Outworlder?”

“Kids like you, Initials born outside of Eden, we call them Outworlders.”

“I see.” Cloud mumbles, feeling somewhat disrespected at the idea that his own kind would other him and others like him so quickly. “I guess so, I mean, I've never seen my birth certificate so who knows.”

"You look like a deer caught in headlights."

"I mean, I'm lowkey freaking out.” Cloud confesses, putting on a false smile. “I thought I was convincing but I guess not. Thanks for that.”

Before Tony can answer, they are interrupted by a man being dragged out of the main hall by his arms, his legs dragging behind him and head hanging low. "Should I be worried?"

Tony grabs Cloud's arm and whispers into his ear. "Three words of advice if you want to survive the night, stick to the walls, avoid eye contact and let them do the talking. If they manage to corner you then wave at one of the waiters to bring you something to eat.”

“Stick to the walls, no eye contact, let them do the talking…are you sure this prison?”

Tony grins but doesn't say more as they walk through the doors, immediately being hit with the sweet smelling aroma of food, decorative flowers and champagne.

The Supreme raises her head once she senses him enter the room. Is that him? she inquires, interrupting the Professor's conversation with a telepathic tap.

The Professor's sharp eyes flicker towards the door, his smug smile widening once he sees Cloud stumble in with a new friend on his arm. You should introduce yourself.

Not yet. she responds, tapping her sharp white nails on her elevated throne, raising her glass upon locking eyes with the Professor from across the room.

As you wish.

She continues to observe Cloud as he is greeted by Sammy and Justin, the three of them sticking together like an invading cell once Antonio scurries off to enjoy the party.

“Happy birthday.”

“Thanks, I'm a little surprised that you remembered.” she tells him, proudly wearing her father's burgundy suit, styling it with comfort at the forefront of her mind.

“I got you a present too but it's like this big, so I had it delivered.”

“You really shouldn't have.”

Cloud shrugs his shoulders, admittedly feeling terrible for letting his friendship with these two dwindle ever since Freya's passing. It was harder back then, knowing that their friendship was only founded on their mutual connection to her.

It wasn't their fault but that also doesn't mean it didn't hurt being reminded of her whenever they were together.

Before he can think about it further, the guard standing at the door bangs his bladed staff on the floor and begins reading out the names of the Royals entering the room one after another. "Augustine, King of the Nature faction. Sophie, Queen of the Nature faction. Their eldest children, Prince Arlen, Prince Demarco, Princess Olivia and Princess Neith."

Neith appears wearing an off-shoulder long black tulle dress with tiny golden details that sparkle when the light hits them at certain angles."And the young Princes, Prince Rio, Prince Remi and Prince Mason."

"Did you know she was a princess?" Sammy asks, sneaking a quick picture with her phone.

“Sort of…it's a long story.”

“I knew I should have worn the green one.” Sammy mutters to herself, looking down at her borrowed outfit.

Justin bumps his shoulder onto Sammy’s, kindly shaking his head before giving her a few words of encouragement. “I don't know, you wear a suit better than all the guys here, including me. I'm a little jealous.”

“Your first girlfriend is going to be so lucky to have you.” she replies, missing the defeated look on his face once she turns away to catch the next group of Royals entering the ballroom.

"Griffin, King of the Water Faction, Lady Octavia, Newly crowned Queen of the Water Faction and Sky, Princess of the Water Faction.”

Cloud almost chokes on his drink when he sees Sky in a tight blue dress with a thin veil of opaque material flowing around her, wearing two moonstone gems in her ears with her hair curled neatly over one shoulder.

When she looks at him, he hears his heartbeat pound in his ears and feels almost ashamed to be looking at her, like he has been caught doing something explicitly wrong...well…almost.

“Sky-” Before he can even say another word a pair of soldiers block his path, their armour and weapons looking even sharper up close.

He throws his hands up as a sign of no ill intention, taking three clear steps backwards, playfully winking at Sky just to see her smile.

Cloud catches Griffin staring at him, unable to read him but sensing he isn't a big fan when he ushers his family away.

With all parties finally in one place, Catrien stands to address the guests, holding a gloved hand out for assistance that is taken up by the Professor.

“Good evening all, friends, family, and to the Acolytes, who we have gathered for to celebrate their acceptance into…into…” she trails off, not getting the chance to finish her thought as she hears a high pitched ring followed by a crackle of static that makes her head hurt.

Everyone else looks up at the symbol of a red fox projecting onto the screens, preparing themselves for the show as the lights around the room flicker and spark.

“Did you miss me?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 7.1K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
220K 15.2K 58
[Previously feautured Noteworthy Novel & Staff Pick on Tapas.io!] Frey Sanders isn't a shy guy. He is a lot of things - obnoxiously loud, over-confid...
6.4K 622 47
Will is a slut. At least, according to everyone else she is. With a past that both defines her and won't let her go, Will has had enough of the name...
326K 9.7K 41
"You have lost your mind, what the hell do you think you're doing?" She yells at me. "Don't start with me." "I'm not starting shit, Elijah! This was...