Nowhere Is Safe (Daryl Dixon)

By Pentaholic4Life

It's been two months since this whole thing started. Two months of fear and pain. Two months of running aroun... More

Nowhere Is Safe (Daryl Dixon)
My Savior
The Odd Men Out
This Is A Democracy
Guts
Surprise Surprise
Long Time No See
I'm Grace Walsh
Not Much Of A Secret Anymore
Meeting Daryl Dixon
Shit IS Flying
Crazy
The Dead Come Knocking
The Aftermath
Demons
Center For Disease Control
TS-19
Safe Haven
A Big Problem
Lost
Found
My Responsibility
Near Death Experience
Alive
Pretty Much Dead Already
That's What They All Say
Trouble
Blood, Sweat, and Tears
Made To Suffer
Consequences
Hurt
8 Months Alone
Prisoner
Trance
Fallen
The Past Is Now The Present
Again
Endless
Regret
Coming Home
Worst Things
What Now
No More
6 Feet Under
Don't Let Her Go
Bed Of Lies
Gone
Bite Me
Walkers In D
Pretend
Distress (Part 1)
Distress (Part 2)
Stranger Danger
Distance
Home Sweet Home
I Was Never Here
Outsiders Belong Outside
China Man
Ok Guys (not an update)
Goner

It's Already Done

2.9K 97 14
By Pentaholic4Life

Grace's POV

  All of the women were helping with Herschel's leg. The bleeding had slowed down a bit, mostly because Carl found the infirmary while we were dealing with the pricks.

  Speaking of the pricks, they were leading us to the cafeteria again to retrieve our food and then afterwards we're going to clear them Cell Block C. I whisper to Rick, "You trust these guys?"

  "I'm not sure yet, that Michael seems a bit sketchy." Rick replied, Michael is my father. "Yeah, I should know." I said.

  Rick looks at me skeptically but I ignore him as we enter the cafeteria. "You guys been locked in here all this time?" I questioned looking around before looking my father in the eyes. I twitched my head to the side a bit while smirking. "Yeah." He grumbled. "Sick of waiting back here!" Tomas shouted from the back.

  "Yeah, hold your horses before I hold them for you!" I shouted back. We walk to the back where Tomas is and look around. I turn on my flashlight and shine in around the food before shining it in my father's face. "This what you call a little of food?" I asked. "It goes out fast." He replied.

  "Mhmm." I grumbled back. "Guess you guys could have a bag of corn, come tun-" I cut Tomas off. "I said half, that was the deal." I growled in his face.

  Rick looks at a door behind him. "What's in here?" He asked before putting his hand on the door knob.

  "I wouldn't go I'm there if I were you." Tomas said. Rick doesn't listen and opens it anyway but he covers his nose quickly and coughs. He shuts the door back quickly.

  "He wanted to know." Tomas chuckled.

  "I couldn't wait for my own pot to piss in." Axel shrugged.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

  Daryl, Rick, T-Dog and I were gearing up to clear out the pricks a cell block. Cell block A to be exact. I never told anyone in the group that one of the inmates was my father. I never call him dad because he never was a dad so he doesn't deserve that name. Rick didn't recognize him because he looked different than he did 4 years ago. 4 years ago he looked awful but not as awful as he does now.

  I remember 7 years ago I graduated high school, and he looked awful. Bags under his eyes, beer belly, a beard that he never even combed, clothes that smelled of drugs and alcohol. I made Shane make sure that my father wouldn't show up. And he didn't.

  "You guys ready?" I asked. The men nodded and I looked over at the inmates that were sitting in my eating area.

  I glared at them. "Let's go." I said coldly. I passed out weapons to them before we walked into the tombs like baseball bats, a machete (not mine, one I had laying around) a pic axe and some other weapons.

  I led the pricks into the dark tombs. "Listen carefully," I started as I led them through.

  "Either you kill and you die, or you die and you kill. Now that's if you kill a human. Everyone turns after they die, doesn't matter if it's a bite, cancer, doesn't matter. Walkers are different story. You kill and you survive, or you don't kill and you die. Simple as that," I continued.

  I turn and look at them. "Wouldn't want that now would you?" I asked. No one answered. I turned back around and kept walking. "These things don't have a brain, that's where you aim for. Understand?" I questioned. This time they all nod. Even the ones who knew what they were doing.

  I started to hear the groans and the moans around the corner and I came to a halt. "You guys hear that?"

  All of them shook their head no. Well their deaf. "Hold on, you'll smell it." And right after I said that, they all covered their noses.

  "They're coming!" Axel shouted. "Shut. Up." I growled. He looked down in shame. I smirked. I was scaring him, that's good.

