TS-19

We walk through the open doors, shutting then behind us. "Watch for walkers." Rick says. I continue walking forward. "Hello?" I yell. "Anyone infected?" A man says, walking out from behind a wall. "No, nobody's infected." I reply.

  "What do you want?" He asks. "A chance." I reply. "That's asking an awful lot these days." The man says. "I-I know." Rick stutters. The man stays silent like he's trying to figure out if he wants to let us stay. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission." He finally says.

  "We can do that." Rick says. "You get everything you need now, once those doors close they're not opening again." He says. As the group goes to get their things, rick and I stay behind. "Rick Grimes." Rick says, holding his hand out. "Dr. Edwin Jenner." The man says.

-----------------------------------

  "What's the point, if we were infected we would all be running a fever." Andrea says. "I've already broken all of the rules in the rulebook, letting you in here. Let me at least be thorough." He replies. Once he finishes with Andrea, she stands up but sways. Jackie steadies her.

  "She hasn't eaten in days, none of us have." She says. "Follow me." Jenner says. We all get up and follow him into a kitchen area filled with wine and food. "Woah!" Carl says. We sit down while Jenner cooks us up something to eat. Once it was done, he poured us some wine and we all began to eat. We all just start laughing and having a good time. "Let's let the young lad have some wine shall we?" Dale says, talking about Carl.

  "I don't think that's a good idea." Lori says, sceptical. "Come on why not?" Rick asks. Lori gives in, letting Dale pour some into Carl's cup. Carl rushed to take his first sip of wine but quickly put the cup down as his face made a look of disgust. "Ew, that's nasty." He says. Everyone bursts into laughter.

  I finish my glass of wine, and reach for the wine bottle. I pick it up, to find out it was empty. I reach for an unopened one and take the cap off. I get ready to pour some in my glass but I stop and just drink it straight from the bottle. "Woah there Grace, slow down." Dale says. I shake my head, taking another swig.

  Rick taps on his glass with a knife and stands up. "It seems we haven't thanked our host properly." He says. Everyone follows with a thank you except for Daryl and I. I was too busy drinking my bottle of wine. "Booyah!" Daryl shouts. Everyone shouts booyah after him.

  "So doc, when are you gonna tell us what the hell happened here?" Shane asks. "Shane, now is not the time. We're celebrating." I say. He ignores me. "You gonna tell us?" He asks again. "Well when it all started, people went to be with their families. Others bolted." He says. "Everyone left?" Shane asks. "Some couldn't face walking out the door. They opted out, there was a rash of suicides." Jenner replies.

  Everyone was silent after that. "Dude, you're such a buzzkill." I tell Shane. My words were slurred, which means I was beyond drunk. "Grace, maybe you should lay off the drinks for a while." Daryl says. "Make me." I say giggling a bit. Jenner stands up. "Let me show you to your rooms." He says.

  We all follow him, me stumbling mostly the whole way. "Most areas are powered down, including housing so you have to make through here. The couches are comfortable but there are cots on storage if you'd like. There's a rec room you kids might enjoy, just don't plug in anything. That includes you guys to, if you take a shower go easy on the hot water." Jenner says.

  "Hot water?" Glenn asks. "That's what the man said." T-Dog says. Everyone starts to go into their own rooms. I start heading for Shanes room but I trip and fall. I start to laugh. "Ha ha! I fell. That's so funny. I'm such a clutz!!" I shout. Someone picks me up and throws me over their shoulder. "You're lucky you're a happy drunk." The person says. I recognize that person as none other than Daryl Dixon. "Well, why would I be a grumpy drunk Mr. Dixon?" I ask.