A Big Problem

We're headed to Fort Bennett. I don't think it's a good idea. Something bad is gonna happen, I have a gut feeling. And when your in a zombie apocalypse, you learn to trust your gut. Either something bad was gonna happen on the way there, or something bad was gonna happen when we get to Fort Bennett.

  I was riding on the motorcycle with Daryl. We got rid of Daryls truck and Shanes jeep and it was stuffed in the RV and Carols cherokee. I wrap my arms tighter around Daryl as we rode on the highway. We came to a stop when we got caught in a whole bunch of cars that were trying to get out of Atlanta.

  "Holy shit." I mumble under my breath. The RV stops whilst Daryl drives forward to find a way to get through. When we find one we go back to the RV. "You see a way through?" Dale asks. Daryl nods his head and points to the way through. Dale starts driving forward and Daryl goes around the RV and in front of it.

  Daryl slams on the brakes when we hear a loud bang and whistle after it. I turn around and see that it was the RV again. I let out a small sigh before jumping off of Daryls bike. Everyone gets out of their cars and we gather together.

  "We can't find a radiator hose here." Shane says. "There's a lot of stuff we can find, start getting some gas from these for a start." I say, watching Daryl dig through the trunk of one of the cars. "This is a graveyard," Lori pauses. I look at her like she's crazy. "I don't know how I feel about this." She finishes. I shake my head.

  We continue looking through cars while Andrea heads back to the RV and T-Dog and Daryl get some gas. I walk towards the RV and stand next to Rick who was looking through the binoculars. He hands them to me and I climb the ladder up onto the roof of the RV. As I was keeping watch I heard Shane talking to Glenn.

  "Hey Glenn, are we low on water?" He asks. I turn around and watch him as he opened a shutter to a water truck. A big smile appeared across his face as he saw rows and rows of jugs of water. He takes a peg off of one of the jugs and puts his head under it.

  "It's like being baptized man." Shane tells Glenn. I let out a small giggle and turn back around to keep watch when something catches my eye. I look into the binoculars to get a better look. I see a single walker heading our way. I look down at Rick and see him cocking his sniper rifle. I look back into the binoculars to be sure it was just one, but it wasn't. There were hundreds heading our way.

  I lay down quickly, hoping that they haven't already seen me. I hear Ricks hurried footsteps meaning he was rushing to go tell the others before the walkers got here. Once the walkers got here, you could tell. The smell of death radiated off of them and went off into the air. Also you could hear their footsteps tripping over things.

  I raise my head a tiny bit to see the rest of the group were under cars and T-Dog had a cut arm and was wondering around, trying to find a place to hide. He was losing a lot of blood.

  I hear a small scream from under me. I look into the small window and see Andrea trying to fight off a walker from getting to her. I take my hunting knife out from the sheath and stabbed a whole through the screen of the window. Andrea looks up and I drop the knife. Andrea catches it and takes a deep breath before letting the walker in and stabbing it in the head numerous times.

  The herd left as fast as they came. Once the last walker was out of sight, I stood up slowly. No one had come from under the cars yet. I hear a small scream that belonged to Sophia. My head snapped to the place it came from and I see Sophia running into the woods with two walkers chasing after her. Next thing I know I jumped off the roof of the RV and ran into the direction Sophia and the walkers went, ignoring the protests of the group.

  I keep running until I see the two walkers beside me which meant that Sophia was close. I push myself to go faster and soon I find her. I jump out at her, probably scaring her. "Sophia, Sophia calm down it's just me." I say quietly. She stops squirming and looks down at my holster. "Shoot them!" She says, reaching for my gun.

  "No! No, if I do it will attract the walkers from the highway. Then there won't be two, they'll be hundreds." I tell her before swooping her up bridal style and running further into the woods. I come to a stop when I see a small pond in front of me. I get in first before helping Sophia in. I put her on a small dam.

  "Ok, I want you to stay in here, squeeze in real tight. I'm gonna leave you here-" I get cut off by Sophia. "No no no don't leave me here, please." She cries. "I have to lead those walkers away. If I don't then we won't survive. If I don't make it back I need you to run back to the highway, alright? Keep the sun on your left shoulder, ok?" I say.

  Sophia nods. "Remember, this is how we both survive." I say. She nods again. The walkers appear from behind the trees. I turn my head towards them and start to splash them with water. "Come on!" I shout trying to get them to follow me. One of them fall into the water. "Come on you son of a bitch." I say, a little quieter. The other one finally falls in and they both follow me. I start running the other way, turning around occasionally to make sure they were following me.

  I go onto the land and pick up a big rock and hide behind a tree. When the first one comes I come out from behind the tree and hit it in the head with the rock. I hit it a couple more times to make sure it was dead before the other one came out. I throw the rock at it, knocking it down. I pick up the rock again before doing the same thing to the walker as I did to the first one.

  When I was for sure it was dead, I throw the rock down and head back to the dam. Once I get back, Sophia was just about to go back to the highway. "Sophia!" I whisper shouted. She stops and turns around, a smile spreading across her face once she saw me. "Grace." She breaths. She runs over to me and gives me a hug. "Alright, come one. It's time to get back to the highway before the group starts to worry." I say. She nods. I pick her up on my back and we start going back to the highway.

  Halfway through our journey we come across three walkers. Sophia lets out a loud scream, getting the walkers to notice us. "Shit." I mutter. I look around for a stick or a rock but I can't find one. I try to run away but with my luck I stepped into a big hole. I fall on my knee. I let out a small scream as searing pain went through my knee. "Sophia, RUN!" I yell at her. She hesitates before running off in the direction of the highway.

  As one of the walkers got closer, somebody rode by on the horse and hit the closest walker in the head with a baseball bat. I look up at the woman. "What are you waiting for? GET ON!" She shouts at me. "I can't, I hurt my knee." I reply. She sighs before getting off the horse and helping me up and onto the horse.

  We ride off farther into the forest. "We have to go back! There's a little girl. She's on her own." I cry. "We can't. We have to fix your knee first." She replies. I hesitate before nodding. "What's your name?" She asks. "Grace Walsh. Yours?" I ask.

  "I'm Maggie Greene."