  Once the first one turned the corner, I raised my machete and twirled it around a couple times. But before I could hit a walker, the prisoners went on a rampage. They all yelled and ran at the walkers. They stabbed them everywhere but the head. I literally face palmed before chuckling loudly.

  I looked back at Rick, Daryl and T-Dog. They weren't laughing along with me so I quickly stopped chuckling and put on my serious face. I did a couple tricks before stabbing, slicing, and hitting the walkers heads, taking them all out on my own.

  "How come they died for her?" Axel whined. His annoying voice attracted another walker. I glared at the prisoners.

  "You aim for the head, not the stomach, not the heart." I grumbled before stabbing the walker in the head with my hunting knife.

  "Let's go." I nodded my head forward as I heard more walkers coming our way. Big Tiny looked nervous but I could careless. I let go of my feelings when I left the group.

  The first walker turned the corner but I let it get closer. Once it did I smirked as it growled in my face. I sliced half of it's head off, killing it.

  The prisoners soon got a hang of it but Big Tiny was missing. I turn around to see where he was but I was too late. A walker had jabbed its bone into his back and a scream erupted from him.

  Tomas took out his gun and shot the walker 3 times before it died. I almost smacked him in the head 3 times for doing that. The walkers were going to be on our ass if we hadn't have killed them all.

  "Do something!" Andrew yelled at me. "What do you want me to do? He's been bit, there's nothing I can do!" I shout at him.

  "Cut it off like you did that old dude's leg!" Andrew shouted back. "Look at where the scratch is." I growled, getting in his face. Andrew coward back. I scoff at him.

  "Guys I'm fine, it's just a scratch. I don't even feel it." Big Tiny reasoned. "Can't take any chances." I shook my head. "I-" Big Tiny didn't get time to say what he had to say because Tomas hit him in the head with the pickaxe. And he kept going until he had blood all over him and his greasy hair fell in front of his face.

  I took two steps away from him, afraid of what he was going to do next. He looked up at all of us, hatred in his eyes. "We gonna get moving?" Is all he said before walking ahead of everyone like he was in charge. Unfortunately he went the wrong way.

  "Hey chico! You're going the wrong way." I shouted to him before turning around and going the right way.

***

  I threw the keys at Tomas' feet. "Are you crazy? I'm not opening that." He refused. "Yeah you are. You want the cell block don't you? You don't have to open both, just one." I grumbled.

  He nodded before putting the key in the lock and pulled on the door. On the third try he got it open. But it was both doors.

  "I said one!" I shouted

  "Shit happens." He replied.

  I rolled my eyes before fighting off the walkers. I was doing just fine before a machete flew in my face. Luckily, I ducked. Tomas glared when he found out that he missed but he wasn't finished. He threw a walker at me. I didn't have time to dodge it so it fell on me. Let me just, this thing is heavy.

  I struggle to get it off. The walker stops trying to knaw at my face when a knife goes through the eye. A hand offered to help me up. I pushed the walker off of me and grabbed the hand. Daryl.

  I nodded at him before looking at Tomas. More like glaring.

  "It was after me." He said. I chuckled. "Yeah I get it, I get it," I paused and my face became serious.

  "Shit happens." I finished with my most serious voice that I could contain. It was silent, like everyone was waiting to see my next move. Oh, I had a next move.

  I raise my machete and BAM! Right through his skull it went. "NO!" My father and Andrew both screamed.

  Andrew tried to hit me with the baseball bat but I dodged it. My father tried to punch me in the face but I grabbed his fist. They both looked at me in fear and ran off down the hall towards the generating room.

  I quickly chased after them, following their shadows and sounds. I soon caught up to them but I came to a halt when I saw where they went. They we outside but there at least two dozen walkers. I stepped back inside.

  The two idiots looked around as they figure out where they were. They turned back to me and ran, trying to get back inside. But I was faster. I shut the steel gated door in their faces. "No no no please let us in." They pleaded.

  "Don't do this!" My father shouted.

  I scoffed. "It's already done." I shrugged.

  They looked as if they were about to cry.

  "You better run." I warned before shutting the other door. Even though the door was steel I could still hear their screams.

  Authors Note: Hey guys hope you like the chapter. Don't forget to comment and vote. How do you feel about Grace being in charge now? COMMENT BELOW!.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 774 32
- I was left. My last group said that they were running low on supplies and had to leave one of us. They voted me out, but why you ask? I did make a...
21.1K 705 39
Gone. No family. No loved ones. No, nothing. Left alone in a god forsaken world, that only the toughest can survive. I keep running. i don't look ba...
130K 2.9K 32
My name is Amelia. I was only 18 when the virus broke out. When the flesh eating monsters plagued the Earth. Now, 2 years later, still with no cure...
922K 24.1K 62
When you're thrust into a situation you never thought could happen, would you do anything to protect the ones you love? "This was hands down the best...